Adjusting the carburetor on a Husqvarna chainsaw
Chainsaw Husqvarna 137: adjustments and settings
Before you set off to buy a chainsaw, you need to decide what kind of work it will be intended for. This can be everyday work at a sawmill (see how to cut a tree with a chainsaw) or the introduction of a saw for work in the country.
In both cases, the chainsaw from the manufacturer “Husqvarna” will be able to cope with the task.
DIY Husqvarna 236 chainsaw carburetor adjustment
Chainsaw adjustment Husqvarna (Husqvarna) 137
To begin with, a Walbro carburetor model WT-660 is installed on the chainsaw. This is a popular model, well-tuned for a variety of settings. Accordingly, three screws are installed in it:
- Screw T. is responsible for idling;
- Screw H. allows you to adjust high rpm;
- Screw L. adjusts low rates.
The process is carried out in the following stages:
- We preheat the chainsaw, letting it idle normally, showing the optimal number of revolutions.
- First of all, we adjust the L screw (high rpm), looking for the highest value. After that, unscrew the screw a quarter of a turn.
- Stage two. we achieve stable operation of the circuit. If, during the above action, the chain continues to rotate, we find the screw T and try to adjust it so that the chain does not spin, working stably at idle.
- As soon as the engine is well warmed up, unscrew the H screw by ¼. After a couple of seconds of operation, the motor should run stably.
- If there is a squeal in the engine. the mixture is too lean, you will have to unscrew the screw H, if a lot of smoke is formed. an enriched mixture is obtained, we tighten the screw a little.
- The final stage is the idle setting. When the engine is running, turn the screw T to the right. It is necessary to achieve such a state in which the Husqvarna 137 chainsaw will work, and the chain will not rotate without gas.
We also advise you to look at the article on how to adjust the carburetor on a Stihl chainsaw, using the example of the Stihl MS 250 model: adjusting the carburetor.
Now you know how to adjust your Husqvarna 137 chainsaw. Please note that each time you adjust the propeller, you need to test the resulting operating mode. In some cases, it is possible to achieve correct operation and a good set of revolutions by slightly deviating from the above instructions.
Adjusting and adjusting the carburetor Husqvarna 137
Husqvarna137 carburetor adjustment
In the picture above, you can see three adjustment screws. Each of them has its own purpose:
The T screw is required to adjust the idle speed.
Screw L serves to adjust low rpm.
Screw H adjusts high rpm.
First, with the L screw (rotating it), we are looking for the highest idle speed. After we have found them, it is necessary to turn this screw a quarter of a turn against the clock hand. If in this position the chain continues to rotate, then by rotating the screw T we achieve its stop.
Then we warm up the engine at full speed in the region of 10-15 seconds and turn the screw H a quarter counterclockwise. We wait 10 seconds and listen. the engine should work as a 4-stroke in sound. If a screeching sound is heard, then the mixture is poor (unscrew the screw), if the enriched mixture smokes (tighten the screw).
After adjusting the low and high speeds, we set the idle speed with screw T. This is done as follows:
1.The engine must be running
2.Rotate the screw T clockwise until the chain starts to rotate.
3.Rotate the screw in the other direction until the chain stops.
With a properly adjusted carburetor, your chainsaw quickly picks up speed and sounds like a 4-stroke engine.
Remember that a tachometer and experience are required to properly adjust the carburetor of your chainsaw. Therefore, it is better to contact a specialized service.!
Do-it-yourself carburetor adjustment on a chainsaw
Chainsaw carburetor adjustment ensures efficient operation of the tool at full power while saving fuel. Adjustments must be made with a clean fuel and air filter. For a larger number of carburetors, the adjustment is carried out with three screws: for maximum and minimum revolutions and idle speed adjustment.
The H and L screws adjust the ratio of the mixture of gasoline and air, which is determined by opening the throttle valve of the carburetor. When the screws are unscrewed, the mixture is enriched, and the revolutions fall accordingly, when the screws are tightened, the mixture becomes leaner. the revolutions grow.
Designation H refers to the maximum speed screw that controls the main jet, L refers to the minimum speed screw that controls the idle jet. The S screw is used to fine-tune the idle speed. Sometimes, to simplify tuning, the number of available carburetor adjusting screws is reduced.
Chainsaw carburetor tuning is divided into two stages. basic (factory settings), carried out with the engine off. and the final, produced on a running warm engine. The exact value of the angles of rotation should be taken from the operating instructions for the particular chainsaw. Failure to follow the manufacturer’s instructions may result in engine damage.
Basic carburetor adjustment.
The adjusting screws for maximum H and minimum L turns are slowly turned clockwise until they stop, then turned back 2 turns, other settings are also possible
Checking and adjusting idle speed.
We find the highest idle speed, for this we slowly turn the screw L in different directions. After finding the position of the highest engine speed, turn the screw L 1/4 turn counterclockwise. If the chain rotates at idle speed, screw T or (S) should be turned clockwise until it stops.
Checking and adjusting the maximum speed.
The maximum number of revolutions is changed by screw H. When screwing it in (clockwise rotation), the revolutions increase, when turned out, it decreases. Chainsaw engines have the highest rotation speed of 11500 rpm. up to 15,000 rpm. A higher speed does not provide ignition, moreover, it becomes dangerous for the engine. The rpm limit can be determined from the ignition interruptions. If they come, turn the screw H slightly counterclockwise.
If the engine is not checked for acceleration and maximum speed, then the adjustment of the chainsaw cannot be considered complete.
When the throttle trigger is smoothly pressed, the engine should confidently and quickly gain speed from idle to maximum (from 2800 rev. To 11500-15000 rev. Depending on the unit). If revolutions are gained slowly, with a lag, screw L must be slowly unscrewed counterclockwise, but no more than 1/8 of a turn.
After adjusting the acceleration and maximum speed, check the saw operation at idle speed again. the engine must run stably, the chain must not move. Chainsaw tuning should be repeated if this condition is not met but with the exception of the basic adjustment step.
In addition, the Husqvarna 137 has an improved ignition mechanism that produces a spark. The manufacturer made sure that the “amateur” chainsaw was equipped with a device that is equipped with a professional model of saws.
The design of the Husqvarna 137 chainsaw is very close to the design of professional equipment. However, the ergonomic design is appreciated by amateurs too. The model is armed with an air injection system, which bears the title “Air Injection”.
- Fuel tank volume. 0.41l.
- Weight without fuel and without tire. 4600 g.
- Bus length. 220-380 mm.
- Vibration on the front handle. 4.9 m / s.kv.
- Vibration on the rear handle. 7.7 m / s.kv.
- Chainsaw power. 2.2 hp.
- Engine volume. 36.3 cubic meters. cm.
Chainsaw Husqvarna 137.
Husqvarna Chainsaw Carburetor Replacement (Same for Jonsered, RedMax, and Zama)- Ranch Hand Tips
The owner of a chainsaw needs to know the main rules for operating the chain. In our article, you will learn how to sharpen a chain with your own hands.
And what machine for sharpening with all this to use.
It will be easier to choose the right oil for chain saw chain lubrication by reading our other article.
The “Husqvarna 240” chainsaw described in this section, the technical properties of which should intrigue you, has a 40-cm tire, also a power of 2 liters. from. The volume of the engine is 38.2 cm 3. and the fuel tank holds 0.3 liters. It will be possible to fill in oil in the tank in a volume of 0.2 liters. Before purchasing this equipment, you need to take into account that it belongs to the household class and weighs 4.7 kg. The number of links in the equipment is 56, the groove width is 1.3 mm, but the noise level is 100.7 dB.
No particular flaws were found with this Husqvarna chainsaw. The moment you will have to face is the high cost of the consumables and lubricants recommended for use.
The Husqvarna 240 chainsaw, which can be adjusted by yourself, is a tool that should not be repaired at home. However, you can do the adjustment of the mentioned node yourself, for this you need to learn how to distinguish between the screws. Each of them has a letter designation, the first is for adjusting the low rpm, the other is for adjusting the upper rpm, while the third is used for adjusting the idle.
Although the factory setting is considered optimal, the screws can be used to tune the engine. This is sometimes required when climatic conditions differ from those recommended by the manufacturer. To increase the speed, the first two mentioned screws must be turned clockwise. The sequence of using the screws is the same as indicated above. If you have some doubts, it is better to contact a specialist, because if the carburetor of the Husqvarna 240 chainsaw is set incorrectly, the engine may be damaged.
Malfunctions of the Husqvarna chainsaw 236
According to official statistics, its 5 most vulnerable systems are:
- lubrication supply;
- inertial braking.
Manifestations of problems of the first group:
- the motor does not start or does not function stably;
- starts up with periodic crashes;
- does not keep idling;
- smokes and does not generate traction as specified by the manufacturer.
In addition to the above mentioned, there is one more problem, which we will dwell on in more detail.
What you need to have to set up
Every carburetor owner should have the necessary tools to adjust this system. Chainsaw carburetor device, do-it-yourself Stihl carburetor adjustment. There are three adjusting screws that are located on the body of the device. They have their own markings:
- L. screw for low speed correction.
- H. screw for high speed adjustment.
- T. regulates the idle speed, in most cases it is used for experiments.
Chainsaw “Husqvarna” 236 X Torq is an excellent household tool from the famous Swedish brand “Husqvarna”. In terms of its technical and functional merits, it is considered the successor of the earlier Husqvarna model 137.
As a basic analogue, it is not designed for commercial operation. for felling, woodworking industries. The ideal areas where this chainsaw found its application are gardening, landscaping, lumber harvesting, repair and construction at the domestic level of complexity. Thanks to innovative technologies, this unit can be operated both outdoors and in closed, unventilated rooms.
Chainsaw “Husqvarna” 236. the unity of environmental friendliness, economy, modern design solutions and the best European traditions of sawmilling.
Husqvarna 236 carburetor repair (repair kit replacement)
Replacing the carburetor repair kit on the Husqvarna 236 chainsaw.
DIY chainsaw carburetor setting
For an independent carburetor option, you need to familiarize yourself with its device and understand the procedure for the work that is carried out to adjust the parts responsible for the correct functioning of the component parts of the device and parts close to it.
It is necessary to carefully handle the items for the system option, also to determine whether the set characteristics correspond to very permissible values.
About the carburetor device
The carburetor serves to mix the combustible consistency with air, while observing the proportions established in advance. When is it necessary to adjust the carburetor of a chainsaw? Husqvarna 137. If precise doses are not adhered to, the proper functioning of the engine is at risk. Adjusting the carburetor of a Husqvarna 137 like a Husqvarna 240 or 260 will save the chainsaw too. When a huge amount of air enters during mixing of a component, and there is not enough fuel, then such a mixture is considered “poor”.
Over-saturation should not be allowed, because with a large amount of fuel, in comparison with air, malfunctions or engine wear are also likely. Adjustment of the carburetor is needed not only before the initial introduction, but also when any differences in its operation are revealed. Before using the chainsaw, do not forget to run it in.
Components of the carburetor
The carburetor design contains a standard set of parts, but may vary slightly depending on the manufacturer. Components:
- The foundation. It is a special tube that visually resembles an aerodynamic structure. Air passes through it. In the transverse direction in the middle of the pipe there is a damper. Its position can be changed. The more it is pushed into the passage, the less air enters the engine.
- Diffuser. This is the constricted part of the tube. With its help, the air flow rate increases exactly in the segment from which the fuel comes out.
- Fuel supply channels. The fuel mixture is contained in the float chamber, then passes into the nozzle, from which it flows into the sprayer.
- Float chamber. Adjusting the carburetor Husqvarna 236. Adjusting the carburetor with your own hands; It is a separate structural element, reminiscent of the shape of a tank. Designed to constantly maintain an optimal level of fuel fluid in front of the entrance to the channel where the air comes from.
Not sure which chainsaw to choose? Read our article.
Looking for models that are cheaper, but reliable and time-tested? Pay attention to Russian-made chainsaws.
Alternatively, check out foreign chainsaw manufacturers such as Stihl.
Do-it-yourself Husqvarna carburetor adjustments?
In order to correctly adjust the carburetor of the chainsaw, you need to stock up on the appropriate tool in advance.
You will need the following list:
- The most common screwdriver, with which you can unscrew or tighten the adjusting screws;
- A tachometer designed to count the revolutions of the crankshaft. It is necessary when adjusting the idle speed, since it is quite problematic to determine the number of revolutions per minute by ear;
- Phillips screwdriver. It is needed to be able to unscrew the screw (T);
- Compressor with a special gun connected to them. The blowing device will help get rid of excess debris and dirt, since the carburetor must always be clean.
Many Husqvarna chainsaws use a special section adjusting bolt. See in advance which ones you have installed and purchase the appropriate kit. This will help to avoid many difficulties at the initial stage.
How to adjust the carburetor of a Husqvarna 236 chainsaw?
Adjustment of the carburetor of the Husqvarna 236 chainsaw is necessary if there are problems with idling or when the tool stalls when the throttle increases. Also, the carburetor should be readjusted when operating conditions change. Its device is quite simple and straightforward; any user can handle the setup. The main adjusting screws are shown in the photo below:
You can correctly adjust the carburetor in the following sequence:
- Warm up the engine for about 5 minutes.
- Turn screw L to maximum turns, immediately return it a quarter of a turn back.
- While holding the throttle grip, turn screw H a quarter turn forward.
- After 10 seconds, lower the throttle and turn the screw T clockwise until the chain starts to move. Immediately after this, start turning the screw back until the chain stops.
For greater clarity, we also suggest that you familiarize yourself with the video, which demonstrates the adjustment process:
Features of the operation of the model
Adhering to the manufacturer’s operating recommendations, you will significantly extend the service life of the chainsaw and save it from premature repairs. One of the main requirements is the use of high-quality fuels and lubricants. Refuel the saw with a mixture of petrol and oil in a ratio of 1:40. Suitable gasoline grades AI-92 or 95. Oil is selected based on the operating conditions. It can be either mineral oil or synthetics. The second option is more expensive, but still more effective.
It is also important to run in the tool correctly. It is carried out according to the following algorithm:
- Start the chainsaw and warm it up for a few minutes.
- Work the tool for about half an hour at light loads, sawing thin branches.
- Then you can gradually increase the load.
What you should pay attention to?
Once your Husqvarna carburetor adjustment is complete, you need to make sure the engine is running smoothly and the saw can easily rev up and down. The idling of the chain is considered abnormal, so it is necessary to re-adjust its connection to the clutch with the screw H.
Do not forget that the assembly is not immediately set up: you need to wait a while, as the Husqvarna chainsaw does not immediately respond to changes in the position of the screws. This time can range from 5 to 15 seconds. This time does not prescribe the table, so you can only find out experimentally.
If, after adjustment, a huge amount of smoke appears during operation, then you need to adjust the supply of the fuel and oil mixture. For these purposes, rotate the screw L.
Husqvarna 236 saw malfunctions, how to fix them
There are also some typical Husqvarna 236 chainsaw malfunctions. There are times when the chainsaw will not start or stall when you press the gas. The reason for this is most likely clutch wear. To remove and replace the mechanism with a new one, first unscrew the air filter and spark plug. Carefully remove the sprocket, spool and washer. Install a new clutch sprocket, assemble the mechanism in the same order. Do not worry if there are any extraneous sounds after the first few starts. the drive sprocket can turn a little until it locks into place.
Another common problem is the lack of oil flow to the chain for the Husqvarna 236 chainsaw. In this case, check the serviceability of the oil pump and the tightness of the hoses. To fix this problem, proceed in the following sequence:
- remove the protective cover, starter spring and air filter;
- there is a pump on the right under the filter. Inspect it for damage. Replace if necessary;
- inspect the quality of the hoses, their fastening. Replace them if necessary.
How to repair a Husqvarna carburetor with your own hands?
During operation and diagnostics, defects in the carburetor may be found. Most of them can be eliminated on their own with a minimum of knowledge and without contacting a specialized repair center.
Among the methods of elimination are:
- Replacement of various gaskets at the joints of sealed parts;
- Cleaning or replacing the filter elements of the carburetor;
- Replacement of pump elements or valves;
Almost all of the above parts can be positioned as a repair kit, which is used for minor repairs of carburetors. After installing them, the carburetor of the Husqvarna 137 chainsaw can forget about malfunctions for a long time, and the regulation will become easier.