How to mow grass with a trimmer with a trimmer head (trimmer coil, mowing head, spool for trimmer)
- First, go around the entire territory where you are going to mow the grass: identify the areas that need to be trimmed with a trimmer head and pick up wire, bottles, rubbish, etc.
- Then screw a working tool called a trimmer head, a trimmer spool, a trimmer coil or a mowing head onto the trimmer’s output shaft and fasten the optional guard.
- Wear clothes "which is not a pity" and safety glasses or a sight on the face (strongly splashes the juice of plants during mowing).
- During operation, hold the trimmer head (trimmer coil) slightly at an angle, but do not “dig” the ground.
- When mowing grass with a trimmer, look at the end of the string (it is he who does the work).
- While mowing with a trimmer, listen to the string: let it run at its own speed.
- Do not slip or stumble!
- See what you mow and where you mow (remember that you are always looked at!).
- String consumption and wear of the trimmer head (mowing head, trimmer coil) increases among stones, brick, concrete, metal fences, etc.
- To mow the grass with a trimmer and not damage the bark of trees and bushes, you can slightly discharge the gas or work with a string shortened to 10-12 cm.
- Wind the fishing line on the drum of the trimmer head tightly and evenly (so that there is no vibration).
- Immediately after you finish mowing the grass with a trimmer with a trimmer head: thoroughly clean the plastic guard and additional fence with a screwdriver. And also wash the visor, the trimmer head and the entire brushcutter outside with warm water and a brush, until the acid of the plant juice has corroded the paint and has dried.
- If we mow the grass on the lawn, keep the string of the trimmer head horizontally low above the ground, and do not cling to the ground, as you can ruin the evenness of the mowing, the lawn itself and so as not to damage the trimmer.
Purpose of the trimmer head (trimmer coil, mowing head, trimmer spool)
- To remove all unwanted vegetation under the walls, along fences, borders, around trees, poles, bushes, between stumps and other obstacles.
- To mow grass on a lawn out of the reach of a lawn mower.
- So that before mowing the plot on the hay, selectively weed thin grass and weeds.
- To cut weeds in a bed between plants.
- To plant potato tops in the garden before digging.
- To completely remove grass and weeds, for example, from paths.
- To sweep (creates an air whirlwind from high revolutions of the trimmer fishing line).
The trimmer head (mowing head or trimmer coil) has high performance when mowing grass, as it is lighter for a metal knife and it has a larger grip diameter of 45 cm, against 25 cm in a hay knife.
How to mow grass with a metal knife trimmer
- Before mowing grass, walk around the site,
a) to determine:
– site boundaries, on which we mow the grass;
– where in the grass are plants that can not be cut (flowers, bushes, seedlings);
b) to determine start place (it is necessary to start mowing with a trimmer from the lightest area to create an open place, so that when moving into larger grass it is better to see the mowing area);
c) to determine mowing direction (depending on the presence of ditches, slopes and grass slope);
d) to determine ways of mowing herbs:
– in folds, if the site is flat with even grass (so that fewer transitions);
– with the transition back to a clean place, when mowing laden grass (its slope should be directed forward);
– mowing grass across a large slope (it is much easier to mow a trimmer across a slope than to climb and lower along a slope).
- We put a metal knife on the braid: "Weedy" or "hay." Protection i.e. knife guard, required (no additional protection for the trimmer head)
– to mow the grass with a trimmer, it is necessary to collect in order: a driving cartridge, a metal knife (it is necessary to put it without distortion), a support cup, a mounting flange and screw on the nut (left-hand thread);
– insert the locking pin and turn the metal knife to lock the gearbox output shaft;
– tighten the nut with a wrench with a force of 3. 5 kg / m;
- Clothe (to mow grass):
– soundproof headphones;
– anti-vibration gloves;
– lightweight and non-slip boots;
- When mowing grass with a trimmer with a metal knife must be set:
– the speed of the knife, depending on the bumps (to mow with a trimmer cleaner and faster);
– working disk capture: between 8 and 12 hours (when the knife moves to the left);
– the return stroke (can be a worker, cleaning or idle);
– engine speed (load);
– on a level: the angle of inclination of the knife and the width of the mowing (larger);
– grass cutting height (to make it easier to mow with a trimmer or to make it cleaner);
– where to move (along the ditch, along the slope of the grass, along the site).
As you move the boundary of the mowed area, move the fuel and bag as well.
If the grass has died: it is necessary to move the steering wheel forward and mow to the left with an angle to the left handles (sector
11 hours) and to the right with an inclination for the handles to the right (sector
1 hour), and do not rush !, to mow the grass cleanly and not to “dig” the ground.
When mowing grass (and turns), do not forget to look around !:
- To notice the gestures of others, turn off the engine and remove the headphones,
- So that children, animals, spectators and assistants do not come closer than 15 m, because when a metal knife collides with a stationary object in the grass, the trimmer or benzokosa (lawn mowing) can be strongly thrown to the side or turned back, and the trimmer knife rotates at a speed of up to 10,500 rpm. and he is able to cut off his arm or leg.
Also, when mowing grass with a trimmer from under the knife, various objects (crushed stone, glass, garbage) can fly out and ricochet.
How to mow grass with a trimmer (more about mowing technique)
The engine revolutions during mowing with a trimmer are set depending on the load on the engine. the thicker the grass and, naturally, the heavier the engine, the more boldly it is necessary to open the “hole” (the throttle in the carburetor diffuser).
Try to keep the engine speed while mowing grass with a trimmer constant (slightly above average). or less gas. only depending on the total load on the engine. It is not necessary to completely dump the gas (and immediately accelerate again) with each stroke of the braid. So the clutch does not “burn” for long, and the edges on the drive shaft can “overtake”, and the total wear of the trimmer (lawn mowers) increases sharply.
Video: Can the Brush Cutter Mow Grass
Before mowing the grass, we find out the parameters of the site
(to know which knives to take, how much fuel and time are needed)
- grass density;
- grass hardness;
- lodging grass;
- woven grass;
- (grass height and thickness are not important)
- site boundaries;
- what irregularities (how to enter);
- the presence of hidden obstacles (remember)
- what not to cut (bushes, flowers, seedlings).
Mowing grass in summer is a disaster, and not just homework, how to use a trimmer. If your yard or plot is heavily overgrown with grass, you might be scared by this, but this part of the article will help you figure out how to mow grass with a trimmer is easier and less annoying.
How to use a trimmer
- Get your trimmer ready to go. If you have a gas trimmer, check if there is fuel in the tank. If you have an electric trimmer, plug the plug into the mains and check if there is enough extension cord to the farthest corners of the area to be mowed. If you have a battery trimmer. check if the battery is charged.
- Keep the trimmer as close to the ground as possible., to find a better position before you even move.
- Turn on the trimmer (press the gas button) and start mowing, moving the trimmer evenly from side to side and making a small step forward, thereby cutting grass and moving forward. Mow the grass.
- If there are stones in the path of the trimmer, this greatly accelerates the wear of the trimmer line, which will require more frequent replacement of the line. How to use a trimmer.
- If you notice that the grass has become smaller and poorly cut, when you mow it, it means the fishing line has worn out, it has become shorter and it needs to be released more from the trimmer head.
– Most trimmers have a button under the trimmer head and to release the fishing line you need to press the trimmer head on the ground and the fishing line in semi-automatic mode, under the action of centrifugal force, will jump out of the trimmer head to the desired length (it is unwound from the coil in the trimmer head).
– For the remaining trimmers, the fishing line must be pulled out of the trimmer head manually. To do this, you need to stop, turn off the trimmer, turn the trimmer over with the cutting equipment towards you, and with your hands pull the fishing line from the trimmer head to the desired length.
– Usually the fishing line extends to a length of one mustache of 15-20 cm. (Cutting strip 30-40 cm in diameter), depending on the model of the trimmer and the trimmer head. An excessively released fishing line is cut about a cutting knife in a plastic trimmer guard.
- Stop for a few minutes if there is even a slight fatigue. Although mowing with a trimmer is not the hardest job, but if you work hard, your back and arms will hurt for several days. If you have back problems, wear a brace so that mowing with a trimmer is not difficult.
- Do not try to trim the grass to the ground with a trimmer. If you mow the grass like that, the trimmer head will become clogged with soil, there will be a large consumption of fishing line, and the lawn, yard or plot will look very not beautiful. It is necessary to mow so that the stubble has a height of about 5 cm, and the surface is as flat as possible. Then you can turn off the trimmer and finish the job.
Tips for mowing grass
- Mow the grass when it’s not very big yet. This will allow you to do the job much easier and faster than if you mow a heavily overgrown lawn or yard. A large mass of grass, weeds, plants and a trimmer will be difficult to grind. In addition, a lot of chopped grass will lie on the surface, which must either be cleaned, or wait until it dries, or until it becomes compost, which is not very beautiful and can cause various diseases of the grass.
- Avoid mowing not grass, but fences, stones, bricks or any other solid objects, as this will greatly accelerate the wear of the fishing line and require more frequent replacement.
- Some will have to wear an orthopedic corset (although this may seem silly). Supporting the back allows you to keep working longer and feel more comfortable.
Warnings on how to use the trimmer
It is unreasonable to use a trimmer, like a chopper, a chainsaw or a garden tractor, for what it is not intended for.
Keep the trimmer away from you so as not to cut off your fingers or leg.
Do not trim the trimmer in water or wet grass. If you have an electric trimmer, you may be shocked. If you have a gas trimmer, you can pollute water and grass with fuel and exhaust fumes.
You will need things to mow the grass.
- Trousers. Preferably sturdy work jeans without holes. You can mow the grass anywhere, so if your legs cannot be protected, you will soon feel how several thousand ants crawl over your legs and bite you. Sometimes the weed can be scratched to the blood or strongly quilted, thrown back by the trimmer on the mowing.
- Gloves. fingerless, leather, it does not matter. If you mow grass without gloves, then by the end of mowing you will not be able to move even a little finger without pain. The weight of the grass through the trimmer puts pressure on the hands and scratches and scuffs will appear on the hands if they were not in protective gloves.
- Protective glasses. You cannot mow grass with your eyes closed, because small pieces of grass fly into your face. One good eye contact will convince you that safety glasses are a must. This refers to one of the main rules on how to use a trimmer.
- Have enough drinking water at hand. Even if you think it won’t be hot, think again. You need how to mow the grass with a vibrating trimmer for quite some time.
- Have spare fishing line or a tucked trimmer head to replace if run out.
- If you have an electric trimmer, you must have additional extension cord. If you have a gas trimmer, you must have fuel supply.
- Rake, to rake grass or weeds.
- Headdress, if you work in the sun.
- High boots (trousers are better to fill in boots).
- If you plan to work at dusk or later, make sure that you have insect spray and lantern.
How to mow grass with a lawn mower
How to mow grass professionally. A well-kept lawn decorates any home. A simple and cheap way to keep a lawn beautiful and healthy is to use a lawn mower. In addition to keeping your lawn in good condition, the lawnmower also needs to be maintained in good condition so that it is effective when mowing the lawn.
How to mow the lawn
- Before mowing the grass, make sure the mowing height is set to the correct height. Different types of grass require different mowing heights. Determine the type of grass on your lawn before setting the mowing height on the lawn mower.
- Keep the mower in good condition. Even if you do not use a lawn mower, it is important to keep it in good condition throughout the year. Just like in a car, you must be sure that all the nodes of your lawn mower are working correctly, before mowing the lawn. If the knives of the lawn mower are not ground, this can damage your lawn, leaving part of the grass not mowed and susceptible to disease.
- Try to mow the grass when it’s not too hot outside. It is better to mow when there is morning dew on the grass. High temperatures can be very dangerous and this should always be taken into account.
- Check for debris on the lawn. Before mowing the lawn, it is important to check if there is debris in the grass, any debris can damage the lawn mower. It is necessary to make two passes along the edge of the lawn. Do not forget to block the aisles.
- We must try to mow the same area every time in the opposite direction. If this is not done, the lawn can be severely worn or damaged in some places.
- Cut grass around flower beds, trees with trimmer and in all places where the lawnmower is not reached, to the same height as the lawnmower (the trimmer can also be called a lawn mower, lawn mowing, brush cutter or electric mowing). Grass mow. When mowing with a trimmer, one must be careful not to damage the bark of trees and not to cling to the ground with a trimmer.
- It’s necessary to alternate the direction of mowing along and across, up and down in different cross directions of the lawn. But we must remember that you can only mow the lawn mower by pushing it forward and in no case can you pull the lawn mower toward you. This may not be safe.
Tips (mow the grass)
Try to maintain constant revolutions and speed of the mower with the throttle. This will ensure a smoother haircut, extend engine life and reduce fuel consumption.
After you trim the grass out of the reach of the mower with a trimmer, put the Kromkorez nozzle on the trimmer and cut off all the edges of the flower beds and paths, and also remove the grass growing from cracks in the paths.
Do not exceed speed when operating the mower. At a high pushing speed, the lawnmowers may not have time to react and run into a stump, wire or stone in the grass.
Check that the mowing height of the grass on the lawn mower is set to the recommended type of grass on your lawn.
Grass can only be mowed when it dries. If your lawn is wet after rain or watering, then the lawnmower may become clogged with wet grass or soil. In addition, moving the mower on a wet lawn can cause soil compaction and lawn diseases. This can ruin the entire lawn.