Making a trailer for a tiller: 4 DIY options
It is difficult to overestimate the need for a trailer for a tiller in a private household. It can be useful for many things: transporting seedlings and harvested crops, as well as the necessary tools and even garbage. Having spent just a few days making a trailer for a tiller with your own hands, you can greatly facilitate your work in the future.
Heavy tiller. How to make a trailer from car parts
a heavy-duty tiller, for example “Zirka”, is equipped with a high-quality, inexpensive hitch made of auto parts. Time for assembly according to a pre-drawn drawing and prepared parts is 1-2 days.
Materials and parts for the trailer:
- Channel 65 mm along the body length.
- Front axle shafts from “Moskvich” or “Zhiguli”.
- Profile pipe 60×40 mm. Length 3.5 m. Quantity 1 unit.
- Pipes 2 m long. Quantity 2 units.
- Corners 60×60 mm.
- Welding machine.
The main bearing part will be an axle made of a channel. Its length is chosen at the discretion, depending on the expected width of the body. The front axle shafts from the car are welded to the channel on both sides. Profile pipes are laid on top according to the following scheme:
- One pipe is placed exactly in the center. Length of the section from the axle to the rear of the trailer = 1 m, the length at the front = 2.5 m.
- Along the edges of the channel, at the junction of its end with the semiaxes, two-meter pipes are laid. The joint of the channel should divide each of them in half.
- Pipes are laid parallel to each other.
- The ends of short pipes are fastened perpendicularly with corners.
The long center tube acts as a drawbar. The length is adjustable in accordance with the dimensions of the hitch. Profile pipes or corners are extended from the front corners of the trailer, providing the structure with rigidity and strength. Joints are welded or bolted.
The simplest wooden body with a seat for the driver is installed on the finished frame, the towing device is attached to the drawbar.
The box is equipped with staples, similar to hinges. If necessary, a homemade awning is attached to the hinges.
A self-made trailer for a tiller will not be in vain. Funds for the purchase of auxiliary and main parts will have to be allocated. Not all materials can be found in the subsidiary farm. To compare the costs of your own production and the costs of purchasing a new factory trailer, make an estimate. Enter all expense items in it. At the end of home production, sum up and get satisfaction from your ability to do useful, necessary things, with profitable savings for the family budget.
- Characteristics and cost of industrial trailer trailers
- Tiller trailer preliminary drawings
- Manufacturing and assembly of the undercarriage of a homemade trailer
- The material and design of the frame of a homemade trailer
- What can be used to make a frame for a trailer truck
- Average tillers. Homemade trailers made of rolled metal. Step-by-step assembly instructions
- Heavy tiller. How to make a trailer from car parts
The material and design of the frame of a homemade trailer
The frame serves as the main supporting structure. It is necessary to calculate all dimensions and constituent elements according to the drawing, with high accuracy, with the exception of any inaccuracies arising from sawing, joining channels, pipes and corners.
Simple, lightweight, sturdy frame made of 60 x 30 mm rectangular tube. It will form the supporting structure. The role of the traverse will be performed by steel squares measuring 25 x 25 mm. For reliability, all elements are welded together and reinforced with several diameters, leaving protrusions above the side members. For racks, a pair of pipes are welded longitudinally to the front of the outlets on both sides of the structure. The upper straps of pipes with a cross section of 25 mm are welded to the posts.
The material of the supporting frame is selected according to characteristics capable of providing the conditions for strength and rigidity, to prevent deformation of the structure under the maximum permissible load. The frame for a self-made trailer for a light type tiller is made of any available material: a metal corner, a steel pipe with a rectangular, circular cross-section.
The medium power tiller trailer is made on a frame, using the following elements:
- brace 20×20.
- corner 20×20 for the driver’s seat
- uprights for the seat from the corner 40×40.
- front struts made of 40×20 pipe.
- frame strapping profile from corner 40×40.
- corner 32×32 for wheel axle strut.
- back braces from a pipe 40×20.
- transverse amplifier from corner 40 × 40.
- axial rod 30 mm.
- solid triangle.
The intricate design of the frame will provide an excess margin of safety and will allow you to transport heavy, bulky goods and materials in the body. It is worth making a frame of a reinforced structure in the case of frequent off-road use of a loaded trailer. Welding machine. It will be needed to firmly connect all parts. Self-tapping screws in this case will not be able to give the structure strength and durability.
How to make a trailer for a tiller and cultivator with your own hands?
Most farmers, summer residents and other people who have their own plots are very helpful in their work with tillers and mini-harvesters. These compact representatives of a fairly wide class of agricultural technology can significantly facilitate and speed up the implementation of most of the basic and most complex land works.
The needs and, accordingly, the criteria for choosing tillers for gardeners are different. They depend on the scale of the economy and development plans. Many are trying to buy modern technology, the capabilities of which can be expanded and supplemented over time. It should be said that manufacturers also keep the needs of the market at the forefront and release basic models in a standard configuration, to which you can subsequently buy various types of attachments.
In most cases, when buying trailers, it is meant to use them for the transportation of goods, which is really very convenient. When processing large areas, there is a need for the removal or transportation of soil, fertilizers, harvested vegetables and plants. To do this, you should buy special carts or trailers for tilers. After equipping agricultural machinery with such additional equipment, it becomes even more multifunctional and it becomes possible to: bring feed, building materials, take out garbage both on the site and over longer distances.
The advantages of making a trailer for a tiller with your own hands
often the products are of poor quality;
the price is sometimes overpriced;
difficult to find the right parameters.
The most important criterion when choosing is the purpose for which the trailer will be used in the future. For example, what is planned to be transported, how much weight the cargo will have and what distance of transportation is planned. Understanding these points, you can start creating a trailer with your own hands. All work should be divided into stages:
development of the project and outline plan of the product;
drawing up an estimate or a list of all the necessary parts and mechanisms;
miscalculation of the cost and purchase of everything that is needed for work;
installation of the trailer device.
All designers know that the more detailed and thoroughly the details are drawn on the drawing, which means that all the nuances are thought out, the easier and faster the assembly goes. The structure should be drawn several times in different axes and from different viewing angles. For accuracy, the numbers of all parts should be indicated for further displaying them in the estimate. If the project contains complex prefabricated units or parts of non-standard shape, size, then a separate drawing should be made for them. The main attention should be paid to the attachment point of the trailer to the tiller, since it must withstand significant loads. Also, with a detailed design, it will be easy to assess the complexity, volume and duration of work. If you have any difficulties in self-design, then you should contact professional mechanics who can help with this.
When creating a tiller on your own, the following structural units and parts are usually distinguished:
roomy body (with or without a tipping system);
It is also worth considering the following nuances:
directions of movement in rotary mechanisms and its varieties: bearings, axles and bushings or articulated joints;
the presence of parking stands;
type of connection of the main units: bolts, twisting, welding, riveting;
the possibility of mechanical overturning of the load.
When drawing up a miscalculation and a purchase plan, you should take into account those materials or improvised means that can be used in the construction of the trailer. When creating a trailer for a cultivator with your own hands for a frame, it is quite possible to use pipes with any cross-sectional shape, which are often abundant in most gardeners and summer residents.
When creating drawings, pay attention to the dimensions of the cart. This is an important parameter, the carrying capacity and usability of the trolley depend on it. Usually, the dimensions of the bogies correspond to the following parameters: the length is about 1.5 meters, the width is 1 meter (or slightly wider), and the height is up to 30 cm.The approximate load capacity of such a trailer will be 2.5 c.
Characteristics and cost of industrial trailer trailers
An industrial, ready-made trailer for a tiller is characterized by a lifting capacity of 0.3 t. 1 t and different dimensions. The cart is selected according to the power of the tiller and its technical parameters:
- The trailer with the overall dimensions of the body 1 mx 0.85-1.15 m, with a lifting capacity of 300 kg is designed for light tillers. Body cost from 200 and above.
- Adapters for medium power tillers from 5 HP from. have dimensions 1×1.4-1.5 m, carrying capacity up to 500 kg. Average trailer price from 250.
- For heavy-duty tillers, two-axle trailers are sold with dimensions of 1.2 mx 2-3 m, with a carrying capacity of up to 1000 kg. Cart cost from 500.
It is not difficult to make a trailer for any tiller with your own hands. Next, we will consider all the fundamental points and the manufacturing technology itself.
Hitch and seat
Upon completion of the main work, after fastening all the main components of the structure, you can proceed to the assembly of the remaining parts of the trailer. The most important are the hitch and the seat.
The hitch can be made from 3 pieces of pipe and a trailing mechanism (in our case, this is a tee designed specifically for the tiller hitch unit). This hitch is bolted to the frame. The hitch device is shown in more detail in the diagram below. The seat can be welded on a regular one, for example, from an old car, or you can equip the front of the trailer with a seat-tool box. Its dimensions will depend on the overall trailer design. The main thing is not to use too thin boards and to securely fix the box.
How to make a trailer for a tiller yourself: step by step instructions
tiller is a very useful and multifunctional technique for a private household. With its help, you can perform various work on the land. But also with its help you can carry out the transportation of considerable goods. And for this you need a tiller cart. There are many ready-made trailer models on sale. But their cost and quality are not always satisfactory. How to make a high-quality trailer for a tiller with your own hands, while spending a minimum of funds and efforts, we will tell you in this article.
The body is made of wooden planks or sheet metal. For additional strength, stiffeners should be provided on the sides and bottom. In wooden bodies, the corners are reinforced with metal corners. It is recommended to make the tailgate on hinges, for the possibility of opening (the tailgate will be especially useful for dumping units).
Assembling the frame for the trailer to the tiller
The simplest option for making a frame is to connect a piece of pipe or metal profile to the wheel axle.
This option is suitable for a small trailer, to the frame of which a ready-made body will be attached. For a more reliable and powerful design, you need to weld the frame from round and rectangular pipes and corners.
How to make a trailer for a tiller with your own hands?
Theoretically, a cart for a tiller can be divided into such basic units. wheels, body, frame, hitch. Before starting work, you first need to think over the design to the smallest detail, calculate the dimensions and create drawings. Also pay attention to such points as the connection of solid assemblies and parts (welding, screwing, riveting), the connection of moving assemblies (bushings, bearings, hinges, axle), seat design (simple or adjustable), body functionality (dump truck or static), footrests (platform or footrests), etc.
After you have decided on the project of the future trailer and selected the necessary materials, you need to clean the blanks from rust and dirt, if necessary, cut them off and fit to the drawings, fasten them. Upon completion of the work, it is advisable to paint the trailer.
The step-by-step work on a homemade cart for a tiller is as follows.
Dump trailer for tiller
In order to make your trailer a tipper, when designing the frame, weld the usual door hinges. “droplets” to beams 1 and 2 (shown in the photo below). To avoid tipping the body during driving and loading, it can be secured by welding a latch (such as a door latch) to the edge of the frame. Such a trailer is ideal for such trailer models as Neva MB-1, Neva MB-2, MTZ, Oka and other models of well-known manufacturers.
The wheel axle can also be manufactured by yourself. For this, a steel rod is taken at least 1.07 cm in length and 30 mm in diameter.
The length should be taken into account and adjusted based on the dimensions of the trailer body. Wheels can be selected from old gardening equipment, from a handcart, motorcycle, moped or car. it all depends on the dimensions of the future product. Diagrams of 2 options for fastening the wheel chassis are shown in the figures below.
A single-axle trailer has a significant drawback. a shifted center of gravity. Because of this, the body can overturn, the load in it, or this will completely lead to equipment breakdown. For a large wheelbarrow designed to carry large loads, a two-axle structure should be designed. Basic fixings and parts will remain the same as for the single axle bogie project.
How to make brakes on a trailer to a tiller?
Tiller trailer brakes are required based on safety requirements. After all, it will not always be easy to stop a loaded trailer, especially if there is a slope on the way.
To equip a trailer with brakes yourself, you must first acquire a tool and find such parts from an old motorcycle:
- drum from brakes;
- brake pads;
- spokes from the wheel;
Brakes need to be done on each wheel so that the trailer does not skid when braking.
Before starting the installation, remove the cables from the brake drums and thread them. Slide the grooved drums onto the hubs and secure at the back. Close the resulting space between the ribs of the discs using the spokes. Place the drum on the axle and secure with bushings. To prevent the part from moving, weld a piece of angle to the axis.
After securing the drums, pull the cables to the control point. The place of control is done similarly to the parking brake system of a car (handbrake) from improvised means.
We also suggest that you familiarize yourself with the video, which shows the device of a homemade brake for a trailer to a tiller:
Trailed trolley TPM
This bogie is an improved version of the single axle version. It can be used without an adapter because the seat is installed in front.
Its aggregation height ideally matches the Neva tiller.
Trailed trolley is designed for use in construction, agriculture or summer cottages, where there is a need to transport any type of cargo.
- The maximum lifting capacity of the TPM is 150 kg. And the weight of the structure itself is 100 kg.
- The recommended travel speed is 10 km / h.
- Dimensions are 270 cm long, 125 cm wide and 120 cm high.
- The ground clearance is 30 cm and the track is 1 m.
There is a folding side on the back of the cart, which facilitates the process of loading and unloading.
APM models work only with additional equipment with an adapter.
This is the axle on which the seat and rear hitch are installed for further installation of the trailer. This equipment is used not only with a trailer, but also with many other attachments.
Types and types of towing devices for Neva trailers
Trailed trolley TPM-M
The letter M in the title indicates that this is a trailer trolley TPM M, only modernized.
Engineers reduced the size of the bogie, but the performance remained the same.
This model measures 222 cm long, 112.5 cm wide, 120 cm high. The weight of the improved model is also less. Now he is 85 kg.
Review of trailers for tillers Neva
On the official website of the Neva tiller manufacturer (Krasny Oktyabr plant), several trailer models are presented, which are recommended for use in conjunction with their tillers.
Trailer for tiller DEFINITIVE | CARRETTA-RIMORCHIO per BCS
These options are most common among owners due to their ease of manufacture and cost. After reading on the forums, you can find a large number of different options for assembly.
Here is one of them:
It is necessary to draw up (or you can find a ready-made one on the Internet) a drawing of such a trailer. Then calculate the amount of required rolled metal and corners. At this time, you will just more carefully disassemble the drawing, and, if necessary, make adjustments to it.
As the bottom of the future body, you can use metal or boards of a suitable size. And install corners on their edges, which will be the basis of the entire body.
In the next step, the sides are installed on the structure. At this stage, you can think of folding sides to facilitate the loading and unloading of cargo.
Most often, one axle is installed. It should run clearly in the center. And the body itself is slightly raised forward. This allows the load not to roll off the trailer during transportation.
A steel bar can be used to secure the wheels. It must be strong to withstand heavy loads and protrude slightly over the edges of the cart.
A seat is installed on the front side for the convenience of the driver. Here you can take the old or make a new one, for which there is enough imagination. At the bottom, at a short distance, a footrest is installed on which the legs will be placed.
It is also necessary to consider the future clutch with the tiller. There are a large number of special drawings on the forums that show the diagrams and dimensions of this clutch.
For those who want to see in the video how the trailer for the Neva Tiller is assembled, you can watch a detailed video instruction:
Two-axle trolley trailed to the APM adapter
The structure of this trolley is a frame and two attached axles.
The difference from the previous model is that it is not intended for the transportation of bulk cargo.
It does not have a bottom, but this can be fixed with a sheet of metal or plywood of the appropriate size. In this case, the length of the sheet can be changed if necessary.
However, the maximum carrying capacity is twice that of the single-axle version and amounts to 500 kg.
- The two-axle bogie has a ground clearance of 18 cm and a track of 99 cm.
- The two-axle bogie is characterized by great maneuverability, as well as the presence of pneumatic tires.
- Maximum travel speed. 12 km / h.
- Overall dimensions: length adjustable from 190 cm to 250 cm, width. 41.5 cm, and height 110 cm
Single-axle trolley trailed to the APM adapter
It is a simple trolley with one axle and a body on top. It is simple in its design, but at the same time there is nothing superfluous in it. It is durable, reliable and practical.
The trolley is designed to be used in conjunction with the Tiller Neva adapter.
The trolley is used to transport any goods weighing up to 250 kg. Plus this trailer is equipped with pneumatic tires. They significantly reduce vibration and shaking when moving over bumps and bumps.
- The ground clearance of the single axle trailer is 180 mm and the track is 870 mm.
- Overall dimensions of this trolley model: length is 150 cm, width. 72 cm, height. 96 cm.
- The weight of this model is 56 kg.
This trolley is delivered disassembled with detailed instructions for assembly and further operation.
The assembly is simple and intuitive. This usually takes about 10 minutes.
If you need to transport the trolley, you can disassemble it and fold it compactly for transportation.
Do-it-yourself cart for the tiller Neva
If you wish, you can make a trailer for the Neva Tiller with your own hands no worse than from the manufacturer. To do this, you will have to try, but in the end you will get an excellent and budget independently made trailer for the Neva tiller.
The work algorithm is as follows:
- collect all the details and prepare materials;
- choose a body type;
- cut parts according to the drawings “Tiller Neva with a trailer”
- connect the parts and tidy up the appearance of the trailer (paint or varnish).
Tiller trailer Neva. an effective assistant in work
In the spring, when the earth has already warmed up, gardening work begins. Then the length of the working day depends not only on the desire, but also on the tool at hand. Progress and innovative technologies do not stand still, modern devices have reached the very hinterlands. Today, the most popular assistant for a working person is considered a tiller with various types of additional tools and hook-on devices.
Briefly about trailers for Tiller Neva
Among a number of well-known brands and firms, the tiller Neva with a trailer requires special attention. An import and a domestic manufacturer took care of the durability of the engine, the quality of various types of work, and a comfortable ride. The equipment of the Neva transport is simple: a body, a cultivator, a plow, a trolley for a tiller and, if desired, many other equipment.
Tiller Neva trailers are made of durable metal. Their carrying capacity depends on the size, ideally it is 250-500 kg. When carrying a load weighing more than 350 kilograms, the Neva Tiller trolley is equipped with a mechanical brake drive to make it easier to drive the vehicle.
The trailer, more popular in gardening work, tested by more than one farmer, for the tiller Neva MB-2. Thanks to the folding sides, it is possible to transport not only bulky items, but also bulk substances. It is equipped with a brake drive and will not exert a large load on the tiller itself, which undoubtedly is a plus in its favor.
We select materials
For a hitch to the Neva tiller, both wood and iron are good, you can also use materials that remained after the construction work. The frame for the apparatus is assembled from two iron pipes and wheels connected by bearings. The body is bolted onto the finished frame. For greater reliability, stiffeners and corners with metal inserts must be attached to the trailer. Optionally, the sides can be opened from all sides or only from one, optimally. the rear.
You can also make more complex models of carts for the Tiller Neva with your own hands. Choosing a triple hitch and taller wheels creates a completely different model. A little time and desire to make such an assistant yourself will create a unique cart model for the Tiller Neva.
Why do you need this unit? Due to its versatility, the trailer for the Neva Tiller can be used for a huge number of different jobs:
- movement of cargo;
- removal of household waste;
- transportation of agricultural products and equipment;
- ancillary work.
At the same time, it should be noted that it is not recommended to drive a tiller on a busy highway. This is due to the fact that the tiller Neva with a trailer has limited speed and maneuverability.
Among the rather impressive model range of trailers, the most popular are units with a carrying capacity of two hundred and fifty kilograms to half a ton. Their hitching devices are made of special metal, which is characterized by increased strength.
For better control of the tiller, a braking system is installed on the body axle.
The trailer for the tiller Neva MB-2 is in great demand among gardeners. Its feature is the presence of folding sides. This makes it possible to transport both small and bulk cargo, and objects of impressive size.
Tipper trailer on Tiller Neva: photos, drawings
If you have everything you need, you can assemble a dump trailer for a tiller with your own hands. It will meet all your requirements.
First of all, you will need the following tools:
- channel number five;
- welding machine (for convenience, it is better to use a semiautomatic device);
- Angle Grinder.
Having prepared the necessary tools, you need to determine the dimensions of the trailer. The parameters of parts and blanks will depend on them. For work, you can use the drawings of the simplest models of the unit, which are found on the Internet at every step. See the best options, but you can do without them:
Our homemade trailer consists of the following parts: frame, body, wheels and hitch.
- iron pipes of different sizes (preferably 60X30 millimeters and 25X25, respectively);
- small wheels (usually taken from old domestic cars);
- iron sheet (up to 1 millimeter thick, otherwise the trailer will be unnecessarily heavy);
- duralumin sheet.
Do-it-yourself dump trailer for Tiller Neva: how to make, drawings and dimensions, photos
From the beginning of spring to late autumn, life is in full swing in the homestead and summer cottages. Constantly you need to bring something, transport, take, and the like. Recently, most summer residents have been using tillers, motor-cultivators and other devices for household needs. They are compact, easy to operate, multifunctional and do not take up much space. Most often, the products of the domestic enterprise Neva are used. The trailer on the Tiller Neva will be a good help in your household. In this article we will tell you everything about this equipment.
First of all, you need to assemble the frame. Smaller tubes (based on the design we are describing. 25X25 millimeters) are used as the front and rear crossbars, and the two larger tubes will become the spars. All structural elements are fastened with welded seams. As a result, you will get a kind of lattice.
After that, you can proceed to the manufacture of the body. The frame is reinforced by attaching twenty-five millimeter pipes to it perpendicular to the grating grid. Then, with the help of a welding machine, longitudinal pipes are attached to them, and four racks are attached to them. The harness is welded to the tops of the posts.
A dump trailer for a tiller should have folding sides, preferably not only at the back, but also on the sides. To achieve this goal, you need to use a welding machine to connect into narrow pipes in three rectangular structures separately from the body.
For the frame sheathing. making the bottom. we use duralumin, and for the sides. iron sheets. It is more expedient to use bolts as fasteners. To attach the sides to the posts and strapping, you will again have to remember about welding.
After that, you can start mounting the beam. To do this, you need to insert two channels into each other. The wheel axles are attached to the rear end of the resulting structure. After that, the beam is welded to the trailed frame using springs.
Now you need to equip the dump trailer with a drawbar. The algorithm of actions is very simple. Two pipes with dimensions of sixty by thirty millimeters are taken. Their front parts are mated and welded to the hitch base. The rear parts of these pipes are attached to the side members with an overlap of two hundred millimeters.
Actually, the trailer is ready. You can start painting. It is not necessary to do this, but it is desirable, since the paint and varnish layer will provide longer protection of the metal from rust and corrosion.
If desired and available, the trailer can be additionally equipped with side lights, turn signals and brake lights. In this case, your product will be practically indistinguishable from the factory counterpart. Here’s an example of how to assemble a simple DIY trailer for a tiller. Made with high quality and economical. This does not require any drawings.
Main characteristics of trailed trolleys for the Neva
At different times, 4 trailer models were developed directly for the Neva trailers:
- Single-axle dump truck with dimensions 110×90 cm and side height. 35 cm. Loading capacity 250 kg, dead weight 56 kg;
- Two-axle chassis trolley with dimensions of 110×90 cm and a side height of 35 cm. Carrying capacity. 500 kg, dead weight. 40 kg;
- TPM trolley with dimensions 133×110 cm and side height. 30 cm. Carrying capacity. up to 250 kg, dead weight. 110 kg;
- TPM-M trolley with dimensions 140×82.5 cm and a side height of 25 cm.Carrying capacity. only up to 150 kg, dead weight. 85 kg.
However, this does not mean at all that only these 4 carts can be hooked to the Neva Tiller. The vast majority of modern trailers are equipped with a universal hitch that allows them to be attached to any self-propelled mechanism, so you can safely take any one you like. But still, before buying another brand of trailer, it is better to first make sure that the hitch on it is suitable for your model of two-wheeled assistant.
Install Trailer Trolley for Kultivator/Hand Tractor/Mini Tiller/Rotobator 9hp Farm walking tractor
Basic rules for choosing a cart for Tiller Neva
Trailers for tillers, be they Centaur, AGRO, Neva MB2 or Motor Sich, are not designed for driving on busy roads, let alone highways. Their main purpose is to transport goods from vegetable gardens and summer cottages, while it is better to move them outside the road network, so as not to create an emergency on the roads.
When choosing a trailer for the Neva Tiller, as for any other brand, you need to correctly correlate the trailer’s load capacity and the power of your mechanic. If we talk about choosing a trolley for the Neva Tiller, then, with the exception of the heavy MB-23 model range, the rest of the model line is equipped with engines from 5.5 to 7.5 hp. Therefore, the optimal solution for them would be the choice of a towing device with a carrying capacity of 250 to 500 kg. The towing device for the Neva MB 23 tiller can be taken with a carrying capacity of up to 1 ton. these powerful mechanisms will have enough strength to drag such a load.
The rest of the rules when choosing a trailed cart for any tiller, incl. and for the Neva, they are dictated not so much by concern for the tiller as by common sense and ease of use. When choosing, you need to pay attention to:
- Body material. It is better to choose a trolley, the body of which is made of galvanized steel. it is not afraid of frost, heat, rain and dirt.
- The presence of folding sides and dump body dumping to load and unload the cart was easier and more convenient.
- Availability and quality of brakes. Since it is often necessary to transport goods with a tiller on uneven terrain, having reliable brakes on a steep descent will save you from major troubles.
Observing these simple rules, you can choose a trailer for the Neva Tiller that will serve you for many years. But if, for some reason, you do not want to buy a factory trailer, then it is easy to make it yourself. The main thing is to find good drawings of a self-made trailing device and acquire the necessary tools and materials for this. But that’s another topic for conversation.
Trolley (trailer) for a tiller: how to choose the right one or do it yourself
A trolley for a tiller, even equipped with a 5-7 hp engine, for example, the Neva, not to mention more powerful models, is not just a necessary thing, but irreplaceable in the household. Such a hitch allows the tiller to be used not only for agricultural work, but also as a vehicle. According to statistics, the owners of tillers first of all equip their two-wheeled friends with a cultivator, a hiller and a cart, and only then they begin to slowly acquire or make other attachments and trailed equipment with their own hands.
Preparing a drawing of a trailer for a tiller
What size should a homemade trailer for a tiller be:
- If you have a light type of tiller, then the width of the trailer should be equal to 1 m, and the length should be 0.85. 1.15 m. The carrying capacity of such a trailer is about 300 kg.
- If you have a tiller with a capacity of more than 5 liters. with., then there will be the following dimensions: width. 1 m, length. 1.4. 1.5 m.
- For heavy units, a trailer with a width of 1.2 m and a length of 2. 3 m is suitable. They are more often biaxial.
Next, you need to create drawings with your own hands and choose the dimensions of the trailer you need. Only its exact scheme will allow you to successfully create a structure that will serve for many years. Here is an example of a drawing of such a body.
Body frame drawing
How to make a trailer for a tiller with your own hands?
By design, the bodies are divided into:
- Whole. The peculiarity of their design lies in the tight fixed connection of the bottom and walls.
- Body with drop sides. A feature of such a device is the ability to transport bulky goods.
- Tipper body. This body will perfectly cope with unloading work.
How to make a trailer for a tiller with your own hands. assembly steps
- For a regular frame, we only need 2 tubes and wheels with bearings. We can attach the body itself to the finished frame. In order to soften the shaking on potholes, you just need to install a spring.
- We collect a homemade motoblock trailer. To begin with, an additional pipe is attached to the main pipe, which will play the role of an axis. Then, on the other side, a hitch for the trailer trailer is mounted. We weld the hubs onto the ends of the axle tube. Next, we fix the wheels and fix the parking stop. Attaching the body, fenders and seat.
- The body is better made of wood or metal.
- Particular attention should be paid to the trailer hub, it must be strong and reliable.
How to make brakes on a trailer to a tiller?
In order to put home-made brakes on the body and ensure a safe ride on the tiller, it is worth acquiring a few details for its design:
- Motorcycle brake pads.
- Motorcycle brake drum.
- Spokes from a motorcycle wheel.
- Better to set the brake on both wheels. This will allow you to effectively perform braking equipment.
Stages of work:
- We remove the rods and cables from the disc, and clean it.
- We put on drums on the hubs and fix them at the back.
- The free space that has formed between the ribs of the drums must be wrapped with metal wire.
- We put the already collapsible disc on the axle and fasten it with bushings.
- We weld a piece of metal onto the axle to prevent disc displacement.
- We mount the cables on the drums and stretch them to the control.
- The control system can be a gear lever.
In principle, having a good scheme with accurate calculations, you can easily design both a single-axle and a two-axle dump body yourself. The main thing is to know how to do it and follow all the instructions. Having made such equipment yourself, you will find an incredible assistant for working on the sites.
You need to think over everything to the smallest detail, so that during the assembly of equipment there are no difficulties. To do this, you need to understand:
- screwing, riveting or welding will connect non-separable units and parts;
- how axles, bearings, bushings, hinges will be connected;
- which seat is better to install (simple or rotating);
- from what to make an emphasis on the legs for the parking;
- Do you need a tipping body, to which you will have to add a mechanical tipper or a self-dumping unit with a special handle;
- which unit of attachment to the tiller to select (on bearings, bushings or articulated).
Having dealt with all these questions, you can start preparing a list of necessary materials and calculating the approximate cost of the future trailer.
Do-it-yourself trolley trolley: dimensions, drawings, video
Equipment such as a tiller is an excellent assistant when working in the field, garden, country house or farm. To expand the capabilities of the equipment, you can attach a towing device to it and transport soil, garbage, crops, tools and other heavy or bulky goods. You can make a trailer for the tiller with your own hands, spending just a few days on it. The result is an irreplaceable assistant that will facilitate further work.
First of all, you need to think about what size the trailer should be so that it fits a certain tiller, and it is convenient to use it. After that, you will need to sketch a drawing or a sketch of the trolley, on which to display the structure from different angles, put down all the dimensions and draw the nodes.
Simple trailer for the “Neva” tiller
To start making a cart with your own hands, you need to prepare the following materials and tools:
- duralumin sheet with a thickness of 2 mm;
- steel sheets with a thickness of 0.8 mm;
- springs and wheels;
- steel pipes 25×25 and 60×30 mm;
- welding machine;
- Angle Grinder.
The trailer frame will be a one-piece structure mounted on a frame grille. For its manufacture, two traverses 25×25 mm must be made transverse and pipes 60×30 mm must be attached to them so that the result is a lattice.
Two longitudinal pipes are welded to the finished lattice, on top of which a 25×25 mm strapping is attached by welding. Sheets of steel will serve as material for the sides, which are cut to the required dimensions and welded.
The turn of the beam has come, for the manufacture of which two channels will be needed. The elements are inserted into each other, after which the wheel axles are put on one of the ends of the resulting part.
The spar is connected by means of springs, the end of which should be put on the beam axle and the shackle axle. Then, the central part of the springs must be welded to the same beam with stepladders.
Last but not least, you need to make a drawbar with your own hands from 60×30 mm pipes. They should be docked and, by welding, one part should be attached to the trailer, and the other to the side members.
A simple tiller trailer is ready. I would like to note that experts recommend using a welding machine to connect its parts. Such a mount will allow you to operate the structure for a long time.
Do-it-yourself multifunctional trailer for a tiller: stages of work, video instruction
Having decided on the dimensions and sketching a drawing, you should calculate how many meters of rolled metal and how many channels will be needed to make a homemade trailer. This is necessary in order to protect yourself from unnecessary costs for the purchase of unnecessary parts and fasteners.
Required materials and tools:
- welding machine;
- steel corners 40×40 mm and 50×25 mm;
- timber measuring 50×50 mm;
- boards 20 mm thick;
- cutting pipes of round and rectangular cross-section;
- complete wheels with hub.
The future trailer will consist of four main units connected by welding.
- The frame is assembled from scraps of pipes and corners of 40×40 mm and 50×25 mm and the frame is connected by welding.
- The body is made of 20 mm planks, the nodes of which are then sheathed with steel corners.
- With the help of three supporting beams, the role of which is played by wooden beams, the body is mounted on the trailer frame.
- Wheels are installed on the structure. Before this, it is necessary to sharpen the ends of the axle rod so that its diameter matches the dimensions of the hub bearings. It is necessary to follow the length of the rod. When assembled, the wheels must not protrude beyond the rims of the body.
- Through the corner supports and gussets, the rod is welded to the body of the longitudinal hinge and the side members.
- The trailer will be attached to the tiller using a do-it-yourself console. The lower part of this element is the axis around which the pivot unit rotates. The upper part should be made so that it follows the contours of the hiller holder. The console is attached to the attachment bracket.
- To make the wheels of the trailer work independently of the wheels of the tiller, and make the equipment easy to operate, it is recommended to insert the drawbar into the body of the longitudinal hinge and secure with thrust rings.
The tiller trailer is ready. Now you can fix the footrest and the driver’s seat, from which the equipment will be controlled.
Homemade trailer to the tiller from car parts
Having drawn up a drawing in advance and prepared the necessary materials and tools, you can assemble such a trailer with your own hands in 1-2 days.
For work you will need:
- front axle shafts from Zhiguli or Moskvich;
- channel 65 mm along the body length;
- corners 60×60 mm;
- two pipes 2 m long;
- one pipe 60×40 mm, 3-5 m long;
- welding machine.
The bearing part of the structure will be the axle, which is made from a channel. Its length depends on the length of the future trailer. On both sides of the channel, the axle shafts from the car are connected by welding. Profile pipes are installed on top:
- One pipe is centered. She will act as a drawbar. Its length must be selected in accordance with the dimensions of the hitch.
- Two-meter pipes are laid along the edges of the channel, in the place where it meets the ends of the axle shafts. As a result, the channel joint must divide each pipe in half.
- Short pipes are laid parallel to each other and fastened perpendicularly with corners.
To ensure the structure of strength and rigidity, profile corners or pipes should be pulled from the front corners of the trolley. Joints can be bolted or welded.
The trailer frame is ready. Now you can install on it a simple wooden body made with your own hands, a seat and attach it to the drawbar.
After watching the video instructions and studying the article, you can understand that in order to make a trailer for a tiller with your own hands, you do not need to be a designer or mechanic. To implement the plan, you will need a drawing, the necessary tools, materials and a little desire and free time.