Tiller bed former
The first thoughts to make homemade devices for the tiller, appears after the need to transport goods, so I started an epic with useful devices for the tiller and was the first to make a homemade trailer.
What are the Tillery equipment
The tiller itself is only a power unit with wheels. In order for it to be able to perform useful work, it must be turned into an agricultural machine, supplemented with attachments. Only then do the positive aspects of this energy-rich device begin to manifest.
A small list of the main attachments and attachments:
- Lugs allow the tiller to move around the arable land.
- Plow and cutter. For a long time, deep cultivation of the land with a seam turnover was carried out by plows. The soil tiller is a device that can loosen the fertile layer.
- Potato planter will facilitate the work of a villager and summer resident when planting potatoes.
- The plane cutter is one of the ancient tools that is experiencing a rebirth with the emergence of the ideas of organic (ecological) farming.
- Hillers. An increase in the yield of root crops, as well as an increase in the efficiency of the root system of plants is achieved by using hillers.
- The trailer turns the tiller into a vehicle that can transport goods on the site and on public roads.
- The snow blower extends the period of use of the tiller, in winter it is actively used for clearing snow.
This is not a complete list of tiller attachments.
It is not necessary to purchase the entire set of attachments for the tiller at once. Additional tools are purchased or manufactured as needed.
Homemade cutter for crow’s feet, for tiller
It is an all-welded, non-collapsible steel cutter, which gives it significantly greater strength than conventional cultivator cutters. Homemade hoe’s feet cutter, for the tiller, shows great efficiency and is successfully used when plowing hard soil. It can be aggregated with almost any tiller or cultivator with a suitable axle diameter.
The “crow’s feet” milling cutter is very good to use when plowing the land for planting potatoes, especially if the soil is hard with large clods of earth, or when, to prevent the Colorado potato beetle, wireworm and other garden pests, you need to plow the garden “in winter”.
Crow’s feet are usually sold not sharpened, and many gardeners who have already tried these cutters recommend sharpening them for easier and faster plowing.
Below are the drawings of a homemade cutter “crow’s feet2” with a diameter of 520 mm., A capture of 1250 mm., A total of 30 beams. 3 pcs. per section. The beam is bolted to the coils.
When plowing the soil with such a cutter, it loosens and rises to a depth of 40 to 100 mm on average, depending on the moisture content.
We do homemade products to the tiller with our own hands
For quick and high-quality soil cultivation, you need to make homemade “crow’s feet” cutters for the tiller, which will mix the soil to a sufficient depth and break up hard clods.
A homemade tiller rake is also a useful attachment. It is most correct to have several rakes of such different types.
A homemade hiller for a tiller will also be needed by every gardener. The hiller will allow the formation of even and high ridges on all beds with root crops.
A homemade tiller blade will make it easier to remove snow and sand from the land, create good conditions for further soil cultivation.
How to make a homemade plow for a tiller correctly
Do I need to make a plow for a tiller if you don’t have special metalworking skills? Yes, it’s worth it. The design of this agricultural tool is quite simple and therefore it is correct for everyone to make a homemade plow for the tiller.
Before starting to implement your idea, you need to look through the previous posts on our site, where we described the manufacturing process in detail with drawings.
Professional tools are best suited for work, they will allow you to perform all technological operations with your own hands at the required level and at the same time maintain their quality. An amateur tool for this kind of work is unsuitable because its level of strength is insufficient to perform some of the operations.
Homemade rake for tiller
If you wish, you can easily make a homemade rake for the tiller. For the wide hay rake, you can use conventional water pipes with different diameters. You will need to put a special sleeve on the round rod, and then tap its surface, slightly twisting.
When making, a round rod is best suited. Most of the parts of the rake are fastened with electric welding, since this method is simple, and at the same time a reliable design is obtained.
Greater design simplicity can be achieved if the swivel parts on the axles are fixed without rolling bearings.
It is better to fold the hay rake to the tiller, as this will simplify their transportation.
DIY potato planter for a tiller
The potato planter mechanizes the work of sowing potatoes. This attachment consists of:
- bunker, where the seed is concentrated;
- a dispenser in the form of a drum rotating jointly by the wheels of the tiller, it grabs the potatoes and directs them into the seed tube;
- a seed tube that directs seeds into the soil;
- a ripper that creates a seed furrow in the soil;
- disc hillers completing the potato sowing operation.
There are many different designs of potato planters. The craftsmen use the containers they have for the bunker, select options for manufacturing the dispenser using plywood. In some planters, the air stream accelerates the movement of the planting tubers into the soil. There are very simple designs, in which plywood discs replace several actuators at once for dosing and placing potatoes in the furrow. Many homemade authors have invented original attachments.
To make a potato planter for a tiller, you will need:
- thin sheet galvanized steel;
- shaped pipes for forming the body of attachments;
- strip steel with a thickness of 4-5 mm;
- small rolled corner.
How to Use a Garden Bedder. The Gardening Series
Required tools and materials
With your own hands and even without assistance, you can make a manual adapter or a dump adapter. Therefore, first of all, it is necessary to decide on the type of additional equipment. The next stage is the drawings. You can use ready-made ones, based on the instructions for the tillers of the same brand, but already implemented with adapters, or you can create it yourself. When making drawings with your own hands, careful attention should be paid to the main elements:
- steering wheel control:
- adapter portal;
- coupling mechanism.
When the diagram is ready, you need to take care of having the following tools at hand:
- welding machine;
- two wheels with an axle;
- a ready-made chair of a suitable size;
- metal profile for the frame;
- steel corner and beams;
- bolts, screws;
- control levers;
- circle made of steel with special holes. the basis for adhesion;
- lubricants and primers for finished structures.
With movable joint
This type of adapter is easiest and fastest to make at home with your own hands.
- On a square profile 180 cm long, a piece of the same steel sheet should be welded across, but 60 cm in size.
- Braces are installed on the frame and wheels and fastened with bushings. To strengthen the main frame, an additional steel beam is welded onto it.
- Channel 10 is used to create an additional beam. It is made in accordance with the drawings and using a welding machine.
- The frame created in the previous step is welded to the wheel axle. A small piece of a square metal beam or steel angle is used as a connecting element.
- The first control lever is installed on the frame, on which there are 3 knees. An additional one is installed on this lever, but less than the size. All work is carried out using a welding machine.
- Both levers are securely fixed to each other with bolts.
When the main lifting mechanism of the adapter is ready, you can proceed to its direct assembly and connection of the equipment to the tiller itself.
- A stand for the future seat is welded onto the central frame, which is made from a piece of steel pipe.
- On top of it, using a welding machine, two more of the same pipe sections are attached perpendicularly. This design will allow the seat to be securely attached to the tiller and minimize vibration and shaking during its operation.
- Further, the pieces of pipes are attached by welding to the frame, and the seat itself is fixed to them with self-tapping screws or bolts. For added security, the bolts can also be screwed into the seat stand, not just into the frame.
- The finished hitch is welded to the front of the resulting adapter.
After completing these works, the adapter is completely ready for further use. If everything was done correctly, you should get an all-wheel drive mini-tractor, simple and easy to use.
How to make an adapter for a tiller with your own hands?
- Required tools and materials
- Manufacturing process
- With movable joint
Small agricultural equipment such as tillers, cultivators and mini-tractors greatly facilitate the work of people. But in the pursuit of perfection, even such units are being modernized. In particular, manufacturers or the owners themselves equip them with adapters. special seats that make the use of such equipment more comfortable and less energy-consuming. There are tillers already equipped with such a device, but there are also models without it. But you can do it yourself with a steering or movable joint adapter. How to do this work correctly will be described in detail below.
This homemade adapter is even faster to manufacture than its predecessor. But it is worth knowing that this option involves the use of more different corners and pipes. And yet. such attachments are made on the basis of a frame with a ready-made fork and bushing. It is its presence that will allow the tiller to rotate freely from the steering action in the future. The sequence of actions will be as follows.
- The frame is made of steel of a selected length and thickness. Using an angle grinder, cut out blanks of the required size from the sheet, and then fasten them together with bolts or self-tapping screws.
- The design of the undercarriage should be based on where the motor of the unit itself is located. If it is in front, then the main criterion is the size of the main wheels. That is, the size of the track should be based on it. The wheels are only attached to the rear. They are welded to the axis. If the motor is at the rear, then the distance between the wheels should be wider. Here, the standard ones are removed from the tiller, and in their place they are installed the same as on the adapter.
- The axis itself is created from a pipe, and bearings with bushings are pressed into its ends.
- The steering wheel is either like a car or like a motorcycle. There is no fundamental difference. Experienced craftsmen recommend removing the already finished steering wheel from the vehicle and fixing it on the basis of the adapter. It is quite difficult to make a steering wheel yourself, especially for a beginner. It is worth noting that the motorcycle handlebar creates great inconvenience when reversing the tiller. And this factor must be taken into account.
- If an all-metal frame is used, the steering will be mated to the front of the unit itself. If you make a special additional support. articulated-articulated, then the control will rotate the additional frame completely. In this case, two gears are used: one is installed on the steering column, and the second on the upper half-frame.
- The next step is to install the seat. As in the case of the manufacture of the previous type of adapter, it can be either ready-made or made with your own hands. It must be fastened with a welding machine to the rear frame of this attachment.
- In the event that in the future the upgraded tiller is planned to be used to install a replaceable attachment, it is necessary to attach another bracket with a welding machine. An additional hydraulic system should also be created. The easiest way is to remove it from any type of small agricultural equipment and weld it onto your own tiller.
- The towbar must be welded to the rear of the main frame. It is necessary in cases when it is planned to use the tiller for the transportation of some small cargo. If the use of a trailer or semitrailer is not planned, then this stage can be skipped.
- The final stage is coupling. To do this, small holes are drilled in the steering column into which screws and brackets are inserted. It is with their help that the hitch itself is attached under the steering column.
Perhaps a step-by-step description of making such a device with your own hands may seem complicated. However, with detailed diagrams and drawings, this problem completely disappears. For the created adapter to be functional and durable in use, it is necessary to properly weld all the main elements and pay special attention to the normal operation of the brakes.
If ready-made drawings were used to create an improved tiller seat, before translating them into reality, it is necessary to correlate the dimensions of all parts with the dimensions of the main parts of your tiller and, if necessary, be sure to correct them.
Such a hitch of any kind is not just a seat, but a whole device consisting of several parts. Depending on the type of adapter, these parts are attached to each other in different quantities and in a different order. So, the rear and front unit are made almost the same, but they differ in the method of final fastening and the method of the coupling itself.
Before immediately performing any agricultural work with the help of a self-improved tiller, it is necessary to perform several final verification work:
- make sure the seat is securely installed;
- check the quality of all welds and reliable fastening of bolts and screws;
- start the tiller and make sure that the engine is working normally and smoothly;
- install, if necessary, hinged gardening tools and try them in action;
- be sure to check the operation of the brakes and make sure they are working properly.
If, when performing all these simple works, no problems were found in the work of the tiller, it is necessary to bring it to its proper appearance. To do this, a do-it-yourself adapter is primed and painted in any color you wish. This stage allows not only to give the tiller a beautiful appearance, but also to protect the metal from corrosion.
DIY Garden hiller. Raised bed shaper
Making an adapter yourself is a responsible business that takes time, experience and utmost care. Therefore, it is worth undertaking this work only for those masters who already have similar experience. In other cases, it is better to either purchase a ready-made adapter, or seek help from a specialist.
To learn how to make an adapter for a tiller with your own hands, see the next video.
Varieties and their structure
There are several options for loosening the soil, differing in design and having a number of characteristic properties.
Harrows are divided into the following types:
- rotary (rotary);
How to make a harrow for a tiller with your own hands?
To increase work efficiency and increase productivity, special attachments are used. a harrow. In the old days, horse traction was practiced to carry out work on the ground, and now the harrow is installed on a mobile power unit. a tiller (if the plot is small) or attached to a tractor (when the territory of the cultivated area is decent). Therefore, a harrow for a tiller becomes an extremely significant device for every understanding agrarian, and when it is made with his own hands, it is also an object of pride.
A disc harrow is used on dry soils, it performs the same function as a rotary harrow, but is completely different in structure. Here, the key components of loosening are discs, which are similar in configuration to stars. They stand on the same shaft at a specific slope, guaranteeing maximum soil penetration.
Rotary agricultural equipment
If we talk about a rotary harrow for a tiller, its main advantage is the optimal removal of the upper layer of soil. To level the ground with her participation is also not a question. The depth of loosening of the soil ranges from 4 to 8 centimeters, it can be adjusted, taking as a basis the feature of the work.
The size of the harrow in width is also very important, here not only the tiller’s resource is taken into account, but also the area of the cultivated area. As a rule, this value is equal to 800-1400 millimeters. Such parameters are explained by the ability to work comfortably, maneuvering in areas with a small area.
Rotary harrows of industrial production are made of a quality metal alloy, which makes it possible to actively use the equipment for decades (with appropriate care and maintenance).
On quality agricultural implements, the blade has an oblique configuration, and the teeth are at an angle to the ground, having an ideal invasion angle for high-quality cutting of the soil, leveling it and eliminating weeds.
How to do it yourself?
In order to start creating a harrow for a tiller on your own, you will first need sensible drawings. And it is recommended to learn how to compile them on a sample of the most uncomplicated agricultural equipment. a tooth harrow, which, in synthesis with a tiller, will safely cope with plowing of small sowing and other material, as well as pre-planting loosening of the soil. In appearance, it will look like a lattice frame with welded teeth or bolts attached to it.
- It is imperative to equip the front side with a hook. The hook can also be a regular bar with a hole, which is placed in the tube of the towing device with fixation by means of a cylindrical or conical rod. Between the hook and the chassis, after complete assembly, it is necessary to weld the movable chains.
- In order for the tool for loosening the soil for the tiller to come out reliable, it is preferable to cook the grate from reliable corners or tubes with a square cross section and a steel thickness of more than 3 millimeters. You can give it a finished look with a cage with elements located across and along. In the process of assembling the structure, it is necessary to monitor that each segment of this lattice is at an angle of 45 degrees to the straight line along which the tiller moves in order to reduce bending stresses. Additionally, you need to take into account that the entire supporting base must fit into the boundaries of the handles of motor vehicles. In terms of dimensions, it is acceptable to make it at most one meter. only a real tractor will master it wider.
- Next, you need to prepare fangs 10–20 centimeters high. Reinforcing steel with a diameter of 1.0–1.8 centimeters has shown itself to be excellent in this capacity. The most important thing here is to follow the principle: the longer, the thicker. In addition, the teeth are hardened and sharpened before being welded to the grid. There they should be placed 10 centimeters apart (a more rare arrangement is ineffective). It is possible to install the teeth with a slight offset across the row, so that they are more comfortable to cook and they make the necessary loosening depth possible. Along with this, it is necessary to balance so that their counteraction is oriented symmetrically to the thrust shaft, otherwise the tiller will start to “wiggle its tail”, as a result of which they will not be able to harrow.
Disc agricultural implements are the most advanced modification, which carries out more activities when cultivating the soil. At home, a disc harrow can be created exclusively for cultivator type motor vehicles (cultivator). 2 pipes are made, they must be securely fixed on the axis of the cultivator. Due to the complexity of the implementation of this work at home, you will need to give it to the enterprise to a turner or use shafts from a faulty cultivator. The total length of the pipe should be no more than one meter. the cultivator cannot handle an overly heavy device.
Discs with a diameter of approximately 25 centimeters are mounted on the axle. In order to reduce the resistance on them along the edges, cuts are made with an angle grinder every 10 centimeters of the circumference.
The holes for seating the discs are made slightly larger than the diameter of the axles. The discs are mounted with a slight slope towards the center of the shaft. On the left side of the axis, the slope is in one direction, on the right. in the other. The number of disks is taken so that they mutually replenish one another along the slope. basically they are installed every 5 centimeters.
Making a disc harrow in-house is much more difficult than making a toothed specimen. A self-made device requires the most precise adherence to the dimensions of the elements (in strict accordance with the diagram). It is easier to purchase an inexpensive Chinese one and subject it to refinement, having welded all the welds conscientiously, which, as a rule, is not performed at the factory.
Tiller cultivation with a similar device is practiced if it is necessary to obtain a uniform and loose soil layer. The teeth are arranged evenly and can have all kinds of configurations and sizes: square, knife, round, and so on. The height of the tines depends directly on the weight of the agricultural implement: the higher the weight, the higher the tines. Basically, their parameters vary from 25 to 45 millimeters.
This equipment can have several methods of aggregation with the chassis. In one version, by means of a spring rack, and in the other. articulated.
The tine harrow is subdivided into:
- general direction tooling;
- specialized (mesh, meadow, articulated and other).
It is easy to make a harrow for motor vehicles on your own, but for this purpose, according to the rules, developed diagrams, drawings, source materials and tools are required. The choice of the device directly depends on the abilities of the craftsman and the intentions of using the device.
How to make a do-it-yourself harrow for a moloblock, see the video below.
Homemade devices for the tiller
The list of accessories is not limited to a mower, plow or harrow. This list is long enough, and no other tiller has such a strong package. After calculating the amount that the purchase of all the necessary equipment will cost, many refuse this venture. It should also be remembered that not every model can be considered universal.
Simply put, when purchasing units for one tiller, it is very difficult to guarantee their operation on another. However, if there is a desire and a certain baggage of knowledge, many additional devices can be made independently.
Their drawings are often found on the Internet, but it is important to make sure that they are compatible. When developing attachments from scratch, you need to focus on the available tiller model.
How to make attachments for a tiller with your own hands
the tiller is one of the most useful and demanded technical devices among those used on the personal plot. However, this statement is only valid with optional equipment. If the size of the cultivated land plot is small, then it is advisable to purchase branded units. That is why the question of how to make attachments for a tiller with your own hands is popular.
- Homemade devices for the tiller
- DIY trailer adapter
- Homemade disc hiller
- Making a potato digger
Homemade disc hiller
The optimal type of hiller for a personal plot is disc. When working with it, it is not required to apply great efforts, and when the speed of movement is reduced, the power increases. Do not forget that the disc hiller is a universal tool, because it can be used not only after planting crops, but also during their growth.
The design of this type of attachment is not very complex and includes:
- Screw type talers.
Thanks to the presence of talers, it becomes possible to adjust the angle of inclination of the working discs. It is this factor that affects the depth of their immersion in the soil and the force applied during work.
Discs can be taken from worn-out agricultural equipment, for example, an old seeder, or made of high-quality steel, the thickness of which is 1.5-2 mm. The outer edges are bent, and a hole is drilled in the center for attaching to the frame.
DIY trailer adapter
With the help of this unit, the tiller can be easily converted into a mini tractor, which makes it possible to automate a large number of work on the processing of the personal plot. The design of the trailer adapter consists of the following elements:
- Metal supporting frame.
- Cross bar.
- Governing bodies.
To make a supporting frame, you should use a pipe of any section, the length of which ranges from 1.5 to 1.7 meters. On the one hand, a device for attaching to the tiller is welded, and on the other, a transverse beam. The width of the second element is selected in accordance with the dimensions of the tiller‘s wheelbase. Then braces are attached to the bar to increase the rigidity of the structure and wheel stands.
Most often, additional units are attached to the tiller adapter by means of a single hitch. You also need to think about controlling the equipment, and the best option in this situation will be a lever, switching which will lead to a change in the position of the auxiliary devices.
The last step in creating a trailer adapter is to install the seat, and for this, a stand is attached in the middle of the crossbeam.
Making a potato digger
This unit is able to significantly facilitate the work of harvesting all tuberous crops, not only potatoes. Among the main structural elements of the unit, it is necessary to highlight:
- Welded frame.
- Drum cleaner.
- Editorial node.
A ploughshare is a movable element of a potato digger and can be made of sheet iron. The cut plates should be sharpened, but at the same time all edges should be blunt so as not to damage the tubers. Frame fabrication should also be straightforward. To solve this problem, you will need a corner, channel No. 8 and a profile pipe. Frame sizes are selected individually, and the required amount of materials is determined on site.
The main element of the entire structure of the unit is the editorial unit. To make it, you need two metal cylinders, into which the connecting sleeves are then installed. After that, it is necessary to make the hubs from a metal pipe, the diameter of which is 25 mm. They are used for attaching sprockets, pre-fastened to bushings by means of keys.
The most difficult to manufacture is the cleaning drum, which consists of two roller chains with 94 links each. The chains, in turn, are mounted on special rods, and then the finished element is attached on two axes. The result is maximum mobility.
The torque from the tiller motor is transmitted to the share connected to the casing. During movement, the angle of inclination changes, and digging movements are performed. To adjust the angle of inclination of the working element of the structure, and, consequently, the depth of the dig, you can make a slider. An excellent material for the manufacture of this part will be fluoroplastic.
The industry produces simple and complex equipment for tillers. Typical accessories include the simplest attachments that are included with the unit at the point of sale. Or they can be purchased at the time of purchasing the equipment for an additional fee. Let’s consider some of them.
- Lugs are an obligatory addition to the tiller. These are special iron wheels with studded elements that give stability to the equipment during field work. With the help of lugs, the tiller can easily move on any, even difficult soils. In addition, they contribute to better soil cultivation.
- The all-season tiller attachment will ensure its work on crawler tracks. Thanks to increased grip, it improves passability on difficult terrain and snow cover.
- Typical accessories include a lifting linkage. It is in any position of lifting the load is horizontal to the surface. The effort on the hitch pedal does not exceed 10 kg per 100 kg of load.
- The rippers are mounted on a tiller to grind weeds in the ground. Cut weeds turn into humus over time (organic fertilizer).
- A three-point hitch is installed on the tiller, but it is important to know the type of construction (plow, harrow, etc.).
- Hedgehogs are discs with spikes of different sizes, they are used for hilling and weeding potatoes.
- tillers equipped with brushes are used to clean sidewalks, roads from falling leaves and snow drifts.
These implements are useful throughout the year.
What it is?
The tiller is like a mini tractor, its real involvement in the work begins with equipping with attachments. The “symbiosis” of the engine and all kinds of attachments allows you to plow, loosen, chop wood, transport cargo, mow grass, and clean snow. All these attachments can be put on a tiller and get a miniature excavator, tractor or lawn mower.
a tiller is often confused with a cultivator, and both carry out pre-planting work on the ground.
But it should be understood that the capabilities of the first are much wider than the second, although they completely depend on the attachments. the tiller is more powerful than the cultivator, its tractive effort comes from the wheels. It also has an engine, often an internal combustion engine, a transmission that regulates speed and a gearbox, and a steering wheel (remote control). As you can see, the device is simple, amenable to self-repair.
Attachments of various types are purchased for the tiller, for example, a stationary one is mounted to an adapter. The activator depends on the rotational power of the gearbox. On axial equipment, the nozzles rotate under the weight of the tiller. Lander and steering attachments refer to adapter nozzles.
Attachments for tillers: varieties and subtleties of choice
- What it is?
- Typical components
- Sophisticated attachments
- Equipment for working with potatoes
- Bed former-film layer
- Grain thresher
- Caterpillar “Krutets”
- Rotary mower
- How to choose?
the tiller itself is the engine, the pulling force. It becomes useful in the household thanks to attachments. This technique can work all year round: in the spring to plow the land and plant seeds, potatoes, and in the summer to huddle, water the plants. The machine is capable of harvesting in autumn and removing snow in winter. the tiller is also used for preparing firewood, when mowing grass, as a small truck for transporting heavy loads. Every year there are new models of equipment for the universal worker.
Composite attachments are a type of motoblock stationary equipment. They are purchased for the processing of land, seasonal care for plant crops, harvesting and other economic needs. Thanks to them, sowing takes place in the shortest possible time, when the count is in a matter of days. Tillers are equipped not only with seed drills, but also with potato planters. In addition, a large number of equipment is designed for other uses. Having familiarized ourselves with the simple nozzles, we will try to deal with those that are classified as complex.
The plow is perhaps the most popular tiller attachment. It can be fully appreciated by those who had to dig up a land plot manually for long days. The equipment, equipped with a plow, will plow the field quickly, completely taking physical labor upon itself. The plow is capable of plowing the ground to a depth of 15-25 cm. At the same time, it looks quite simple, in the form of a steel plate on a metal arm, with a skimmer element. The simplicity of the design allows many craftsmen to make it on their own. This mechanism is ambiguous, it has its own varieties.
- The plow is standard. Endowed with a wide ploughshare (knife) and a curved blade, which gives it the ability to cut weeds and turn over layers of soil.
- Reversible plow. A more complex structure, which consists of two plows, fixed at a certain angle on the frame, with dumps, “looking” in opposite directions. While one is plowing the soil, the second is in a state of reserve, the plow is changed on the next furrow, this greatly simplifies the work of the plowman.
- Zykov’s plow. This device turns and crumbles the soil layer better due to the improved shape of the moldboard.