Hydraulic press for service stations
In car service stations, individual repairs can only be carried out using a hydraulic press. The tasks of the automotive press include:
- installation and dismantling of bearings, bushings, washers, and other parts that need to be pressed in;
- work related to stamping and calibration;
- bodywork and repair work where a change in the configuration of a metal part is required. Production of alignment, straightening or bending, that is, giving the required shape.
Hydraulic press for car service
In most cases, a press for a workshop has a manual control or an automatic drive. Such units have the following layout:
- the movement of the working piston occurs from top to bottom;
- the creation of the required pressure in the working cylinder is carried out manually or with the help of a connected compressor. The second method significantly increases the speed of the entire unit;
- functionally these are multi-position presses. There is a possibility of additional installation of various attachments. This significantly expands the number of operations performed.
The main technical characteristics include the permissible maximum force (it usually varies from five to twenty tons) and the size of the piston stroke. The first parameter allows you to determine the capabilities of the press to work with what thickness of parts you can work with. The second parameter determines the dimensions of the processed parts.
Sometimes at service stations, in repair shops, private garages, so-called tabletop models of hydraulic presses are used. Such presses are subject to the same requirements as stationary ones, taking into account their location and structural layout.
When operating a hydraulic press in a workshop, one should take into account the imposed restrictions on the dimensions of the processed parts and the actual dimensions of the room itself where the press is installed. Therefore, to optimize the working space at a service station or in a garage, a hydraulic press is used, which has small geometric dimensions and weight.
Classification of hydraulic presses
All hydraulic presses are structurally composed of parts for the same purpose. The principal difference is the way of increasing the pressure of the working fluid (usually the so-called industrial oil). In modern presses, this process takes place in two ways: manually (for small presses this is done using manual structures), using an automatic drive (for stationary high-power presses).
In the metalworking literature, presses are classified according to the following distinctive features:
- technical purpose: for compression (direct) pressing or injection (transfer) pressing;
- frame structure. They are of two types: column or frame;
- the level of automation (with manual control, semi-automatic or fully automatic control);
- the direction of the applied force: in the horizontal direction, strictly vertically or at a predetermined angle;
- the location of the working cylinder in the press structure: located in the lower part of the press or in the upper part;
- number of permissible pressing positions: in one position or multi-station presses.
Homemade hydraulic press
In addition to the layout, the classification is carried out according to the following technical parameters:
- weight fully loaded;
- the size of the piston stroke;
- power (amount of force generated)
- the presence of sensors and measuring instruments in the construction of the press, for example, a manometer;
- characteristics of the bed used (shape, location, material).
DIY hydraulic press
A hydraulic press belongs to a class of hydraulic machines designed to provide significant pressure on a required surface. Its main advantage is the ability to create such an effort, which is many times greater than the initial impact. In the technical literature, such machines are named after their inventor. Back in 1795, the English inventor Joseph Bram received a patent for this device. This article will show you how to make a hydraulic press with your own hands.
The term “press” is rather arbitrary. In modern industry, these machines solve a large number of important technical problems. Due to the powerful applied force, the parts are pressed and stamped. At service stations, bearings are pressed out. In the processing industries, liquids are squeezed out of various crops. The application of this hydraulic principle is not limited to pressing tasks. In addition to industrial presses, there are many similar machines that solve simpler, but no less important tasks, for example, a press for a car service. Hydraulic jacks and lifters allow you to lift multi-ton loads, hydraulic clamps allow you to fix parts for subsequent processing. Small presses are used in car workshops and private garages.
The popularity of such mechanisms is due to the fact that with the help of a relatively simple device it is possible to obtain huge compression energy.
The principle of operation of any hydraulic mechanism (including the press) is based on one of the basic laws of hydrodynamics. Pascal’s Law. In accordance with this law, the pressure of a liquid or gas is distributed evenly over all points of the inner surface of the vessel in which there is.
If a surface that can move as one wall in a vessel is used, the liquid will exert pressure on it, and it will begin to move. In presses, such a surface is made in the form of a piston. The magnitude of the force acting on the piston, all other things being equal, will be determined by the surface area of the piston. The larger the surface area of the piston, the greater the magnitude of the force acting on it. This effect allows for significant gains in net strength. This physical law makes it possible to implement the hydraulic circuit of the press.
Drawing of Whitworth’s large hydraulic press
Structurally, the hydraulic presses are very similar. They are made in the form of two communicating vessels. Therefore, all physical laws that operate in communicating vessels are applicable to them. If in one of the vessels the liquid level changes towards a decrease, then in the second vessel the liquid level will increase. This will lead to an increase in pressure on all walls of the vessel. In a hydraulic press, this is the pressure on the piston.
To increase the volume of the working fluid in the hydraulic cylinder, a special reservoir is provided in the press design. Since the fluid is under high pressure in a hydraulic press, a special safety system is provided. It includes two valves: a discharge valve and a shut-off valve.
DIY hydraulic press for home
For many who like to repair their car on their own, engage in self-employment in car repair, or just do something useful for the house, summer cottage, garden plot, it becomes necessary to have a small hydraulic press among their tools.
A homemade garage press will help the car enthusiast to replace bearings and silent blocks. Bend metal parts, glue, make briquettes, squeeze out oil and various liquids. For this, a hydraulic manual press, a manual metal press, a press from a hydraulic jack can be used. A garage press is easy enough to make with your own hands. Such a press can be hydraulic or mechanical. According to the form of execution, homemade can be desktop, floor, mini press, screw. If you plan to carry out only simple work, it is advisable to make a simple manual press. To do this, you can use a simplified hydraulic circuit and a not very massive design of the machine.
Even a simple manual hydraulic press made in an industrial setting is quite expensive. Therefore, many home craftsmen are trying to make a press in the garage with their own hands. Usually they try to make a press with a jack with their own hands. Costs are determined by the price of the materials required.
Homemade hydraulic press designs can be divided into two categories. With vertical and horizontal position of the used jack. Therefore, in the drawings, it is necessary to design the structure taking into account the selected layout scheme. The operating experience of such self-made units shows that it is most advisable to use a jack that has a manual hydraulic pump. It is better to choose it from the factory. And they try to choose a car jack made by a well-known and proven company. This will ensure the reliability and durability of the entire unit. It is most advisable to use jacks, the so-called bottle type.
The next step is the drawing of the hydraulic press. A decision is made according to what scheme the future unit will operate. If a vertical layout is chosen, you need to decide where the jack will be fixed. It can be located either at the bottom of the bed or at the top. The bottom location simplifies the system of its fastening to the bed. The top location, on the contrary, requires a more thorough study of the fastening system to ensure reliability and safety during operation.
When choosing a circuit design, you must familiarize yourself with the requirements of the manufacturer, the operating conditions of the selected jack. For most of the manufactured jacks, the position of the jack is allowed only with the rod upwards. The use of a different layout scheme is prohibited. The horizontal version is used in presses designed for the repair of automotive components.
For any type of layout, the main supporting element is a strong bed. Before making it, it is necessary to carefully develop a drawing, providing all the necessary details. To ensure high strength and reliability, it is welded from rolled steel.
During operation, the entire frame is subject to heavy loads, both vertically and horizontally. In accordance with the specifics of its work, the jack creates a powerful multidirectional effort. It simultaneously applies pressure to the top and bottom of the frame. Therefore, it is advisable to calculate the frame, select the required material, ensure the quality of welding, taking into account the required margin of stability and strength.
The permissible internal frame size, that is, the distance from the bottom point of the bed to the top flange, is the sum of the parameters that are set for the following parts:
- jack length (determined by the specified characteristics of the manufacturer);
- maximum piston free stroke;
- the maximum permissible size for the height of the workpieces;
- estimated dimensions of the parts to be glued.
The chosen design of the hydraulic press determines the relative position of the jack and the fastening system. In the first scheme, the jack is attached to the bottom of the bed. The system of fastening parts is on top It turns out a vertical hydraulic press. In the second scheme, on the contrary. the jack is attached from above, and the fastening system from below.
To ensure a quick return of the press to its original state, two springs are provided. Each of them is attached to the base from below with one end. The other end is fixed on top of a movable platform. The stiffness of both springs must be high enough. In addition, they must be of the same length and equal in terms of the coefficient of elasticity. This is necessary to avoid distortions while driving.
The experience of using home-made presses in various conditions has shown that in order to expand the functionality and increase the ease of operation, it is advisable to provide for the adjustment of the free stroke of the piston of the jack used. For this purpose, in some devices, an additional plate equipped with a manual drive is attached to the upper part of the frame. This allows it to move freely and increase the permissible size of the workpieces.
If you have sufficient experience in plumbing work, an additional removable stop is made. Its position is fixed inside the frame. The most convenient connection is considered to be using bolts and nuts. In addition, to expand functionality, a set of replaceable inserts of various thicknesses and configurations is made.
Next, the base of the entire structure is mounted. Usually it is made from a channel. Then a prepared steel plate is applied to the resulting rectangular frame and welded. Next, proceed to welding the frame itself. The upper part is welded together and the side posts are welded to it. Upon completion of the assembly, the frame structure will have a U-shape. The accuracy of the design is checked using a measuring tool. The geometric dimensions must be strictly observed and the given shape must be observed. Right angles should be formed at the weld points. This will ensure the rigidity of the structure. Preservation of geometric dimensions and proportions ensures safety during operation. The resulting structure is carefully welded to the prepared bed.
Then proceed to the manufacture of a movable platform. It is made from a channel. To maintain an accurate translational movement, guides are attached to the frame. They are made from two steel strips. The size of each strip is selected based on the width of the press frame itself. Both are attached to the sides of the platform, for example with bolts.
At the last stage of the assembly, the jack is fixed. As noted above, special nests have been prepared for this. Such an assembly scheme is convenient in that it makes it easy to remove the inserted jack. For example, to repair a hydraulic press, to use it for its intended purpose or to carry out preventive maintenance.
The proposed assembly method involves a large number of welding operations. If you yourself cannot produce them efficiently, it is better to seek help from a specialist. It is the quality of welding of all parts that will ensure the reliability and safety of the independently assembled hydraulic press.
If technologically everything is assembled correctly, it is necessary to conduct trial tests on sparing modes. Only after checking can you begin to fully operate the assembled hydraulic press.
Tools and materials for manufacturing
For the manufacture of a hydraulic press that can serve as a reliable assistant, ordinary tools will be required, and not scarce materials:
Angle Grinder Hacks,How to Make a Mini garden Tiller. | DIY
- welding machine (factory or homemade);
- a tool for cutting metal (this can be a hand saw or a grinder, the so-called angle grinder);
- hydraulic jack (better than factory version);
- metal of the required profile, thickness and dimensions;
- powerful springs that will act as a return mechanism.
Homemade manual hydraulic press
The material for the frame of such a press must be rolled metal:
- steel sheet. The base of the press is made from it, so the thickness should be at least 8 mm;
- steel strip. It is necessary for the manufacture of guides. In addition, such a strip can be useful to create stiffening ribs, if required. Its thickness is chosen in 10 mm;
- rectangular or square channels;
- metal corner. It is advisable to use a corner with a shelf size of at least 50 mm;
- a small piece of metal pipe. It is necessary for the manufacture of special sockets that will secure the jack.
Therefore, in order to take up the manufacture of a hydraulic press at home, you must have the skills to work with metal processing, own the simplest welding techniques, and have experience in assembling metal structures. If you put everything together correctly, the press will be a good helper in your work in the garage or in the country.
Positive and negative sides of the hydraulic device
Before making a jack with your own hands, you should consider all its pros and cons. The advantages of a hydraulic device include the following indicators:
- the device is unpretentious in maintenance and operation at a fairly high power rating;
- smooth running of the working rod, reliable fixation of the load at the desired height, braking accuracy;
- high efficiency (up to 80%) and lifting capacity (over 150 tons).
The disadvantages of using the hydraulic model include a high initial lifting height, the problem of the accuracy of the lowering position regulation, a decent price and a rather large weight. Store and transport the device only vertically, otherwise the working fluid may leak out.
Despite the fact that an inflatable jack is one of the most elementary in terms of operation, its use requires compliance with certain precautions.
To prevent the unit from flying out from under the car, it must be installed correctly. Before installing a new pneumatic device, it is advisable to pump it out once without load, after which it descends and itself is laid down accordingly. To protect the jack from damage, it is better to lay a rug on the floor.
For the manufacture of the working chamber of the device, materials based on PVC are suitable. At sub-zero temperatures, such a structure hardens and becomes rough. According to experts, the optimal operating temperature is up to.10 degrees.
The pneumatic version lifts the load due to the compressive force of the air mass. Such modifications work from connection to additional equipment or from the exhaust of the car. The air mass enters the chamber. Thanks to the compression and increase in volume, the car rises. The advantage of the models is that you do not need to make any special efforts, and if there is a compressor unit, the process takes a few seconds.
A mechanical jack for a car means putting it into operation by rotating or twisting a special handle. Such modifications have a low price and compact size.
The principle of hydraulics is similar to the mechanical version. The difference lies in facilitating the process of pumping out the working part of the jack, due to the presence of liquid in the working system. Such modifications have a long service life.
A mechanical jack with an electric drive operates from the mains supply, all the main work of the device is carried out by electricity. The advantages of the device are undeniable, however, it must be connected to an outlet.
Hydraulic lifting device
It is quite possible to make a hydraulic jack with your own hands. It is based on a body, the main bearing function is performed by a retractable piston and a working fluid (oil). Variations of the fixture can be made with a shortened or elongated steel frame. The housing is a reservoir for oil and a guide cylinder for the piston.
A special adjusting screw with a lifting heel is screwed into the plunger; if necessary, the maximum lifting height can be increased. Such a device is equipped with a hydraulic pump with a manual, foot or air type drive.
The working mechanism and the sliding cylinder are located in the openings of the frame. The unit is lowered by turning the T-handle. Some units are equipped with polyamide wheels for easy maneuverability. Safety valves ensure operational safety.
How to make a jack yourself?
To build a jack with your own hands, not much material and effort is required. The following parts must be selected:
- used cushion from the truck;
- suitable bolt;
- ball element;
- wheel VAZ lock;
- drill as the main tool.
The structure is assembled from the presented elements. A bolt is screwed into the hole in the pillow. First, you need to make a socket for the fitting from the camera.
A wheel bolt from a VAZ is used as a valve, in which a hole is drilled. At the next stage, the existing elements are connected after a ball is installed in the hole, which will serve for air intake.
Features of the
For the practical implementation of this device, a special pump is required. The inflatable jack is installed under the bottom of the vehicle. For safety reasons, it is advisable to use a wooden stand that will interact directly with the machine.
This mechanism has one significant drawback. Since the cargo cushion is of decent size, a low-slung vehicle will need to be raised first to install the device in question. If you attach a trolley with wheels to the bottom of such units, you will get homemade rolling jacks for cars.
Pneumatic device characteristics
There are three main criteria by which a homemade inflatable jack is assessed:
- Loading capacity indicator. To ensure safe operation, this value must exceed the weight of the vehicle. For a passenger car, a performance of about two tons will be enough, the maintenance of heavier cars requires a carrying capacity of at least 2.5 tons.
- Pickup height. This aspect plays an important role if the vehicle has a low ground clearance. The optimal indicator is a value of at least 100 mm.
- Rise level. A homemade pneumatic type jack has a height of no more than 500 mm. This stock is quite enough for changing wheels and some other work, a rigging unit connected to a compressor allows you to raise a car up to 70-80 cm.
Definitely, when choosing a jack and its manufacture, first of all, you need to focus on your car, the conditions of its operation and storage.
DIY jack. Types of jacks, manufacturing features
A jack is a device that should be located both in the trunk of a car and for a motorist in the garage. At the same time, it is better to choose the second option more massive with universal functionality and a high load-carrying capacity. These characteristics are 100% consistent with a pneumatic jack, which will not be difficult to do with your own hands.
Homemade variator for tiller
The variator allows you to smoothly change the speed without sudden jerks, saves fuel by transmitting torque. Tiller motors are often used as a generator to provide electricity to living quarters, local areas, and also to operate lathes.
A homemade variator can be made in different ways, the easiest is to use a ready-made variator, which can be altered for a specific tiller. Another way is to use finished parts from gearboxes and other mechanisms. Also, parts can be made independently, subject to the availability of special equipment (hot stamping is required for discs). Diagrams and videos for creating parts and assembling pulleys are easy to find on the Internet.
You can make a variator from wheel hubs, the main thing is to make a hole diameter suitable for the crankshaft. In addition to pulleys for the variator, a belt is needed, which is one of the most important parts. The belt must be strong and all parts of the variator must be regularly lubricated.
Improvement of the undercarriage
The first thing that tiller users think about is how to make a cart with a seat for it. The use of equipment in a normal mode with the use of levers involves the application of great physical efforts. However, the use of a trailer reduces the stability of the vehicle. This problem can be eliminated by expanding the wheelbase. This is done using extension cords that are attached to the axle shaft with pins or bolts. Having solved the problem with stability, the operator is faced with another question: the unit is poorly controlled. The tiller differential helps give it good maneuverability. This device is made by analogy with the nodes of cars. Homemade unlockers for tiller are made using ordinary household tools. an angle grinder, welding and a grinder.
The low weight of the tiller is the reason for the poor grip of the wheels. Slipping is common when picking up virgin soil, working on wet ground, or driving on snow. To avoid slippage, weights are attached to the tillers.
These devices are categorized as follows:
- Wheeled. They are discs that are mounted on wheels or hubs. Discs are made monolithic from metal, concrete or hollow, filled with sand. The weight of the wheel weights can be 30-70kg.
- External. They are made of any heavy material (steel, lead, concrete). Attached to the body with hooks or bolts. Some craftsmen weld a frame from a corner to the body. Sandbags, bricks, scrap metal and other heavy objects are placed in it.
You can improve the permeability of the tiller by installing lugs. The easiest way to make lugs is to make a rim from a strip of metal and weld the blades onto it. The rim diameter should be larger than the rims and smaller than the tires. Fitting the rim is carried out with the tires flat. After the lug is installed, the wheel is inflated.
You can improve the transmission by installing a homemade variator on the engine. The system of belts and discs will allow you to smoothly change the speed of the unit, without jerking and vibration.
What homemade products for a tiller can be made with your own hands: amazing inventions and adaptations
Homemade products for the tiller are invented and manufactured by almost all owners of this technique. The purpose of these actions is to expand the functionality of the unit with minimal financial investment. In the basic configuration, the cultivator has extremely limited capabilities. Installing various options on it can turn a small car into a full-fledged mini-tractor. Often, home-made devices are in no way inferior to factory-made counterparts. In order to improve the tiller with your own hands, a set of tools that are available in every workshop of a country house or summer cottage is quite enough. The materials you need can be found in a junkyard, in a barn, or at a scrap metal collection point.
Homemade products to Tiller Neva
Attached and trailed equipment significantly expands the functionality of the trailers. Some equipment is included, such as cutters, but the rest must be purchased. If you purchase the entire arsenal of additional devices for the Tiller Neva, then it will be too expensive, therefore, homemade products and inventions from improvised means are so in demand.
What adaptations for a tiller can be made at home?
- Adapters, trolleys
There are detailed articles and videos on the Internet on how to make these devices. Also an important improvement for the tiller is the muffler. It comes out of the box as part of the exhaust system, but does not always cope with noise suppression. You can make a quiet muffler according to this scheme:
The dump is a necessary device that is needed at any time of the year. The front knife is used to clean snow, plan the area, dig holes and move bulk materials. Such equipment for the Neva tiller is of good quality, but not everyone can afford it. Do-it-yourself dumps require minimal financial investment. By installing the front knife on the Neva tiller, you can solve many household tasks. With levers and hydraulics, a homemade shovel can also be used as a loader.
To make a blade, you will need the following tools:
- welding machine;
- electric drill;
- Angle Grinder;
- acrylic paint;
- barrel 200 l;
- reinforced rubber;
- sheet steel 5 mm;
- profile pipe 40×20 mm;
- paint and brush;
- bolts and ties.
Before making a dump, it is necessary to calculate the correspondence of the power of the tiller to the size of the bucket. Excessive loading leads to rapid wear of parts and mechanisms of the unit. Depending on the weight and power of the machine, shovels are made 60-100 cm wide and 20-30 cm high.
DIY snow removal homemade products for the tiller are made in the following sequence:
- Marking the barrel, sawing it into 3 identical parts vertically. Cutting 1 piece into strips 5 cm wide.
- Fastening 2 blanks with bitumen and rivets. Aligning the edges of the product. Bucket reinforcement with transverse struts.
- Fastening of sheet metal strips along the edges of the shovel. This is done with welding or bolts.
- Drilling bolt holes. Attaching a rubber strip to the bottom of the bucket.
- Shovel hitch making. It is done by attaching a piece of pipe and a semicircle of sheet metal to the blade by welding. Holes are made on the sector to adjust the angle of attack. A self-made snow removal device is attached to the tiller bracket with an adapter from a profile pipe.
The finished product needs to be cleaned and painted. All bolted connections must be lubricated regularly to prevent corrosion.
tiller do it yourself
The advantage of a homemade tiller is in its price. If it is assembled with high quality, then its characteristics will not be inferior to the factory ones.
It is necessary to determine which area will be cultivated by the tiller, and what features the soil has. It depends on how much power the engine should be.
The motor will fit from other agricultural equipment (from a chainsaw), but in this case it is necessary to supplement it with a forced cooling system. You also need to create a frame to which the engine, wheels, handle will be attached.
information on how to make a tiller with your own hands can be found here:
Reducing unit noise
Even the most modern and expensive cultivators make a lot of noise during operation, especially at high speeds. This factor greatly tires the operator and can serve as a reason for the deterioration of relations with neighbors. A homemade muffler will help to solve the problem. This is a task that is within the reach of any craftsman with initial skills in handling iron.
In order to make a muffler for a tiller with your own hands, you will need the following tools and materials:
- welding machine;
- Angle Grinder;
- electric drill;
- aluminum clamp;
- stainless steel 2 mm thick;
- metal shavings.
Having collected everything you need, you can begin to improve the exhaust system.
This is done in the following sequence:
- Make 2 tubes of oval section from stainless steel. The diameter of the pipes should differ by 1-1.5 cm. Fasten the pipe joints with a welding machine.
- In a pipe with a smaller diameter, make a maximum number of holes with a diameter of 8 mm. Wrap it with metal shavings. Coil up the shavings with steel wire.
- Insert the smaller pipe into the larger one. Fix them in position with steel bars and welding.
- Attach the muffler to the exhaust pipe and secure with a hose clamp.
The noise level after such an improvement will decrease several times. The service life of a homemade muffler will be at least 5 years. So, being content with little, you can significantly improve the conditions for agricultural and other work using a tiller.
Making a field sprayer for a tiller
A homemade sprayer for a tiller is necessary in cases where the area of cultivated crops exceeds 20 acres. It is very difficult to do such work manually, it can take a whole day. Mechanizing this process will save a lot of time and effort.
To make a sprayer you will need:
- welding machine;
- Angle Grinder;
- electric drill;
- soldering iron for polypropylene pipes;
- shaped or round water pipes;
- plastic or steel barrel with a capacity of 80-100 liters;
- wide pneumatic wheels;
- plastic pipes;
- rubber hose;
- nozzles or nipples from wheel tubes.
The assembly of a homemade sprayer is carried out in the following sequence:
- Frame manufacturing. Its dimensions are adjusted to the size of the container. The chassis is attached to the frame. For good cross-country ability, at least 4 wheels are required. In the absence of wheels, wide skids are made of aluminum.
- The container is installed and fixed on the frame. For this, spacers and ties are used. Holes are made in the tank for the supply of high pressure hoses. The filler neck is sealed.
- A bracket for the pump is being manufactured. A model is selected that works from a power take-off shaft (belt drive) or from electricity (tiller generator).
- The watering system is being assembled. A durable holder is made of steel profiles. Plastic pipes are attached to it with clamps or plastic ties. Overpressure relief valve and nozzles are being installed.
- All parts are connected together, the quality of the fasteners is checked, the tightness of the joints. The tank is filled with water, the unit is tested in various modes, the final adjustment and adjustment is carried out.
A self-made sprayer will fully justify the effort invested in the first season. Thanks to this device, spraying and watering the garden will be done quickly and efficiently.
Do-it-yourself multifunctional trailer for a tiller: stages of work, video instruction
Having decided on the dimensions and sketching a drawing, you should calculate how many meters of rolled metal and how many channels will be needed to make a homemade trailer. This is necessary in order to protect yourself from unnecessary costs for the purchase of unnecessary parts and fasteners.
Required materials and tools:
- welding machine;
- steel corners 40×40 mm and 50×25 mm;
- timber measuring 50×50 mm;
- boards 20 mm thick;
- cutting pipes of round and rectangular cross-section;
- complete wheels with hub.
The future trailer will consist of four main units connected by welding.
- The frame is assembled from scraps of pipes and corners of 40×40 mm and 50×25 mm and the frame is connected by welding.
- The body is made of 20 mm planks, the nodes of which are then sheathed with steel corners.
- With the help of three supporting beams, the role of which is played by wooden beams, the body is mounted on the trailer frame.
- Wheels are installed on the structure. Before this, it is necessary to sharpen the ends of the axle rod so that its diameter matches the dimensions of the hub bearings. It is necessary to follow the length of the rod. When assembled, the wheels must not protrude beyond the rims of the body.
- Through the corner supports and gussets, the rod is welded to the body of the longitudinal hinge and the side members.
- The trailer will be attached to the tiller using a do-it-yourself console. The lower part of this element is the axis around which the pivot unit rotates. The upper part should be made so that it follows the contours of the hiller holder. The console is attached to the attachment bracket.
- To make the wheels of the trailer work independently of the wheels of the tiller, and make the equipment easy to operate, it is recommended to insert the drawbar into the body of the longitudinal hinge and secure with thrust rings.
The tiller trailer is ready. Now you can fix the footrest and the driver’s seat, from which the equipment will be controlled.
First of all, you need to think about what size the trailer should be so that it fits a certain tiller, and it is convenient to use it. After that, you will need to sketch a drawing or a sketch of the trolley, on which to display the structure from different angles, put down all the dimensions and draw the nodes.
Simple trailer for the “Neva” tiller
To start making a cart with your own hands, you need to prepare the following materials and tools:
- duralumin sheet with a thickness of 2 mm;
- steel sheets with a thickness of 0.8 mm;
- springs and wheels;
- steel pipes 25×25 and 60×30 mm;
- welding machine;
- Angle Grinder.
The trailer frame will be a one-piece structure mounted on a frame grille. For its manufacture, two traverses 25×25 mm must be made transverse and pipes 60×30 mm must be attached to them so that the result is a lattice.
Two longitudinal pipes are welded to the finished lattice, on top of which a 25×25 mm strapping is attached by welding. Sheets of steel will serve as material for the sides, which are cut to the required dimensions and welded.
The turn of the beam has come, for the manufacture of which two channels will be needed. The elements are inserted into each other, after which the wheel axles are put on one of the ends of the resulting part.
The spar is connected by means of springs, the end of which should be put on the beam axle and the shackle axle. Then, the central part of the springs must be welded to the same beam with stepladders.
Last but not least, you need to make a drawbar with your own hands from 60×30 mm pipes. They should be docked and, by welding, one part should be attached to the trailer, and the other to the side members.
A simple tiller trailer is ready. I would like to note that experts recommend using a welding machine to connect its parts. Such a mount will allow you to operate the structure for a long time.
Do-it-yourself trolley trolley: dimensions, drawings, video
Equipment such as a tiller is an excellent assistant when working in the field, garden, country house or farm. To expand the capabilities of the equipment, you can attach a towing device to it and transport soil, garbage, crops, tools and other heavy or bulky goods. You can make a trailer for the tiller with your own hands, spending just a few days on it. The result is an irreplaceable assistant that will facilitate further work.
You need to think over everything to the smallest detail, so that during the assembly of equipment there are no difficulties. To do this, you need to understand:
- screwing, riveting or welding will connect non-separable units and parts;
- how axles, bearings, bushings, hinges will be connected;
- which seat is better to install (simple or rotating);
- from what to make an emphasis on the legs for the parking;
- Do you need a tipping body, to which you will have to add a mechanical tipper or a self-dumping unit with a special handle;
- which unit of attachment to the tiller to select (on bearings, bushings or articulated).
Having dealt with all these questions, you can start preparing a list of necessary materials and calculating the approximate cost of the future trailer.
Homemade trailer to the tiller from car parts
Having drawn up a drawing in advance and prepared the necessary materials and tools, you can assemble such a trailer with your own hands in 1-2 days.
For work you will need:
- front axle shafts from Zhiguli or Moskvich;
- channel 65 mm along the body length;
- corners 60×60 mm;
- two pipes 2 m long;
- one pipe 60×40 mm, 3-5 m long;
- welding machine.
The bearing part of the structure will be the axle, which is made from a channel. Its length depends on the length of the future trailer. On both sides of the channel, the axle shafts from the car are connected by welding. Profile pipes are installed on top:
- One pipe is centered. She will act as a drawbar. Its length must be selected in accordance with the dimensions of the hitch.
- Two-meter pipes are laid along the edges of the channel, in the place where it meets the ends of the axle shafts. As a result, the channel joint must divide each pipe in half.
- Short pipes are laid parallel to each other and fastened perpendicularly with corners.
To ensure the structure of strength and rigidity, profile corners or pipes should be pulled from the front corners of the trolley. Joints can be bolted or welded.
The trailer frame is ready. Now you can install on it a simple wooden body made with your own hands, a seat and attach it to the drawbar.
After watching the video instructions and studying the article, you can understand that in order to make a trailer for a tiller with your own hands, you do not need to be a designer or mechanic. To implement the plan, you will need a drawing, the necessary tools, materials and a little desire and free time.