Fastening the skirting board before wallpapering
In this case, the peculiarity of the work is that first, the baguettes are glued to the ceiling, the cracks and gaps are closed with the help of a putty mixture, and after that they proceed to finishing the wall surfaces. In this case, it is necessary to bypass the baguette gluing line very qualitatively. Even the slightest shortcomings of subsequent repairs that were made in this place will become noticeable. If you are not confident in your abilities, then glue the baguettes on the ceilings after the decorative wall decoration.
Как самому поклеить багет (потолочный декоплинтус)
How to properly glue a baguette to the ceiling
In order to correctly install the plinth, it is necessary to make markings on the wall surface. This step can be skipped if all angles in your room are strictly 90 °. For a large work space, it is best to start at the corners. Prepare a solution of water and soap in advance, a small sponge and a spatula.
The algorithm of actions will be as follows:
- Apply a small amount of glue to the edge of the plinth with a spatula, carefully coat the joints of the elements;
- work carefully so that no glue gets on the front side of the skirting board;
- attach the baguette to the surface, press it firmly;
- immediately remove the protruding glue with a sponge dipped in soapy water;
- after you have pasted over the entire perimeter of the ceiling with the baseboard, seal the seams between the individual parts with putty.
How to glue baguettes to the ceiling: step-by-step installation instructions
The finishing of the ceiling surface is almost always completed with the installation of a decorative skirting board, which gives the room a complete and harmonious look. However, this part of the work requires adherence to a certain sequence and technology, especially in terms of the design of the corners. In the article, we will look at how to glue baguettes on ceilings so that the repair is of high quality.
How and what to paint a ceiling molding
Ceiling polyurethane or plastic skirting boards are usually white, so many people want to give a different shade to the baguettes, which will suit the style and design of the room. There are several other reasons why it becomes necessary to paint the glued skirting board:
- often on the surface of the baguette there are small defects in the form of scratches, dents, especially manifested in bright light;
- the loose structure of the material does not always look aesthetically pleasing. Skirting boards are easy to paint, so you can successfully mask this flaw;
- over time, the white fillets lose their original shade and turn yellow. Painting and decorating will easily eliminate this defect;
- applying a layer of paint will help hide the joints formed during the installation process;
- It is recommended to cover wooden baguettes with varnish or special impregnations. This will not only make them more attractive, but also extend their service life.
Before starting painting work, you need to choose the right paint. For foam products, water emulsion and acrylic compositions are best suited.
If you want to make an original interior, use glaze. these are special paints with which you can get a different texture on the surface of the baguette. natural wood or stone, patina, gold, etc.
It is better to paint ceiling skirting boards before they are glued. In this case, you can use not only ordinary paints, which are applied with a brush, but also sprayers.
The paint is usually applied in two coats for best results. At the same time, before applying the next layer, the previous one must dry well.
How to glue baguettes on wallpaper
We are talking about when the walls have already been decorated with wallpaper, and on top of them you need to stick a baguette on the ceilings. In this case, the order will be as follows:
- the ends of the plinth are cut with a miter box;
- the reverse side of the plank is coated with glue;
- apply the product to the wall and, slightly pressing down, hold for as long as indicated on the package to the glue;
- excess glue is removed with a sponge;
- the joints are sealed with a silicone-based sealant;
- if necessary, the plinth is painted with paint.
With this method, you must be careful not to damage the wallpaper. If it is planned to paint the baguette, it is better to do this before starting its installation.
How to glue a baguette to the ceiling
Before you start gluing the ceiling molding, you need to decide what will be the installation of the products. Most often, formulations are used for expanded polystyrene materials. But there are other alternatives on sale:
- putty is often used to glue two surfaces together. The main advantage is that it not only reliably fixes the skirting board, but also allows you to immediately fill in visible seams and transitions;
- liquid nails qualitatively fix the plinth under the ceiling, providing instant adhesion of two surfaces;
- acrylic glue is used for mounting wooden skirting boards and foam moldings;
- silicone sealants are also used for fastening baguettes, but they have a significant drawback. after installation, the exposed areas of silicone cannot be painted.
To make sure that you have selected the correct adhesive for your skirting board, read the information on the instructions for the adhesive. Usually manufacturers indicate the type of material for which a certain type of glue is suitable.
How to glue a baguette to the ceiling in the corners
Docking the plinth in the corners is the most difficult stage of work associated with their installation.
Important! In order not to spoil the material, adjust the last straight plank to size after gluing the corner.
If in your room all angles are strictly 90 °, the following recommendations will help you to properly cut the baguette:
- place the baguette in the miter box exactly as it will be located on the wall surface;
- press the lower part of the plinth firmly against the wall of the tool;
- with a miter box to the desired size, cut off the fillet parts that will join in the corners;
- use a construction blade to process the extreme sides of the parts to the end;
- check the evenness of the joints by applying the elements to each other at right angles so that no burrs remain. Otherwise, there will be gaps at the installation site.
How baguettes are glued to the corners
To glue the baguettes in the corners of the room, proceed in the following sequence:
- cutting off the end of the products, attach the fillets to each other, check the place of their joining for gaps;
- trim off interfering areas with a knife;
- coat the skirting boards with glue, attach them to the wall surface. If the adhesive requires curing, wait for the specified amount of time.
Finishing sharp and obtuse corners
Right angles in a room are not always the case. In new buildings, the walls are sharp or blunt. As a consequence, a tool such as a miter box will not help you in trimming skirting boards. How to properly cut the ceiling plinth in such a situation? It’s very simple, just make the adjustment of such corners.
Place the curtain rod against the left wall, fully pressing it against the ceiling, as if you are going to glue it. How to cut a ceiling plinth? The action plan is as follows:
- Take a pencil and mark a line along the top edge. Do a similar procedure, only place the skirting board on the opposite side.
- Look at the ceiling and find the intersection of the two lines. Next, you need to take two skirting boards and attach on both sides of the corner. Then put a mark on them, which was formed as a result of the intersection of the lines.
- Connect it to the opposite corner of the piece of material.
- Place the curtain rod on a perfectly flat surface, press it against it with the required side. Next, use a construction knife to cut the skirting board along the existing lines, while keeping it in an upright position.
- The steps are carried out in the same way for trimming the outer corners.
How to properly cut the ceiling plinth with your own hands
Sometimes those who make repairs ask themselves the question “What is the name of the ceiling plinth?” There are many names for this material. This is a fillet, and a baguette, and a cornice, and a frieze. Regardless of the name, the installation technology is not much different. The ceiling plinth is not only a decorative element that visually separates the walls and the ceiling, it also has the ability to hide the joints of the finishing materials of the ceiling and walls.
- Features of cutting the ceiling plinth
- Choosing a tool for trimming skirting boards
- Cutting off the ceiling plinth with a miter box
- Interior corner finishing
- Working with outside corners
- Finishing sharp and obtuse corners
Choosing a tool for trimming skirting boards
First you need to decide on the tools. This work requires:
- miter box;
- a knife blade that matches the material of the finish;
If the cornice is foam or polyurethane, then it is easy to cut. Construction scissors will help with this, in which you can change the blades.
Cutting off the ceiling plinth with a miter box
The miter box is a metal or wooden triangular box. Its two vertically have through cuts at an angle of 45 ° and 90 °. With this tool, you can trim material for straight sections.
Working with outside corners
External corners can be seen in a room that has internal protrusions. How to cut off the corner of the skirting board in this case? Trimming the ceiling skirting boards for these angles follows the same principle as for the interior ones. You just need to remember that the left cornice needs to be cut at a completely different angle. This must be done through the left slot. As a result, the part of the skirting board that connects to the ceiling will be longer. We carry out the same work with the right side of the molding. We put it in the miter box on the right and cut it.
Please note that the edge of the bottom of the material must match the corner of the wall.
Features of cutting the ceiling plinth
It cannot be argued that it should always be used. There are interior designs in which you can do without it, but still, the appearance of a room without a cornice seems unfinished. With direct attachment, things are simple, you just need to attach them to the glue. But with cutting the material, everything is much more complicated. Even a room that is simple in shape has internal corners, where the plinths of the ceiling plinth need to be beautifully joined. If you have to decorate a room with a heavy configuration, then you will need to make an outer corner and join the edges of the baguette.
Interior corner finishing
A standard room has the same corners. Therefore, pasting should be started precisely from the corners. Before you cut the baguette, you need to decide which side will join the ceiling and wall. This is determined depending on the relief and material. If the product is asymmetrical, then it must be attached to the wall with a wide shelf.
How to cut corners on a skirting board correctly? When trimming the left corner, you need to set the baguette in the miter box. The longest part should be on your left, and place the area you want to cut into the tool with a 45-degree approach to the right slot. Press the part of the cornice that you plan to glue to the wall to the side wall of the tool, which is closer to you, and the one that you will glue to the ceiling to the bottom. While the material is in this position, cut the corner with a special knife through the existing slot.
How to cut off the skirting board on the right side? To do this, put it in the miter box on the right side and attach it to the left slot at 45 degrees. When you have cut the corners of both sides of the cornice, attach them to the intended place, only without glue, in order to make sure that they converge. If any irregularities are found, then they can be trimmed using construction scissors. When everything fits together, then the finish can be glued.
How to trim ceiling skirting boards for uneven indoor corners?
If the corners in the room have a rounded shape, then you need to cut the material into pieces, about 3-5 cm long. The length depends entirely on the radius of curvature. Next, you should cut each piece on both sides so that the lower part is wider than the upper one. This must be done in cases where the inner radius is concerned. If you need to frame the outside, then the top of the baguette should be wider. First of all, you need to fit the next one to each piece, and then glue it.
How to cut ceiling skirting boards correctly? It is quite easy to do this without the help of specialists. However, for high-quality and correct performance of work, as well as to save materials, it is better to practice a little on small parts of the material.
How to cut a polyurethane skirting board
Polyurethane is a fairly strong material, so a stationery knife is not suitable for cutting such a baguette. This can be done with a hacksaw or a miter saw. For the first tool, you will need a miter box for marking corners. The circular saw is equipped with a scale for adjusting the corners, so you do not need a miter box. But this tool is expensive.
The polyurethane skirting board can melt when cut. Sometimes this happens because the cutting blade is not sharp enough. Therefore, before cutting the polyurethane with a miter saw, sharpen the knife or spray it with cold water from a sprayer.
How to cut a PVC skirting board
When cutting plastic skirting boards, we recommend using a metal hacksaw. The thinnest and sharpest blade gives the most accurate cut. no chips or notches.
The second popular tool for cutting PVC skirting boards. stationery knife. They also usually cut foam baguettes. Well, if speed is more important than the quality of the edge, you can arm yourself with a grinder.
How to cut styrofoam with a soldering iron
You will need a soldering iron, screwdriver, pliers and copper wire.
Remove the working tip. Use a pair of pliers to bend the wire in half and measure on it a length equal to the length of the tip. Bend the excess ends. Leave about 1/3 of the length of the working tip, and “bite off” the rest with pliers. Insert the improvised copper “tip” with the thicker side into the soldering iron.
Secure with a screwdriver and plug in the tool. The heated copper wire literally floats on the foam in the direction you need. You can pre-apply cutting lines to the material.
How to cut styrofoam figuratively
Foam plastic begins to melt under the influence of high temperatures. This property of the material is widely used for decorative cutting of foam plastic. The thermal cutter transformer supplies electricity to the arcs, which heat the tensioned wire. Hot strings, in turn, cut the foam along the path specified by the drawing.
The professional tool allows you to apply curly nozzles, recreate complex sketch elements and achieve high cutting speeds.
How to trim a baguette without a miter box
Instead of a miter box, you can arm yourself with a pencil and. a ceiling! Marking in place allows you to join the skirting board in corners of any size. even straight lines or with flaws.
- Cut the planks that will be adjacent at an angle of 900;
- rest one of them with its butt against the wall and draw a line along the contour of the baguette;
- rest the striker against the perpendicular wall and also outline one side of it;
- the point of intersection of the lines. control, according to which you will need to make a cut;
- again attach each of the cornices to their place and transfer the control point to them;
- draw a line from the control point to the top of another corner of the plank, cut along it.
The skirting boards can now be joined at the desired location. We have described how to cut baguettes without a miter box in the inner corners. In a similar way, you can outline the necessary points for external.
How to trim a baguette with miter box
The tool allows you to maintain the desired angle when cutting the skirting board. As a rule, they are designed for angles 450 and 900, sometimes 600. serious tools are equipped with a swivel mechanism for adjusting non-standard angles.
How to cut baguettes to join outside corners
- Mark by applying the molding to the ceiling;
- place the bar in the miter box tray and press it with your left hand against the near wall;
- hacksaw. at an angle of 450, handle. next to the left hand;
- cut off the bar;
- press the recipient with your right hand to the same side;
- hacksaw in a mirror position. at an angle of 450, handle. to the right hand;
- make a cut and join the corner.
This method is suitable if the corners of the room are straight. If they are not equal to 900, then a regular miter box may not work. Try other ways.
The set of tools for making a corner ceiling joint without using a miter box is not so great, and, in principle, does not differ from a set with a miter box. Almost every home has these tools:
- construction knife with replaceable blades;
- ceiling plinth.
You will need a tape measure and a ruler for accurate measurements and drawing straight lines, everyone has them in the house. It must be borne in mind that without a ruler you will not be able to draw straight lines for cutting corners using the first method.
A construction or office knife with replaceable blades is an indispensable assistant in the house. Its cost, like a construction pencil, is low, and it is always available, it will give you the opportunity to cut off the necessary segments easily and evenly, cut out a corner or cut thin plates when adjusting the connection. Some skirting boards are made of a material that is recommended to be cut only with a knife and not with a hacksaw due to the softness of the material.
You will only need a hacksaw if the material from which the baguettes are made is recommended to be cut only with it. A regular hacksaw with fine teeth will do.
A ceiling plinth must be chosen for both aesthetic and practical reasons. It should harmoniously fit into your design, cover the joints of the ceiling and walls, hide defects and irregularities. When choosing a baguette, it is necessary to take into account the material from which it is made. this affects the choice of cutting tools and glue for installation, as well as the type of coating on which the skirting board will be glued.
When installing a ceiling plinth, first of all, you need to prepare the surface before gluing the plinth, it must be cleaned of minor irregularities, then you need to prime the gluing points to create maximum adhesion between the glue and the wall or ceiling. The primer is the same as that used for wallpapering or ceiling tiles.
Before gluing, it is recommended to take a small piece of baguette and practice cutting corner joints so as not to spoil the excess.
So, you have everything ready, and it’s time to start the process of cutting out the corners. The first of the above methods is perfect for creating an inner corner. If you have smooth walls, you can cut off equal pieces from the baguettes, and cut out the corner joints from them, then simply gluing the long strips neatly point-blank to them. These manipulations will facilitate your work when trimming and exclude the possibility of bending the baguette or breaking it.
If the walls have flaws, and you are worried that the gluing place will then be noticeable, you can adjust the corner on the floor, and then glue.
How to cut inside and outside corners for mounting quarter round to a ceiling.
When cutting out the outer corner, it must be remembered that the inner corner rests against the wall, and the outer one, on the contrary, protrudes above it. Similar to the method described in the first method, you can try. The only difference will be that the skirting board should go beyond the wall to the width of your baguette plank. After trimming the planks to the desired angle and connecting them, you may need to manually correct the angle, since the angles in our homes are often not nearly 90 degrees. The rest of the methods we have described will allow you to more easily make the outer corner. Just like cutting an inner corner, it’s best to practice first. this will make your job easier and reduce skirting waste.
Before gluing the skirting boards, you need to make sure that the joints fit exactly. Modern assembly adhesives set very quickly, so you will have practically no time to correct the mistake, and tearing off the skirting board is both an opportunity to break it and the need to re-clean the surface of the skirting board and wall from glue. It is better to remove excess glue immediately with a small clean cloth or sponge so that there are no traces left.
With the right patience and the right fit, you can achieve a “seamless” joint and your molding will look solid, making it easier to paint and eliminate the need for a finishing putty to smooth joint seams.
How to make a corner on a skirting board without a miter box?
- The ways
- Necessary materials
- Step-by-step instruction
There are two most common methods for cutting flawless skirting corners correctly, easily and comfortably. The first implies the purchase of a special miter box with a large number of cuts along its perimeter, which help to cut the corner correctly and evenly. The second option is cutting corners without the help of a miter box, which we will talk about today. This process for beginners is quite complicated and painstaking, besides, the presence of a miter box does not guarantee 100% facilitation of this work, be prepared for the fact that the first time you may not succeed.
There are several ways to create corner joints without using a miter box.
One of them is the marking directly on the ceiling. To begin with, we need two pieces of baguette cut at a 90 degree angle. It is not necessary to take two-meter slats at once and try to cut them, you can cut off two pieces of 15-20 cm for easier holding with one hand in the position you need. Next, we apply them in the next order to the ceiling and draw a 5-centimeter line along the ceiling to the end of the baguette, pressing the plinth tightly. Then we apply a second molding to the opposite corner, and do a similar action, and at the intersection of the baguette and the previously drawn line, we make a neat pencil notch on the baguette. With the second plinth, you need to repeat the same thing, making a similar notch at the intersection of the baguette and the drawn line.
Now we can cut the baguette at the angle we need, for this, use a construction knife or a hacksaw, depending on the material from which the skirting boards are made (below we will tell you what materials the baguettes are made of and what is the best way to cut them). To cut the corner correctly, place the baseboard on the table or chair, and cut from the point you marked on the ceiling to the opposite corner of the baseboard. After that, you can easily join the corners and glue. It should be borne in mind that this method is suitable for fitting only the inner corners, it will not work to fit the outer corners.
The second method consists in tracing a sheet of paper or plywood under the miter box, for this you need to draw two parallel lines, then draw a perpendicular from one line to the other, so we get a markup for a right angle. For marking at 45 degrees, you need to use a clerical triangle or a protractor, drawing two lines through the perpendicular at 45 degrees relative to parallel lines. Further, as when working with a miter box, we put our plinth along the line and cut it at the required angle.
It should be borne in mind that this method does not guarantee you an ideal angle, and, in general, in our houses the corners are uneven. “filled up”, and therefore you will have to adjust the angle manually later.
The third method is to make a primitive miter box with your own hands, which is why it will not become less effective. To do this, take three planks or planks and knock them down in the shape of the letter “P”, make slots at right angles and two slots at 45 degrees. This way you cut corners without the “help” of the chair.
The fourth method is quite rare and inventive. it consists of tricks with thick paper or cardboard and a small bar. To do this, bend a sheet of cardboard at the angle you need, take a small block, which will serve as a template for cutting the corner. Press the prepared sheet of cardboard to it and, holding the knife or hacksaw strictly vertically, carefully cut the block at the angle you need. To trim the skirting board, simply place the piece on top of the skirting board, press firmly and cut along the edge of the piece.
The fifth way is the purchase of special fittings with ready-made ceiling corners: internal and external. Unfortunately, there are a lot of skirting board design variations; special inserts may not be found under your skirting board. But in general, it is very convenient for those who do not want to engage in cutting out corner joints.
But also if there are non-standard angles in your house, then ready-made blanks or a miter box will not help you. After all, there are only 45, 60 and 90 degrees you can cut the connection. In this case, cut the edge of the baguette by eye at an angle of 45 degrees, and when trying on to your corner, carefully trim it, so you will be able to achieve an almost perfect connection, with only one thing. there can be a lot of such fittings and trims.
Easy Miter Cuts on Shadow Molding | Armstrong Ceiling Solutions
As you can see, in the absence of a miter box, you can still cut the correct corner joint for baguettes, you just need patience and perseverance, and unnecessary skills will not interfere with anyone in the future.
Sometimes the unevenness of the walls or ceiling prevents you from gluing the plinth along its entire length, tightly pressed against the wall or ceiling, or you made a little mistake when cutting the inner corner, and you have a gap. To eliminate these defects, a white acrylic finishing putty is perfect. It can be painted well after drying, and with its help you can gently putty the joints. This putty is sold ready-made, you do not need to stir it yourself with water and worry about non-compliance with the proportions, depending on the manufacturer. If you want to make everything aesthetically pleasing, then spare the money and buy a small jar. According to personal observations, 0.5 kg cans of ready-made putty will be enough for you both for all the flaws in the joints of the ceiling plinth, and for eliminating other minor errors during the repair.
And also for easier trimming of corners, you can use a clerical triangle, it will give you the ability to accurately cut a 45-degree angle.
One of the important factors to consider is the material from which the skirting board is made. Now they are made from PVC. polyvinyl chloride, expanded polystyrene (foam), wood and polyurethane. Depending on the material, glue and baguette trimmer should be selected.
For information on how to make a corner undercut in a ceiling plinth without a miter box, see the next video.
How to make a corner on a skirting board. step by step guide
After repairing the ceiling, its appearance will be unfinished, if you do not install the baseboards or otherwise fillets. They will help hide minor imperfections and decorate rooms. Corner skirting boards made correctly are a handy addition when you need to make the corners perfect. The most difficult thing in the process of installing them is joining.
Trying on the result
Knowing how to properly cut a corner on a ceiling plinth will help you do this job efficiently. The resulting fillet pieces are applied to the ceiling to see the result. The place of their joining should be as even as possible, without gaps and notches.
If you don’t get a snug fit right away, don’t get upset. The use of an ordinary knife will help to eliminate the shortcomings. With its help, the edges of the product are trimmed until the desired result is obtained.
Trimming skirting boards using a miter box is used only when the angle between adjacent walls is 90 degrees, otherwise trimming has to be done manually.
Appointment of the ceiling plinth
Its main functions:
- Aesthetic. The skirting board covers irregularities and joints, making the transition from the ceiling surface to the walls smooth and beautiful, thanks to which it takes on a complete shape.
- Decorative. Manufacturers produce different types of skirting boards. Many of them are excellent looking and able to attract the eye. For this reason, fillets can be a decoration of the interior of a room, giving it uniqueness, style and originality.
But the process of how to make a plinth on the ceiling is not easy. The main difficulty lies in finishing the corners. It is rarely possible to execute it the first time. But you need to complete the work so that the corners look organic, and their elements are tightly joined together.
The nuances of trimming inner corners
The work related to how to make the inner corner of the ceiling plinth begins with the fact that the product is applied to the ceiling. This is necessary to measure the required length of the part.
When the measurements are completed, the plinth is installed in the prepared miter box. It is placed so that the location of the product in it is exactly the same as on the ceiling.
You need to hold the plinth with your left hand and make sure that it fits snugly against the wall of the device. The section that is intended for installation on the ceiling should be located on top, and the lower part is pressed against the bottom of the miter box.
The hacksaw blade is turned at an angle of 45 degrees and begins to cut. The tool itself is held as close to the left hand as possible and is not pressed hard when cutting. After it was possible to cut the inner corner of the ceiling plinth at number one, they begin to work with the adjacent product. They cut it in the same way, but vice versa, as if in a mirror image.
If fillets are made of expanded polystyrene or polyvinyl chloride, work should be started from the front side to get a more accurate result.
Choosing a cutting tool
Before making corners on the ceiling plinths, you need to find out from which building material the fillets are made:
- Expanded polystyrene. This material is extremely brittle and crumbles easily. Its advantage lies in its affordable price for many consumers. When working with expanded polystyrene, due to its fragility, use a knife or hacksaw. In this case, you cannot make strong pressing, you need to do the work as carefully and leisurely as possible, otherwise the plinth will break.
- Polyvinyl chloride. Products made from it are inexpensive, but they also need to be handled with care. PVC skirting boards are highly electrostatic and therefore strongly attract dust. To cut such products, use a hacksaw or knife.
- Extruded polystyrene foam. Fillets made of this material are strong and reliable, but their cost is higher than previous samples. They are not easy to break and do not crumble when cut. When making a choice with what tool and how to cut corners from this material on the ceiling plinths, it is best to use a construction knife or hacksaw, which are designed to work with metal products.
- Wood. The most durable type of these products is made from wood. These reliable products are the most difficult to work with due to the high resistance of the material to physical stress. Wooden skirting boards are cut with a hacksaw, and with small teeth.
- Polyurethane. It is used to produce durable skirting boards for ceiling surfaces. They have a big drawback. polyurethane products do not react well to temperature changes and are sensitive to heat or cold. These nuances must be taken into account before trimming the ceiling plinth in the corners.
There are special fittings on sale that facilitate the installation of fillets. These are the corners for the ceiling plinth. They help to hide all kinds of errors that arise during installation. In these corners, you just need to insert the skirting boards. You just need to cut the fillet at a right angle. The corner will cover the existing errors.
Outside corner creation
Before making the outer corner of the skirting board, you need to carry out the appropriate calculations and measurements in order to perfectly cut the product. To do this, measure the distance that the part takes from the corner on the outside to the nearest wall.
On the reverse side of the product, a line is drawn outlining the required length, not forgetting that its upper part protrudes slightly outward. After completing measurements and calculations of the outer corner of the ceiling plinth, proceed to further work.
The fillet is placed in a miter box and carefully cut off. The adjacent plinth is measured, like the previous one, not forgetting to leave a stock. You need to crop in a mirror image relative to the first segment.
Self-made miter box
If you have the skills to work with drawings, you can try to make a handy tool out of paper with your own hands. To do this, you need to prepare cardboard, whatman paper or other paper, a protractor, a pencil.
The template is made in the following sequence:
- First, two parallel lines are drawn and the place where their center is located.
- Then use a protractor, putting all the necessary angles on paper with it.
- Also, before you cut the corner of the ceiling plinth, you should check the distance between the walls using a special corner and measure them with a protractor.
- Fillets are cut off only after the completion of all manipulations. We must not forget that the right side of the part is cut off from the left side, and the left, respectively, from the right side. As for the miter box, the details are placed in it the other way around. Right side. to the left and the left to the right.
The main types of ceiling cornices / moldings / skirting boards
|wide cornice||narrow baguette||smooth / profile|
|cornice with ornament||flexible with ornament||flexible smooth baguette|
Corners for ceiling plinths
The use of decorative corners for joining the ceiling fillets is optional, but you shouldn’t forget about this possibility either. Corner fittings can make it easier for you to work with “beautiful” installation of ceiling cornices.
Flexible cornices with or without ornament (smooth)
Ceiling skirting boards, polyurethane moldings
- Length, mm: 2400
- Height, mm: 51
- Depth, mm: 51
- material: polyurethane
Ceiling plinth, decorative polyurethane molding
Ceiling cornices. it is an element of interior decor, the main purpose of which is to hide and embellish the joint between the ceiling and the wall, while maintaining the integrity of the design of the room.
First we glue the ceiling plinth or wallpaper?
- First, we glue the ceiling cornice or moldings on the wall
- After that we glue the wallpaper, paint the wall or whatever is planned
At first glance, it will seem that first of all it is worth sticking the wallpaper on the wall, after which you can attach a baguette on top. However, every master knows that according to the instructions, first of all, it is worth glueing the plinth, after which it is necessary to seal the joints of the cornice with the wall with putty (since the walls are very often uneven) and then paint it with water dispersion paint. So that excess glue or sealant does not get on the wallpaper and does not stain them when installing the baguette, so that in the future there is an opportunity to change the wallpaper without tearing off the plinth itself. it is worth doing just that. The best way to cut the plinth is with a miter box. special carpentry tool that helps to maintain the desired separation angle as accurately as possible.
Wholesale of decorative baguettes in Ukraine (Odessa, Kiev)
In our assortment you will find:
- ceiling cornices with ornaments
- ceiling skirting boards smooth
- flexible ceiling moldings with ornament
- profile flexible ceiling skirting boards