Low oil in the fuel mixture
Let’s look at the most unpleasant case first. Why? Because before you manipulate the filters, it is better to make sure that your oil and gasoline are mixed in the correct ratio..
Here, however, it is worth noting that if your saw has already been started many times (for example, ten times), but continues to start, and then stalls again when the speed increases, then everything is apparently in order with the fuel. Otherwise, she would have simply stopped starting altogether..
But still, I recommend that you immediately dispel the slightest doubts about the quality of the fuel, as soon as your saw stalled during a set of revolutions for the first time. Because if the reason is in the fuel, then, as already mentioned above, you can get into an expensive repair. And so, it can still be dispensed with. To dispel doubts is to drain the old fuel from the tank and fill in freshly prepared fuel, in which oil and gasoline are mixed in the correct proportion.
The correct ratio is best seen in the instructions for the saw. If you have lost it, then we look at the ratio on the oil package. It is usually 1:50 or 1:40. If the oil is used “non-native” (well, for example, for Stihl chainsaws, Stihl will also not be enough “native”), then I recommend using a ratio of 1:40, even if the oil packaging says 1:50.
For accurate dosage, I myself personally use a medical syringe and a measuring container in which one liter of gasoline can be clearly measured. I pour a liter of gasoline into a container, draw 25 (at 1:40) or 20 (at 1:50) cubes of oil into the syringe and add it to the gasoline.
After preparing a new mixture, drain the previous mixture from the tank, in which we are unsure, and pour in the fresh one just prepared.
Now that you have done everything to dispel any doubts about the quality of the fuel, we move on to further actions..
As I wrote above, with a lack of oil on the piston and cylinder walls, scuffs can form – and they are almost always formed. If you are lucky and no seizure appears, then with the new fuel mixture prepared in the correct ratio, the chainsaw should start working normally..
If seizures appear, then the saw can start and stall several more times, after which it will stop starting altogether. In such a situation, I sympathize with you, because, most likely, now you will need to replace the piston group, which will be very expensive.
Your Chainsaw Stalls? You Can Fix It, Here’s How
If the saw, as before, starts up and stalls at high speeds, then we carry out manipulations with the filters.
Fuel filter dirty
If the option with an air filter did not suit you, then we try to change the fuel one. It is located in the gas tank and is attached to the hose through which fuel is taken from the tank..
This hose must be gently pryed with something and removed from the gas tank its edge, on which the filter is fixed. Here, the option with work without a filter, as in the case of an air filter, it is better not to use it, since you cannot know for sure if there are any unnecessary impurities in the fuel..
Therefore, we simply change the fuel filter to a new one and try to work. If everything is fine, then congratulations – you have found the reason..
Why does a chainsaw stall when you press the gas?
Hello! If you are on this page, then, most likely, your chainsaw stalls when you press the gas, and you want to know why this is happening and what to do about it. Well, I will try to help you with this problem by examining the most common causes of such a misfortune, as well as methods of eliminating them..
To begin with, I will immediately write for novice users that many chainsaws require warming up the engine at idle speed for about one minute before work. Saw may stall when gas is added while engine is cold.
So, if a heated chainsaw can idle, but stalls under load, then this means that:
- improperly tuned or clogged carburetor – the most common case;
- it does not have enough air, the consumption of which increases sharply with increasing speed – this means that the air filter is dirty (a rare case, since the filter becomes clogged gradually, so the user first notices a loss of power);
- it does not have enough fuel, the consumption of which also increases with increasing speed – this means that the fuel filter is dirty (also an infrequent case);
- Well, the most unpleasant case is if there is excessive friction between the piston and the cylinder wall due to a lack of oil in the fuel mixture – after such a chainsaw operation, you will most likely fly into the repair of the piston group, since seizures form on the piston and cylinder walls that prevent saw operation.
Let’s analyze these cases separately..
Air filter dirty
It is quite easy to make sure that the air filter is dirty. You just need to remove it and start the chainsaw without it – if the saw works fine, then it’s in it and it just needs to be changed or washed, depending on its type. And do not be afraid that the chainsaw will work for a while without dust protection – if there is no dust cloud around you, then everything is fine.
So, remove the air filter. To do this, you need to remove the cover from the rear upper part of the chainsaw, which is fastened either with screws, or simply with some kind of lock that you just need to turn or snap off.
If the saw operates normally when the filter is removed after starting up, then it is dirty..
The air filter is either felt or nylon. The first resembles cotton wool or synthetic winterizer, and the second looks like a fine mesh of nylon threads stretched over a plastic case. Felt needs to be changed to a new one, but nylon can be simply washed in soapy water, dried and put back in place.
Well, then we calmly use the chainsaw.
Cleaning and adjusting the carburetor
If all of the above did not help, then, most likely, adjustment or cleaning of the carburetor is required. It is not recommended to do these procedures on your own, since most often such attempts still end with a trip to the service. So it’s better to go there right away and not disassemble anything on your own. But if you still want to dig deeper yourself, then it is best to watch a video that shows how experts do it:
I will end on this. Thanks for attention! Read more articles on this site! Until next time!
Stalls at idle speed
If the chainsaw does not start well and stalls at idle, then the first reason is a clogged muffler. The muffler should be dismantled and then wet cleaned. This is very important, as dust can enter the lungs during dry cleaning, which will lead to serious disruption of the functioning of the respiratory system..
The second reason that the chainsaw stalls at idle is an incorrect carburetor setting. To idle the chainsaw, tighten the screw called L on the carburetor. If the tool stalls at idle speed, the screw should be turned 0.5 turns clockwise. To accurately adjust the carburetor, it is recommended to use a tachometer, and the tuning technology is described in this article (link).
Stalls when you press the gas
If the engine stalls when gas is added, the following factors may be the reason for this:
- clogged or incorrect carburetor setting;
- contamination of the air filter, whereby the engine does not have enough air to set speed;
- clogging of the fuel filter, which contributes to the intake of an insufficient amount of the fuel mixture;
- malfunction of the cylinder-piston group. With an insufficient amount of oil in the fuel mixture, excessive friction of the piston against the cylinder walls occurs, which entails overheating and the formation of scoring.
In case of overheating with a lack of oil in the fuel mixture, the engine will need to be overhauled, which is one of the most unpleasant consequences. In order to properly adjust or clean the carburetor, you should give it to a specialist, as lack of experience with small parts can lead to damage to the mechanism. Do-it-yourself air and fuel filter check.
It is important to know! The fuel filter should be replaced every 3 months during daily use of the tool.
If the chainsaw does not allow you to develop speed when you press the gas, then it is advisable to try to replace the fuel mixture in the tank, especially if it has been in the tool for a long time.
Checking the main systems of the chainsaw
If the chainsaw stalled after pressing the accelerator, then there is a breakdown of some element. It is very difficult to determine immediately the cause of such a malfunction, since various factors can contribute to this. The search for the cause should begin with verification activities of the main systems of the instrument, starting from the smallest to the largest..
The first step is to check the presence of fuel in the tank. Craftsmen often get so carried away during sawing that they forget to add fuel to the tank. Even if there is a certain amount of fuel in the tank, and the chainsaw started up and immediately stalled, then the reason for this may be precisely the lack of mixture as a result of clogged fuel channels.
If everything is in order with the fuel, then the cause must be looked for in the spark plug. Unscrew it and inspect the contacts. If there are no signs of dampness and carbon deposits, then you need to check the size of the gap, which should be 0.5 mm, and then there is a spark. If the candle has not been replaced for a long time, then you need to change it, and then start the tool again.
It is also necessary to check the muffler, as clogging can impede the release of exhaust gases, which affects the functioning of the internal combustion engine. The muffler must be dismantled and wet cleaned from carbon deposits. If the above steps do not help fix the problem, then you will need to understand the situation in more detail, since the reason may be a malfunction of the carburetor or the need to adjust it..
Stalls when tilted
The reason that the chainsaw starts to stall when tilted is the lack of flow of the fuel mixture into the system. The fuel pipe is located directly at the bottom of the gas tank, so tilting the tool causes the pipe to simply sit over the fuel mixture. Actually, therefore, during the operation of the tool, it can suddenly stall.
Troubleshooting reasons and features
Why the chainsaw stalls after starting or during operation, you can find out only after performing a check. As a result of the check, you can not only find the reasons for the malfunctioning of the motor, but also possible breakdowns. To find the exact cause, you need to know in what cases the occurrence of a malfunction is observed. Let’s consider such cases, as well as find out the features of troubleshooting.
Stalls under load
If the chainsaw starts to stall under load, then the reason for this is, first of all, an incorrect carburetor setting. If this reason is eliminated, then in addition to problems with the carburetor, the reason for the inoperability of the tool under load may be damage and wear of the crankshaft oil seals or carburetor gaskets, through which air is sucked into the system.
It is important to know! It is better to diagnose such a malfunction in a service center, where the exact cause will be established..
It is recommended to start troubleshooting by checking the oil seals and gaskets, and only after that check the correctness of the carburetor setting. Another reason why the chainsaw starts up and immediately stalls under load may be the chafing of special hoses, through which the impulse is transmitted from the crankcase to the fuel pump. But such hoses are not installed on all models of chainsaws, but only mainly on professional ones. It is recommended that this hose be replaced to rectify the problem. How to do it correctly is discussed in the video:
Why does a chainsaw engine stall when you press the gas
Despite the high performance of chainsaws, sometimes there are times when the tool stops working normally. In particular, a common situation is the fact that the chainsaw starts to stall when you press the gas. For experienced owners of tools, this problem is known, but beginners who are faced with this for the first time will have to seek help from specialists. But do not rush, in the material you can find all the important causes of the malfunction, as well as try to eliminate them..
Stalls at high speeds
When the chainsaw starts to stall at high speeds, the following parts must be checked:
- air filter;
- fuel pump;
- fuel filter.
The air filter must be cleaned, for which it is enough to wash and dry it (paper filter – only change). You can check for a clogged fuel filter by disconnecting the fuel hose from the carburetor. If the trickle of gas from the hose is flowing well, then checking or replacing the fuel filter need not be performed. If the trickle is weak or there are no signs of fuel supply at all, then the filter should be replaced and the breather should be cleaned with a regular needle.
Checking the fuel pump is checked for characteristic signs of fuel seeping through it. If there are no signs of leakage, then everything is in order, then it remains to check the carburetor. Depending on the saw power, the maximum speed is set, which can be checked using an electronic tachometer.
As can be seen from the description, there are many reasons why the chainsaw starts and stalls. Most often, this occurs due to an incorrect carburetor setting, although on branded chainsaws, such as Stihl, Husquarna, adjusting the carburetor is a rare event if you fill in a high-quality fuel mixture. If malfunctions and malfunctions occur in the operation of the tool, it is recommended to diagnose and repair it, and continue using it only after eliminating the malfunction. It is not uncommon for small signs of malfunctioning to become serious problems for tool owners..
Driving on the “single”
Sometimes the saw stalls at idle speed, which is a common cause of breakage. muffler obstacle. It can be easily cleaned by yourself, it does not require a high professional.
Apart from cleaning, there is another option, but we are very careful with it so as not to damage the internal parts of the device..
To adjust the carburetor, you need to find two bolts with the letters L and H. The latter needs to be turned a little, only half a turn. He is responsible for the revolutions of the device and, if necessary, raises the idle speed..
The video discusses a fairly common malfunction of chainsaws and a 100% carburetor setting method. How is it done.
IT’S JUST A WILD SKLIOP. The video discusses a fairly common malfunction of chainsaws in the absence of fuel.
Off under load
Powerful chainsaws will often stagger from the load. Most likely, you have a clogged fuel filter and needs to be replaced. If this does not help, you need to check the quality of the fuel mixture and prepare a new one..
Chainsaw stalls under load
If your saw starts up well, works both at idle and when “gas” is added, but as soon as the load stalls, then the following steps should be taken:
- Check fuel filters
- Adjust the carburetor
- Check hoses, gaskets and seals for leaks
- Check clutch operation
Proper operation of the equipment is desirable, with repeated inspection of the component parts to prevent damage. To remove the problems, our client needs to check the remaining equipment components for their functioning.
If the chainsaw starts and stalls, the cause may have been eliminated by its employees. If it consists in a shortage or incorrectly prepared fuel consistency, you need to fix it. For the prevention of the downtime of the chainsaw in due time, you should always drain the remaining fuel.
Repeated spark plug testing should be performed. Here it is necessary to remove carbon deposits that clog the joint gap, also inspect the tips for the presence of fuel. Another prerequisite for problems with spark plugs and possibly wetting them with gasoline. For this purpose, they must be removed, wiped off with a rag and left to dry. Defective spark plugs are replaced.
If there is no spark between the spark plug and the high-voltage wire, but if they have a good connection, you need to replace the ignition unit.
A clogged muffler is a common prerequisite for a breakdown, when a chainsaw is engaged, it starts up and immediately stalls. To eliminate the malfunction, it is necessary to dismantle the muffler, clean it from carbon deposits using sandpaper or a special chemical solution. If the model of the chainsaw is non-separable, chemicals are poured into the system and there are hours, then it is blown.
The carburetor must be adjusted if the chainsaw stalls at idle speed. Fine tuning is a rather laborious process, therefore it is usually done in service centers. Alas, on some models, of course, there are elements for its option, it is enough to turn the bolt half a turn to increase the speed of the chainsaw, the problems will be eliminated. If the jets, nozzles, channels and filters are clogged, the entire carburetor must be disassembled and cleaned. When the oil seals, gaskets, cuffs are worn out, you need to replace them, preventing the “suction” of air.
In case of problems with a fuel or air filter, you need to change the fuel pump, as it is also called, clean the air filter.
If the breather is clogged, you need to clean it with an ordinary needle.
When the chainsaw starts up and immediately stalls, the reason may lie in the incorrect operation of the chain. To eliminate problems, the presence of oil in the chain lubrication tank is checked, in addition, the oil drain pipe for breaks or blockages.
When examining the piston group, it is necessary to find out on the cylinder, if necessary, replace it or the piston. The cylinder is bored to fit the size of the new piston. If the piston with the cylinder is normal, it is necessary to find out about the shortcomings of the piston rings and the need to change them..
Moreover, you should keep under control the service life of the parts indicated in the product passport, which include the drive sprocket, tire, chain, part of the anti-vibration that allows you to keep accounting (software), just right to create their change.
With a prolonged conventional tool, it is worth checking the condition of the fuel line. If the tube is cracked, you will have to replace it with the newest one..
Turns off under load
The video discusses a fairly frequent malfunction of chainsaws, not a 100% way of a carburetor option. How is it done.
Often, massive chainsaws stall under load. Most importantly, your fuel filter is clogged, it does not need to be replaced. If this does not help, then it is necessary to check the quality of the fuel consistency, do not prepare the newest.
Frequent question about chainsaw malfunctions and solutions
Why stalls at idle
The first and most common cause of this malfunction is improper carburetor adjustment. You can adjust the idle speed yourself, for this you need to have a Stihl adjusting screwdriver, which is supplied with the unit. The adjustment hole is located on the right side of the Stihl 180 saw on the handle and is marked with “-” and “”.
If the Stihl chainsaw does not keep the speed and stalls at idle speed, you can be almost 90% sure that it has irregularities in the fuel pump operation system, as a rule, it is air leaks into the crankcase through the oil pan gasket, or, much more often, through the oil seals crankshaft. Air leaks reduce or completely stop the impulse that is supplied through special channels to the fuel pump of the chainsaw. As a result, the Stihl 180 chainsaw does not receive the required amount of fuel and stalls at idle speed..
Diagnostics can be carried out using a special device called a vacuum gauge.
The second way to check the performance of the oil seals is to pour gasoline into the engine crankcase and look at them, if the oil seals pass gasoline, it means they cannot provide normal pressure in the crankcase, which will make idle work impossible. And when operating at high speeds, with leaking oil seals, there is a possibility of seizure of the crankshaft bearings.
The algorithm for checking the crankcase and Stihl 180 oil seals for leaks is as follows:
- The top cover is removed.
- Dismantle the air filter housing and carburetor.
- The handle of the chainsaw is removed.
- The starter spins and retracts.
- On the side opposite to the starter, the side cover and the drive sprocket are removed.
- A piston stopper is installed in the spark plug hole or a string from an old starter with knots imposed on it is stuffed into the cylinder.
- The flywheel and clutch are unscrewed, after which the parts are removed. It is worth knowing that the chainsaw clutch has a left-hand thread and unscrews clockwise.
- The gear wheel of the drive of the oil pump is removed.
Having disassembled the Stihl MS 180 chainsaw, you can see the oil seals, then you need to fill the crankcase with gasoline and check the leakage. It is possible to fill the crankcase through the fuel window in the cylinder; for this, the piston must be raised as high as possible. If leaks are found, it is necessary to replace the defective oil seals, or re-seal the pallet. You can collect Stihl 180 following the reverse sequence of the algorithm..
Where to look for the reason or where to start checking
All chainsaws have the same design and work according to the same principle. The chainsaw device can be found in this material. It does not matter which brand of tool – Stihl, Husqvarna, ECHO, Champion, Partner, Shturm and others. A malfunction that manifests itself in the form when the chainsaw stalls when you press the gas can occur equally both on expensive and high-quality tools and on budget Chinese devices. If a problem occurs, then it needs to be addressed.
A chainsaw is a system of mechanisms consisting of parts. Any part in the mechanism can fail, which will lead to partial or complete failure of the tool. If the engine of the tool starts, this does not mean that the chainsaw is completely operational. When the engine stops working when the engine speed rises, there are corresponding reasons for this. With this malfunction, attention should be paid initially to a number of the following tool mechanisms:
- Gas tank – make sure there is fuel. If there is sufficient fuel, you should also check the serviceability of the fuel filter, the presence of the connection of the supply hose to the carburetor, and also make sure that the breather is working
These are the main parts and mechanisms that should be checked first of all if a malfunction occurs when the chainsaw stalls when the accelerator is pressed. There are other reasons why a chainsaw engine stalls when the gas trigger is pulled. What else can contribute to the occurrence of this malfunction, as well as the features of eliminating breakdowns, we will find out further.
The chainsaw stalls at high speeds – simple carburetor repair
The carburetor of the instrument is exactly the mechanism that most owners are afraid to disassemble on their own. The reason is that this mechanism consists of many small parts, the location of which must be remembered when carrying out dismantling work. However, not everything is as scary and difficult as it might seem. To understand how the carburetor has to do with the problem of stopping the engine when the engine speed increases, you need to find out its principle of operation, described on the website.
The chainsaw stalls when you press the gas due to the carburetor, if:
- Diaphragm damaged
- Clogged filter element (mesh in the carburetor). This malfunction can be encountered by owners of tools who do not have a fuel filter or it is simply disconnected from the fuel hose.
- Needle sticking, which may be due to the use of an outdated fuel mixture
- Clogged nozzles or clogged carburetor
- Bending of the connecting part connecting the membrane with the needle to supply fuel to the fuel chamber of the carburetor. This part is also called a foot, since under the influence of the membrane on it, the needle moves and the channel opens. During operation, this foot can bend (work out) or break (the engine will not start if it breaks). If the foot is bent, then it can be unbent, but this does not guarantee that the problem will soon recur, therefore it is recommended to replace the part
It is recommended to clean and wash the chainsaw carburetor, as well as replace defective parts and elements. After that, you can put it back, not forgetting to also replace (if worn out) the gasket between the carburetor and the adapter.
When you press the gas, the chainsaw starts to stall – reasons and solutions to the problem
The chainsaw is a highly efficient tool for working with wood. However, the high-speed motor of this tool can be used for a variety of other tasks, which is achieved through special attachments. Sometimes a malfunction such as the chainsaw stalls when you press the gas, which can be triggered by some factors. In order not to have to disassemble the tool completely, we will consider all sorts of reasons for this problem with a detailed description of how to fix them..
Why else can a chainsaw stall when you press the gas
If, after adjusting the carburetor of the chainsaw, the problem remains, then a number of other factors should be checked. There are enough of such factors, and their verification must be carried out sequentially, moving from the easier to the more complex. It is in this order that we will consider all the reasons why the chainsaw does not develop high revs, and at the same time stalls. It should be noted that in this case, the tool starts up and works properly at idle speed..
- Check the chain tension – if the cutting element is tightened too much, this will put a heavy load on the engine. In this case, it will be difficult for a high-speed engine to turn the chain, as a result of which we get its termination of work. The problem can be corrected if the chain tension is correctly adjusted. The chain should rotate easily by hand, but keep in mind that at XX it should not move. If the chain moves at idle speed, then you need to adjust the upper screw XX
- The quality of the fuel mixture and the correctness of its preparation. It is recommended to use AI-92 gasoline for the chainsaw. It is mixed with two-stroke oil in appropriate proportions. Although the mixing ratio is indicated on the label of the container with oil, it is necessary to use the data indicated by the tool manufacturer. The optimal value for the mixture of gasoline and oil is 40/1, that is, 25 ml of oil must be added to 1 liter of gasoline. The proportion means that for 40 liters of gasoline, you need to add 1 liter of oil. If you do not adhere to the manufacturer’s recommendations, then in the end this negatively affects the operation of the carburetor and the serviceability of the CPG
- Silencer – very often sawfillers do not pay enough attention to the exhaust system of the tool. If the muffler is clogged, and this necessarily happens over time, this negatively affects the operation of the motor. Silencers on chainsaws are collapsible and non-collapsible. For non-separable devices, the connections are flared, so in case of clogging, you need to either replace the part, or flare for cleaning. A clogged muffler affects the operation of the tool, so do not wait until the chainsaw stops starting
- Air leaks – parts and mechanisms of the chainsaw are connected to the cylinder through gaskets. As a result, such connections are sealed, which is important for the operation of the internal combustion engine. Tightening the bolts and nuts that secure the carburetor and muffler will help to verify such a malfunction. Suction can also occur due to deterioration of the gaskets, which should be replaced on the tool.
- Fuel and air filters are elements responsible for filtering the air and the fuel mixture. If the air filter is clogged, increasing the throttle opening will not allow enough air to flow into the carburetor, causing the spark plug to flood. As a result, the engine will stall when trying to develop maximum speed. If the fuel filter is defective, the required amount of fuel does not enter the carburetor. Its lack leads to the fact that the tool cannot develop momentum, and immediately begins to stall
- The presence of a fuel filter. This element can not only become clogged, but also detach from the fuel hose. As a result, it turns out that dirt will enter the carburetor, which will very quickly disable the mechanism.
- A breather is a hole through which air enters the chainsaw tank, thereby eliminating the creation of a vacuum inside a sealed container. The breather is located on the lid of the gas tank or can be built into the wall of the tank. The principle of its operation is such that as the gasoline in the tank is consumed, the tank is filled with air. If the breather is defective, a vacuum is created in the tank, which prevents fuel from being pumped into the carburetor. The breather allows air to pass through in one direction, and eliminates the possibility of fuel leakage from the tank. You can repair the part using a thin needle, which punches a hole
- CPG malfunction – the chainsaw does not pick up speed also if the cylinder-piston group is worn out. To identify this cause, it is not at all necessary to disassemble the engine to look inside. A compressor should be used to check the amount of compression. The normal value should be at least 12 atmospheres, and if the value is lower, then the CPG must be replaced
- Ignition System – If the engine starts, it is unlikely that the problem is an electrical malfunction. However, it will not be superfluous to unscrew the spark plug and visually inspect it. The presence of black carbon indicates the need to check the ignition. The first step is to check the gap between the ignition module and the flywheel, the value of which should be 0.25 mm. The integrity of the armored wire is also checked, and if it is damaged, then it must be replaced along with the module. Spark plugs have an appropriate resource, so they need to be changed, pre-setting a gap of 0.5-0.7 mm (indicated in the technical description for each tool model)
Top Reasons Chainsaw Starts, Then Stalls — Chainsaw Troubleshooting
If checking all the reasons does not allow a positive result to be achieved, then the carburetor of the chainsaw should be removed and cleaned.
Adjusting the carburetor when the engine stalls when accelerating
If the check showed that the fuel supply system, muffler and spark plug are in good working order, then you need to look for a breakdown in other places. Initially, do not rush to disassemble the cylinder-piston group or change the carburetor. It is recommended to start repairs by adjusting the carburetor. For this, all chainsaws have special adjusting screws. They are designed to adjust the idle speed, as well as adjust the fuel supply at low and high speeds. A detailed description of how to adjust the carburetor of a chainsaw is described on the website.
Today we will consider the features of setting the carburetor at maximum speed. You can make sure that the chainsaw is not developing full power using a tachometer. If there is no device, then you can make sure that the engine does not develop maximum speed by ear. We are interested in the screw on the carburetor. Which is for setting high rpm. It is usually denoted by the Latin letter “H”, which is abbreviated from the word “High” (high or large).
To adjust the high speed of the chainsaw, you will need to perform the following manipulations:
- Tighten screw H clockwise until it stops.
- Next, you need to loosen it by 1.25-1.5 turns
- Run the tool and test the speed performance
It is recommended to adjust the tachometer, but if it is not there, then you can check the maximum speed when the tool is working under load..
After the trivial setting of the carburetor, you can fix the problem with the termination of the engine when the speed rises. It should be noted that it is necessary to adjust the carburetor of the chainsaw regularly, depending on the frequency of operation of the tool. It is not difficult to do this on your own, but you can achieve accurate tuning in one case – if you use a tachometer.
Why the chainsaw stalls when the accelerator is pressed – summing up
When making an upgrade for the reasons why the saw stalls after you press the gas, it is necessary to take stock of all sorts of reasons and their elimination. The reasons can be conditionally divided into two parts – simple and complex. You need to start troubleshooting with simple reasons, and end with more complex ones..
You definitely need to start the check from the tank, not from the carburetor, but from the gas tank. And make sure you are using a properly prepared mixture. Next, you need to check the serviceability of the muffler and the presence of carbon deposits on the spark plug. After that, you will already have an idea of in which part of the tool you need to look for a breakdown. Perhaps a breakdown is. That you just need to wind up the maximum speed, for which the carburetor is tuned. If this does not solve the problem, then you should check the air filter and clean it..
Pay special attention to the carburetor, after cleaning and possibly repairing which the chainsaw should work like new. If even after this the problem remains, then do not be too lazy to check the amount of compression. Perhaps the engine has a strong performance, and needs to be replaced.
This completes the upgrade to restore the tool’s performance, and it is worth noting one more point, such as the use of fuel that has been stored for a long time. Many people dilute gasoline with oil, and store the mixture for months, and sometimes for six months. This cannot be done in any way, since the mixture has the properties of aging, and therefore, after its preparation, it must be used within 1-2 weeks. If you do not follow this recommendation, then you will often need to change not only the fuel filters, but also clean the carburetor, but the worst thing is that this contributes to accelerated wear of the CPG.