GRASS CUTTER UNLEADED or PREMIUM?
Gasoline for grass trimmer
Select the brand of gasoline for trimmers should take into account the recommendations of the manufacturer. If you do not follow them, the motor will soon break down. Often unleaded fuel with an octane rating of 92 or 95 is used for filling the gas tank trimmer for grass.
Gasoline for the fuel mixture
Filling the trimmer for grass with gasoline AI-80 can cause damage to the device because of its low technical characteristics. Note that after purchase the fuel can be stored for no more than 60 days.
Do not use polyethylene canisters for storage, t. к. Will create static electricity when in contact with the inner walls. An accidental spark will cause an explosion. Although, there are special plastic canisters labeled “flame”.
Rules of the fuel mixture preparation
For many beginners who have bought a brushcutter, the question of diluting petrol with oil to make a petrol mixture becomes a problem. You need to know the proportions and stick to them very carefully. The instructions for the product usually indicate in what ratio to dilute the constituents: 1:25 or 1:32 or 1:40 or 1:50. This means that for 1 part of oil, you must take 25, 32, 40 or 50 parts of gasoline and mix them.
In such categories, of course, it is inconvenient to measure, so it is better by simple mathematical calculations to determine how much oil you need per liter of gasoline. To do this, divide 1 liter, which is equal to 1000 ml, by a known proportion. This results in the following mixing table.
|Ratio||Gasoline (ml)||Oil (ml)|
Most often in the proportion 1:40 you should dilute mineral oils, and 1:50. synthetic brands. Whereas for budget Chinese brushcutters the proportions are quite different. 1:32 or 1:25. This is because the low-power models made in China have a different design and the distance between the piston and cylinder is much larger.
Advice! To measure the fuel, it is best to use a measuring vessel with divisions. Even an ordinary syringe is suitable for this purpose.
Further actions have the following sequence.
- First pour petrol into the canister, and then add the desired volume of oil. If you pour the oil out first, it will settle on the side of the canister, due to its higher density, and will not mix well.
- The next step is to mix the contents of the canister thoroughly by means of circular movements of the closed container.
- After diluting to homogeneity, the fuel must be poured into the fuel tank of the lawnmower.
Important! You should not use the gas tank to prepare the mixture at once.
For a more detailed and clear instruction, watch the video.
Rules for mixing
And now about how to mix the components correctly. However, it would be more logical to start with analysis of common, but totally unacceptable mistakes that many owners of this mower “sin” with. The following are considered mistakes in mixing the fuel mixture.
- Adding oil to fuel that has already been in the brushcutter’s gas tank. This will not produce a homogeneous fuel mixture. It might work, if only you shake the grass trimmer for a long time afterwards. But this is unlikely to be done, because of the machine’s weight.
- First pour oil into the mixing tank and then add gasoline to it. Gasoline has a lower density than oil, so if you pour it in with the oil, it will remain in the upper layer, that is, the natural mixing will not happen. Of course, it is possible to mix it up later, but it will take much more energy than if you do it the other way around. pouring oil on top of the gasoline.
- Ignoring precise measuring tools to take the necessary volumes of ingredients used. In other words, diluting the amount of oil or gasoline “by eye” is a bad habit when operating motor vehicles.
- Use empty drinking water bottles for fuel mixture preparation. Such containers are made of too thin polyethylene that can be dissolved by gasoline.
Considering the above mentioned, we recommend to use the following rules when mixing the fuel mixture for the two-stroke engines of the grass trimmer.
- Use only clean containers made of metal or special plastic for storage and preparation of gasoline, oil, ready-to-use fuel mixture.
- Use a watering can to pour gasoline into a dilution tank to avoid spillage, and a measuring cup with volume markings or a 5 ml and 10 ml medical syringe to add oil.
- First pour petrol into the fuel mixture canister, and then oil.
- To dilute the mixture, pour only half of the planned volume of gasoline into the container first.
- Next, add the full amount of oil to the gasoline required to make the mixture.
- stir thoroughly the contents of the diluting container. It is best to stir by making circular motions with a tightly closed container. Do not mix fuel with any object inside the canister, because you do not know what material this object is made of, what kind of reaction it may have with the ingredients of the mixture and how clean it is.
- Add the rest of gasoline to the stirred mixture and stir thoroughly again.
- You can fill the fuel tank of the lawnmower with the prepared mixture.
It is necessary to take into account that the ready fuel mixture should not be stored for more than 14 days, because it loses its properties, stratifies and evaporates, which leads to changes of proportions and, therefore, deteriorates the work of grass trimmer.
How to dilute petrol and oil for grass trimmer
Dilute gasoline for grass trimmer must be in the correct proportion. Not enough oil can lead to poor lubrication of the lawnmower’s elements, which contributes to quick wear and tear. If you add more oil than you need, pistons and spark plugs will get soiled. Fouling of the engine moving parts interferes with normal operation and leads to early engine damage.
To find out what proportion you need for your particular model of grass trimmer, see the manual that came with the machine. The most often 2-stroke petrol motors for grass trimmers use the fuel mix in the proportion 50:1, where 50 is part petrol and 1 is part oil. That is, 20 ml of oil should be added to 1 liter of gasoline. The chart is helpful in determining the proper ratio.
Use measuring jars with a milliliter scale to measure the proportions correctly. For these purposes, perfectly suits a special canister with a double neck, it is designed for mixing and storing oil and gasoline. For example, you can use a medicine syringe without a needle. Before mixing liquids, make sure the container for the ready-to-use fuel mixture is free of water, dust, and particles of dirt.
It is unacceptable to dilute petrol with lubricant directly in the fuel tank, and the proportion of oil and petrol must be strictly observed. If you ignore this rule, the operation of the grass trimmer engine can be unstable, due to which it will quickly fail.
It is not recommended to use plastic bottles or canisters for this purpose. This is due to the fact that gasoline tends to dissolve plastic, which means that some of the plastic can get into the fuel tank, which can lead to carburetor failure. Although there are special plastic canisters marked “flame”.
- Oil suitable for two-stroke engines with air cooling system;
- A canister, preferably a metal one;
- a container for mixing, also better a metal one;
In addition to protective equipment, do not forget about fire safety rules, because gasoline and motor oil are easily flammable:
- It is better to work outside to avoid the accumulation of gasoline fumes in the room;
- Do not smoke or create a sparkling situation.
Make a mixture of gasoline and oil as follows:
- Pour 1 liter of gasoline into a container, add half of the required portion of oil. Stir thoroughly, do it very carefully away from sources of open flame.
- Add the rest of the oil to the gasoline for the weed trimmer and mix it well again. Now you can pour the fuel into the trimmer’s fuel tank.
The mixture can be stored for up to three months, therefore it is better to dilute the petrol so that it is enough for several uses.
Only quality oil may be used for dilution, and it is recommended to buy it only from trusted stores, such as specialized hypermarkets.
Why the gasoline mower does not start well?
There can be many reasons why the grass trimmer does not start.
The most common causes of difficulty starting are:
- Problems with the quality of fuel;
- spark plug malfunction;
- contamination of the air and fuel filters;
- problems with pressure equalization in the gasoline tank;
- exhaust manifold malfunction.
Most of the time these problems are not critical and you can fix them yourself. Let’s see in detail how to do it.
Do not skimp on fuel for your equipment, use only good quality gasoline and oil. Strictly adhere to the recommended proportions for the fuel mixture. Also, you should not leave the fuel in the tank for a long time. it will eventually become watered down and lose its properties.
Spark plugs and spark plug ducts
If spark plug failure is suspected, immediately unscrew the old spark plug and replace it with a new. If there is no immediate possibility of installing a new spark plug. thoroughly clean and dry the old one. Drain excess fuel through the spark plug channel and dry thoroughly. After that, screw the spark plug back in, set the gap of 1 mm and try to start the engine again.
If the suggested manipulations did not yield the desired result. check the spark plug contact. Also a faulty ignition unit may be the cause of the lack of spark.
Air and fuel filter
If these lawnmower parts are dirty, they can be either completely replaced or thoroughly cleaned. When replacing the fuel filter, do not leave the intake tube unprotected. this could cause a breakdown in the engine piston system.
Problems with pressure equalization in the tank
This fault is caused by a clogged breather valve. If this element is clogged, it creates a vacuum in the gas tank that prevents fuel flow. The breather plug can be cleaned with an ordinary needle.
If after checking these systems trimmer for grass did not start, most likely the cause of the problems with the carburetor (clogged jets, breached tightness) or the engine (piston rings wear, chips on the cylinder). Repair of this type can also be done independently, but it is better to trust the professionals at the service center.
Today, there are few people left who use an ordinary scythe on their garden plot. This “ancient” method is practically never met. And many already have no idea how to handle it, sharpen and rivet. With the development of technology, there are devices called trimmers for grass.
There are two main types of such devices. These are gasoline and electric. From the name it is clear that their main difference is the power source. Each type has both advantages and disadvantages. The advantage of gasoline-powered is the absence of a cord for power, which does not limit the owner in moving around the site during work. The electric one needs 220 V mains for power supply. There is no way to do without an extension cord, which will constantly get in the way and get tangled underfoot.
Modern grass trimmer that runs on fuel, thanks to the presence of various interchangeable heads, has turned from an ordinary grass trimmer into a means of small-scale mechanization with many functions. By installing an appropriate attachment, the owner will not have any difficulty in forming a crown in shrubs on a personal garden plot. In a snowy winter it can be used as a snowblower. Changing the working heads of the grass trimmer is not time-consuming and can be done with or without the use of a tool.
What oil to choose for the grass trimmer?
When using such a device as a gasoline grass trimmer, its maintenance is particularly difficult. When the time comes to change the oil, many people do not know what oil to pour into the trimmer for grass.
In each individual case, it all depends on the type of grass trimmer engine. In its essence, it is similar, but more powerful, are used in the manufacture of mopeds. Therefore, it is necessary to use oils for trimmers that are labeled 2T.
In most machines of this kind, oil is added along with the gasoline. Therefore, the owner must be sure to know, using a trimmer for grass, the ratio of gasoline to oil. In most cases, 20 g of oil per liter of fuel is taken. The higher the quality of fuel, the lower its consumption.
There are also 4-stroke engine models for trimmers. In these trimmer oils are poured into a separate container, which does not cause much difficulty. One of the main advantages of these devices is their low noise, which allows you to work without headphones. Trimmer oils are labeled 4T, which is a must to pay attention to.
Advantages and disadvantages of gasoline trimmers
Thus, summarizing the above, it is necessary to note the main advantages and disadvantages of gasoline trimmers. The pluses include:
- greater weight;
- the noise emitted during operation is greater than in electric trimmers. Despite this, the number of gasoline trimmers in the suburban areas is only increasing.
Home ” Engine ” Best brushcutter oil. How to choose lawn trimmer oil. Using a trimmer for garden grass
Fuel mixing for 2-stroke engine
The lubrication of the surfaces of the crankshaft, piston group, bearings in two-stroke engines is done with oil contained in gasoline. this is the main difference between the work of 2-stroke engines from 4-stroke.
When preparing the fuel mixture you must clearly follow the instructions in the manual of the tool or on the oil bottle for two-stroke engines. that you bought. oils used for trimmers are not fundamentally different from other garden equipment with a 2t gasoline engine.
Oil proportions for the gasoline mixture
Over-lubricated fuel causes sooting of the cylinders and scratching of the piston; gasoline burns worse, resulting in lower engine efficiency. If you do not pour enough oil, the piston rings will be destroyed, the motor will jam because of excessive friction.
When it is not clear how to mix, if it is written one on the tank, in the manual another, and on the canister. the third proportion, you must follow that which is written on the oil bottle. Definitely.
For trimmers, chainsaws
Garden equipment is filled with 92 or 95 gasoline, topping up with oil according to the instructions. If it says to mix at a ratio of 1:50, divide 1000 ml by 50: you get 20 ml. So, for 1 liter of gasoline you need 20 ml of two-stroke oil. You can do it with a 20 ml syringe.
What kind of gasoline to fill up
Gasoline for grass trimmer should be chosen from unleaded with the tact number 92 or 95. As practice shows, gasoline AI-80 can lead to device failures, which is a questionable economy.
The fuel must be fresh, that is, after purchase it can be stored for no more than 60 days.
The quality of fuel is affected by other factors, such as the use of special lubricants for lawnmowers and dilute it in a separate container. It is also recommended to use special canisters for storing gasoline.
What kind of gasoline you can put in your trimmer for the grass? You need a certain grade of AI-95 or AI-92 gasoline to make the mixture. The gasoline grade depends on its ignition speed. octane rating. The lower the figure, the faster the gasoline burns and the higher its consumption.
Normally this ratio is as follows:
- 1 to 25 or 40 grams of two-stroke oil per 1 liter of gasoline
- 1 to 40 or 25-30 grams of oil per 1 liter of petrol
- 1 to 50. this is 20 grams of oil per liter of gasoline
|1 liter of gasoline AI-92||40 grams of oil||20 grams of oil|
|2 liters of AI-92 gasoline||80 grams of oil||40 grams of oil|
|3 liter of AI-92 gasoline||120 grams of oil||60 grams of oil|
|4 liters of AI-92 gasoline||160 grams of oil||80 grams of oil|
To know how much oil to add to the lawnmower, it is necessary to get acquainted with the performance characteristics of the product. Proportional ratios, can be represented as follows: 1:25, 1:40 and 1:50, which means one part oil in 25, 40 or 50 parts gasoline.