The swivel type of the plow is rightfully recognized as one of the most functional and practical. This design is an excellent helper for plowing the land on the site, because it can cover a fairly large area. A good plow is that you don’t have to waste time with it after each approach. You just need to turn the plow and move in the opposite direction. The performance of the equipment will increase significantly. The main actions are performed in the same way as in the case of the rotary mechanism, but in this case the cutting elements must be below the runner (at least 2 cm).
If it is decided to build a blade or a plow for motor vehicles, then you cannot do without drawing up detailed and correct drawings. The reliability and durability of a homemade part largely depends on its well-designed scheme. Drawing on the wealth of experience of the professionals who regularly make good tiller plows, it is recommended that the share be made in such a way that it can be removed quickly and easily. With such a function, sharpening this part will be greatly simplified, and it will be possible to safely resort to it before plowing the land on the site.
When drawing up a drawing of a future plow on your own, it is recommended to rely on accurate diagrams. A self-made structure will be assembled from the following components:
- a metal pipe that serves as a supporting part;
- wheels required to move the structure over the soil;
- working cutting part with or without blades (cutting elements of old devices can be fixed);
- attachment mechanism to the tiller itself.
When drawing up a drawing of a future plow, it is important to indicate in it the parameters of the future design. Not a single element is overlooked. In this case, when using the circuit, you will get a high-quality and reliable device.
How to make?
Modern tiller models can be equipped with a reliable DIY plow. Varieties of this element: double-turn, reverse, double-body, rotary, or Zykov’s product. There are quite a few options for manufacturing a structure. There are even options in which the body is made from a gas cylinder. It is not difficult to make a high-quality plow for motor vehicles on your own if you follow certain rules.
The dimensions of different types of plows may vary. You can consider the parameters of the parts using the example of a rotary instance. It is taken into account that the rotary view of such a device is assembled from the following bases:
- side vertical part of the runner;
- horizontal plane from the bottom of the runner;
- front moldboard.
The most productive plow is considered to be the one in which the cutting edge at the bottom of the fixed share is 20 mm below the bottom of the horizontal runner. Another well-aligned part of the plow is the alignment of the cutting edge on the side of the fixed share with the cutting edge on the side of the plow. The share and the blade must not protrude more than 10 mm beyond the boundaries of the vertical plane on the side of the runner.
There is one more important nuance. fastening the frontal plane of the blade share without visible gaps and gaps, and in the same plane. If we consider these details in more detail, then they should be well polished and, like a mirror, reflect any surfaces. There should be no protruding fasteners under any circumstances. As soon as the plow returns from excavation work, it is advisable to clean it of settled soil and foreign particles. Polished elements must be poured with oil or greased with grease. Next, the mechanisms need to be rubbed with a rag. Thus, it will be possible to protect the structure from aggressive external influences that can lead to the formation of corrosion on the plow surface.
As for the 4th correctly built structure, it includes the flat front surface of the share, which makes an angle of 20 degrees with the flat part of the plow structure. It will equal the angle at the rear of the exposed share. The cutting sidewalls of the share and mouldboard will also have corners of 20 degrees with bases on the side of the furrow. over, the edge located on the side of the blade may be slightly rounded.
How to remake a finished plow?
An already finished plow can always be altered if necessary. For example, a simple horse version can be easily changed to a walk-behind tractor. Almost all horse plows are distinguished by an impressive weight due to the presence of a heavy blade. If such an element is installed on a tiller without preliminary alteration, the earth will simply not be thrown away. To convert a horse plow into a walk-behind tractor, work is carried out in a certain sequence.
- A dump is being built. A detailed drawing is prepared for him in advance. Based on the diagram, a dump is cut out of a steel billet. It is advisable to prepare a cardboard template for this.
- Gives steel to the required shape.
- They remove the horse blade and fix in its place a hand-made part.
- Remove handles that were on a vertically oriented axis.
- Instead, metal fasteners are fixed. Through them, the plow is attached to motor vehicles.
If, in the course of “tests” in the field, it suddenly turns out that the device does not throw the ground very well, then you can gently bend the ploughshare so that it can hit the soil harder.
How to make a plow for a tiller with your own hands?
- How to make?
- How to remake a finished plow?
- Installation and adjustment
- Helpful hints and tips
Installation and adjustment
After finishing work on the construction of the plow, it should be fixed on the tiller. But before that, preparatory measures are carried out:
- moving the tiller to the place where they plan to operate it;
- dismantling the wheel drive. it must be replaced with special lugs (if they are not installed, then the plow will not work for planting the same potatoes. the equipment will slip and may “bury” in the ground).
After this stage, proceed to the installation of the plow.
- The plow is attached to the coupling of agricultural machinery using nuts. Thanks to this, it will be possible to independently set its performance characteristics.
- 2 securing pins are prepared. With their help, the couplings and the plow itself are attached to the earring.
After completing the preparation, they begin to adjust the installed plow. It is from this stage that the performance of both the plow and the tiller itself will depend. For the correct installation of the structure, you need to pay attention to:
- plowing depth;
Setting up takes place step by step.
- On the extreme sections, the width is set. For this purpose, the edge should in no case move below or above the toe.
- The equipment is placed as steadily as possible on special stands so that it becomes possible to set the depth required for plowing. We must not forget that this parameter can vary depending on the time of year.
- It is necessary to carefully adjust the very attachment of the plow to the equipment.
- Bolting is carried out in such a way that the rear half of the plow is located on a single mowing line with the soil.
- Now agricultural machinery can be removed from the stand.
After that, the technique can be considered tuned and adjusted in the event that the steering wheel of the equipment is located at the same level with the belt of the working.
It is possible to assemble a disc plow for equipment with your own hands. A similar model is assembled from parts:
- leading beam;
Discs for the device can be taken from an old “seeder”, if there is one in the arsenal. Install these elements at an angle to increase productivity. The hiller is hung on the equipment through the coupling bracket. The T-shaped plow leash is screwed to it with bolts and a stopper. At an impressive speed, the hiller may begin to slip, so you will have to work exclusively at low speeds or with paired wheels.
How to make a trolley for a tiller with your own hands: photos, drawings and dimensions of a homemade trailer
a tiller without a cart is almost “like a song without a button accordion”: you can cultivate, but you won’t be able to transport the load. Buying a factory trailer is expensive, but making it yourself is quite realistic. This will require a welding machine and experience with metal.
Composition, structure and characteristics of trolley trolley
When planning the manufacture of a trailed cart with your own hands, it is important to figure out what it is. The composition and design of assemblies and parts differ markedly depending on the need for the transportation of goods and the engine power of the unit.
In the maximum configuration, the tiller trolley consists of the following elements:
- coupling device;
- driver’s seat;
- brake system;
- parking stop;
- lifting mechanism.
Photos and descriptions of interesting options
DIYers have already come up with a considerable number of original trailer options. Perhaps one of the following will suit you as a sample.
The small tipper truck has small wheels, a simple frame design and no brakes. At the same time, making a tipping trailer is not difficult at all, you just need to provide pivoting loops and provide for fixing the body when driving.
A biaxial version is also possible. Such a trolley is suitable for transporting heavy and bulky cargo paired with a powerful tiller, while the front axle swivel mechanism is required and the braking system will obviously not be superfluous.
It is very wise to use a piece of construction from a heavy motorcycle. In this case, a soft suspension with springs and shock absorbers is provided. The wheels of the motorcycle are lightweight and adapt well to the load. The luxurious car seat increases the comfort of movement.
Seeing a wide bench, it is difficult to resist the words: “Give us a ride, Petrusha, on a tractor.” If two people are to use the tiller, of course, you should provide adequate seating.
If hay has to be transported, high sides should be provided. This requires nests along the perimeter of the boards.
Like a mining dump truck, not a tiller cart. However, the powerful water-cooled engine allows for the transport of a large amount of land.
This unprepossessing-looking option seemed the most practical. The loading platform is positioned low, which makes loading easier and increases the stability of the trailer when driving. Suspension on springs and shock absorbers plus a car seat promise comfort to the driver of the motor vehicle. In general, if not a Mercedes, then a cool bike will definitely pull.
Outboard Tiller Conversion
Probably, such a car is not even a Zaporozhets ?! He has a trunk at least in front, but here, where to put the load? The owner will have to sit on a pile of sand.
We decide on the dimensions and prepare homemade drawings
The tiller trolley is a serious business, so you should start with the drawings. It is clear that each home-builder chooses his own solutions, however, the sizes of existing products will clearly help.
These drawings can be used to assemble a medium sized rigid suspension trailer. In this case, a body made of boards is assumed.
This drawing will help you make the frame of the trailer shown above. Usually, for these purposes, a profile pipe with a section of 25×25 mm or 20×40 mm is used.
This diagram illustrates the parameters of a hoist trailer. The telescopic stop can be easily made from two pipes of different diameters, inserted into each other. A protrusion is provided on the frame, which fixes the front part of the body from lateral movements during movement. A stop under the drawbar ensures horizontal fixation of the trailer.
This drawing will help you fabricate a simple flat loading dock structure. A light trailer can be made from a profile pipe with a section of 20×20 mm or a corner of 45×45 mm.
It is convenient to use a suspension for a trailer from a motor scooter “Ant” or to make the same one on your own. Two independent levers on silent blocks plus shock absorbers with springs will provide high smoothness.
Another drawing of a trailer with soft suspension. In this case, the use of a torsion bar suspension from a motorized carriage or “Zaporozhets” is assumed. Note that no matter what design you have chosen, at least the simplest sketch of the frame with dimensions must be prepared. This will help avoid mistakes, waste of material and wasted time.
Making a simple do-it-yourself trailer for a tiller
It is difficult to completely repeat the already existing design of the product, since each of us has our own set of materials and components, homemade experience and trailer operating conditions. The main structural elements are the suspension and the frame, so we will start with their consideration.
Often, the rear Zhiguli beam is used as the basis for the suspension, along with hubs from front-wheel drive vehicles. The solution is simple and reliable.
The beam is welded to the trailer frame in an upright position. In this case, the loading platform is quite high. The beam dictates the size of the trailer, so that it is heavy and solid in size. For a weak tiller with an air engine, this option is useless.
To reduce the dimensions of the suspension, you can cut out the central part of the beam, and instead of it, a pipe with a section of 50×50 mm of the required length can be welded to the hubs as an axis. The adult version of the stroller shown in the photo easily rearranges with his hands. In more detail, the manufacturing process of this structure can be evaluated using the following video.
In theory, a rear beam from any passenger car could be used. At the same time, it is more convenient to use the rear suspension of a front-wheel drive car of possibly smaller mass and dimensions. The suspension of the car “Oka” is well suited in terms of load capacity.
The photo shows two options for trailers with a rear axle from the classic VAZ as an axle. The gearbox should be removed, and its place should be closed with a metal plate on bolts. The axle shafts must be pulled out, cut to 200 mm and reinserted. Practice has shown that they successfully adhere to bearings and do not go out. The bridge is welded to the frame with two jibs on each side.
A trailer with a soft suspension is noticeably more comfortable, although more difficult. The load does not bounce in the cart on every bump, and the driver’s “fifth point” does not experience unnecessary overload. Probably, installing springs and springs at the same time is a clear overkill. At the same time, making levers on silent blocks and installing springs is not so difficult.
The cart for the transportation of bulk materials must be folding. In this example, the frame is made of a 50×50 mm corner. Hinges are welded to its rear and body. The bogie axle is positioned exactly in the center of gravity of the load. To unload, the trailer must be placed on a stand, disconnected from the trailer, and then tilted, lifting the drawbar up. Be careful to avoid sudden movement of the drawbar.
Brakes, hitch, hubs and other components
When assembling a trailer for a tiller with your own hands, you will inevitably have to make a decision on the design of the brake system, hitch, parking stop and other things. We will evaluate possible solutions and choose suitable.
For heavy trolleys, a parking brake is essential. It will also fit from any passenger car and must be fixed to the frame next to the driver. If there are standard mechanical brake drives in the rear suspension, it remains to connect them to the handbrake lever with a cable of the required length. The hydraulic and mechanical brakes must be thoroughly tested before loading the trailer.
The hitch is another important trailer assembly. In the simplest case, a pipe is welded to the drawbar, in which a hole is drilled for a finger. For motorized towing vehicles with an air-cooled engine, its diameter is usually 16 mm, with water-cooled ones. 20 mm. In this example, the belay is very correctly arranged in the form of a chain, which is attached by the pin in the side hole of the hitch.
Often, a cardan is used as a pivoting element of the hitch. In this case, the side elements of the cross must be welded so that the trolley drawbar does not sag.
When using a 4-wheeled trailer, it is possible to use a factory vehicle hitch. In this case, you will need an adapter with a ball attached to the tiller.
Let’s consider several possible options for adapters for connecting a trailer. The first is the same ball we mentioned and it works with a 4 wheel trailer. The other two are a bushing welded to a rod that can rotate in the tube. The sleeve is inserted into the tiller hitch and secured with a pin. The tube is welded to the drawbar of the trailer. Thus, the trolley has the ability to turn in both directions when driving, as well as freely tilt on uneven roads. Sleeve height is 60-70 mm (depending on the tiller version).
When parked, the cart may require a support. Spring design resembles a bicycle stop and allows the bar to be locked in two positions.
Reliable tailgate locks can be made from strip, rod and pipe. Angle grinder and welding are indispensable here.
On a small trailer, you can weld on conventional latches. In this case, the side walls should not tilt, otherwise the connection will spontaneously fall apart.
If the sides are supposed to be extended, it is necessary to provide for the eyes for the vertical posts. It is convenient to make them from a 40×60 mm profile pipe.
Sometimes it is enough to weld small lugs on the bottom of the body. Through them, you can tie an awning or load in a trailer.
Hinges for the tailgate can be welded independently from a bar and a tube. However, it is easier to weld regular door hinges.
For fastening sheathing made of corrugated board, it is convenient to use self-tapping screws with a drill. Ordinary with a press washer or roofing with a seal are suitable.
We have already seen how a car seat or an office chair is used as a seat. A simple bench for sitting can be made with your own hands from a piece of chipboard, foam rubber and leatherette. The cover is attached to the base with a staple gun.
I tried to collect in this article the most useful information for those who decided to make a trailer for a tiller on their own. A detailed story about the features of homemade trailers is offered by their owners in the following videos.
Tiller trailer. making a simple structure
This option is suitable for those who do not want to waste their time. For work, you will need to prepare the following materials:
- steel pipes, dimensions 25 × 25 mm;
- pipes measuring 60 × 30 mm;
- duralumin sheet, 2 mm thick;
- wheels with springs from a Moskvich or VAZ car;
- steel sheet, no more than 0.8 mm thick;
- set of fasteners;
- Angle Grinder;
- electric jigsaw;
- welding machine.
The simple tiller cart consists of a sturdy frame. The latter in its form is a one-piece structure installed and securely fixed on the frame grid. The manufacture of this and other trailer elements is as follows:
- To equip the frame, make 2 traverses, using 2 corners for this purpose, measuring 25 × 25 mm. they will play the role of crossbars in the front and rear of the structure;
- Next, make the side members using 60x30mm pipes;
- Connect all the parts made by means of five absolutely identical cross-pieces. as a result, you should have a structure in the form of a lattice. In this case, the platform of the lattice used should be placed with small outlets in relation to the side members placed in the traverse and the installed cross member. In the future, longitudinal steel pipes will be welded to the outlets;
- Next, weld 4 completely identical posts to the longitudinal pipes. Weld the straps to the upper point of the latter, to create which use a corner, measuring 25 × 25 mm;
- In order for a homemade trailer to have folding sides, its frames must be made separately;
- Cover the grille of the platform used with a solid sheet of duralumin and fasten it with bolts. To sew up the sides, take steel sheets of lesser thickness and weld them to the uprights and straps;
- To make a beam, insert 2 channels of the same length into each other. One of the ends of the taken channel must be equipped with wheel axles;
- Attach the finished beam to the side members using serviceable springs. For this purpose, put the ends of the latter on the axle of the earring and the previously installed bracket;
- For the manufacture of the drawbar, use rectangular pipes, dimensions 60 × 30 mm. Weld the springs in their central part to the beam;
- If you need a biaxial design, then the front ends of the pipes used will need to be docked and welded to the tiller‘s drawbar. Weld the pipes at their rear to the front sections of the side members. In this case, be sure to keep in mind that their rear ends should overlap by 20 cm.
Flat wheelbarrow tire DIY. The cheapest way!
Do not forget that the tiller cart must be equipped with turn signals, side lights and brake lights. A wheelbarrow made in this way will be able to transport small luggage over almost any distance.
How to make a trailer for a tiller with your own hands. a difficult manufacturing option
The first thing to do before making a universal multifunctional cart is to carefully study the drawings. They must indicate the exact dimensions of each of the elements and the entire trailer as a whole.
After you study the schemes and decide on the optimal dimensions of the structure, you need to purchase a sufficient amount of rolled metal. Also, calculate in advance the number of channels required for the operation that will be needed to manufacture the bogie hitch. Accurate material counting will save you from buying unnecessary items. You will also need their other materials:
- corners made of steel, measuring 5 × 2.5 cm;
- corners measuring 4 × 4 cm;
- pieces of round and rectangular pipes;
- boards, at least 2 cm thick;
- timber, dimensions 5 × 5 cm.
To work on the trailer, you will definitely need a welding machine, since the trolley will not last long on screws and screws alone.
The tipper trailer consists of 4 main elements: body, frame, carrier and wheels. Each of the components of the structure must be connected to other elements by welding. The procedure for manufacturing a structure is as follows:
- The trolley body consists of 2 cm thick boards. Metal corners should be installed on their edges;
- Since the bogie being manufactured is a single-axis device, you will need to consider the distribution of the load on it. It is best to have the center of gravity closer to the front, near the wheel axle. The body will also need to be equipped with loops that will help to securely secure the transported cargo;
- The next step is to make a chassis for the trailer. It is best to use ready-made wheels equipped with hubs. In order for the diameter of the axle rod used to fully match the dimensions of the bearings, its ends will need to be carefully sharpened;
- To equip the wheel axle, you will need to use a steel rod, the diameter of which should be 3 cm. The length of the rod is of great importance. It should be such that, when assembled, the wheels you are using do not protrude beyond the body rims of the bogie. The rod is fastened by welding. The part must be welded through angle-type supports and gussets to the body of the hinge used and the side members;
- To connect the manufactured trailer directly to the tiller, you will need to make a console. This element must be attached to the hinge bracket, so the upper part of the part must exactly follow the shape of the hiller’s contours;
- Insert the drawbar of the trailer being manufactured into the body of the longitudinal part of the hinge. Connect both elements by means of a thrust ring. Thanks to this solution, it will be much easier for you to control the tiller, since the wheels of the bogie will work completely independently of the standard wheels of the agricultural unit. The video will tell you more about the manufacture of elements and the assembly of the trailer.
After completing all of the above steps, the DIY trailer is almost ready for use. All you have to do is equip the dump truck with a driver’s seat and attach the footrest. The latter must be mounted on the drawbar using a special frame. The control of this kind of unit is carried out using levers.
Tiller trailer: how to do it yourself
a tiller for a modern farmer is an irreplaceable assistant, a reliable companion that will help you quickly cope with the most false economic tasks. However, even such a universal unit is not able to independently cope with the transportation of garden tools and crops. The tiller trolley will help him in this. a strong and spacious design, which is easy enough to make on your own.
How to make brakes on a trailer to a tiller?
In most cases, trailer trailers are equipped with car parking brakes. They will help not only to smoothly stop the cart, but also to leave it in the terrain with a slope. In fact, the parking brake on a manufactured trailer performs the same functions as on a car.
When operating the trailer with a trailer, the parking brake used is activated by means of a pedal or a locking lever. The parking brake system consists of a reliable brake mechanism and a mechanical drive. By pressing the pedal or raising the lever, the farmer transfers the force to the brake mechanism by means of the drive. The brake system drive device, in turn, consists of three cables. The front cable connects to the lever or pedal, and the other two to the trailer wheels.
Among the advantages of parking brakes for a trailer, the presence of an adjusting nut should be highlighted. It makes it possible to change the length of the drive. This feature will be useful if you have removed the parking brake from an old car in order to install it on the trailer of an existing tiller.
In order to start moving, you need to move the brake lever to its original position. For this purpose, a return spring is provided in the design of the system, which is connected to the brake mechanism or the front cable. A trailer with brakes made according to the algorithm described above is suitable for operation with almost all brands of tillers known today. You can equip agricultural machines Neva MB-1 and MB-2, MTZ, Oka and units produced by other well-known brands with a home-made cart. All of them are equipped with almost the same coupling mechanisms, so the procedure for mounting a trailer on each of these trailers will be identical.
What material to make the trolley frame?
How to make a trolley body
The body is easiest to assemble with your own hands from boards up to 20 mm thick, steel corners are installed at its corners. The boards are bolted to the frame. It is better to make the sides hinged: this will make it more convenient to unload large cargo.
It is made from any suitable piece of metal by drilling such a hole in it into which the hitch can easily pass. It is advisable to make a rotary unit from a bearing with a suitable diameter, securing it as tightly as possible by welding.
Tiller trolley frame
- 1. brace from the corner of station L21 × 3;
- 2. seat frame from the corner of item L21 × 3;
- 3. riser from pipe st. 50 × 25 × 4;
- 4. seat racks from the corner of the L40 × 4;
- 5.14. front struts from pipe st. 50 × 25;
- 6, 15. longitudinal spars from the corner of the station L40 × 4;
- 7, 8. wheel axle supports from the corner of station L32 × 4;
- 9.16. rear struts from pipe st. 50 × 25;
- 10. a reinforcing cross member from the corner of Art. L40 × 4;
- 11. body of the longitudinal hinge made of pipe st.58 × 4;
- 12. wheel axle from a circle of st. 30 mm;
- 13.17. transverse spars from the corner of the station L40 × 4;
- 18. kerchiefs (s4).
Those who do not count on such heavy loads can take a simpler option.
Simple do-it-yourself trolley cart drawings
The tiller trolley can carry a load of 400-450 kg plus the weight of the driver. She easily carries six or seven sacks of potatoes without overloading.
It is hammered together from 20mm planks with steel corners attached to the corners. The trolley body is attached to the frame through three strong support beams made of 50×50 timber.
You can use them from any agricultural machinery. Wheels from a regular sidecar from a motorcycle are also quite suitable. The axle will need to be turned to match the diameter of the bearings in the wheel hubs.
3.6. bearings 36206,
5. spacer sleeve,
7. distance sleeve,
9. nut М20 × 2.5,
The driver sits on a semi-rigid wooden seat cushion in front of the body. The driver’s hands hold on to the levers of the tiller, and with his feet he rests on a wooden footboard framed from the corners on the drawbar of the carrier.