Preparation of tools and materials
Before making a snow blower with your own hands, you need to draw up a drawing of it, calculate the consumption of materials and prepare tools.
For the manufacture of small snowplow equipment with a working width of 50 cm, you can use an engine from an existing tiller. It can be replaced with any engine with a capacity of about 1 kW. To create the rest of the components you will need:
- Auger body. sheet metal roofing, sides. 1 cm thick plywood.
- The design of the auger, as can be seen from the DIY drawing of the snow blower, includes the following elements:
- the central axis is a metal pipe with a diameter of ¾ “;
- scapula. metal plate 1227 cm;
- two-way screw rotation system. conveyor belt or sheet metal;
- closed bearings 205;
- auger drive. belt or chain.
- Frame. metal corners 55 cm, cross members. corners 2.52.5 cm.
- Platform for engine installation. metal corners 55 cm.
- Snow chute. PVC sewer pipe 16 cm in diameter.
- Ski track. wooden beams with plastic pads.
- Control knob. half-inch metal pipe.
- The transverse corners and the handle are fastened with M8 bolts.
Of the tools you will need:
- welding machine;
- drill and angle grinder for metal;
- hammer and square;
- jigsaw or saw;
- metal clamps.
Assembling the structure and starting the unit
To put a self-made snow blower into operation, you need to put the structure together:
- Provide a quick-release mount for the motor on the frame.
- Improve the track:
- Cut inclined slats from wooden beams.
- Attach parts to the frame and cover them with plastic for better glide.
Before starting, it is necessary to check the strength of the welds, the reliability of the fasteners and the course of the blades. they should rotate freely.
Do-it-yourself snow blower based on the engine from the tiller.
Completion and drawings of homemade equipment
The snow blower comes standard with:
- motor. installed on the longitudinal axis, in order to avoid distortions during operation;
- gas tank from the “Ural”. mounted on the steering support;
- frame. made of pipes with a cross section of 2020 mm;
- ladle. a body made of a metal pipe 1010 mm, sheathing. galvanized sheet with a thickness of 1.5 mm;
- auger-rotor shaft, consisting of a pipe, rotor (steel 2 mm thick) and auger blades (duralumin sheet 4 mm thick);
- bearing unit.
Drawings of a snow blower from a chainsaw clearly demonstrate the device and assembly diagram with their own hands.
Gasoline model assembly sequence
Frame and bucket creation:
- Weld the frame from metal pipes, following the drawing given.
- Cover the bucket with a galvanized sheet, fixing it to the frame with aluminum rivets 5 mm in diameter.
- Along the bottom of the bucket, weld a metal plate 4 mm thick and 604 cm in size.
- Rivet a polyethylene strip to the installed plate.
Production of a rotor-auger shaft:
- Familiarize yourself with the design of the shaft and prepare its components:
- pipe cut with a length of 568 mm;
- sealed bearings 401616 mm;
- 12 steel blades;
- two rotor blades 115 mm wide.
- Weld steel lugs to the ends of the pipe, on which the bearings will be fixed.
- Two corners made of 4 mm thick metal with a size of 2525 mm are bolted to the frame.
- Install a 33-tooth sprocket on the shaft at 12.7 pitch.
- Weld the auger blades in pairs to the shaft at a distance of 96 mm, observing the symmetry of their location.
- Bolt the half-blades to the auger “wings”.
- Install rotor blades.
- In the engine, replace the drive sprocket of the gearbox with a cardan transmission.
- Install the removed sprocket on the propeller shaft at the end of the second bend.
- Bolt the body to the frame using the angles.
- Make an axis from a pipe with a diameter of 26 mm and a length of 55 cm.
- Weld pins with a diameter of 20 mm along the edges of the axis.
- Fix wheels with built-in bearings. wheels from a conventional trolley will do.
Additionally, the device can be equipped with a folding sleeve that will regulate the direction of the snow.
Rotary mounted “snow blower” for tiller
The rotary nozzle is a two-stage model, the most difficult to make on your own. A snow blower for a tiller of this type consists of two working elements: auger and a screw. The rotating blades of the auger transfer the snow masses to the high-speed impeller, where they are additionally crushed and thrown through the bucket. This principle of operation increases the productivity of equipment and the range of snow throwing (up to 12 m).
The entire creation process is conventionally divided into two stages:
- Making a bucket with a working mechanism.
- Tiller and snow blower connection.
The sequence of manufacturing a rotary canopy:
- According to the drawings of the snow blower for the tiller, prepare the parts of the box, drum for the rotor and pipes from sheet metal.
- From metal 1.5-2 mm thick, make a casing for placing the auger. The bucket is assembled from a curved center part and end cheeks. Cut holes for the auger shaft on the sides. The impeller casing will also support the drum with the rotor.
- Make a screw shaft.
- Cut 8 half-discs from steel 2 mm thick.
- Weld spiral augers to a metal pipe.
- Shaft with augers “put” on ball bearings 203.
- Creation and fastening of the rotor:
- A 20L aluminum boiler or a sheet metal cylinder can be used as a drum.
- Connect the prepared drum to the body of the snow thrower.
- The rotor is assembled by welding from profiled metal strips, disc, shaft and bearings, as shown in the diagram.
- 1. lateral side;
- 2. rotor disk;
- 3. stiffener;
- 4. bushing;
- 5. glass;
- 6. ball bearing;
- 7. cover;
- 8. pulley;
- 9. rotor shaft;
- 10. bolt fastening;
- 11. ring;
- 12. screw connection;
- 13. drum. rotor housing.
The design of the hand-made rotary snow blower is bolted to the tiller using a profile and angle. The torque is recreated by means of a V-belt connection. The A-100 belt is suitable for this purpose.
Create a dozer blade
It is much easier to manufacture a dozer-type blade or a snow shovel for a tiller. The self-made unit works in three positions: forward, left and right at a slope of 30 °.
To create a blade with a working width of 850 cm you will need:
- barrel made of steel for 200 liters;
- square pipe with a cross section of 44 cm. 85 cm;
- iron sheet 3 mm thick with a size of 8510 cm;
- bolts М8, М10 and М12, nuts and washers;
- tools for working with metal (welding machine, angle grinder, pliers, etc.).
- Cut off the bottom and lid from the barrel.
- Cut the formed cylinder into three equal segments.
- Fold the two segments together and weld along the perimeter. a rigid sheet with a thickness of 3 mm is formed.
- To strengthen the lower part of the blade, attach a knife. a strip of steel with a thickness of 5 mm. The step of fixing the cutter is 10 cm. Put rubber pads on the homemade knife.
- Weld a 4040 mm pipe along the center of the blade.
- Fasten a semicircle of a thick-walled metal sheet to the pipe by welding. Make three holes in the installed arc, allowing you to change the direction of the shovel.
- From a pipe with a cross section of 4040 mm, make an L-shaped holder. One end is bolted to the frame with holes in the blade and the other to the tiller.
How to make a snowplow from a chainsaw
Chainsaw snow blower up to 7 HP from. easy to manufacture and manage. Below is an example of making a snowplow based on the Ural 2T saw. Its feature is the presence of an inertial clutch, which acts as a safety device when a foreign object enters the rotor.
How to make a homemade snow blower with your own hands from a chainsaw and scrap materials
The for ready-made models of snow removal equipment force many to take up a shovel and clear paths by hand. To mechanize the process with minimal financial costs, you can design a snow blower with your own hands. The first step is to assess your own strength, available material and equipment. Based on the conditions. select the optimal implementation project, develop a drawing, study the manufacturing technology and draw up a snowplow assembly plan.
- Manufacturing technology of auger snow blower
- The design and principle of operation of technology
- Preparation of tools and materials
- Creating a snowplow frame and auger
- Assembling the structure and starting the unit
Parts and assembly
Let’s start by making the base. We cut out two workpieces measuring 610 by 100 mm with a jigsaw, cut one of the edges at 45 degrees. You will need two pieces of plywood, measuring 370 x 50 mm, to join them.
Another detail, 370 by 100, in which a semicircle is cut to fit the body. The runners are ready, let’s start creating the handle
From the same plywood sheet we make two bars 50 mm wide and long for the operator’s height.
Note that the handle will be at an angle to the runners. Its length can be measured experimentally.
Strong attachment of the handle will be provided by two more bars. a brace of the same width. Their length depends on the angle of inclination of the handle.
Stiga electric lawn mowers give your yard a well-groomed look in minutes.
This article contains helpful tips on which chainsaw to choose.
Before purchasing a Buhler tractor, you should carefully read its technical characteristics, which are located here //machinspec.com/selskoxozyajstvennaya/traktor/buhler.html.
We make a scraper. Iron sheet 570 mm long and 150 mm wide. We bend it so that we get a shovel, with a base size of 370 mm, an initial side height of 100 mm and an opposite side of 570 mm.
Let’s start making the main parts. We cut out a strip of metal with a length of 330 mm and a width of 250 mm. We fold the resulting workpiece into a ring. We fix it with spot welding. We make the bottom for the learned pipe and weld it in place.
Now you need to make 2 holes. One will be in the center of the bottom. Its diameter should be equal to the protruding part of the gear cover of the angle grinder. Another hole is located on the side. Its dimensions are 150 by 200 mm.
We make a deflector, which is responsible for the direction of the ejection. It consists of a 420 x 150 mm rectangular plate and two triangular side supports. The long side of the triangle is 420 mm and the height is 150 mm. At its base, you will have to cut out a semicircle for a snug fit to the body.
The rotor will look like a disc with welded blades. Its diameter is 300 mm. You will also need to cut 4 blades in the form of a right-angled triangle, with a height of 100 mm and a base size of 277 mm. Drill a 23 mm hole in the center of the disc.
It is better to order a rotor in a lathe. If there are the slightest errors in the calculations, the increased vibration will quickly ruin the gearbox.
The angle grinder does not need to be disassembled. The only thing to do is find 4 bolts. Their diameter and thread must match the holes in the grinder gearbox. Only the length should be at least twice as long.
- We collect the base. We fasten the runners together with the help of prepared bars. We fasten it with self-tapping screws, one in the middle, the second at the end with a saw cut. We use the same hardware to attach the handles and struts. We attach a metal pipe on top, connecting both handles.
- We fix the blade to the flat ends of the runners. To increase strength, we use bolts and nuts.
- We attach the deflector by spot welding, above the side opening of the body.
- We attach the angle grinder to the body using the elongated gear bolts. An additional mount would be appropriate. It is made from thin strips of metal. We bend it into a half ring, put it on the tool, and weld it to the bottom of the case.
All parts of the resulting snow blower should be painted. This will help extend their lifespan. As you may have already noticed, as a result, you will get a unit of impressive size, but if you are the owner of a small area, then it is better to concentrate on assembling a mini snow blower with your own hands, because it is much easier to assemble it, and after use, lay it in the far corner of the garage.
Drum body manufacturing
The drum body is a metal cylinder with a diameter greater than its height. The size of the diameter and height of this “Box” determines the amount of snow that will be thrown to the side. The body should not be too large as this could overload the trimmer motor.
The drum is made by cutting out a circle of the required diameter from a sheet of metal and welding a rim to it. This collar can be made from the same sheet metal by cutting a tape from it, the length of which is equal to the circumference of the circle. Welding is carried out in a pointwise way to avoid deformation of the workpieces due to the high heating temperature. After tacking the parts by welding to one point, the side is bent along the edge of the circle, the point fastening is repeated. As a result, you should get a kind of round “Bowl” with a rim.
Its optimal diameter is 30 cm, and the height of the side is from 5 to 8 cm.
A hole is drilled in the center of the bottom of the “Bowl”, which is intended for attaching the drum to the gearbox housing for the transmission of rotation to the trimmer shaft. The hole diameter is several units larger than the shaft diameter. their contact is excluded. The drum is permanently attached to the gearbox. To do this, elongated nuts are welded to the gearbox housing or the fixing holes in the gearbox itself, if any, are used. In the bottom of the drum, holes are drilled, located opposite the equipped fasteners on the gearbox. By aligning the holes with the mounting points on the gearbox, you can screw the drum to the working part of the trimmer.
To keep the drum body firmly on the trimmer, a stop is welded to the back of the first. This element is a jumper connecting the drum with the tube-body of the spit cardan. The jumper is attached to the tube with a clamp.
Grinder. Snow Blower from Angle Grinder
An angle grinder snow blower is made on the basis of a wooden sled, to which the rest of the mechanism is attached. The design includes: a deflector, a rotor and its casing. A shovel-shaped sheet of steel is attached to the front. an angle grinder plays the role of a drive, and is responsible for the rotation of the blades.
How does this miracle of technology work? The operator pushes the sled, shoveling snow in front of him. Snow, hitting the shovel, goes to the rotor blades and is thrown to the side.
The principle of operation of this device is very similar to a mechanical snow blower, which we will discuss here.
How To Fix A Cracked Plastic Gas Tank. Video
“Snow blower” from the trimmer and lawn mowers. how it works
There are many options for making a snow blower from a lawn mower. Let’s dwell on the simplest method. Replace the cutting blade with a rotor. This snow blower will work like a regular shovel. Only you don’t have to lift it, you just need to carry it along the ground. She will shovel the snow and throw it aside.
Step-by-step manufacturing of parts and assembly of a homemade snowplow
We begin to cut the profile. We make 2 pieces 100 cm long and 4 pieces 50 cm long. Parts of a shorter length should be bent, giving the shape of the future blade. We weld the resulting parts. Long pieces are located vertically above and below. A pair of short pieces are at the edges, remaining at an equal distance from the middle.
We take a sheet of metal and cut out a workpiece with a width of 100 cm and a height of 50 cm.
Along the contour, at a distance of 1 cm from the edge, we drill holes. We apply the workpiece to the frame, drill the profile along the holes already obtained. Now we rivet the parts together.
We make fastening elements from a profile. We cut off two blanks 20 cm long and a couple more, 30 cm. Different sizes are needed so that the raked snow goes to the side. We fasten them in the form of a corner using spot welding. At a distance of 3 cm from the seam, we drill every detail.
- We weld fasteners to the shovel frame.
- We put the blade on the lawn mower. We make holes in its body for mounting bolts.
- We fasten the structure.
Remove the knife before starting the mower.
Necessary materials and tools to make a snowblower with your own hands
We will make a dump from a metal profile 20 by 20 mm and a sheet of smooth roofing iron. Tools required: angle grinder, welding machine, drill, riveter and other hand tools.
Benefits of a homemade snow blower
Creating a snow blower from a trimmer may be necessary when the first is available, but the second is needed. Modification will allow you to use the same garden tool for different purposes.
The main advantage of a homemade snowplow is its low manufacturing cost. There is no need to purchase a specialized unit. Homemade and / or purchased accessories are used to reorient the tool. Not every mower is suitable for converting into a snow blower.
Before starting this process, you should make sure that it is advisable. To do this, it is necessary to evaluate the characteristics of the existing automatic streamer.
About a snow blower with your own hands: a snow blower from a trimmer and a chainsaw
DIY chainsaw snow blower
Before starting work, you will need to select the drawings. The diagram used must accurately indicate the dimensions of all components, and also be able to install them in a common device.
To assemble a homemade product, you will also need to prepare parts. Their list includes:
- pipes of different diameters made of steel and aluminum;
- metal forged shaft;
- several bearings;
- Sheet steel;
- welding machine;
- hand tools: wrenches, screwdrivers.
Assembling a homemade household snow blower from a chainsaw consists of several stages. Their list includes:
- Frame assembly and engine installation. A homemade snow thrower should be equipped with a sturdy and impact-resistant frame. The stability of the snowplow when driving off-road, as well as the protection of its internal parts from mechanical damage, largely depends on its quality and balancing.
Welding a sturdy frame is best made from solid steel and aluminum pipes. The base of the frame must be assembled from pipes of the same diameter. Further, pipes of smaller thickness will be welded to them. When assembling, it is required to pay attention to 2 installed longitudinal pipes, which directly in the device will not only play the role of one of the frame parts, but also act as snowplow runners. When connecting, all their holes will need to be welded so that snow does not clog in them, which provokes corrosion.
When assembling, the transverse pipes must be welded to the rear of the longitudinal pipes. they must be equipped with an engine for a snow blower. In this case, the first transverse part must be welded at the extreme rear of the longitudinal elements, and the next one. 20 cm from the previous one. As a result, a frame in the shape of the letter “P” should be formed. Next, you need to install the engine. It must be fixed with welding or heavy-duty bolts. Then the standard chain sprocket for the chainsaw must be replaced with a small sprocket, which can be taken from any old Soviet motorcycle.
Assembling the body of the working auger and the drive mechanism of the snow blower. To create a working auger, a small diameter pipe, 80–85 cm long, is best suited. It will be difficult to install a reliable drive on a shorter auger, located in front of the main part of the bucket made later. One of the main roles in the independent manufacture of the auger is played by bearings correctly selected for the shaft.
From sheet steel, you will need to cut 4 absolutely identical circles, about 300 wide and 2 mm thick. Further, in the circles you need to make holes with a diameter of 22-23 cm, and cut them for the further manufacture of turns for the auger. All this needs to be done with all 4 circles. After that, 2 plates will need to be welded to the central part of the shaft used. It is best that the plates are welded parallel to each other. in this position, they will more effectively throw snow when using the snowplow with a chainsaw. Then the screw plates are welded to the shaft so that they are parallel. All together the plates must fit on a 70 cm long piece of shaft. The rest of the pipe is required to install the assembled chain drive;
Snow blower bucket manufacturing. For self-assembly of the bucket, you will need 2 round metal sidewalls, the initial size of which should initially exceed the direct dimensions of the auger by about 7 cm.
Before finally fixing the auger for the snow blower, you will need to put bearings on the shaft;
Snow Blower Repair Clogged Carburetor
Discharge chute assembly. To make this part of a snow blower from a household chainsaw, you will need an aluminum pipe, at least 10 cm long and about 15 cm in diameter.To install an aluminum pipe, you will need to make several holes in a homemade auger. Next, a one-piece metal pipe is inserted into them and fastened with bolts.
A metal box is installed on top of the pipe. The sprocket, which was taken from a Soviet motorcycle, must be put on that section of the shaft that remained free after mounting the screw plates;
Final assembly of a snow blower with an internal combustion engine from a chainsaw. To assemble a homemade product, first of all, you need to weld a bucket and auger to the longitudinal parts of the made frame. Next, you will need to install a chain on the manufactured drive. To make this easier to do, you need to use a tension sprocket, which will be attached to the auger with bolts.
Next, you need to make a handle using several metal pipes. It will need to bring out the controls: the throttle position adjustment lever, the ignition on and off button, and other switches.
A snow blower assembled in this way from a household chainsaw will be able to clear areas ranging from 5 to 25 acres. The homemade product will be quite easy to maintain and suitable for self-repair.
Variants of making a snow blower from engines from different chainsaws
Different chainsaws are equipped with different motors. In this regard, when assembling a snow blower, the manufacturer will need to make certain changes to its device. Let’s consider them using the example of those chainsaws, the engines from which are most often used for the manufacture of homemade equipment.
DIY chainsaw snow blower
Snow removal equipment is not a cheap thing, so many craftsmen prefer to collect snow blowers with their own hands from a chainsaw. This is not difficult if you stock up on accurate drawings in advance and act strictly according to their instructions. In this case, it will be possible to assemble an effective homemade product, which will help to clear the area not only from freshly fallen, but also from wet adhering snow.
Chainsaw snow blower Ural
Like Druzhba saws, Ural garden chain tools have an increased supply of torque and traction. Therefore, when assembling a snow blower from the Ural chainsaw, you can draw a diagram of a large-sized machine with a wide volumetric bucket and a powerful auger mechanism in advance.
The base of the snow blower will be a frame consisting of three rather than two longitudinal tubes. An additional pipe is needed to increase the stability of the machine on slopes and slopes. At the rear of the frame, 3 transverse narrow steel plates, at least 5 mm thick, must be welded. Above the pipes you need to install the engine, and fix it with 5-6 powerful bolts.
The motor must be connected to the wheels and auger by means of a chain drive. To mount it, you will need 2 large sprockets. During intensive work of the snow blower from the used chainsaw, they must be lubricated, otherwise the parts will quickly heat up and crack.
To operate a home-made machine, you will need a powerful auger, consisting of a shaft with a diameter of 5 to 7 mm, as well as 4 screw plates. They should be parallel to each other on the shaft and point directly to the center of the bucket. Bucket welding requires 2 sidewalls and a semicircle made of galvanized steel.
After assembling the snow blower, all its metal elements must be painted to protect them from corrosion.
Chainsaw snow blower Friendship
To make the assembled homemade product reliable and balanced, you will need to study the diagrams before assembling it. The drawings should provide guidance to the manufacturer about the correct procedure and installation methods for assemblies into the overall design of the snow blower.
The engine from the Druzhba chainsaw is distinguished by high power, therefore, unlike imported saws, during operation it vibrates and makes noise quite strongly. To make the operation of a snow blower from a Druzhba chainsaw more convenient, you will need to install a thick piece of rubber when installing the motor between the frame and the engine. It will significantly reduce vibration to the frame and to the operator handle.
To reduce noise during the constant operation of a homemade snow blower, the engine built into it will need to be equipped with a muffler. To do this, you need to take a metal one-piece pipe, which must be bolted to the motor or welded. Inside the metal pipe it is necessary to install a rubber gasket, also folded in the shape of a pipe.
It must be remembered that due to the high power, a snow blower from a Druzhba brand saw will need to be equipped with a stronger chain. It must withstand high loads, otherwise, the snowplow will quickly fail.
Stihl chainsaw snow blower
A machine made from a German brand chainsaw will turn out to be small-sized and quite maneuverable. Before you start assembling it, you will need to carefully study the drawings, which will indicate the dimensions of the parts and their location in the general device of the snowplow.
The role of the base of the chainsaw snow blower will be played by a sturdy metal frame. In its rear part, a motor must be mounted, under which it is necessary to first install and fix rubber, 5 mm thick. Between the two longitudinal pipes of the frame, a chain drive must be carried out, under which a galvanized steel plate must be welded to the pipes.
Next, you need to weld the intake bucket. For a Stihl household chainsaw snow blower, the dimensions of the bucket should not exceed 60 × 50 cm in width and height, respectively. An auger is mounted inside the bucket, consisting of a 65-cm shaft and screw plates located on it.
A ready-made snow blower from a Stihl chainsaw will be able to remove dry and sticky snow, as well as clear snowdrifts up to 50 cm high.