How not to get confused if the lawn mower does not start A scythe does not start in the harvest. Troubleshooting and remedies. Do-it-yourself repairs and in specialized centers. Instrument operating rules.
How not to get confused if the lawn mower won’t start
The tool, despite its small dimensions, is a complex technical device. If you study the operating instructions, it turns out that the reasons why the lawn mower does not start are known and removable. It is necessary to consistently eliminate factors that make it difficult to start the tool. Usually start with more accessible nodes with an easy health check.
All the reasons why the lawn mower does not start can be classified according to the specifics of the operation of individual units. In the service center, faults are classified:
- Engine malfunction (piston wear, bearing malfunction, crankcase crack);
- A malfunction in the supply of the fuel mixture, clogged pores of the air filter or a malfunction of the carburetor;
- The ignition system does not work;
- Mechanical malfunction, leaking hoses, broken wires under the braid, ruptured tubes.
The user first needs to check if there is fuel in the tank. Start up in accordance with the instructions, with the saw on its side. Set the air damper to the closed position, pump up fuel, turn on the ignition and make 3-4 sharp jerks with the starter. If the engine is running, open the air damper. The lawn mower does not start, repeat the operation with the air damper slightly open.
If the launch fails, we start looking for the reason for the failure:
- Check fuel quality;
- Make sure that the candle is working and the candle channel is clean;
- Check the cleanliness of the air filter;
- Make sure the fuel filter is not clogged;
- Check the cleanliness of the breather;
- Clean the outlet.
complex reasons will be found during the diagnosis of malfunctions leading to overhaul of the carburetor. Such reasons include clogging of the internal channels of the carburetor, wear of the gasket on it and a violation of the tightness of the internal halls with a loss of vacuum. Do-it-yourself lawn mowers repair, if it won’t start, will take patience.
Adjustment and tuning of the carburetor
Maximum and minimum engine speed, smooth idle speed are controlled by the carburetor. The stable operation of the lawn mower depends on the amount of the supplied combustible mixture and air, their ratio. The lawn mower will not start if the carburetor adjustment is not correct. The procedure for adjusting the device for supplying fuel at low speed (L), high speed (H) and idle (T) is regulated by the screws of the same name:
- The chainsaw should work for at least 10 minutes, since the adjustment is carried out hot.
- Screw H is turned smoothly to maximum speed, then turned by ¼, counterclockwise, reducing the speed of rotation of the engine shaft.
- Idling is adjusted with screw T, so that the scythe does not rotate.
- The screw L is adjusted, at first opening the throttle to the maximum, and then smoothly reducing the speed to stable minimum.
After adjustment, a serviceable carburetor with cleaned filters and a checked ignition should ensure the engine is running. In the event of a carburetor malfunction, after repairing it, you will need to adjust the feed system again before starting the lawn mower.
Rare breakdowns that prevent lawn mowers from working can be:
- Rewind spring failure;
- Broken or stuck starter pulley;
- Faulty starter assembly.
The most important malfunction, the elimination of which is associated with replacing the engine, may be the failure of the engine piston group. The cost of repairs will cost about 70% of the cost of the product. Understanding the reasons why the lawn mower won’t start will help:
The lawn mower will not start on a cold
When starting a cold engine, it is not recommended to press the gas. Tilting the mower so that the air filter is on top, press the fuel suction button 5-6 times, set the function switch lever to the start position, pull the starter cord several times until the engine starts. After a few seconds of running the motor, turn off the starting system.
The lawn mower starts and stalls. What to do?
1. There is a spark, and everything seems to be normal, but the mower will not start, in such cases you should check the air inlet valve to the fuel tank. A clogged valve leads to the creation of a vacuum in the tank, in which the carburetor does not receive enough gasoline, so the lawn mower will start, but then stall. To exclude this reason, you need to clean the valve and try to start the lawn mower with the tank cap not completely twisted.
2. If this does not start the mower, remove and clean the fuel filter and check all carburetor parts, then try starting. The lawn mower will not start again, the air filter is disconnected, try to start without it, if the mower starts up, the reason is in the air filter, replace it.
The lawn mower will not start, or will start but stalls. What is the reason?
To understand this, you need to know the principle of operation of the unit as a whole. It also happens that, just bought, a new saw does not start, and it starts running around the service centers, in such cases it is recommended:
Carefully read the instruction manual;
to study in detail the method of first starting and running in lawn mowers;
try to understand how the product works;
how gasoline is pumped up and so on.
Causes of malfunctioning lawn mowers:
The quality of gasoline is poor;
incorrect proportion of gasoline and oil;
clogging of the fine filter;
the spark was gone.
The Chinese lawn mower won’t start. It’s interesting.
When I disconnect the power take-off shaft, I start everything works fine! I reconnect it, it barely starts and stalls, or maybe it won’t start at all! Spare parts for Chinese lawn mowers The Chinese lawn mower will not start. It is interesting.
Fills a candle on a lawn mower
The main thing when installing a spark plug, first you need to turn the spark plug by hand for a few turns, and then take the key. If the candle went easily by hand, then it is installed correctly and can be turned with a tool (a candle wrench with a wrench). If the candle does not want to twist by hand, it is not worth tightening it with a wrench, since the candle has not gone along the thread and damage to the thread in the spark plug hole of the cylinder is inevitable and expensive repair of the trimmer engine will be needed. Similar my first channel:
Chinese lawn mower won’t start
Due to carbon deposits on the spark plug electrodes: there are interruptions in the operation of the engine (the trimmer engine is troit), a drop in power occurs, and the engine may not start well. Assistance to the project. Money is planned to be spent on the purchase of a high-quality camera Privat: 4149439390776312.
gas trimmer. Wet candle. The engine is flooded.
Carbon deposits on the spark plug electrodes are formed due to improper adjustment of the trimmer carburetor, if there is a lot of oil in the gasoline and when the air filter on the trimmer is dirty. How can you drown your engine on a lawn mower if you are not careful? Just one awkward movement.
The lawn mower did not start.
A cold trimmer engine with a closed carburetor air damper starts up almost normally, runs at high idle speeds, an unstable operation is observed when the engine heats up, after which the trimmer engine suddenly stalls. The lawn mower did not start.
Why won’t the lawnmower / chainsaw start after long storage?
If the candle does not turn, then everything is fine, but during subsequent turning of the candle, you need to be especially careful. If the spark plug is turned over, you will have to install a shoe (repair sleeve). To do this, it is better to contact a repair shop for chainsaws and gasoline trimmers. Assistance to the project. Money is planned to be spent on the purchase of a high-quality camera Privat: 4149439390776312.
We carry out diagnostics of a candle and a candle channel
If the quality of the fuel mixture is not in doubt, and the lawn mower stalls when started, then a flooded candle may be the cause. Here, for repairs, an ordinary spark plug wrench (probably every motorist has) and a spare candle are suitable.
- We unscrew the candle and wipe it;
- Dry it thoroughly (do not ignite);
- We drain the excess fuel in the chamber through the spark plug hole and dry it;
- We clean the old candle from carbon deposits using a file or a lady’s file;
- We expose a gap with a distance of 1 mm (you can check with any coin);
- We put everything back in place and try to start the trimmer.
If the candle is working, the socket where it is located is completely dry, and the lawn mower does not want to start, lubricate the threaded connection with gasoline. It should be slightly damp. No matter how wonderful a spark the candle may give out, there is simply nothing to ignite in a dry chamber.
If the trimmer motor still does not start, you should exclude such a reason as the absence of a spark due to poor contact between the spark plugs and the high-voltage wire. If the connection is good and there is still no spark, most likely your ignition unit has flown. Here it will not be possible to do without a master, since the part is not repaired, but sold as a single unit.
Breather and exhaust port
Often, delicate branded lawn mowers will not start and stall due to a dirty breather. The main function of this element is to equalize the pressure in the gas tank. When this unit becomes clogged, a vacuum is created in the tank, which prevents the supply of fuel. You can eliminate the malfunction by cleaning the breather. You can use a regular needle for cleaning.
Normal operation of streamers with internal combustion engines can be disrupted due to dirt entering the exhaust channel or a clogged silencer mesh. There is such a problem on older generation models. The issue can be resolved by traditional cleaning and removal of the anti-spark grid.
Why the lawn mower won’t start troubleshooting
Caring for a personal plot, summer residents periodically encounter the fact that the lawn mower does not start. There are many reasons for tool failure. For the correct diagnosis of the problem, the owner of a useful unit in the country needs to know the device and the principle of operation of its individual parts.
- How to start diagnosing lawn mowers
- Checking the fuel mixture
- We carry out diagnostics of a candle and a candle channel
- Lawn mowers filter diagnostics
- Breather and exhaust port
- complex reasons for lawn mowers failure
- Rules for the operation and storage of lawn mowers