Operation of the Partner 351 chainsaw
If you are inexperienced and are working with chainsaws for the first time, it is important to know about the rules of operation. If you have instructions, read it, but it is quite standard and therefore you can follow the instructions for household chain saws.
So, the first thing to do is to make sure that all removable parts are installed, then adjust and tension the chain. Be sure to make sure there is oil in the reservoir, it will lubricate the saw head and ensure efficient operation throughout the day. The first start of the chainsaw is carried out with the damper installed, because a cold start is always more difficult. The engine is started by pressing the ignition, after that press the primer 6 times and only then can the chainsaw be started with a starter. Let the chainsaw idle for at least a minute to speed up the vehicle.
With proper operation, the Partner 351 piston and other working parts will be provided with a long service life, and the user will confidently use the tool every day.
We also offer you to get acquainted with an interesting review of another model of the Swedish brand. Partner 371, characteristics and advantages.
Chainsaw Partner 351: characteristics and carburetor adjustment
The well-known brand Partner has been producing top quality chainsaws for many years that can compete with the well-known leaders STIHL and Husqvarna, but the for Patriot products are much more affordable. One of the best household non-professional models is the Partner 351 chainsaw, the characteristics of which make it possible to widely use the tool in various fields. The 351 is ideal for:
- pruning of branches;
- construction works;
- felling small diameter trees;
- procurement work;
- formation of tree crowns.
When used correctly, Partner 371 is capable of felling trees with a maximum diameter of 200 mm. Also in construction, you can perform longitudinal, diagonal and regular cutting of wood. Ideal for construction.
The chainsaw, although it does not belong to the professional class, has a good engine, light weight and a shape that is easy to work with. When working in a garden or in the private sector, this is an indispensable assistant, which is already available to almost every resident of Russia. Stable operation of the chainsaw will allow you to get rid of complicated manual work, and the presence of a quick start system and a modern inertial chain brake is responsible for stable operation.
The chainsaw device is quite simple and straightforward, all units interact perfectly with the operator and allow you to control the work at all stages. Although both the chainsaw and its power classify the model officially as a household class, some characteristics and performance make it possible to compare the tool with professional models. And a number of modern solutions contribute to the confidence in the long-term and safe operation of Partner 351.
Benefits of the Partner 351 chainsaw
- The presence of a two-stage air purification system;
- All internal components are positioned correctly, making access to the engine and carburetor adjustment more than easy;
- Weight of 4.7 kg is optimally combined with power, no unnecessary vibration or noise is created;
- The presence of a vibration damper helped to reduce the noise level to 106 dB;
- The chainsaw grips perfectly in the hand, has comfortable handles.
Be sure to check out the interesting review of the Partner 350 chainsaw, its characteristics and application are very similar to the 351 model.
Since Partner chainsaws are assembled in China, access to spare parts and other parts is easy. The owners note that the Chinese assembly is practically invisible, the chainsaw still remains Swedish.
HOW TO ADJUST A CHAINSAW CARBURETOR WITH NO SPECIAL SPLINE TOOL
Unlike chainsaws with similar characteristics, Partner 351 boasts a 0.4 liter fuel tank and a 0.2 liter oil tank. When used correctly, the chainsaw creates a low noise level of 106 dB. All these characteristics provided the chainsaw with a total weight of 4.7 kg. The Partner 351 chainsaw is economical, efficient in oil and fuel consumption, and provides the user with excellent torque.
Partner 351: carburetor adjustment
Of course, the new chainsaw works great for a long time, but over time, any such equipment gets damaged or breakdown of certain parts. The carburetor of the Partner 351 chainsaw requires tuning for stable operation and maximum performance. A properly tuned carburetor will also provide the correct fuel consumption and manufacturer’s specified power.
If the chainsaw is set up correctly, when the device is idling, the saw chain will not move, if the opposite is true, carburetor adjustment is required. We adjust the idle speed, for this we tighten the idle screw completely and unscrew it by ¼ turn. We start the chainsaw and look at the behavior of the chain, if we spin, we unscrew it until the work is stable.
Mixture quality control. In order for the Partner 351 chainsaw to work stably and not stall, we find two jets on the carburetor. We regulate the fuel mixture with these jets, but this must be done extremely carefully and with a minimum turn. Recommended to turn 1/16 of a turn until correct stable operation is achieved.
Petya: So far, I am only mastering the Partner 351 chainsaw, I was pleased that the price is quite affordable and the manufacturer is Sweden. For a couple of days of work, I did not see any complaints, to start up the first time, it does not fail in the cold either. But it is better to warm up at least half a minute or a minute. I plan to work with the 351 at a construction site, they say it is perfect for these purposes.
Pavel: I have been using the chainsaw since 2013, when I bought it, I was confident in the tool. It worked steadily for the first year or two, then, apparently, wear of parts and some problems began. I immediately adjusted the carburetor, then some parts were changed in the process. than suitable for its price, the characteristics are fully confirmed.
Sergey: I’ve been working with a chainsaw for 4 years, certainly not Husqvarna or STIHL, but the device is worthy of attention. Ideal for building, cutting firewood or gardening, quiet and compact in the hand. I do not like that the engine is sensitive to fuel, if it is a little worse than usual, it will be a problem to start. But again, take good care of the instrument and there will be adequate recoil.
The Partner 351 saw good performance and performance, despite its compact size and weight of 4.7 kg:
- motor power 1400 W (1.9 hp);
- tire 35 cm. It is possible to install a tire at 41 cm;
- 56-link chain with 3/8 ” pitch;
- spark plug. Bosch WSR 6F;
- fuel tank capacity 380 g;
- oil tank for 200 gr;
- noise level just over 100 dB.
The CCS air filter significantly reduces fuel consumption. The double air purification system increases the engine resource of the Partner 351 chainsaw. The chain operates at high speeds.
Sophisticated ergonomics and reliable vibration damping system allows you to use the tool for several hours without interruption.
The chain brake is instantly responsive, which makes working with the chainsaw even more comfortable and safe.
How to remove the carburetor?
- In order to remove the carburetor, you need to unscrew 2 nuts.
- Key 13 used.
- The levers are detached from the cables.
- The feed hose is removed from the gas tank.
- Swinging the carburetor to the right and left, take it out.
- The inlet to the engine must be closed with a plug or a clean cloth.
- The fuel hose is kinked. You can put a nut on it, as shown in the photo. Then gasoline will not flow out.
Adjusting the carburetor for STIHL and Partner chainsaws
General view of STIHL and Partner (STIHL and Partner):
With the outward difference, the carburetor design for gasoline saws from these manufacturers is the same. The minimum crankshaft speed of the internal combustion engine is 700 800 rpm. At this frequency, the circuit does not move.
Key for adjustment of chainsaw carburetor
The adjustment is recommended when installed on a horizontal support.
- Warm-up is carried out until a stable operating mode is reached. If the adjustments are violated, you have to periodically press the throttle drive lever.
- Screw XX achieve the beginning of the chain movement, and then set the mode when the chain does not move by reverse rotation.
- Screws L and H set the maximum speed and quality of the mixture. Turn to the end, and then return half a turn back.
The video shows STIHL carburetor adjustments:
Attention! On STIHL carburetors, it is quite common for the valve to stick in the injector. Most often, this phenomenon is observed with improper storage of the saw. Some users forget to drain fuel completely before long-term storage. The valve sticks to the body. When the gasoline evaporates, only oil remains. It also promotes adhesion. You have to carefully disassemble the device and rinse it thoroughly.
Adjusting the carburetor of a Husqvarna chainsaw
General view of the Husqvarna chainsaw carburetor and adjusting screws:
A distinctive feature of this saw is the ability to work at low idle speeds. In the instructions, the manufacturer notes the following: on a properly adjusted device, the minimum idle speed is 600 700 rpm. If the work takes place at a higher crankshaft speed, then the chain will not stop in the XX mode. It is dangerous for the user.
To correctly adjust the carburetor, the chainsaw is placed on a horizontal surface.
Before starting the adjustment, it is necessary to give the opportunity to warm up the internal combustion engine for 8 10 minutes (in summer) or 12 15 minutes (in winter, at negative air temperatures).
On the carburetor, turn the screw L clockwise. Having reached the limit position, they return back about a quarter of a turn counterclockwise.
Sapun. Chinese chainsaw Poulan, partner 350, etc.
Idling is set by the screw marked with the letter T. Turn this screw clockwise, observe the start of the chain movement. As soon as the chain starts to move, turn the screw back until the drive sprocket stops rotating. The chain will stop.
Screw H determines the quality of the mixture at maximum speed. If you turn it clockwise to the end, the ICE will make a lot of noise. The exhaust will be smoky and too rich a mixture will form in the carburetor. Therefore, from the maximum position, reverse rotation is performed about half a turn back.
Recommendations for carburetor adjustment on Husqvarna saws are shown in the video:
The preparation of the working mixture supplied to the internal combustion engine takes place in the carburetor. The fuel mixture should contain up to 13 15 parts of air for one part of fuel. Then complete combustion will occur when a spark is supplied.
- In the event of a decrease in fuel concentration and an increase in air, a lean mixture is formed. The combustion process is slower.
- The gas pressure on the piston during the working stroke will be lower, which will lead to a decrease in torque.
- Overheating of the engine is quite often observed, since afterburning occurs during the exhaust phase.
- Rich mixture characterized by increased fuel delivery and reduced air charge concentration.
- Carbon deposits are formed due to the lack of oxygen for complete combustion. It builds up in the exhaust tract and clogs the muffler. Causes engine overheating.
- The formation of black smoke is observed on the exhaust.
Stable operation is possible only with the optimal ratio of the components of the combustible mixture. Achieved by adjusting the position of the regulating needles in the carburetor. The manufacturer supplies the device with a jet, a calibrated hole is drilled in it through which fuel is supplied to the diffuser.
Carburetor diagram: 1. fuel supply union; 2. channel for supplying air impulses to the fuel pump membrane; 3. fuel inlet valve; fuel pump (membrane); 5. fuel release valve from the fuel pump; 6. filter element for the fuel mixture; 7. air damper, closed when starting and warming up the engine; 8. the main throttle valve, which regulates the engine operating mode and its power indicators; 9. fuel supply channel for mixture formation; 10. idle speed adjusting screw (ОХХ); 11. needle in the fuel supply system; 12. idle jet; 13. membrane; 14. fuel storage chamber in the carburetor; 15. the main jet of the carburetor; 16. diffuser, the main evaporation of the fuel takes place here; 17. screw for adjusting the fuel supply through the main jet.
When the internal combustion engine is started, the air damper is closed. This mode creates a rich mixture. The engine warms up gradually:
- The cylinder walls are heated.
- Heat is transferred to the fuel chamber, the fuel temperature rises, which improves its evaporation during external mixture formation.
The filter elements prevent abrasive particles from the ambient air from entering the cylinder.
- After warming up, you can open the air damper. Correct idle speed control is responsible for stable operation.
- During operation in the converging diffuser, the air flow moves at a high speed. Fuel is sucked into the diffuser, it evaporates, and a working mixture is formed.
- When the throttle is opened, the amount of the supplied charge increases.
- The turnover is increasing. Power and torque also get higher.
- By covering the throttle, the charge flow is reduced. Power goes down.
There are adjusting screws to adjust the carburetor, they are located on the control panel. The operating mode is set by the position of the levers associated with the damper and throttle. For ease of operation, cables are attached to them.