Lineup performance at a glance
Patriot PT 3818
The saw is designed based on the design and performance analysis of the previous model. A number of improvements have been made aimed at improving the reliability of components and assemblies, the safety of sawing operations in difficult conditions.
In terms of power-to-weight ratio and design parameters, the saw is identical to the previous model, with the exception of the included 18-inch guide rail and the presence of a wear-resistant chromium-nickel coating on the cylinder mirror.
The standard Patriot chain saw of the latest series is characterized by:
- A combination of affordable cost for the population with a wide range of operational capabilities;
- Modern industrial design with high performance;
- Reliability of component parts;
- The duration of the assigned MTO.
The design uses the advantages of three-cam clutch mechanisms ensuring smooth running of the chain, wear-resistant drive sprockets. An oil pump for the saw chain lubrication system with variable capacity became a standard component of the ACCESSORY equipment.
Increased focus on improving operator comfort.
- Reducing vibration and noise pressure;
- Refined balance, body shape and handles for a secure grip;
- Convenient placement of main and auxiliary controls;
- Reduced maintenance and increased battery life.
Patriot PT 4518
The characteristics of this household model are very close to the semi-professional level. Full operation at high-speed modes and for a long time is facilitated by a standard 45-cc drive with a capacity of 2.9 hp. And semi-professional saw headset with 18 ” tire.
The saw is equipped with an easy start system, the efficiency of the air cooling system has been significantly increased. Simplified access to the engine air intake was also successfully implemented, due to the increase in the volume of the filling tanks up to 550 and 260 ml, the autonomous operation time was increased.
Patriot PT 6220
The professional-grade model is designed for complex sawing operations in dense or frozen wood of large diameter. 4-x Strong engine with a volume of 62 cm3 allows operating the tool at economical, nominal modes.
The design of the body and removable equipment has been improved in terms of comfortable conditions for the operator’s work, transportation and long-term storage. The efficiency of the spring vibration damper and the reliability of the chain tensioning mechanism are also increased.
In the standard design, the Patriot saw is unified to the maximum with the same type of models. On practice. This is the interchangeability of a wide range of spare parts, including second-brand saw sets and consumable fuels and lubricants.
The design of the new models introduces technical improvements characteristic of the elite models of European production, in particular:
- Manufacturing of loaded forged steel connecting rod crank parts;
- Chrome plating of the cylinder working surface;
- Installation of pistons with two compression rings;
- Application of double-circuit air purification schemes and inertial switches of the emergency stop mechanism.
The manufacturer’s official website, presented in the information field, contains a complete list of manufactured products, a branded catalog of spare parts and units, the address of regional offices and contact numbers for additional information.
Patriot Chainsaw Range
Over the past few years, Patriot chainsaws have been very popular among the population of our country. All this thanks to the good price-quality ratio. Chainsaws are NOT whimsical in operation, the build quality is good. Spare parts Not expensive and freely available. Patriot saws are considered an excellent option for a summer cottage, the lineup includes more than a dozen models. As part of the article, we will consider the most popular tools.
The carburetor setting on a Patriot chainsaw is made at the factory with the introduction of Special devices and devices, and is not required in the future after purchase. It is needed only in case of a tool breakage.
The carburetor is adjusted by rotating three screws: quality, quantity and idle. The ideal setting condition is considered to be the maximum engine power in relation to the minimum fuel consumption.
If for some reason you need to tune the carburetor, we recommend that you read the informative article. Guide to tuning the carburetor on Partner chainsaws.
Remember, a clean air filter and a warm engine are a prerequisite for tuning.
Patriot PT 554 PRO
The tire is 50 cm long and the motor power is 2.5 kW, so it can be effectively used for household needs. Suitable for harvesting firewood, splitting branches, no more than trees and other small jobs. One of the serious disadvantages. Heavy, weighs 5.1 kg. Appetite moderate for this engine power.
Patriot chainsaws are not equipped with such rich equipment as, for example, Stihl or Husqvarna saws. After all, this is just a “good Chinese” Put on the conveyor. However, saws have a number of serious advantages in comparison with their competitors from China:
- On the piston of all dust, without exception, two oil scraper, compression rings are installed;
- Chrome-plated cylinder working surface;
- Connecting rod. Piston group (SHPG) are made of forged steel.
These 3 points give the Patriot chainsaws a reliable engine, which significantly increases the service life of the tool.
It is worth noting the unification of Patriot chainsaws. Many users note excellent interchangeability of spare parts. Here are the tire chains, to the carburetors and engine components.
Garden Home range
In 1999, when Patriot chainsaws appeared on the Russian market, they were sold under the Garden Home brand, since K. The manufacturer could not be under its own brand. Garden Home has become a kind of guide for Patriot to the Russian market. In 2013, Patriot got the opportunity to sell tools under its own brand, after which the phrase Garden Home completely disappeared from the name of chainsaws.
We often get questions from our visitors asking them to explain how Garden Home chainsaws differ from Patriot. Answer. Nothing! All of this is done for marketing and legal reasons.
Patriot lineup, an overview of the most popular chainsaws
The Patriot range consists of household chainsaws. They are NOT intended for daily, many hours of use. Patriot positions some of the tools in the lineup as professional and semi-professional, and so, remember, there is neither one nor the other in the lineup. None of them will withstand a heavy load, because K. They are simply NOT designed for this. If you need a professional tool, it’s better to turn your attention to such saws as the Stihl 880 or Husqvarna 365.
Let’s consider each of them in more detail.
. When is adjustment necessary
In general, the need to adjust the carburetor of a Stihl chainsaw, or any other brand, arises quite rarely. Signs of a misaligned carburetor are indicated by:
- The engine starts and stalls, or won’t start. In this case, a “lean” fuel mixture may be a prerequisite;
- Fuel consumption has increased significantly and there has been an increase in the amount of exhaust gases (fuel does NOT completely burn out). An oversaturated mixture may be a prerequisite.
The adjustment itself gets lost in very rare cases, namely:
- When the fixation of the adjusting screws was broken, there are only three of them. Vibration or damage to the protective cover may be the cause. This is a rather rare case if nobody touched the screw.
- In case of significant engine wear, namely piston engine. Then the factory settings are not suitable. In this case, adjusting the carburetor of a Patriot chainsaw, or another model, can save the situation for a while. But here it is time to think more about repairing the engine, rather than adjusting the carburetor of a Husqvarna chainsaw or the like;
- The reason may be due to the formation of a blockage in the carburetor, a prerequisite may be poor quality gasoline, damage to the air filter or scale. In this version, in addition to adjustment, it is necessary to disassemble and flush the carburetor.
Chainsaw carburetor device
Before proceeding with the adjustment, you need to know the structure and principle of operation of the carburetor. This will help to avoid many “complications”. So, to begin with, let’s recall the principle of operation of an internal combustion engine. There is fuel in the cylinder, during combustion a small “explosion” is created, which creates a lot of pressure. This pressure pushes the piston, the piston, when set in motion, rotates the crankshaft. In the end, the total pressure energy is converted into a torque, which drives the chain by means of an asterisk.
During normal operation of the engine, it burns up to 10 milligrams of fuel in each cycle. And the fuel mixture is prepared and supplied in the carburetor.
Thus, the purpose of the carburetor is to mix the combustible mixture with air in the required proportions. If these proportions are violated. The engine is not working properly. For example, when mixing little fuel comes in, but on the contrary there is a lot of air, then such a mixture is called “lean”. Conversely, if there is not enough air, but on the contrary there is a lot of fuel, then this is a supersaturated mixture. Both options lead to malfunctions in the normal operation of the engine and require adjustment.
The carburetor consists of the following basic elements, and although the design may differ depending on the model, the design and principle of operation are approximately the same:
- Carburetor base. The tube, which in its characteristics resembles a wind tunnel, an air flow enters through it; An air damper is located across the tube; by its position, it either increases the air flow or decreases it;
- The tube is constricted. The diffuser, which increases the air flow rate just in the place where the fuel supply hole is located;
- The same fuel enters the air channel from the atomizer, into which it enters through the nozzle from the float chamber (shown in the photo as a fuel needle)
- The float chamber itself serves as a kind of reservoir, the purpose of which is to ensure a constant level of fuel at the entrance to the air channel.
The principle of operation of the carburetor is as follows. A fast air stream flows through the air channel, its speed will also depend on the position of the damper. The float level ensures the degree of opening of the fuel supply channel and depends on the position of the same air damper. The air flow passing through the diffuser picks up the incoming fuel and sprays it. At this moment, a mixture is formed, which is sucked through the intake pipe into the cylinder.
In the float chamber, the pressure level is approximately equal to atmospheric, but in the air channel it is rarefied. Due to the pressure difference, the fuel is sucked through the jet into the air duct. The more the air damper is open. The greater the air flow, and accordingly more fuel is supplied. fuel. Engine speed increases.
This is how the carburetor works. There may be nuances in its structure, but knowing how the simplest carburetor works, you can always understand and determine the purpose of the second elements.
The chainsaw is an indispensable tool, both in the home garden and in the summer cottage. But even the most reliable “iron” assistant begins to mope, then either starts up, then stalls. There can be many reasons, both related to the quality of the fuel mixture and to the engine.
There are a lot of nuances, we will not consider all of them in this article. And we will “take a closer look” at the part of the engine called the carburetor. And we will try to find the answer to the following questions: when is it necessary to adjust the carburetor of a chainsaw and, in fact, what is the scheme of such an adjustment.
Chainsaw carburetor adjustment
Although quite rare, carburetor adjustments may still be required. Immediately, we note that not everything can be done independently, unless you have a tachometer and at least once personally see how to do it correctly.
To adjust the carburetor of the Makita chainsaw, like most other models, there are three adjusting screws. Although some manufacturers have carefully removed two of them, left only one for the user to experiment. So, the three screws on the carburetor body are marked with the following letters:
- L. This screw adjusts low engine speed;
- H. High speed adjustment;
- T. To adjust the idle speed (and leave it for experiments).
In general, the Carburetors are already adjusted by the manufacturer for optimal operation, and the screws are designed to more accurately adjust the carburetor of a Champion chainsaw worthy, in difficult climatic conditions such as highlands, etc. Since the air is thinner there, more precise tuning is required for the instrument to operate. Under normal conditions, this is not necessary.
To adjust the carburetor of the Goodluck chainsaw, as well as other brands, two screws L and H are used to create the appropriate quality of the fuel mixture. To create a lean mixture, the screws are turned clockwise, this allows you to increase the number of revolutions, i.e. Thus, they set high revs. Correspondingly when turning the screws counterclockwise. The mixture turns out to be more saturated, this regulates a low engine speed. Thus, when adjusting the carburetor of the Partner chainsaw by turning the screws clockwise, we increase the number of revolutions counterclockwise. By reducing.
With any adjustment of the carburetor of a Chinese chainsaw or other, a number of requirements must be observed:
- Fine adjustment is always carried out when the engine is warmed up (engine operation for at least 10 minutes);
- The condition of the air filter must be satisfactory, i.e. Clean and NOT clogged;
- When turning the chain with the adjusting screw T, it is necessary to achieve its complete stop, for this the screw is turned counterclockwise.
B do not forget about our own safety, the chain should be directed in the opposite direction to us, the saw should stand securely on a flat surface and NOT touch any objects with the cutting part. For fine adjustments, the screws are adjusted in the following sequence L. H. T. With screw L it is necessary to “find” the maximum engine speed. To do this, turn the screw clockwise, or in the opposite direction, until “Feel the maximum. This is where you need a tachometer, or a sensitive ear for music, and you should know the sound of the engine speed limit if you overdo it, especially with the H regulator. The engine will fail. Repair will cost a pretty penny, therefore we strongly recommend entrusting such work to a professional.
If you have a tachometer and know the maximum number of revolutions of your engine, then you can, at your own peril and risk, try to prove the adjustment to the end. It will look something like this: we find the closest value of the revolutions with the L regulator, then with the same regulators I return them counterclockwise by a fourth of the screw turn. We leave and go to the regulator H, and if it is too tight. The engine will fail.
We turn this regulator ¼ turn of the screw counterclockwise (we warm up the engine before this). We listen carefully or orient ourselves to the tachometer. If the sound. Our ideal is to run the engine at maximum speed like a four-stroke engine. If the mixture is too rich. The sound is screeching. You can try to achieve an average value, not have an ideal, but remove the squealing sound with a screw. And if the work of the saw suits you, it is better to leave, as it is, it is better than to be left without an engine.
If you succeed more. Less adjust the screws L and H, then there is little left. Adjust idle speed. The ideal is here. Ensuring even engine operation in all positions, as long as the chain does NOT move. Turn this screw counterclockwise until the chain stops. If this fails. Need help from a specialist. Unadjusted chainsaw. A very dangerous thing.
A well-adjusted carburetor is:
- The chain is idle;
- The engine accelerates quickly;
- Engine operation resembles a four-stroke engine.
Chainsaw carburetor adjustments are below
A “rich” mixture is a fuel mixture in which the amount of fuel supplied to the carburetor exceeds the norm. In this case, the fuel does NOT have time to burn completely and less energy is produced than with the optimal ratio of fuel and air. Partially unused fuel gets into the muffler, then the chainsaw smokes heavily.
There is an excess of air in the “poor” mixture, which is not good because it has its drawbacks. Namely: insufficient energy during a flash (and therefore a loss of power in the end), excessive heating of the cylinder due to insufficient lubrication and high rpm, which leads to scuffing, and there it is not far to “jam” the engine.
Chainsaw carburetor adjustment
Most chainsaws have three adjusting screws in the carburetor. In order in each:
- T. Idling screw. The idle screw is responsible for the throttle position when the throttle handle is fully released. If the throttle valve is not open enough, the engine will stall when the handle is released, as the valve will cut off the fuel mixture supply. In the event that the throttle valve is opened to a greater value than it should be, then the chain will rotate, which is strictly prohibited by safety precautions when working with a chainsaw.
- L-screw for adjusting low speed. This screw adjusts the amount of fuel in the fuel mixture when the chainsaw is idling. If the amount of fuel is large, the engine will stall under load, if there is not enough fuel, then as a result. Engine overheating, seizure and so on.
- H-High speed adjustment screw. Responsible for the amount of fuel in the mixture when the chainsaw is running. If this adjustment is configured for a larger amount of fuel, then the engine works “unacceptably” and smokes, and if it is less, then we get too high revs and overheating.
Poor and rich mix
A little more about “lean” and “rich” mixes.
Chainsaw carburetor adjustment.
Why might it be necessary to adjust the carburetor even if it seems to start and work? Carburetor adjustments Should be optimal.
In general, the carburetor has a very important effect on the operation of the chainsaw, it is its “brain” indicating how much air and fuel mixture to supply to the cylinder and in what proportion. If the mixture is “rich”, that is, there will be more fuel in it, then as a result we have a loss of power, deposits on the cylinder walls and piston. Which in turn can lead to the failure of the chainsaw. In turn, the “lean” mixture, which has more than the norm in its air composition, also leads to power loss, insufficient lubrication of the CPG, scuffing and possibly “jamming” of the engine. Optimal settings of the chainsaw carburetor allows you to get maximum power, extend the engine life, and ensure minimum emissions!
Adjusting the carburetor step by step
- We check the condition of the air filter. We remove it and either clean it or change it. If the air filter is clogged with dirt and sawdust, the operation of the chainsaw will not be normal.
- We check the condition of the muffler. It should be clean and unforgotten. Read more about muffler cleaning HERE.
- Before you start adjusting the carburetor, you should fill the fuel tank by at least half.
- If the chainsaw is capable of starting, then it should be allowed to work for a few minutes so that it warms up. If the adjustment is carried out “to cold”, then the mixture will be re-enriched after warming up.
- It is necessary to start the adjustment by adjusting the idle speed-screw L. It is highly desirable to have a tachometer, then we focus on 2700 rpm. If not, then we need to find the highest idle rpm. In this case, the chain should not rotate. If it still turns (the chain, of course, not the Earth), then we achieve its stop by rotating the screw T. The sound of the chainsaw should be like listening to the file below. https://benzopilatut.ru/wp-content/uploads/2016/01/Chainsaw-on- idle.Wav
- We regulate high rpm. screw H. If we rotate it clockwise, then the rpm will increase, and if counterclockwise, it will fall. We twist it until there are dips in the ignition. After that, we turn it out about one-fifth of a turn. The sound of the chainsaw when working at maximum speed should be the same as when listening to the file below. https://benzopilatut.ru/wp-content/uploads/2016/01/Chainsaw-maximum- revs.Wav
- We check how the chainsaw is gaining momentum. She must type them smoothly and quickly. If the revolutions grow slowly, then slightly unscrew the screw L.
If you have any questions, write in the comments or better in the VK group.
Remember that the optimal carburetor setting is: