Selection of tools and materials
At the beginning of work, you need to make sure that all the necessary raw materials are always at hand, as well as a set of tools that would be useful throughout all actions. To create a table, you need the following materials:
- plywood about 2-3 centimeters thick or an identical piece of chipboard;
- wooden bars measuring 40×40 millimeters;
- metal building corners. 12-15 pieces;
- self-tapping screws of different lengths and bolts of different classifications;
- glue used in carpentry;
- means for treating the product against moisture and rust;
- external socket;
This set of materials is required for a standard construction of ordinary dimensions with an area of just over one square meter. Almost any hand-held circular saw can work on such a table, except for tools with small discs, since the cutting depth sags during attachment to the tabletop, on average by 1-2 centimeters.
The following tools will come in handy for your work:
- marker or thick pencil;
- tape measure, metal ruler, angle;
- Before using the electric saw on the table, you should check the saw blade itself using a square, since some unscrupulous manufacturers do not install the blade exactly at an angle of 90 degrees, as a result, the cuts turn out to be beveled.
- If during work you plan to use the table also for storing tools on it, then the dimensions of the tabletop should be more than a square meter in area.
- For manufacturing, it is better to use high-quality and durable materials, otherwise the table will not last long.
- The table can be supplemented with anything you like, for example, some manage to attach a special vacuum cleaner or a riving knife with a disc protection to it, so that chips and residues from cutting wood do not fly around.
- Choose a place for the table in advance, and also make sure that the floor where the table will be installed is level.
- If you have the desire and certain skills, you can make a folding tabletop or lifting table, but this will take more time and materials.
- If the table shakes or vibrates during operation, adjust the feet with suitable pieces of rubber.
Since a circular saw is an electrical device, it is better to work with it by a specialist who understands electricity. It is also better to entrust the transfer of the switch to another place to a specialist.
How to make a table for a circular saw with your own hands?
- Selection of tools and materials
- Manufacturing process
- Installing a circular saw in a homemade table
- Safety engineering
The circular saw is an excellent manoeuvrable tool with high productivity. However, like all tools, the saw has some disadvantages. For example, you may have trouble cutting large pieces of wood. In such a situation, a special table made by hand will help you. This design will allow you to easily and quickly cut large parts without unnecessary problems.
Installing a circular saw in a homemade table
After making the main body, the electric saw is installed in a homemade table.
- At the stages of manufacturing the table structure, all the necessary holes were cut in the tabletop.
- When installing a stationary saw, it is necessary to ideally adjust the inclination of the tool, otherwise the sawing of wooden parts will be of poor quality. The first step is to install the tool on the finished tabletop in all grooves and determine whether you need to change the slope. If the angle does not correspond to the desired one, then you will have to adjust it using special bolts, this is the easiest option. Or you can cut out special blocks that will be attached to the tabletop, and already on top of them, at the right angle, an electric saw will be attached.
- If the tool is in place correctly, all the holes converge, you need to position and fasten the sole to the table with bolts and tighten them from the inside using nuts with lock washers.
- After the hand-held circular saw is installed, you need to take a block slightly larger than those with which the tilt angle was adjusted, and fix it on the tabletop in the place where the saw platform was marked.
This block is needed so that after dismantling the circular saw from the table, you can build it in exactly the same place without using any additional markings.
It is quite simple to create with your own hands a multifunctional design for an electric circular saw, however, it is necessary that the manufacturing process goes strictly according to certain stages. Strict adherence to the advice is necessary so that there are no problems or difficulties.
- First of all, each master must create a drawing and a plan for the future product. According to the drawings, the work is much easier to perform, the risks of making something wrong or of poor quality are reduced. At the planning stage, you need to take into account the dimensions of the future structure as clearly as possible.
- After creating a plan and a rough sketch of the product, as well as preparing all the necessary materials and a set of tools, we begin to manufacture the table body. We align all the edges of the bar with a plane. Then, from sheet material and aligned bars, we assemble the base, the dimensions of which were determined at the planning stage. The working surface area is usually about 1-1.5 square meters. All parts are attached to each other with bolts and screws. At the end of the work, we get a box without the top and bottom parts.
- Next comes the manufacture of a tabletop for a sawing machine, it is cut out of plywood or chipboard sheet based on the size of the frame. The table top should be the same area or slightly larger. The main thing is that it does not outweigh the body to one side. If the table top is made of non-laminated material, then it should be sanded and trimmed. Further, using a ruler and a pencil on the table top, the marking of the attachment points of the electric saw to it, as well as the upper part of the table to the main body is performed.
- The next step is to cut the hole for the saw itself. For this, measurements are taken of the support shoe of the sawing machine, which will later be used on this structure. On the reverse side of the tabletop, the corresponding markings are made, which will accurately determine the attachment point and the area along which it is necessary to cut the circular disc. For accurate marking, it is better to draw axes that connect exactly in the center of the plywood sheet. After determining the axes and making accurate markings, you need to cut a hole for the disc, as well as drill holes for attaching the saw shoe.
- The circular saw is attached to the plywood tabletop from the back (inside). To do this, you need to make 4 holes in the shoe of the saw itself, their diameter should be about 1 centimeter. Then you should completely align the saw and match all the markings so that the tool is level, all the marks and holes correspond to each other, the disc fits freely into the central hole of the tabletop. In order for the saw to be securely attached to the table, it is necessary to use special countersunk head plowshares, the head of such bolts must be deeply immersed in the sole of the tool and not stick out.
- Then the saw is set aside and the assembly of the table continues. In order for the structure to be stable. special attention should be paid to her legs. The legs that diverge downward will provide the best stability of the structure. They are fixed with large bolts and nuts.
The length of the legs is determined individually, in accordance with the height of the person who will work at the table. Ideally, the tabletop, and, accordingly, the saw itself should be located just above the master’s belt.
- The next step is to attach the tabletop to the cabinet. At a distance of about 3 centimeters from the edge, you need to make holes in the corners of the plywood, then holes are drilled in the corner bars for further fastening the bolts in them. Next, the parts are connected using steel fittings M8.
- After the structure is assembled, it is necessary to fix a special switch on the table, which will regulate the turning on and off of the saw with an electric motor. To do this, cut a hole in the housing for the switch and fix it with bolts, special glue or a construction screed. The switch must supply electrical power to the saw itself, which means it must be connected to any electrical source in your workshop using a cable. It attaches from the side of the bottom of the countertop using construction fasteners.
- Then you can make special stops. First, a cross beam is made, it greatly simplifies the work with the structure. It is carried out mainly from plywood or chipboard. First you need to cut out 2 strips equal in length to the width of the table, the second side should be about 100 millimeters, the corners of the strips must be rounded.
- Then the workpieces are ground and fastened with self-tapping screws at a slight angle, a metal corner is screwed inside. After that, the strips are attached to the table on movable furniture rails, which will allow these stops to move along the entire table.
- If you wish, you can make various additions to this design, it all depends on your skills. Some craftsmen remove the safety guard and all the devices for adjusting the inclination of the blade, this allows you to get an additional few millimeters of cut. Some replace the factory platform with a turntable of their own manufacture, with a professional approach this also gives a number of advantages in work.
- The construction is completed with the stage of processing and preparation for operation. The entire table should once again be sanded, wiped and varnished or with special agents that ensure durability of use and repell moisture and rust.
- it is preferable to carry out work with wood, metal and chemicals outdoors or in a well-ventilated area;
- the workplace must be kept clean and tidy;
- periodically it is necessary to check the stability of the structure, as well as the serviceability of equipment and electrical appliances;
- before turning on the saw, you need to make sure that it is well fixed;
- when working, you need to use special glasses and gloves;
- you need to keep a first aid kit at hand.
Making a table for a circular saw is not that difficult, but it does require some skill in joinery. Having at hand the necessary tools and materials and clearly following the step-by-step instructions, you can make a table of the required dimensions, as well as equip it with all the necessary additions.
Which table saw is better?
The part of the disk that rises above the table is covered with a casing, the lower one is placed in a closed compartment that directs the waste to the vacuum cleaner nozzle. In inexpensive models, there is no function to adjust the height of the cutting tool. To tilt the disc, 2 locks are released on the sides of the platform, then the angle is set on the graduation scale and clamped again.
Based on the scope of use, table circular saws are conventionally divided into three types:
The former are characterized by small dimensions and weight. They are mainly equipped with a low-power motor up to 1200 W and have a small table. These saws are easy to use and do not have many additional functions. Low cost and comfortable use makes them relevant for household chores.
Construction circular saws combine the characteristics of industrial and household models. They are powerful enough to tackle complex construction challenges. Can work for a long time with high accuracy.
Industrial models are the most productive wood sawing equipment. They weigh more than construction counterparts, so they are installed permanently. They are distinguished by reference accuracy, a wide range of saw headsets, and high productivity. The industrial circulation machine has the highest price, therefore, such equipment is used exclusively in enterprises.
Best Circular Saws
Table circulating saws vary widely in their characteristics. Before determining which one will be better for specific conditions, you need to outline the range of work that this tool will perform.
The tool of the Japanese company RYOBI stands out for its excellent characteristics and affordable price:
- power. 1.8 kW;
- cutting tool diameter. 8 cm;
- work table. 56×59 cm;
- maximum cut. 8 cm;
- slope. 45⁰;
- noise level.108 dB.
The motor is protected against overheating. The best option for household needs.
It is a domestic brand with powerful characteristics:
- motor. 2000 W;
- disc diameter. 21 cm;
- spindle speed. 5500 rpm;
- cutting depth. 7.5 cm.
The design is lightweight, has a dust extraction, but has a high noise level.
The saw works with wood blanks, even large-sized ones by increasing the table length up to 97 cm. Differs in:
- power. 1600 W;
- disc diameter. 25 cm;
- cutting depth under 90⁰. 6.3 cm;
- table dimensions. 640 x 470 mm;
- weight. 25 kg.
Equipped with a dust extraction system with the ability to connect a vacuum cleaner.
In the TOP of the most popular relatively inexpensive models, the Makita 2704 table circular saw is included. With its help, they perform an accurate clean cut. Works with a wooden beam with a cross-section of up to 10×20 cm. It has the following characteristics:
- power. 1650 W;
- disc diameter. 25 cm;
- number of speeds. 1;
- maximum cutting depth. 9.1 cm at an angle of 90⁰ and 6.3 cm at an angle of 45⁰;
- weight. 34.9 kg.
As a disadvantage, the lack of speed control can be noted.
Proton PDS-200 / K
This table saw has a high level of stability, which improves the quality of work. The equipment is equipped with efficient air cooling, so it can work continuously for a long time.
- power. 1.1 kW;
- disc diameter. 20 cm;
- cutting depth. maximum 40 mm;
- table dimensions. 50×33.5 cm.
The design provides for the connection of a chip suction.
When choosing a saw, it should be understood that a tool with a power of up to 1200 W meets the needs of the amateur workshop. Higher power is already equipment for professionals.
The circular saw attachment is especially useful when quality cross cuts are needed.
Such a device can be made independently using the proposed technology:
- The base is being assembled. Two parallel strips of 2.5 x 5 cm are glued to the upper area of plywood with parameters 1.8 x 30 x 122 cm.They are attracted by screws.
- Angles are attached to them (their material is aluminum). Fastening method. countersunk head screws. The angle of the fastener is 90 degrees. Fastening takes place in parallel at a distance identical to the width of the saw base.
- Tool adjusts to cut the planks to a shallow depth at the base.
- The device is fixed with clamps. A workpiece is placed under the corners. Cut is made.
If the saw does not go well, this area can be smeared with paraffin, but with a thin layer.
A circular saw. Concept
A circular saw is a special electric tool that allows you to quickly and evenly cut wood, plywood, laminate and various boards.
There are household and professional models. The former can function with pauses. Their engine needs 15-20 minute breaks. They cannot withstand significant stress.
The latter have more powerful engines. They can work intensively for a very long time. Therefore, they are usually used in production.
For use in a personal household, household modifications are used. And keeping professional versions is unprofitable.
The level of work and their types are determined by the bed of this tool.
Switching on and off
The assembly of the main attachment for the circular saw is almost complete. It remains to adjust the launch and shutdown of the tool. The simplest solution is as follows. the start button is pulled together with a wire, and the saw is turned off with a power cord.
complex method. this key must be bridged. And the control buttons are displayed on the outer plane of the front stiffener.
The tenon attachment for the circular saw increases the efficiency and accuracy of the tenon and groove production. They are involved in the assembly of various joinery products: furniture, doors, frames, frames, etc.
Thanks to this device:
- Workpieces are positioned without distortion.
- Operations are repeated meticulously.
- The final result is of high quality.
Such a device can be purchased or made by your own efforts. Experts recommend the first option. This is a complete guarantee of achieving excellent results.
Models often bought: Felisatti FTJ and Festool VS 600 GE.
This is a reliable and proven technique.
Materials and tools
For the table, buy bakelite plywood with a minimum density of 5 cm.
In addition to it, you will need:
- Board 5 x 10 cm.
- Bars 5 x 5 cm.
- A set of self-tapping screws.
- Adhesives and varnishes.
- Manual circular.
- Electric jigsaw.
- Manual router.
Creating the legs
The assembly of a complete circular saw attachment is not limited to the specified stages.
For the legs you need a board 5 x 10 cm.Their height is 1-1.2 m.
The board is cut along the longitudinal vector. At the same time, an insignificant angle is observed on one side.
The legs are fitted to the table top. During installation, they should be a little at a distance.
They are attached outside the stiffeners. The fastening method is bolted. To increase their stability, you will need screeds. They need a block of 5 x 5 cm.
The hand saw is placed in the previously created groove from the lower zone of the table top. The sole is fixed with bolts. The disc is placed in the slot.
The table is covered with 3-4 layers of varnish. It is a measure against moisture.
Circular saw attachments: description, device, principle of operation, photo
When you have your own home or summer cottage, then a static circular saw will be an excellent assistant for you. With its help, you can quickly and efficiently carry out complex work on cutting various products. Such a tool can be purchased if the budget allows. Or you can create it yourself. It is also important to have the necessary devices for it.
About the elements of the bed
Circular saw attachments are different. The main one is the bed. If the saw power is insignificant (no more than 1.2 kW), it is easy to build such a bed yourself. Its length is influenced by the length of the material being cut.
The electric drill “Bosch”, its parameter, will fit for the drive. 0.85 kW. It is mounted under the slab with a special bracket.
Precision and evenness of the cut is best when the workpiece rests entirely on the table surface. And if the table is too large, it will fill the entire working area. The average is needed here. The height is adjusted according to your height, so that it is more convenient to work.
- plywood sheet (thickness 20 mm and more);
- boards 50 by 100 mm;
- bars 50 by 50 mm;
- several self-tapping screws;
- wood glue;
- one type of wood varnish.
A workpiece with a hole is cut from a plywood sheet with a jigsaw. a tabletop in which the saw will be placed. When marking the holes, they are guided by the dimensions of the saw sole. Stiffening ribs are made of the boards, which will be attached to the tabletop with self-tapping screws. In the process of fastening, the boards are pulled together with clamps. A start button is later installed on the front stiffener. For the manufacture of legs, boards about a meter long are used. They are bolted to the outside of the stiffeners.
DIY circular saw table
How to make a table for a circular from chipboard? To make such a table for a circular, you need:
- a sheet of laminated plywood with a thickness of 9–11 mm (800×800 mm);
- 4 sheets of laminated chipboard 16 mm thick (400×784 mm);
- several bars 40×40 mm;
- several bolts and screws;
- aluminum cornice.
Any hand-held circular saw with a large blade can be mounted on such a table. Drawings of this type of circular table can be easily found on the Internet.
Such a saw is made in several stages:
- A drawer of the future table is made from laminated chipboard sheets. It does not have a bottom, and the walls are held together using bars, which, in turn, must be fixed with bolts and screws.
- A cover is made of plywood with a hole into which you will need to insert a saw. The marking for the hole is carried out along the support shoe and the lower protective casing of the circular saw. The hole is cut with a jigsaw.
- The saw is fastened to the plywood with ploughshare screws with a countersunk cone head. The plywood cover is fastened to the chipboard body with a steel case of 18 mm.
- Wiring is laid along the side of the tabletop and a start button is installed.
Circular saw guides are made of timber or aluminum curtain rod.
DIY circular saw table
A circular saw is used to cut wood along the solid wood. Its cutting base is a disc-shaped plane with a serrated outer edge. Such saws are not only hand-held, but fixed on the table. How to make a universal circular table so that this cutting tool can be installed on it? Below are several ways to make a do-it-yourself circular saw table.
Examples of finished tables for circular saws
It is not always advisable to make a table for a circular with your own hands. It can be too bulky and awkward, and it is difficult to adapt it for high-precision cutting of wood. Therefore, if you are not sorry to spend a certain amount of financial resources, it is better to purchase factory-made tables. They are made of durable and easy-to-use materials, are safe when switched on, and also have a factory warranty in the event of a breakdown.
The Jet JBTS-10 circular saw has a retractable table on each side, increasing the area suitable for work. Thanks to the belt wire, the sawing is quiet, and the service life of the electric motor is also increased. The presence of an eccentric clamp eliminates the displacement of the machine during operation, which makes it convenient to use in any conditions.
When using the table saw Caliber EPN-1100, it is possible to saw wood materials in the longitudinal and transverse directions, as well as at different angles. The tilt level of the saw can be selected and fixed.
In the sawing machine Enkor Corvette-10M 90101, side and parallel stops are used, which greatly facilitates the work. The saw blade can be tilted up to forty-five degrees when cutting. An industrial vacuum cleaner can be connected to the machine to remove wood dust. At the same time, the device is characterized by lightness and small dimensions.
Using the stationary circular saw Einhell TC (TH).TS 820 allows you to work with sawn timber in a mass production environment. It is a suitable tool for processing not only wood, but also fiberboard blanks. The design of this model provides a hole into which devices that produce wet and dry cleaning of the machine are connected. At the same time, the equipment is so compact that it can be installed on any workbench.
Circular saw table
A circular saw. good thing. In any workshop, I think, the thing is irreplaceable, you can drive out any rail, block.
You put a cocktail of a non-edged board, drive one edge, then the other, and you get an edged, beautiful board. Well, still walk with a plane, so that it is generally smooth.
A conventional, purchased, circular saw is not very convenient if you set it with the blade towards the top. Previously, I had a circular installed on such a device, fasteners are visible in the photo, well, this is not from her, now I’m fixing the plane.
At the circular saw itself, the tabletop is small and when you run the boards longer, the board walks a little along the small tabletop and the edges are not quite even, wavy.
Now I have made such a table, it has become much more convenient and smoother.
Take a regular circular saw. one.
Then, with a grinder, he carefully sawed off a narrow piece of the tabletop, it will interfere in the future, the rail along which the width of the board should be set, not to move close to the disk.
I made such a frame from the rails cut out on the same circular. 3.4.
After that, I screwed the circular to the board inside the frame with special clamps. five.
Sawed seven-layer plywood with dimensions of 50 by 80 cm. and sawed through it with a jigsaw such stripes One longitudinal, for
disc and two transverse ones, they will insert the bolts-clips for the guide rail.
Table Saw vs Circular Saw: Which is Best and Which Should You Buy First
I installed a sheet of plywood on a circular and screwed it to the frame itself with self-tapping screws. 7.
In order for the plywood to be firmly screwed to the table top of the circular, I cut out two such sticks, shown on and from the bottom of them pressed the circular to the plywood, screwing them with self-tapping screws.
I made a guide rail from a corner that used to serve as runners on children’s sleds. I welded two bolts onto an iron strip. 9.
I pushed the bolts into the transverse holes, put a corner on them and screwed them with nuts. ten.
Well, we have the circular machine ready. You can start working on it. 11. 12.
Happy holiday, guys! 02/23/12.
TOP 10 circular saws
A circular saw, or, more simply, a circular saw, is an absolutely indispensable device when working with wood, at a construction site or during repairs. She saws, she cuts, she cuts.
Circular machines are mandatory in every woodworking workshop, furniture or carpentry workshop. With their help, craftsmen “cut out” a rough workpiece. this is the most unpretentious purpose of a circular machine. A good quality unit is capable of not only such a primitive function. He should transform your workshop into a mini-mill for the production of furniture, windows, doors, flooring and other wood products.
How Safe is a Sawstop Saw? – Never Before Seen 19,000 FPS HD Slow-Mo Video
- Be productive and tough. Work for a long time, without interruptions, breakdowns and defects;
- Meet the standards of safety and comfort at work;
- Ensure rig stability and sawing accuracy.
Buyers also highly appreciate the unit, which has been tested in practice, and its quality is fully consistent with the price. The TOP-10 of the best circular machines included only such models. In addition, they have a reliable and stable manufacturer, so you shouldn’t worry about service and post-warranty repairs.
Circular machine Scheppach (Workzone) HS 100 WZ
The German company Shepach produces inexpensive circular saws with excellent power and the ability to run smoothly. Scheppach HS 100 WZ. the best circular for the house, used for sawing wood and plastic. The machine performs rip and cross cuts, angle cuts. It works accurately and efficiently, so it is actively used in carpentry and furniture workshops. It is easy to operate, compact, weighs only 24 kg. Equipment class. semi-professional. The manufacturer has installed a sufficiently powerful electric drive. It is single-phase, power 2 kW. The cut is made with a disc equipped with 48 teeth. And also comes with another 65 teeth disc for a clean cut. The cutting blade is protected by a guard, which increases safety during work. The cutting head tilts at an angle of 45 degrees, right and left, which expands the capabilities of the machine. With a straight cut, the depth reaches 73 mm, with a cut at an angle of 45 degrees. 53 mm, depth adjustable. The cutting line is illuminated with a laser. The dimensions of the working table are 640×430 mm. The table is durable, metal, equipped with three extensions. on both sides and back, which increases its area. Dust and shavings are collected in a cloth bag. Installation on a four-legged stand for a stable, level surface.
- The electric motor can withstand long-term operation, since forced air cooling is involved;
- The set includes a stool-type stand on metal legs, which allows you to install the machine directly on the floor;
- Laser pointer accurately marks the cut line;
- The saw head has the ability to tilt, the depth is adjustable;
- The adjustable stop ensures the accuracy and quality of sawing;
- Robust thick metal work table with reamers on three sides for machining large workpieces.
The circular device depends on its type. In total, there are 2 basic designs of circulars:
Handheld devices consist of a housing with two handles, which houses an electric motor. A toothed saw blade is attached to the motor shaft. The part of the disc protruding from the body is covered by a casing. During sawing, the guard is pushed back by the workpiece. When the cut is complete, the guard is returned back by a spring.
The stationary saw has a table instead of a compact body. Mount the motor underneath so that part of the saw blade exits through the slot in the table top. In this case, the disk itself can be located both on the motor shaft, and be connected to it through a belt drive.
Conventionally, all circulars can be divided into 3 groups:
- Light. up to 40 mm.
- Medium. up to 65 mm.
- Heavy. typically up to 140 mm.
The circular saw with a cutting depth of up to 40 mm is especially suitable for cutting sheet materials. Also, theoretically, it can handle boards up to 40 mm, but since it is equipped with a weak motor, it cuts them slowly.
The tool of the middle class is the most versatile. It is suitable for those who are going to use it when building a house, making beehives, outdoor furniture, installing a wooden fence, etc. Circulars giving a cutting depth of more than 65 mm are professional tools for working with beams, logs, rounded beams, carriages and other building materials made of wood.
As for the angle of inclination of the disc, it can be changed arbitrarily in any indicator or in fixed steps of 90 °, 45 °, 30 °. It should be borne in mind that the cutting depth depends on the configured disc angle. It is maximum at an angle of 90 °. In most cases, changing the disc tilt is not required at all.
Features of the manual circular
The hand-held circular saw is a mobile tool. It is lightweight, therefore it is used on construction sites where it is necessary to make precise sawing.
Power is one of the defining criteria when choosing a tool. However, when using a new sharpened saw blade, even with a low-power motor, it will be able to cut better than a powerful tool with worn out accessories. Thus, the lack of torque can be compensated for by consumables. You need to decide in advance. to overpay for a powerful circular once, or later to sharpen discs more often.
The circular saw with a motor up to 800 W can be used to cut plywood, thin slats and boards. Tools with 800-1200 W motors are the most versatile. It can easily cut almost any kind of lumber, but does it slowly when cutting thick workpieces. When choosing a tabletop circular, it is better to stay on a motor of 2 kW or more. In this case, it will have a power reserve for any type of work. At the same time, its weight does not matter, since the table is always in the workshop.
Technical Parameters of Circulars
Various saw devices, even with a similar structural structure, still differ in a number of technical features. Each parameter is important because it directly affects the ability to perform certain tasks.
With its help you can:
- Shorten lumber.
- Make cutting of large-format sheet material.
- Choose a quarter.
The mobile circular saw takes up little space and is cheaper. Due to the presence of the parallel stop, it can be used to unfold long sawn timber lengthwise. In this case, it is possible to obtain a beveled cut. In general, such a tool can handle much larger workpieces than can be processed on a circular table. The mobile saw can be lifted onto the roof to cut rafters or joists into place.
By applying the cutting depth setting, you can cut a quarter or a long groove. However, the performance of such work is limited by the capabilities of the side stop. Despite many limitations in terms of accuracy and functionality, mobile circular saws are the best selling. The possibility of modernization speaks in their favor. In particular, they can be installed on a homemade table, thereby turning them into a full-fledged stationary machine. Having modified the circular in this way, you can use it for more accurate sawing, making a thorn-groove connection, chamfering on workpieces.
How a circular saw works