How to choose a drill for concrete for a hammer drill or drill: diamond, with a victorious tip How to choose a drill for concrete for a hammer drill or drill: what does a diamond drill look like with a victorious tip than drilling is better.
Drills from victorious
Win as an alloy was developed in 1929, the main composition is cobalt and tungsten, where 10% cobalt and 90% tungsten. They effectively cope with bricks, cinder blocks, concrete. It is possible to crush and cut concrete with a drill, it can withstand the load quite well during impacts, while deformation of its cutting edges is not observed. Steel products are subject to deformation and do not work as efficiently.
One of the advantages of the work is that there is no need to apply excessive force on the drill from Pobedit.
Drilling with a drill
For small work, especially in an apartment with thin walls, you can make a hole with a drill designed for drills for working with concrete. It can be either a win or a diamond piece. A drill with a cylindrical shank is used for an impact drill. When working, it is recommended to select a medium speed. Which concrete drills are best for a drill depends on the type of drill.
How can you drill concrete
To choose how to drill a concrete wall, you need to follow the rules:
- Choose a tool with the ability to change the process speed, thanks to which the drill will work accurately, without damaging the surface.
- Pay attention to whether the tool has hammer drilling and depth adjustment, this gives a good result when working with problem areas, helps to soften them.
- Choose a drill that you can hold with both hands.
- Pay attention to the power of the tool.
Distinctive features of drills for concrete
It is possible to simplify the task of identifying a drill for concrete if you familiarize yourself with its features before choosing:
By tip shape:
- If the drilling attachment is intended for working with wood, then there will be a point at its tip, which makes it easier to enter the tree;
- A feature of metal drills is the presence of a cone-shaped tip that does not have a tip;
- A drill for concrete must have a blunt tip, on which there is a plate from the victor.
By the size of the angle between the cutting edges:
- For steel 140 degrees;
- For duralumin, brass, bronze from 110 to 120 degrees;
- For copper, soft aluminum, wood, plastic from 90 to 100 degrees.
- A drill for metal must be performed in a black color version;
- It is customary to design a drill for wood in a medium metallic shade;
- The concrete drill has a white metallic color.
What concrete drill bit to choose for a drill
Home craftsmen, who are accustomed to doing certain work on their own, necessary to maintain a cozy and comfortable environment in the house, are forced to solve many problems. Drilling holes in materials with a strong structure is quite relevant among them.
It can be concrete, surfaces made of foam blocks, bricks, etc. And it is not possible to create holes in them using ordinary drills designed to work with metal and wood. All drilling efforts soon lead to the fact that the used tool becomes blunt and can no longer be used even for its intended purpose. For this reason, one has to think about purchasing the appropriate drill bits for concrete.
Useful tips for working with a concrete drill
It is important not only to choose the right device for creating holes in concrete surfaces, but also to have an idea of how how to use it.
- Even before drilling, it is advisable to prepare a set of drills that will differ in their performance characteristics. You need to know that in order to effectively solve a particular problem, you should use concrete drills for a drill or hammer drill for a specific purpose. Thus, in the arsenal of a home craftsman, there must be drills for working with concrete, ceramics, stone and other hard materials. However, a situation is possible when, at the beginning of drilling, the owner is forced to stop working due to the fact that the drill has reached the metal reinforcement. To cope with this obstacle, it is necessary to change the device for concrete with a drill for metal at this stage of work. With its help, a hole is created in the reinforcement, and then the hole is drilled again with a drill. At the same time, individual craftsmen approaches to solving this problem a little differently: they simply perform a special sharpening of the drill, which allows using it to work not only with concrete, but also with metal. However, this can only be done by those who have sufficient experience and special skills.
- When creating a hole in a concrete surface, you need to prevent overheating of the drill. To do this, it is necessary to take a break every 15 seconds of continuous drilling. The drill must be cooled naturally. In this case, the use of water or other liquid is considered unacceptable.
- There are situations when, having entered the thickness of the concrete surface, the drilling device collides with an obstacle in the form of a solid stone, which it cannot cope with. To eliminate it, it is advisable to have a bumper available. With its help, you can crush a stone, and then again continue to work with a concrete drill.
- Sometimes it happens that you have to create a hole in a load-bearing wall or ceiling. It is undesirable to work here with an impact drill; it is best to change it to a hammer drill. If you ignore this advice, then it will not lead to anything good, because, despite the efforts and the time spent, you will not be able to create a hole in this structure.
- When working with ceramics, a concrete product should be used. This requires disable hammer drill mode. Otherwise, there is a risk that the tiles will crack.
- If during operation the drilling attachment is dull, then an angle grinder in combination with a diamond disc is used to return it to its performance. However, you can initially avoid such situations if you prepare a high quality expensive tool.
Types and parameters of concrete drills
The peculiarity of drills for concrete is that their cutting part is equipped with solders from a special alloy, the hardness of which is very close to the hardness of diamond. Due to its unique characteristics, such an alloy was named win. Concrete drill bits are the most durable tool for processing this material.
There are two main categories of drill bits for concrete:
- A drill for concrete for a drill, the design of which is distinguished by a cylindrical or multifaceted configuration;
- A tool for working complete with a hammer drill, having a cylindrical shank, on which the designation SDS-plus or SDS-max is put.
Concrete drill shanks
Home craftsmen often have a question about how to choose the equipment and tools for making holes in reinforced concrete structures. A hammer drill with concrete drills for an impact drill is ideal for solving this problem. Drills for this type of drill are often referred to as drill bits and are classified into three main types:
- Screw, with which you can drill holes of considerable depth;
- Spiral (they can make holes of large diameter);
- Shallow, which allow you to get holes that differ in small diameters and depth.
Rotary hammer drills with various spiral shapes for dust extraction
Thanks to a design feature such as a bump on the shank, the drills are simply snapped into the tool holder. As a rule, they are chosen by professional builders and installation specialists in order to obtain holes with a diameter in the range of 430 mm.
In the event that the question arises about how to drill concrete, having received a hole of a larger diameter, a crown-type tool is chosen. It forms holes with a diameter of up to 12 cm. Core drills for concrete are also divided into several categories:
- Diamond drills for concrete in the form of a tube or crown, which are fixed on a solid bar (diamond spraying is applied to the working part of such a tool, which is why it is called a diamond drill);
- Pobedit drills, which have a design similar to diamond ones, but differ from them in the material for making teeth on the cutting part (these teeth are made from Pobedit).
Crowns for concrete
The need for a core drill for concrete arises in the event that it is necessary to prepare the seats for electrical outlets and switches, carry out communications and perform other work related to the need to obtain large holes and recesses.
The choice of drill bit for brick and concrete is also determined by the diameter and depth of the holes being formed. A diamond or victorious drill can have the following diameter to length ratios:
Most popular brands of concrete drilling tools
Drills that are used to perform work on concrete are represented on the modern market by both foreign and domestic brands. The prices for such a tool often depend on the popularity of the manufacturer who made it.
How to choose a concrete drill? It should be understood that higher prices for these products are quite justified if we take into account their guaranteed high quality and long service life.
The concrete drills designed for professional use are distinguished above all by their quality
In the list of foreign companies that offer consumers high quality concrete drills, one should single out such manufacturers as:
Particularly noteworthy is the tool from Bosch, which features a four-spiral design, which allows it to easily remove machining waste from the hole being formed.
Bosch drills of the CYL-9 Multi series are universal and, in addition to concrete, are used for drilling in brick and wood
Among the drills for concrete from domestic manufacturers and companies from the CIS countries and China, it is worth highlighting products manufactured under the following brands:
- Uragan and others.
Medium price winners provide adequate drilling accuracy but have a limited lifespan
It should be noted that Chinese-made drills can be reliable if they are expensive enough. It must be well understood that a quality tool cannot be too cheap, because only the best materials and innovative technologies are used for its manufacture.
The low cost of individual copies of such drills can be explained by violations of the technological process of their manufacture, which is allowed by individual manufacturers, as well as by the use of cheap and low-quality materials. In the modern market, you can also encounter fakes, which are difficult to distinguish from original products. There is an opinion among experts that fakes have a darker color, since some stages of their production are not performed correctly. However, when deciding to choose a drill for concrete, pay attention to the cost of such a tool, which should not be too low.
Drills for concrete for a drill: how and how best to drill concrete
When making holes in materials with increased strength, which include concrete, brick, etc., drills for metal work are useless: their cutting part quickly becomes blunt. In such situations, it is better to use a concrete drill, which is characterized by a number of distinctive properties when compared with the metal used for drilling.
The drill design is quite standard. It consists of standard accessories such as shank, cutting elements and chip evacuation elements. Made of high-hardness alloys, the tip resembles the letter T.
These tips are used when working with hard materials (metals, concrete, marble). To avoid confusion, it is better to see a photo of a drill for concrete.
Some of the best concrete drills are victorious. This special alloy of tungsten and cobalt will win, but for a long time this alloy has ceased to be used due to its high cost and cheaper and better quality analogues have come to its place.
The victorious drill is presented on the market in very large quantities, but the brand is not indicated on the explication of the drill itself, which means an independent selection based on your experience or the knowledge of the seller.
If you see drills with incomprehensible Chinese symbols, it is better to bypass this purchase, since they will be enough for a couple of minutes of work (at best).
There is one tradition, the essence of which is to wet the drill bit (or all of it) with water. Some argue that doing this will save the drill and help it work better without breakage. But as the researchers found in production, the cooling of the drill does not affect its performance in any way.
Also, a victorious drill can be sharpened quite easily, but this must be done carefully, there is a risk of overheating the drill too much and breaking off part of it. This should be done when blunting the drill.