Sort by purpose
Based on the type of work, discs for an angle grinder are divided into five types. Below is a brief description of each of them..
What is Disc for Angle Grinder
It is an attachment for an angle grinder. The required option is selected according to the size (diameter) and material, depending on the task.
Classic wheels that are also used in grinding machines. They are not as thick as cut-off ones: their cross-section is at least 5 mm. With these attachments, you can not only sharpen tools, but also clean weld seams. They are also suitable for rough grinding of metal surfaces..
These bits are thin (1 to 3.2 mm) and have a cutting edge.
Depending on the purpose, the material of the attachments for the angle grinder also differs. Each species has characteristics that make it most suitable for a particular job. The arsenal of grinding and polishing wheels is quite impressive.
Cutting discs for an angle grinder are also divided into several varieties, depending on the material:
10 Amazing & Useful Angle Grinder Disc !!!
- For metalworking – steel options with alumina or electroorundum abrasive surfaces.
- Working with a stone is carried out using a cutting element made of silicon carbide abrasive. They can be whole and divided into segments. The first option is used for dolomite, limestone, and the second for tiles and other hard surfaces..
- Saw wheels are used for wood. They differ in the shape of the teeth. So, there are variable beveled and straight models. The former are universal, while the latter are intended for needles and other soft wood. There are also trapezoid-shaped teeth. They are suitable for medium to high density materials..
We should also talk about diamond accessories. They are made of steel interspersed with diamond chips. The peculiarity of such wheels is increased wear resistance..
How to change a disc to an angle grinder
Angle grinder wheels are essentially consumables. Over time, they wear out, and then it is necessary to replace the worn out nozzle with a new one..
How to do it:
- Make sure the tool is not plugged into a power source and disconnect power if necessary.
- Lock the spindle using the lock button on the front of the housing.
- Insert key.
- With one hand you need to hold the lock, and with the other hand, twist the nut until it gives in. After that, it can be removed..
- Install a new nozzle and do the same in reverse order to secure it securely..
Note: the disc is always installed outward with the side on which its label is written..
Types of abrasive wheels for an angle grinder: how not to get confused in the variety of cutting and grinding discs?
Angle grinders (angle grinder) are widely used not only in industry, but also in everyday life. On the modern construction market, there are a variety of types of discs for an angle grinder.
A true professional needs to understand them very well. This will allow you to choose the right type of circle, depending on the material being processed..
What a standard abrasive wheel plant offers?
The types of abrasive wheels differ from each other in the main parameters: thickness and structure. Cutting discs are often less than 3 mm thick. At the same time, the grinding models are much more massive. Since processing with such circles lasts longer and is more intense, they are reinforced in 3 layers. Cutting discs are predominantly two-layer.
For simple operations, conventional flat abrasive discs are used. When sanding hard-to-reach areas, plate-shaped discs with hidden locking nut come in handy.
To determine if a circle is suitable, you should pay attention to its markings. The letter designations A, AS or C can be in front. So the abrasive wheel factory denotes corundum, electrocorundum or silicon carbide, respectively. Cut-off wheel markings C – the most durable and used for work on stone or granite.
The letter designation is followed by the main parameter that characterizes the structure of the grinding wheel. This is the grain size, the size of which depends on the speed of processing the material. The larger it is, the faster the workpiece is processed. However, when working with coarse-grained wheels, the quality of the cut, polish or sanding will deteriorate..
The last letter in the disc designation indicates the bond hardness of the base of the circle. The closer it is to the beginning of the Latin alphabet, the greater the degree of softness of the ligament. For soft materials, it is advisable to use soft ligaments.
In addition, manufacturing companies also use color coding to distinguish discs. The blue color of the disc indicates that it is used for metalwork. The green disc is designed for cutting or grinding stone. The wheels also differ in the material of the inner seat ring. For cut-off products, it is made of a harder material than for grinding or polishing discs.
Grinding discs stand out in a special category of abrasive wheels. They are used for rough processing of metals: cleaning seams after welding and sharpening of cutting tools. Basically it is a mini cut-off wheel that fits on a small angle grinder. Its thickness should not be less than 5 mm, and a recess is made on the inside. This allows you to sharpen with the inside of the wheel..
Which cutting and grinding wheels are better?
Today on sale there are a variety of types of discs for an angle grinder. It is quite easy to get lost in such a variety. To figure out which cutting wheels for an angle grinder are better, knowledge of certain subtleties will help. These include:
- selection of a circle designed specifically for a specific material;
- the maximum permissible speed of the disk, on which its operating mode depends;
- compliance of the wheel sizes, which are indicated by the manufacturers, with the limiting shaft diameter of the angle grinder.
Never place a 230 mm disc on an angle grinder designed for 125 mm discs. This leads to a significant increase in the linear speed of the edge of the angle grinder. In the worst case, at high speeds, the circle will simply fly apart, which creates a traumatic situation. It is also designed to handle more power tool power than small angle grinders. In addition, installing a disc larger than necessary will require the removal of the protective cover..
Whether you are looking for a wheel for a large angle grinder or small angle grinder, finding the right size is easy. All discs, regardless of type, have standard diameters: 230, 180, 150, 125 and 115 mm. In this case, the landing dimension corresponding to the diameter of the angle grinder shaft remains the same. Its value is 22.2 mm.
Also an important indicator is the maximum rotation speed. Its standard values are usually 6600, 8500, 10200, 12200, 13300 rpm. You cannot exceed this speed value, otherwise the circle will break..
Types of wood discs for an angle grinder: main features
By and large, such a circle is absolutely similar to a circular saw blade. They come in various diameters and geometries. The size of the teeth also varies from model to model. The safest discs, the edge of which includes a chain from a chainsaw. If the teeth of such a circle are jammed, it continues to rotate at idle speed. This minimizes the risk of injury.
Models with bevelled teeth are universal. They can be used to process any type of solid wood. Straight teeth are effective in softwood and softwood. Trapezoidal teeth make it easy to cut medium-density wood.
Selecting a grinder disk
Most circles for wood are equipped with rounded grooves directed towards the shaft. Their depth is approximately 20 mm, and in some cases they are filled with copper. The standard thickness of these discs is 2 mm..
When working with a disc on wood, it is recommended to always equip the angle grinder with a stop handle and a protective cover. All work should be carried out in protective clothing and special goggles. The latter prevent damage to the eyes by wood shavings.
Main Types of Abrasive Wheels for Angle Grinder
According to the popular classification based on the difference in material and design, discs for an angle grinder are divided into:
- Abrasive wheels. Practice shows that they have proven themselves well when processing a wide variety of surfaces. In turn, such discs are cutting and grinding.
- Wheels for wood cutting. Experts do not recommend using them in everyday life without sufficient work experience. Such a disc can easily get stuck in a wooden block, causing serious injury..
- Diamond discs. Their choice in the construction industry is now quite large. Wheels are used to work with almost any material: concrete, stone, brick, etc. They are solid and segmented (the latter are equipped with longitudinal cuts). They are characterized by greater productivity due to the efficient discharge of material waste when cutting. They also cool well, so you can work with them continuously for a long time..
Common types of diamond discs for angle grinder
These are one of the most common replacement parts for angle grinders. Visible color coding makes it easy to find the right circle. The green disc is for granite, the yellow disc is for tiles and plaster, and the blue disc is for marble and concrete. Orange circles are used for plaster and bricks, while gray circles are used for ceramic tiles and roof tiles..
The base of the diamond discs is made of iron with a diamond coating. A dry cutting disc is also called segmented in another way. This is due to the fact that their edge looks “torn” due to the slots. The segments are evenly spaced to ensure excellent cooling of the drive. It is recommended to cut with such a blade continuously for no more than 2 minutes in order to avoid destruction.
Wet cutting wheels are perfect for cutting porcelain stoneware or ceramic tiles. During operation, they are mainly installed in special power plants with a continuous supply of water. There are also combined wheels for dry and wet cutting – the so-called “turbo”. They are completely versatile and perfectly cope with the processing of stone, brick, concrete, tiles. Such circles are perfectly cooled due to the wavy shape of the disc..
A special version of the diamond disc is the roughing wheel. It is designed to remove top layer from stone and concrete, but not metal surfaces.
Also, diamond wheels are divided into professional and household. It is important to work with them correctly: do not cut the metal and do not leave them on continuously for a long time. If the disc stops cutting, the diamonds are “opened” by making several cuts along the brick.
Professionals will appreciate the discs from the Ukrainian manufacturer – TPK UKRABRAZIV LLC. They are perfect for cutting and grinding metal, high alloy steels, stone, wood.
Cut-off discs for angle grinder
Parting discs are the most common replacement cutting tool for an angle grinder – there are a lot of them and they are able to overcome almost any material. The most used among them are discs for angle grinder for metal, stone, wood and diamond wheel..
- Disc for cutting metal. It should be understood that angle grinder cutting discs can vary in both their outer diameter and thickness. With the diameter of such nozzles, everything seems to be clear – in this regard, they are designed for small, medium and large tools. Accordingly, their diameter can be 115, 125, 150, 180 and 230mm. As for the thickness of these discs, it can vary from 1mm to 3.2mm. Large diameter discs are made thicker, small diameter discs can be of any thickness. This approach to business is associated both with the speed of rotation of the disk and with the expected loads on them..
Disc for angle grinder for metal
- Stone discs. They differ from their metal-cutting counterparts exclusively in the used abrasives..
- Discs for wood. In principle, the use of such discs is fraught with unpleasant consequences in the form of all kinds of injuries – you need to work with them very carefully. Compliance with safety measures when working with such replaceable attachments is in your best interest. Firstly, you should not remove the protective cover from the tool and, secondly, for an angle grinder it is better to use a disc for wood with a fine tooth. In no case should you cut wood with a strong feed. And it is better to refuse to use such attachments on a large instrument altogether. The ideal option for using such a tool would be to use it in conjunction with special equipment (a device for stationary attachment of an angle grinder).
Wood discs for angle grinder photo
- Diamond disc for angle grinder. This accessory can be called universal – it is able to cut almost any material, from soft to durable. Such nozzles are most widely used in the field of cutting porcelain stoneware, reinforced concrete, artificial and natural stone and tiles. There are different types of discs for each of these materials – some of them have a solid cutting edge, and some are ragged with slots. Also, depending on the purpose of these wheels, they can have a coarse or fine fraction of diamond dusting. For example, discs for an angle grinder for concrete have fine dusting and special transverse grooves along their entire diameter. In contrast, the diamond disc for a stone angle grinder has a solid cutting edge..
Diamond disc for angle grinder photo
Visually, the purpose of diamond discs is difficult to determine, therefore, when purchasing such attachments, carefully read the packaging – everything is written in detail about its purpose..
Discs and attachments for an angle grinder: their types and purpose
Agree, it is always more convenient to have one universal tool at hand than several specialized ones – the issue of transporting a huge amount of rarely used “junk” is immediately resolved. Instead of carrying around a lot of all kinds of tools, craftsmen transport a small set of them. The most versatile tool in this regard is the angle grinder. With its help, using different discs or attachments, you can carry out a fairly wide range of all kinds of operations. The angle grinder can cut almost any material, regardless of its strength, grind, polish, sharpen, peel – in general, perform all types of work for which you can use rotational movements. It is these nozzles that will be discussed in this article, in which, together with the website stroisovety.org, we will study all available discs for an angle grinder and understand their purpose..
How to choose discs and attachments for your angle grinder
Grinding and Polishing Discs for Angle Grinder
There are a lot of types of grinding and polishing wheels – depending on the required surface quality, discs with replaceable sandpaper, felt, and spongy, and even cloth can be installed on the angle grinder.
Grinding disc for angle grinder photo
Most of them require the use of special fine abrasive pastes or even liquids to work. For coarse grinding and deburring, fine abrasive grinding wheels are used. Grinding discs for an angle grinder allow you to bring to the required roughness almost any material – such attachments are used even in auto repair shops for polishing car bodies.
Flap disc for angle grinder
Tool Grinding Discs and Roughing Bits for Angle Grinder
Among this type of attachments, in order to expand the functionality of the angle grinder, three types stand out significantly – twisted cutters, abrasive grinding discs and diamond roughing.
- Twisted cones are used for roughing metal and stone surfaces – if we are talking about removing old paint or overwhelmingly dried cement mortar, then you can hardly find a better replacement tool. It is made in the form of steel cups, around the perimeter of which wire brushes are installed. The size of the wire can be different – depending on the roughness of processing, the cutter can be equipped with both thick and thin wire.
Roughing bits for angle grinder photo
- Abrasive grinding wheels. Such nozzles are designed for rough metal processing – with their help they clean welded seams and sharpen all kinds of cutting tools. As a rule, such attachments are most widely used on small angle grinders – this is due to ease of use. Such an attachment can be distinguished from cutting wheels by thickness and shape – their inner part has a depression, which allows the sharpening process to be performed with the flat part of the circle, and the thickness cannot be less than 5mm.
Grinding discs for angle grinder photo
- Diamond roughing discs. In principle, they are somewhat similar to abrasive sharpeners. Only in contrast to them, processing with a diamond tool of this type can be performed only with the periphery of the disk, on which the cutting edges are located. In contrast to its sharpening counterpart, a rough diamond is not intended for working with metals, its strong point is roughing concrete, stone and similar materials. If we are talking about removing a small section of a cement screed, then it will not work to come up with something better than this diamond..
Discs for angle grinder photo
In general, one way or another, and discs for an angle grinder can significantly increase the functionality of an angle grinder. In modern construction and other spheres of life, it is very difficult to find any industry where an angle grinder is not used – together with a huge number of all kinds of attachments, it is a truly universal tool.
Among the wide variety of discs for power tools, you can find options for milling. There are only two varieties of them – classic and cutters. The circles have a side part for work and outwardly it looks like a rasp. They are used to roughly process wood. The cutters not only differ in their shape – their teeth are also located differently. Disks of this type work:
- making grooves;
- choosing an array of wood from recesses and bowls;
- cleaning the edge and end parts of objects;
- sawing small pieces.
What are the discs for the angle grinder
Almost any owner has a variety of different tools. But none of them has as many applications as an angle grinder. It seems to be a simple angle grinder, but if you just put another disc, the functionality changes. What are the different types of tool attachments? In addition to the fact that they come in several sizes, the elements also perform various functions – they cut, polish, grind. Let’s try to understand this issue in more detail..
Stripping and stripping discs
Before covering this or that surface with fresh paint, the old layer must be removed. Rust also requires preliminary cleaning. For these cases, use a brush. There are two types of brushes on sale. They can be disc-shaped or bowl-shaped. But in both cases, there is a metal wire.
The wire itself is twisted into separate cords or simply fluffed up. Its diameter is different. The quality of processing depends on the thickness. If only a rough but quick peeling is required, then brushes with a thick wire are used..
Varieties of discs for angle grinders
Not only the dimensions distinguish the elements from each other, but also their functional purpose..
Disc sizes for angle grinder
When choosing the next wheel for an angle grinder, you should check the diameter of the nozzle. This external indicator should be within acceptable limits, but not be more.
If the size of the disc of the angle grinder according to the documentation should be equal to 125 mm, then the discs for 230 should obviously not be used. Why? There are reasons for this:
- the cutting edge will move at a higher speed, which will lead to damage to the wheel and, accordingly, injury;
- a compact power tool will not master the work with a larger attachment;
- if you install a disc that is too large, you will have to remove the protective cover, and this already goes against safety precautions.
All circles are standardized in their parameters. Their inner diameter is the same. Only the external is different. All the manufacturer applies a special marking, which displays all the necessary information.
Most often, an angle grinder is used to cut something. Naturally, the type of circle is determined by the material with which to work:
- Metal attachments. For their manufacture, crystalline corundum alumina and synthetic corundum, which is also called electrocorundum, are used. They turn blue.
Attention! If an irresistible need arises to use an angle grinder for cutting wood, then this must be done in compliance with all safety measures. The tool must have both a protective cover and an additional handle. The user works only in personal protective equipment: glasses and gloves. Such circles should only be used on wood. But it is better to take discs that are equipped with a chain, like the one used in chainsaws. If the circle is jammed, the chain remains stationary, while the nozzle itself performs idle rotation.
Grinding and Polishing Wheels
The original purpose of the angle grinder is to help a person with sanding and polishing. They can very quickly (albeit roughly) process any surface, but they are also used for finishing manipulations. For this, a lot of all kinds of grinding and polishing discs have been developed, including:
- Cord brushes for roughing or stripping.
- End abrasive nozzles. For sides of workpieces.
- Petals. This is a special type of circles that are made from abrasive cloth of varying degrees of grain. The quality of the result directly depends on the grain size.
- Felt circles. Used when it is necessary to polish the surface to a mirror-like state, while using polishing liquids or special pastes.
- Fiber tips. For metal surfaces.
- Chain and circles-planers. For working with wood. To do this, an additional handle must be placed on the angle grinder..
Sandpaper can be fixed with Velcro on the attachment. In this case, it is attached to the spindle of the angle grinder..
For sharpening, ordinary discs are used: they are the same for an angle grinder and for machine tools. The main thing that distinguishes them from cut-off ones is the thickness, as well as the ability to use the side part for work..
The cross section of such circles is not less than five millimeters. They are used not only when it is required to sharpen the cutting edge of the tool, but also to clean surfaces from welding marks, and if you need to roughly process the part.
For cutting stone
For cutting stone in a domestic environment, an abrasive disc made of silicon carbide (marked with the letter C) is suitable.
This cutting disc is used for small work in stone, as it wears out quickly. But, due to the low cost, this consumable is quite popular with the owners of the angle grinder.
For professional use, an abrasive disc for stone is not suitable. For these purposes, it is recommended to choose a diamond-coated all-metal cutting wheel..
Color coding of diamond discs
Diamond wheels are marked with the following colors:
- orange – for cutting bricks;
- blue cuts well on concrete and marble;
- green is used for cutting granite;
- gray cuts tiles, granite and ceramics;
- yellow – alabaster and tiles.
What are the cutting discs for the angle grinder
The main tool for an angle grinder are cut-off wheels. It is no secret that the quality and speed of the work performed directly depends on the correct selection of consumables. Therefore, before you go to buy a disc for an angle grinder, it is recommended that you familiarize yourself with the main types and characteristics of consumables..
If you need to cut metal, then always use bakelite-bonded consumables with reinforcing elements. In this case, there must be at least 2 reinforcing nets.
For ferrous metals, ordinary corundum is used, containing, in addition to aluminum oxide, impurities of chlorine, iron and sulfur.
For cutting stainless steel, the presence of the above impurities in the composition of the cutting wheel is unacceptable, since they cause the steel to burn (overheating). As a result, alloying additives can burn out from the stainless steel, and it turns into ordinary steel, as a result of which the cut site begins to be covered with rust. Therefore, it is important to carefully read the information printed on it before purchasing a disc. Cutting disc for stainless steel is always marked with the letters “AS” and the word “INOX”.
For cutting non-ferrous metals, discs with large abrasive particles are used. For example, a cutting wheel for aluminum, in addition to coarse abrasive, contains special fillers that prevent clogging of the cutting edge.
Often, users of angle grinders ask themselves: which metal cutting discs are better to use? An ideal disc for an angle grinder should have:
- bakelite reinforced bundle (BU);
- Correctly selected type of abrasive: for stainless steel white fused alumina (AS), for ferrous metal – ordinary corundum;
- disc thickness from 1.6 to 2 mm;
- outer diameter 125 mm;
- fine abrasive particles if cutting of steel structures is required.
For cutting tiles and porcelain stoneware
The best way to cut ceramic tiles is to use one-piece diamond cut discs. These discs are usually labeled “Wet Cut”. As practice shows, this tool remarkably makes a smooth, with a minimum of chips, a cut on a tile even without the use of water, although a lot of fine dust is formed..
Solid diamond disc can also be used on porcelain stoneware.
By the way, this circle can be used not only for ceramics, but also for cutting thick glass..
On the tile, of course, you can use segmented (dry) and turbo discs, but the cut quality will be very low, since chips will inevitably form along its edges.
Marking on cutting discs
In order for the owners of the angle grinder to be able to correctly select consumables in accordance with the upcoming work with this tool, manufacturers of cutting discs apply special markings on them..
Discs for cutting concrete and reinforced concrete are made of high-strength hardened steel, coated with diamond chips on the cutting part. Also, these cutting wheels can be segmented and solid..
Before starting to cut concrete, you need to determine its type. It can be regular or reinforced (containing a metal mesh). It is also worth considering the age of the concrete..
- Young concrete has abrasive properties, so it quickly wears out the tool. To cut it, it is required to use diamond segmented discs for concrete of increased thickness.
- Old concrete is a very hard material. To process it, it is better to use a wheel on an angle grinder of moderate thickness..
A universal diamond wheel is installed for cutting reinforced concrete.
The following information can be obtained from the marking.
- The material from which the nozzle is made is indicated by the first letter: A – corundum, used for cutting metal; AS – aluminum oxide (white), cuts stainless steel; C – silicon carbide, good for cutting stone and concrete. Metal cannot be cut with this abrasive attachment..
- Further, after the letter denoting the material, there is a number. It means how many abrasive grains are in a unit area. Accordingly, the smaller the grain, the higher the figure. If you need to cut steel, then choose a disc with a finer grit – 40 or 60. Coarse discs are used mainly for cutting non-ferrous metals.
- The next parameter is bond hardness. It is designated by letters of the Latin alphabet (H, I, J, K, L, M, N, O, P, Q, R, S, T). The closer the letter is to the beginning of the alphabet, the softer the bond, and vice versa. For processing soft materials, the bond must be hard, and for strong and hard materials – soft.
- The last letters indicate the type of bundle. Ceramic is marked with the letter V. Such discs are distinguished by good water resistance, fire resistance and resistance to chemicals. Bakelite bond is indicated by letter B. Such circles have good bending and compressive strength, but break when used with an alkaline coolant. Also, bunches based on bakelite have low heat resistance. At a temperature of 200 degrees, it becomes brittle, and at high temperatures, it begins to fade. The third type of bond – bakelite with increased strength – is marked as BF or BU.
- The maximum speed that cannot be exceeded for this consumable. Linear edge speed can be indicated in m / s or rpm.
- Circle dimensions in mm: outer diameter, thickness and seat diameter.
- Manufacturing date. Usually indicated by a metal insert around the bore. It is not allowed to install an expired wheel on an angle grinder, as it may lose strength over time and fly apart during operation.
- Purpose of the nozzle. Indicates which materials the tool is designed to cut.
- Color coding: blue for cutting steel, green for stone.
Which discs for an angle grinder are “so-so”, and which are good and long-lasting.
For many people who have just bought an angle grinder, the problem of choosing a cut-off wheel arises. an angle grinder is a multifunctional tool, it can perform various types of work, respectively, and all kinds of circles and nozzles on it, the darkness is darkness. Let’s see what kind of work can be done with an angle grinder and what nozzle discs are used for this. This article will focus on cutting wheels.
Of course, most often the angle grinder is used when you need to cut something, 70 percent of the work is cutting work. You can cut anything with a machine, from metal to various tiles and even wood. Of course, when using an angle grinder, read the instructions carefully, since many household models are not designed for sawing, for example, a stone, since sawing dust clogs the grinder mechanism and it breaks down. In particular, Sturm models, in the passport of which it is written in black and white that they should not be used for sawing stones. Therefore, when choosing an angle grinder, ask if you can cut a stone with it. Indeed, very often when doing household work, it is necessary to saw the ceramic tiles or cut off a piece of brick. So, what kind of cutting wheels are.
Sawing metal is the main use of the angle grinder. There are a great many types of cutting wheels for metal. Most often, the circles of the Luga plant are used, although they are so-so in quality, they are quickly erased and a lot of dust is released during the file. But also, the same Khitachevsky 45 rubles. In appearance, the Hitachi circle cannot be confused with the usual one, it is all bright green.
The main standard sizes of wheels for metal for an angle grinder:
Inner hole 22.2mm
Outside diameters: 115, 125, 150, 180 and 230 mm.
You guessed it, discs with a diameter of 115 and 125 mm are used on small angle grinders, 150 and 180 – on medium ones, 230 mm – discs for a large angle grinder (power from 1500 watts and above).
Stone circles are used for sawing bricks, concrete, slate, porcelain stoneware, ceramic tiles, paving stones.
Dicks for stone are diamond and dry cutters, the difference in price between them is high.
A regular stone disc (Luga abrasive, Bosch) – looks the same as a disc for metal, only it is written on it that it is stone. Such discs cost much less than diamond discs, but they wear out faster. You can use it on white (silicate) bricks, paving stones, slate. They can no longer take concrete, as well as tiles, for which a diamond disc is simply needed to cut. Note that the Bosch stone circle costs about 100 rubles, meadows – 40 rubles, the difference between them is noticeable.
Diamond wheels are classified into 3 types: dry, wet and combined. Such discs are made of iron, with a diamond layer applied to them around the circumference..
For dry cutting (segmented).
It is divided into segments along the entire circumference, thanks to which there is a much better cooling of the circle. Of course, you know that when cutting a stone, the cutting dick heats up very much, so it is necessary that it cool. By the way, you can cut with a diamond blade for no more than 2 minutes continuously, so the diamonds will not fail. In such a circle, they saw red brick, white silicate, paving stones. The main purpose is concrete sawing. Of course, they can also cut tiles, but it is better to use a wet cutting disc for it..
Wet cutting disc.
Solid diamond wheel, the wheel is cooled with water. Most often they are used on special tile cutters – electric machines with water supply. Ceramic tiles and porcelain stoneware are sawn on them. For an angle grinder, there are also such circles, they are sawing tiles, which are pre-moistened with water.
Angle Grinder Sizes – Inner Diameter (Fit) 22 mm
For tile cutters – fit 2 types, 22 mm and 25.4 mm.
Combined diamond cut-off wheel dry / wet – “Turbo” series.
A universal diamond wheel with which you can cut any stone. It has proven itself excellently when cutting tiles “dry”, cuts brick, concrete and other stone like clockwork. Cooling is due to the wave-like structure of the disc.
Let’s figure out which diamond circles are better, because it often happens that you bought a circle and hope that it will last for a long time, but after a short period of time it no longer saws. Discs, just like power tools, are professional and household.
Disks are inexpensive, for home
You need to saw off a piece of brick or cut off a couple of tiles – for this, discs for household use. Quite good options for the firm “Zubr”, “Sparta”, “Tsentroinstrument”. Their diamond quality is not bad, if you use such a circle infrequently, for domestic purposes, then it will last for a long time. The most important thing is to use the diamond correctly, namely, you cannot cut metal, you cannot work continuously for a long time. If the circle does not cut, it is necessary to “open” the diamonds by making several cuts on fireclay (yellow) or red bricks. , 115-125 mm – 150-200 rubles.
If you have a production, even a small one, household discs will not last long, so you need to think about purchasing a professional tool. The price for them is high, about 3-4 times higher than for household ones. However, the durability is also impressive. I remember that when I was working as an engraver-stonecutter, we sawed granite all season in one circle, every day. And he survived. There was that circle of DISTAR – the coolest, in my opinion, professional diamond discs. Therefore, if you have a production, you are engaged in laying tiles, paving stones and, by the nature of your activity, saw stone every day, then it is difficult to find a better choice than Distar discs. I definitely recommend.
Approximate. Note that they have a clear gradation of discs – there are purely marble, granite, porcelain stoneware, ceramic tiles, refractory, concrete, reinforced concrete. So everyone will find a disc specifically for his work. And this is very important, because if you use the disk for its intended purpose, then its service life is significantly extended. Well, the standard sizes of disks from the company Distar are simply super – starting from 115 mm for a small angle grinder and ending with large circles for machine tools and wall chasers – sizes 350 and 400 mm.
Also, as an alternative, you can try Bosch circles, they are also praised.
I think my review will help you choose the right diamond cut for your needs, and the recommendations will extend the life of the wheel. Happy cutting))
Diamond blades for cutting natural and artificial stone are thicker than previous models. Most often, they are equipped with incisions designed to remove excess temperatures. The best disc options for concrete and stone:
- BOSCH 2608603241 – a German manufacturer produces products in sets of 10 pieces, diamond dusting is applied in 3 layers;
- PRACTICE 030-771 – a domestic manufacturer with improved cooling and a pleasant price;
- HUSQVARNA 5748362-03 – Swedish brand for professional tools.
Also, when choosing, you should pay attention to the design for removing dust, since dust often interferes with work and creates many problems when cutting stone.
The most budgetary option when working with wood is to set a circle from a circular of the appropriate size. But this violates all safety rules when working with the tool. On special discs for cutting wood chips are applied, which not only allows you to cut wood well, but also overcomes a nail in the wood, which the master might not have noticed.
The best option for woodworking is the modern 3-fluted disc.
When choosing a disc for metal, you need to pay attention first of all to the dimensions. The size of both the disc itself and its thickness are important. Abrasive discs for cutting and grinding metal are usually thinner. The most effective for cutting are discs with a thickness of 1-1.2 mm. Since thin discs have large elastic parameters, they can smooth out master errors or shaft runout due to slight bends..
Metal model options:
- Hitachi PowerTools. All discs from this manufacturer comply with GOST and are clearly marked with dimensions and purpose..
- Luga Abrasiv Extra. These discs are well-deservedly popular with metal craftsmen. This is a recognizable brand not only in our country, but all over the world. Official products pass all tests and are reliable and fast..
- Rhodius ALPHA. Passed a successful speed check and also detects a quality cut. Fully compliant with GOST.
All robust metal discs are made from a special material, with a minimum level of wear.
The best discs for an angle grinder: which are more reliable?
An angle grinder, better known as an “angle grinder”, is an indispensable tool in everyday life, during repairs and construction. Therefore, the choice of discs for this tool is very important. It is necessary that the disc matches the material, and also be reliable in operation, since the angle grinder is one of the most traumatic tools.
For ceramic tiles
There are several blade options for cutting ceramic tiles and porcelain stoneware. You should immediately abandon stone ones, since their only advantage is an affordable price..
Steel blades are robust and durable, and are available in dry and wet cutting and combination models. These blades are diamond-coated, making them suitable for the hardest materials. There are several types of ceramic tile attachments:
- Segmented dry cutter. Works without water cooling, but the master needs to take a break for 20-30 seconds to cool the steel.
- Solid dry cutters. More reliable and non-chipping option. In addition to cuts, it can process the edge of the tile with the side of the disc.
- Combined. Between segmented and solid models in quality and reliability.
For fine work with tiles, it is better to use discs with a thickness of no more than 1.5 mm.
Universal diamond discs can work on any material: tiles, ferrous and non-ferrous metal, plastic, wood, concrete. A turbo blade is best for cutting at high angular speeds..
For rough cleaning of the surface, roughing discs are suitable, which are most often used for cleaning ferrous metal from corrosion.
When choosing a disc for an angle grinder, you should pay attention to the material to be processed, the size of the disc and its thickness..