Homemade blade (shovel) for the tiller, photos, drawings
A do-it-yourself dump for a tiller is made of rolled metal. To simplify the task, used gas cylinders or a thick-walled barrel are used as the material. The assembly principle is the same, but the workpieces cut by the angle grinder have a ready-made semicircular shape. To make a structure, you will need a welding machine and skills in working with it. Some parts can be bolted, but the main frame elements only need to be welded for maximum strength.
- Design features
- Benefits and working principle
- How to make a do-it-yourself blade on a tiller
- Do-it-yourself blade drawings for a tiller
- How to make a tiller blade from a barrel
- Homemade tiller blade from a gas cylinder
- How to make a sheet metal tiller snow shovel
- Attaching a homemade snow blade to the tiller
- Professional advice
This model is fundamentally different from all other types. It consists of several curved shares, which are located on the same axis. The axle moves at the expense of the engine speed and the PTO shaft. Thus, he turns the ground over. Such a rotary plow for a tiller can plow the ground to a depth of 25-35 centimeters without much labor. It is much easier to work with it than with a conventional plow, since it can plow the land not only in a straight line, but also with a slope. This is especially true for areas with non-standard geometry..
DIY mechanized tool
The basis of the unit is a frame welded from a corner or pipe – the mechanism itself will be held on it. The frame is installed on wheels or runners – they can be made from a bar and sheathed with thin sheet metal, plastic, or use a watering hose with a large diameter, cutting it along.
A motor from a tiller or an engine with a power of 5-6 kW, revolutions – up to 1500 is installed on the frame. The drive is carried out by a chain reducer using bicycle sprockets.
The auger is made of a pipe, 4 metal blades of such a size that they can rotate freely without touching the walls of the snow receiver. A plate is welded in the center of the pipe, which serves as a shovel for prying off the snow mass. Two blades should be directed in one direction, two in the opposite direction, towards each other.
The box is made of 2 mm sheet metal. Blades can also be made from it. The shaft is inserted into the holes on the sides of the box and connected to an asterisk.
A nozzle is made in the center of the snow receiver (the hole should coincide with the throwing blade), and to it – a branch pipe, on which a sleeve is put on to divert the mass to the side. The finished structure is fixed on a frame with wheels or skis.
The handle is welded, the engine is bolted, an asterisk or pulley is put on the shaft, a belt or chain drive is pulled.
The blade belongs to the category of attachments. Attach it to any brand of tiller. However, the size of the bucket is selected taking into account the power of the unit. If you attach a large shovel to a weak tiller, its motor will overheat during operation, and it will fail faster..
If you take a closer look at the photo, a homemade tiller blade consists of three main parts:
- snow bucket;
- main frame of attachments;
- bucket angle adjuster.
Factory-made dumps have a similar design..
Important! The blade can be used not only with a tiller. Attachments are used with mini-tractors, they are even attached to a passenger car. The blade belongs to the category of attachments used with tillers, mini tractors and other equipment
The bucket or shovel is the main working unit. The curved shape makes it possible to capture large amounts of snow. However, it is difficult for the tiller to push it in front of him when he has to clear thick drifts. Reducing the load on the engine allows the adjusting unit that connects the shovel to the frame of the attachment. It has three positions for setting the bucket:
- turn left;
- turn to the right;
The first two positions make it possible to move the captured snow to the left or right. the tiller does not have to push a large mass in front of him. Usually the angle of rotation of the shovel does not exceed 30 °. The bucket is placed in the “straight” position when a thin layer of snow is removed or an area is cleared where it is not possible to move it to the side.
Installing a snow blower on a tiller – about installation in detail
The blade must be fastened to the tiller by means of a system of brackets that must be welded to the tiller’s supporting structure. Use two rods that will be inoperative as additional locks. The rods will serve to reduce the load on the brackets used.
It is not recommended to use bolts without brackets for fastening for a number of reasons. Firstly, they can freeze to the structure, which is why you cannot remove the blade from the tiller. Secondly, the bolts, even anchor bolts, during the operation of the tiller with a blade, will succumb to strong vibration, which will lead to their deformation or loss during cleaning. Third, the bolts will not be able to hold the bucket full of snow. As a result, the fasteners will break sooner or later..
You may be interested in:
Both in central highways and in lo.
In this article, we will tell you what t # 10.
Sprayer, sprayer may become.
Cold welding uses the butt today.
Let’s talk about acrylic paints that are # 1.
How to do it yourself
If you already have a tiller, then you can easily make this structural addition with your own hands. Most often people buy a Neva brand unit.
To assemble the blade, you may need the following materials and tools:
- a bucket from an old and already unnecessary shovel;
- iron sheet with a thickness of at least 2-3 mm;
- tin barrel;
- Angle Grinder;
- welding machine;
- hammer and electric drill.
This list can be expanded with additional materials depending on which version has been chosen. For example, this list can be expanded with the following materials:
- tin strip 5 mm thick;
- stiffeners 3-4 mm thick;
- attachment lugs for traction;
- drills, washers, nuts and bolts (M12, M10, and M8);
- rods with a length of 520 mm;
- rubber sheet, etc.
Upon completion of the preparatory stage in terms of finding the necessary tools and materials, you can start assembling the blade shovel with your own hands.
Making a Paring Knife from a Rusted Tiller Point Part I Blade Grinding
How to make a shovel for a tiller with your own hands according to a drawing
What is it for
shovel diagram for tiller
After correctly connecting all parts of the tiller (brand Neva, etc.), we connect it to the outlet and remove the snow from the required area. But do not think that you will need such equipment only when clearing snow. The unit can also be used to remove plant debris from the fields after harvesting, as well as to level the soil before planting cultivated plants. In addition, a shovel blade will allow you to transfer a small amount of land from one place to another..
As you can see, this tool is very necessary when growing cultivated plants in the garden. With its help, you can carry out certain tasks for the arrangement and improvement of the garden and personal plot.
Description of the fixture
To understand what drawings will be needed in the course of assembling the tool with your own hands, you need to understand what a shovel blade for a tiller is. a fully loaded tiller (Neva or another model) consists of the following parts:
- a pen. It is often made in the form of a “telescope”. This allows you to adjust its height. In addition, there are convenient handrails on the handle itself on both sides. With their help, the unit (Neva or another company) is guided in the course of movement. All handle parts are firmly fastened with nuts;
- ladle. It is fastened with nuts to the base of the electric motor.
- electric motor. It is located under the body and below it has the main ones for connecting a variety of nozzles.
In this case, the motoblock shovel itself consists of the following parts:
- the shovel itself;
- a device for adjusting the angle of rotation of the shovel;
- fastener assembly.
This add-on can have various modifications depending on the type of tiller (Neva, etc.). But the general features and principle of operation are characteristic of all models. Rotation of the structure is possible at the following angle:
- to the right (with a slope of 30º);
- to the left (with a slope of 30º);
As you can see, the shovel blade for the tiller acts as an attachment. Drawings for this tool can be easily found in specialized literature or instructions for the unit (Neva, etc.). Using them, you can easily make it yourself. Such a homemade shovel blade will be operated no worse than its factory counterpart.
Option number 1. The easiest way is to make an instrument from an old steel barrel. The ease of manufacture is due to the fact that the barrel already has the required roundness. The tool assembly process is carried out as follows:
- we take a 200-liter barrel;
- we clean its surface from rust and dirt;
- we saw it into three parts;
- we weld two parts with a welding machine along the contour. This will give the structure additional rigidity;
- the bottom of the blade should be reinforced with a knife or a steel strip. In the reinforcement, you need to drill holes with a step of 10-12 cm and a diameter of 5-6 mm;
- in the resulting holes it is necessary to fix a safety strip made of rubber;
- then we attach the attachment system to the tiller to the resulting product.
Option number 2. Using an iron sheet. In this case, you need to carry out the following manipulations:
- clean the sheet from dirt and rust on it;
- bend the sheet. For these purposes, you can use any large semicircular object (barrel, buckets, etc.). In such a situation, you will achieve a better curvature and optimal shape of the sheet than when bending without additional devices;
- the lower edge of the sheet should be heavier. To do this, we weld a strip of iron or a piece of wire to it;
- turn over the resulting bucket. We weld fastening systems to its convex side, with the help of which it will be hung on the tiller (Neva and other firms).
The result is a plate that can be bolted to the machine. Now all you have to do is install the resulting tool and test it for durability and efficiency..
As you can see, both options can be done with your own hands in a home workshop. The dumps obtained in this way, subject to the technology of working with metal and the welding machine, will not differ in any way (in terms of physical, chemical and technical parameters) from the purchased models. At the same time, you will save a significant amount of money, since such a complete unit is quite expensive. The main thing in the assembly process is to deal with the drawing of the tool and properly weld all its components together..
How to make a do-it-yourself blade for a tiller
Making a blade for a tiller with your own hands is not difficult at all if your farm has an angle grinder, drill and welding machine.
Here is one of the simple options for such a product for the owners of tillers. You will not have to search for a suitable metal for a long time, since for this you can use an ordinary two-hundred-liter steel barrel.
Carefully cut it into three pieces and you have three curved segments for the shovel. Welding two of them along the contour, we get a product with a metal thickness of three millimeters, which is quite enough to ensure the rigidity of the blade.
The lower part of the blade is reinforced with a knife. To do this, you will need a 5 mm thick steel strip equal to the length of the blade’s grip. Holes with a diameter of 5-6 mm are drilled in the knife with a step of 10-12 cm to fix the rubber safety strip.
The design of fastening the blade to the tiller is quite simple and can be easily implemented in a home workshop. At the same time, a 40×40 mm square pipe is welded to the blade, welded from two segments of the barrel, approximately in the middle of its height for reinforcement. Then a semicircle of thick steel is welded to the pipe in its middle, in which three holes are made, necessary to fix the angles of rotation of the shovel-blade.
After that, an L-shaped holder is cooked from the same pipe, one end of which is inserted into the hole in the semicircle, and the other is bolted to the tiller frame. To adjust the lifting height of the shovel, bolts A and B are used. They are screwed into the holes in a piece of square pipe, which is welded to the hitch and put on the L-shaped holder..
Working with a tiller blade
Before starting work, the shovel-blade of the tiller is manually turned left and right at an angle of up to 30 degrees. The position adjustment operation is completed by setting the desired angle and securing the blade in the selected position with cotter pins.
The width of the blade for a tiller shovel is usually one meter (some models may have a different value) with a bucket metal thickness of 2 to 3 mm. In the factory, shovels are made of high quality steel.
Homemade blade for a tiller do it yourself drawings
Snow plows, easily mounted on all types of equipment, significantly speed up and facilitate the process of clearing snow. Any snow blower blade for a tiller contains three main parts – a snow shovel, a shovel angle adjustment device and an attachment point that fixes the shovel on the tractor frame.
There are several designs of ready-made dumps that are included in the attachment kits, however, such a “grader” can make a homemade dump for the tiller with your own hands, the drawings are given below.
The dump shovel is an attachment piece used in conjunction with the tiller. With its help, it is possible to mechanize such ordinary work on the land plot as garbage collection, snow removal in winter, as well as leveling the ground and moving it from one place to another. Dump shovels have various modifications, but in general they are characterized by the general principle of operation and device. As a rule, they have several typical operating positions. Usually these are the following three points:
- left (with a slope of 30 degrees)
- to the right (with a slope of 30 degrees)
How to make a do-it-yourself blade for a tiller drawings, videos, photos
The harsh winter is such that the owners of private houses often have to deal with snow removal. To solve the snow problem, they use various tools, shovels, etc. Manual snow removal from a large area with the existing level of technology development has become a rare case. And really, why do you need to waste long hours and energy on clearing snowdrifts and debris from your backyard, if you can make a homemade dump for a tiller with your own hands?.
Blade for tiller device and equipment
Shovels for tillers can be equipped with metal blades-attachments, which are convenient for leveling the ground, as well as rubber attachments, designed for clearing snow.
Since there is a wide range of modifications of shovel-dumpers, when choosing such an attachment, be sure to make sure that the device can be installed on an existing tiller..
Manufacturers do not equip tiller blades with spring damping mechanisms, since due to the low speed of movement, special protection against contact with uneven ground is not required. The tiller also does not need lifting and slewing devices, which significantly reduces the total cost of the snow removal kit.
When equipping your tiller with snow plow accessories, buy special metal grousers. Replacing pneumatic wheels with such “shoes” significantly improves the quality of snow removal.
Prices for mounted shovels for tillers are low and range from 4000 to 6000 rubles.
DIY shovel blade for tiller
The size of our shovel blade for the tiller will be 850x220x450mm. The blade itself is made of steel sheet with a thickness of 2-3 mm. The uprights located inside are made of 3-4 mm thick sheet and serve as stiffeners.
Holes are drilled in them in place to attach the blade to the rods, taking into account the strictly vertical position of the blade in relation to the front of the tiller.
- 1 – dump sheet (tin);
- 2 – rack 4pcs (stiffeners);
- 3 – the bottom sheet of the dump (tin);
- 4 – knife;
- 5 – an eye for fastening the traction.
The blade fixing bracket is installed on the tiller legs, to which the base of the front tiller support is attached, and the same M10 bolts are used. Rods 520 mm long are fastened to the brackets with M8 bolts with wing nuts, which are attached to the stiffeners of the blade.
In the inner stiffeners (strut x 3-4 mm thick) holes are drilled to fasten the blade to the rods so that the blade is in a vertical position with respect to the tiller. The blade is additionally fixed on the chiller by means of two adjusting rods: in the inoperative position, they enable the brackets to be unloaded. A knife with dimensions of 3x100x850 mm is bolted to the bottom of the blade.
- 1 – blade;
- 2 – barbell;
- 3 – bracket;
- 4 – thrust.
The bottom of the dump is sheathed with tin to prevent it from being buried in the ground. The width (depth) of the bottom can be made smaller than shown in the drawing. With a blade height of 450mm and a depth of 220mm, it looks more like a bucket.
Taking these recommendations as a basis and experimenting with sizes will help to make a blade-blade for different tillers: Neva, Salut, etc. Then snow removal with a tiller will become an easy and pleasant thing for you..
How to make a do-it-yourself blade or shovel for snow on a tiller: drawings, video
Making a blade from a pipe segment
A shovel blade for cleaning snow on a tiller can be made from a piece of large-diameter steel main pipe (see photo). The video shows how a functional attachment for snow removal can be made from an ordinary piece of scrap metal using improvised blanks and tools found in the garage.
- Align the pipe edges by cutting off any irregularities with an angle grinder.
- Clean the edge, as well as the inner and outer surface of the future snow shovel.
- For the manufacture of the mount, the following are used: a gear from a motor cultivator drive, a 200 mm long bolt with a lock nut and a piece of thick-walled steel pipe. A propeller shaft is taken as a rotary device, which will be attached to a homemade adapter from the tiller’s power take-off shaft. The video shows the manufacturing steps in detail..
- Make a “scraper” from dense thick rubber 15 mm thick by screwing the cut strips to the edge of the blade.
- For shock absorption on the swing-out mechanism, three powerful trampoline springs are used.
- In order to facilitate the work during snow removal work behind the tiller, it is necessary that the shovel blade is heavy. If the weight of the structure is not enough, it is necessary to consider a counterweight. In this case, metal “pancakes” are used.
Tools and materials
You can install a snow clearing knife on the frame of any motor-cultivator with a power of more than 4 hp. and a weight of at least 50 kg. The heavier the machine is, the better it will cope with the effects of a blizzard. It is best to equip the domestic tiller Neva with a shovel. This equipment has high performance, adapted to work in the most severe weather conditions with maximum load..
A do-it-yourself shovel for a tiller is made using the following devices:
- welding machine;
- angle grinder with discs for cutting and grinding metal;
- electric drill;
- set of wrenches;
- paint, paint brush.
After preparing the tool for work, it is necessary to decide on the material from which the shovel-blade for the Tiller Neva will be made. You can make a shovel from various metal products that have a sufficient margin of safety..
Dump on Tiller Neva can be assembled from the following materials:
- An old gas bottle. The thick walls of the cylinder are resistant to high mechanical stress. Having received such a blade, the tiller will be able to cope with compacted snow, level roads, move sand and gravel.
- Barrels with a volume of 200 liters. It should be borne in mind that the walls of the barrel are made of thin steel. Such a shovel for the Neva tiller can only be used to remove fresh snow, which did not have time to thicken and become covered with infusion..
- Metal strips. Bumpers from trucks or corrugated steel, which cover the floors of hangars and warehouses, are well suited for making a blade for a tiller..
In order to make a swivel mechanism, you need steel with a thickness of at least 10 mm. You can find such material at scrap metal collection points. The manufacture of fasteners involves the use of shaped steel pipes 20×40 mm.
When working on loose and deep snow, homemade snow removal equipment can get stuck. This problem can be solved with the help of tracks installed on the axle shaft of the unit. Homemade tracked snow blower can work in any conditions, productivity is not inferior to special equipment.
Blade manufacturing rules
The main rule that must be taken into account when drawing up homemade drawings is the correspondence between the amount of work and the power of the unit. Overloading can lead to increased wear of components and mechanisms, their breakdown and machine failure..
When planning the manufacture of a do-it-yourself blade for a tiller, you must adhere to the following criteria:
- Strength. The knife must have a sufficient resource to serve for at least 5 years. All its parts and mechanisms must be made based on the maximum permissible load and strong impacts.
- Dimensions. A homemade shovel should not be too wide and high. The optimal dimensions are considered to be 80-130 cm wide and 30-50 cm high.
- The presence of a lifting mechanism. The tiller blade can be lifted hydraulically or by levers. This option allows you to remove snow from the yard or use the unit as a loader in the summer..
- Possibility of mounting a swivel joint. With the help of such devices, you can control the knives by tilting them up or down, right or left. The choice of the angle of attack allows for better shoveling of snow and debris away from the track.
- Mandatory installation of a dense rubber shock absorber strip on the bottom of the bucket. This device is necessary in order to protect the tiller from impacts, the bucket from deformation or breakage, and the roadway from mechanical damage..
- Quick installation and removal. Since the tiller is a multifunctional device, all manipulations on its equipment should be carried out promptly and without the use of complex equipment..
The blade layout assumes its installation on the front bracket, under the body or behind the unit. The most optimal is the frontal position of the blade. This position provides the highest quality cleaning..
The bucket made can have a horizontal or vertical orientation. The second option is chosen in cases where you have to work in cramped conditions..
Making a blade from a barrel
For the bucket, you need to select a barrel with thick walls. The best option is a stainless steel product. In the absence of a strong barrel, you can use the usual.
The work is carried out in the following sequence:
- Marking is applied to the barrel. On the bottom and sides, it is divided into 3 identical sectors of 120º each. The object is then cut by an angle grinder. The remaining parts of the bottom are trimmed along the chord. End pieces are needed to stiffen the bucket.
- If the tin is thin, then the 2 parts are folded together and fastened. It is advisable to lubricate the details with hot bitumen before joining. This will prevent corrosion, increase the weight of the bucket and reduce noise from metal striking stones and curbs. Fixation of parts is carried out with rivets or bolts..
- The perimeter of the resulting bucket is reinforced with a steel strip with a thickness of at least 3 mm. Fastening is carried out using welding, bolts or rivets. The upper and lower parts of the bucket are reinforced with semicircular inserts from the drum scrap.
- A conveyor belt is attached to the bottom of the bucket. The width of the protruding part should be between 3-10 cm, depending on the conditions in which it is planned to operate the snow thrower. The belt should be made removable to use the blade for handling bulk materials.
- The finished product is cleaned of rust, sagging and scale. It is treated with anti-corrosion agents and painted..
In a similar way, a bucket is made from a gas cylinder. Since its walls have sufficient strength, their additional reinforcement is not required..
Since the steel on the dump will constantly wear out and become thinner, it is advisable to immediately make a replaceable dump. As soon as the service life of the first stage product ends, you can immediately install a replacement in its place..
Attaching the bucket to the tiller
As a rule, all motor-cultivators have a standard bracket for attaching attachments. It is quite suitable for attaching a front blade. If necessary, an adapter is made to allow the bucket to turn to the right or left.
The mount is made in this way:
- A profile pipe is welded from the back of the bucket. To ensure a firm hold, it is advisable to duplicate the weld seam with several bolts..
- A semicircle with a diameter of 20-25 cm is cut from sheet metal 10 mm thick. The workpiece is welded to the shaped tube. Holes are made in it along the edge with an interval of 20 mm to set the angle of the bucket.
- A holder in the shape of the letter “L” is made from a square tube. The short side of the holder is fixed on the rotary sector, the other end is rigidly fixed on the tiller bracket. To adjust the height of the knife, use the bolts screwed into the adapter.
A simpler connection method is a system of lugs and clamps made of thick sheet steel.
Design features of a homemade blade
The first thing to do before manufacturing equipment is to understand its design features. Any snow thrower for a tiller consists of a fairly hardy working body, an attachment point, a mechanism for adjusting the direction in which snow masses are thrown, as well as a power unit that holds the shovel on the chassis of the used tiller.
Both factory and homemade shovels can have 3 positions:
- to the left, while the slope angle is 30 ⁰;
- to the right, while the slope angle is 30 ⁰.
Immediately before work, a used home-made mounted snow blower for a tiller must be turned left or right, observing a slope angle of 30 ⁰. After that, the fixture is fixed in a suitable position by means of steel cotter pins..
An important role when using a homemade shovel is played by its dimensions. The most productive, and, therefore, the most effective in small and medium-sized areas will be a nozzle for cleaning snow, 1 m wide and 30-40 cm high. But so that a device with such dimensions does not break under the weight of wet snow, the thickness of the metal must be at least 5 mm. Provided that a nozzle with a smaller size is created, the material, respectively, can be thinner..
Blade from a gas cylinder – the procedure for self-production
The method of making a snow plow from a barrel has been known for a long time. It allows you to make an effective and shock-resistant snowplow, capable of handling not only freshly fallen snow, but also snowdrifts up to 1 m high.
To assemble a rotary snow blower for a tiller, you will need to prepare materials and equipment in advance..
For work you will need:
Making a Blade Hoe and Furrow Tool
- an old iron barrel with a volume of about 200 liters;
- steel strip, 85 x 10 cm in size and at least 3 mm thick;
- drills for working with metal;
- pliers and wrenches;
- a piece of thick steel sheet;
- electric drill and welding machine;
- a piece of thick rubber.
For work, you will also need a detailed diagram. It should indicate the dimensions of the spare parts used and the sequence of their installation into the overall structure..
The further order of actions during assembly is as follows:
- Using an angle grinder, you need to cut off the top cover and bottom from the drum used. The resulting cylinder should be cut into 3 equal longitudinal parts;
- Two of the three pieces must be welded to each other along the existing contour. The remaining piece will need to be cut by the angle grinder into identical strips – in the future they will be used as stiffeners. Two such strips must be welded to the side parts of the shovel being made, and all the rest must be evenly distributed over its entire length;
- Further, at the bottom of the blade, you need to install a snow knife. It can be made from a steel strip measuring 85 × 10 cm. 3 holes need to be drilled in the knife. The diameter of each of them should be approximately 6 mm, and the distance between them should be approximately 20 cm. The knife should be attached to the working edge of the blade using suitable bolts;
- The next step is to assemble the mount for the made blade. To do this, a piece of pipe will need to be welded to the central part of the finished blade;
- Then you need to make a holder, which should have an L-shape. With a short part, this element is mounted in a pivoting semicircle. The other side of the holder must be installed on the tiller motor frame;
- You can always adjust the height of the homemade blade by using the two bolts used, screwed into the recess provided in the square pipe. The pipe itself must be welded to the tiller’s coupling mechanism and put on the used L-shaped holder. Making a snow plow from an iron barrel will clearly demonstrate the video.
With a hand-made snow plow from a barrel, cleaning the snow will be much easier and faster. A home-made device to easily cope with the clearing of icy snow and drifts from wet caked masses.
How to make a do-it-yourself blade for a tiller – procedure and advice for beginners
The easiest way to make a shovel for a tiller is to use a sheet of steel, about 3 mm thick. This method will make it possible to make a reliable device that can cope not only with freshly fallen, but also with caked snow..
Immediately before assembling the shovel, you should carefully study the drawings. In them, it is imperative to indicate the dimensions of each of the parts used, as well as the appropriate methods for their installation in the manufactured structure.
If a home-made snow plow is regularly used to clear snowdrifts, then a bucket made of steel will need to be reinforced with corners or stiffeners made of steel, at least 1 cm thick.In the racks used, you will need to first make holes that will make it possible to fix the shovel on the rods. It is imperative that the homemade snow shovel is positioned strictly upright. To do this, you will need to have a barbell, shovel, rod and a suitable bracket available..
A homemade snow plow for a tiller should consist of the following elements:
- 4 struts for bucket rigidity;
- horizontal and vertical plane of the blade;
- lugs for fixing rods;
To collect a snow plow, you will need the following tools and materials:
- hardened steel sheet 85 x 70 cm and 3 mm thick;
- 4 hardened steel plates, 45 x 23 cm and 4 mm thick;
- 2 lugs for fixing the used rods;
- bolts for fastening brands M8, M10 and M12, fastening nuts and washers;
- a set of drills for working with metal;
- wrenches and pliers;
- a piece of thick, fairly dense, durable rubber;
- a piece of thick steel sheet;
- angle grinder and discs for working with metal;
- electric welding machine;
- electric drill.
The manufacturing sequence is as follows:
- First you need to make a suitable shovel for the tiller for removing snow. For this purpose, the steel sheet is heated with a gas burner and bent into a semicircle. After that, stiffeners must be welded to the rear surface of the blade, and a rubber strip must be bolted in front of the blade at the bottom of the blade;
- After that, one steel plate must be welded on the sides of the bucket – they will hold the collected snow;
- In the central parts of the welded side walls, one hole must be drilled;
- Further, a shaft with a screw mechanism fixed to it is inserted into the holes made;
- After assembling the dump, you will need to make a chute through which the collected snow masses will be thrown to the side;
- To make a gutter, you need to take a wide water pipe and weld its upper surface of the made blade. In order for the snow to pass freely through the chute, in the part of the dump where the chute is installed, you will need to make a wide hole;
- A thin steel plate must be welded at the point of attachment of the gutter and blade, which will prevent the loss of collected snow;
- At the final stage, the finished snowplow for the tiller will need to be painted, thereby protecting it from corrosion. The result of the work done can be seen in the photo..
A tiller auger snow plow made in this way will make it possible to remove a large amount of snow. Depending on the power of the auger mechanism used, the throwing distance of snow masses will be from 2 to 8 m.
Blade (shovel) for tiller
Residents of many countries in the post-Soviet space know firsthand how severe winters can be – a huge amount of snow falling in some regions seriously interferes with the life and movement of people. Fortunately, this problem can be solved by building a snow blower for a tiller. This device, simple in design, will allow you to get rid of packed and freshly fallen snow, saving the time and effort of its owner..
Self-installation of a snow blower on a tiller
The blade is attached to the tiller by means of the provided brackets, which must first be installed on the tiller engine frame. As additional clamps used, you will need to use the two rods available in the structure, which, initially, are inoperative. Thus, the rods will relieve the brackets used. The knife provided in the design will need to be fixed at the lower horizontal edge with bolts. More details about the method of mounting the blade can be seen in the photo..
In the process of work, you need to monitor the height of the equipment, otherwise the tiller engine will succumb to an increased load, and the bucket itself will scratch the decorative coating of the local area.
A homemade snow plow can be installed and actively used on the Neva MB-1 and MB-2, Oka, Salyut, Agro, Patriot, Kaskad, MTZ, Agat and other agricultural machines of domestic and imported production. If necessary, a sweeping brush and other devices designed for cleaning the territory can also be installed on the tiller with a blade..