The device and principle of operation of the vibrating screed
A tool such as a vibrating screed is considered to be narrow-profile, since it is used for certain work. leveling concrete pouring. The design consists of a rigid frame and a vibrator, which makes the working element move asynchronously after the engine is started.
For convenient operation, the device is equipped with grips that look like the handlebars of a bicycle or motorcycle. The vibration motor is powered by electricity or gasoline.
Reference! The frame (usually) is made from a thick sheet of aluminum or high quality alloy steel.
by pressing the start button, the unit is started;
the engine transfers the rotational movements to the frame to the system, which reach the frame (rules);
under the influence of a moving frame, the concrete solution also becomes mobile, as a result of which air bubbles come out of it, high-quality concrete compaction is carried out.
The parameters of the working element of the vibrating screed are different (from 0.3 to 10 m), which, to a greater extent, depends on the type of installation being performed.
When comparing a gasoline and an electric unit, it was concluded that the first option is more powerful. Therefore, it is used in large-scale construction. Gasoline units have a peculiarity. they emit harmful impurities, which are formed as a result of fuel combustion, into the atmosphere during operation. This gives grounds for limiting the use of the installation, allowing work only on open construction sites. The electric model is used for both outdoor and indoor installation.
Reference! The main functions of the vibrating screed are compaction of concrete solution, expelling air bubbles from it. It is not a bad idea to use a device to level the concrete surface (screed, floors, etc.).
Preparatory process before assembling the screed
It is worth undertaking the assembly of the vibrating screed for those developers who had previous experience with concrete. It is impossible to create an aggregate without an idea of how the mortar behaves during pouring, what difficulties arise in the absence of poured concrete ramming. In addition, the installation will require skills in owning a welding machine. Therefore, it is recommended for novice builders to acquire a factory-made device or rent it.
It is important to decide before starting the assembly what type of construction is needed for work. There are several of them:
vibrating screed for concrete. the device is large, this makes it possible to exert the necessary force on a heavy mortar;
vibrating screed for screed. performs the function of a rule, the model is lightweight, it is very easy to work with it;
vibrating mop. a lightweight installation used to level a thin layer of cement mortar on the working surface.
Vibrating screed for placing concrete: how to do it yourself
When working with concrete, a minimum number of tools are required, but each of them helps to obtain a quality coating. The article will focus on the device and the principle of operation of the vibrating screed, the method of making it with your own hands.
How to make a vibrating screed with your own hands
It is within your power to assemble the unit yourself, if you have certain skills in the construction business. To be able to use the structure in many installation work, it is recommended to take a 1.5 kW motor, and make the working part 3 m long.
A homemade universal design consists of the following nodes:
After collecting the screed, you can turn it on and start leveling the concrete surface. Before operation, you need to install special guides with which the device will move. Then the solution is poured. It is necessary that the layer thickness exceeds the marks of the special guides by about a couple of centimeters. After that, they begin to compact the concrete. This process does not require haste. It is only through careful work that a uniform coating is obtained. It is not recommended for beginners in the construction industry to fill large areas on their own. Experts advise starting with a small area. Only by adapting to such an activity, a novice builder can pour more mortar. The tamping process should be done carefully.
Installing the electric motor
Metal corners will securely fix the engine. It is better to place it in the center of the profile. This will help to distribute vibrations along the entire length of the staff. The engine is secured in two main ways. The first involves the installation of a special mount directly on the electric motor, then the resulting structure is attached to the profile itself. In the second case, it is necessary to fix the corners on a metal beam and only then install the engine on the structure. To fix the electric motor on the profile, use self-tapping screws or welding. Both methods are equally effective, but a welding machine, unlike an electric screwdriver, is not available to everyone.
It is quite simple to work with a vibrating screed. Before pouring the concrete mixture, it is necessary to set the guides in the horizontal direction at zero level. After that, the tool is installed on them. The concrete should be poured so that the level of the mix is above the lower edges of the device. Then you can begin to compact and level the surface itself. To do this, you need to start the mechanism and stretch the rail in accordance with the guides.
Vibrating screed for placing concrete
The placement of concrete requires a uniform and accurate application of the mixture. Vibrating screed for concrete is an auxiliary tool due to which builders strengthen and level the concrete surface. With this device, specialists achieve the perfect result. The vibrating screed can be made by yourself. Homemade vibrating screed saves you unnecessary tool costs.
Purpose and scope of vibrating rails
Vibrating screeds for concrete help to make the coating high quality and reliable. Concrete has many advantages over other materials, but to improve its characteristics, it is advisable to pour the concrete mixture according to the rules. The efficiency of the equipment has been proven in practice when laying floors, roads, outdoor areas, etc.
- a screed on a “dry” concrete solution is possible (the liquid level is not higher than 20%);
- ease of use;
- ease of transportation;
- excellent result (smooth surface).
Types of vibrating rails
There are various modifications of the device:
- Floating. Installed on a concrete surface. It is used to compact concrete mixtures, the depth of which does not exceed 20 cm.
- With guides. Such a screed is able to cope with concrete, the thickness of which is 30 cm.The productivity of the equipment is increased due to the guides of the desired configuration and length.
- Reverse. Reversible tools are able to work on concrete in different directions, which speeds up the work and makes the process more efficient.
- Sliding. The versatile device levels floors with equal efficiency in small and large areas. To do this, you need to set the necessary parameters. In the manufacture of metal components are used. This vibrating screed can be used to compact and level the mixture over the entire surface.
- Sectional. This type of vibration device is capable of achieving the greatest grip on concrete (15 to 25 m depending on the drive). For greater ease of use, builders are additionally equipped with winches for placing concrete.
What is the design of equipment?
Each type of device assumes its own purpose. So, the prefabricated vibrating screed is capable of ramming areas of different areas. Measure out equal-sized sections of the profile, then cut them off with an angle grinder and drill several holes. The profile is fixed on both sides of the device. You will need corners to fix it. In addition, there is a floating (double) vibrating screed that is suitable for compacting thick enough layers of the mixture. The assembly of such a tool is carried out in the same way as the manufacture of an ordinary model: the electric motor is also installed in the central part of the structure, only another mount is used for this.
DIY Concrete Power Screed
Completion of work
Some builders believe that a vibrating screed made at home is more reliable than a purchased one. However, it is important to consider a number of nuances. The vibration installation should be designed in such a way that it is more securely attached to the handles or profile. A three-phase cable dangling at the bottom often causes work-related injuries. It is best to install the starter required to start the mechanism on the handle, and not on the engine. Thus, it will be more convenient to include it.
How to make a vibrating screed for laying concrete mortar
The reliability of a concrete pavement depends not only on quality building materials and the correct proportions of the mixture. Maximum strength and durability of the screed is given by a solid seal. Air cavities and voids in the solidified mass will reduce the quality, shorten the period of use.
When pouring a small area or formwork of an outbuilding, air is released by piercing the cement mass with a pin (for example, a piece of reinforcement). But when installing a floor in a room, laying a road surface, concreting a parking lot or other similar sites, using the manual method is problematic and the high quality of the base is not guaranteed. A special bar with a small amplitude of intense vibrations helps to tamp the surface faster and easier on your own.
Structures of any power and complexity are effective if concrete is laid and leveled up to a layer of 20 cm. A thicker screed is compacted in layers.
Vibrating screed prices
The table shows the cost for some popular models of vibrating rails:
|Brand||Food||power, kWt||Weight, kg||Price, rubles|
|Impulse M35||Gasoline 0.71 l / h||1,3||eighteen||38,500|
|TSS-MSD||Gasoline 0.73 l / h||1,2||13||69400|
|RUSA VMAX (telescopic 4-7 m)||Petrol||3.9||106||82,700|
|TCC BP 2 (2m)||380 V||0.34||39||13,500|
|TCC BP 6 (6 m)||220 V||0.34||61||26,500|
|TCC BP (telescopic)||220 V||0.34||48|
The principle of operation and the device of the rail
- Rigid sturdy frame. Consists of two parallel rails or a wide bar made of high quality alloy steel or thick aluminum. Lightweight aluminum does not corrode, is easier to clean and lasts for a long time. Steel slats are cheaper.
- Vibration system. Gasoline or electric motor driving the frame in asynchronous motion.
How to get a flat floor using a vibrating concrete power-screed tool.
The device moves along the plane manually. When the motor is started, a rotational motion is transmitted, which causes translational oscillations of the rack. The vibration of the frame compresses the solution, releasing air from the voids. A vibrating screed with a gasoline engine is more powerful and efficient than an electric one. But the unit running on gasoline emits harmful products of processing into the environment, therefore, it is recommended to compact concrete in rooms with an electric device.
The length of the planks reaches 10 meters, which allows the structure to be used to level surfaces of any size. On large areas, it is more convenient to ram with an autonomous gasoline engine. The traces left are removed with a grinder during the hardening of the cement screed.
- Floating, fixed. The simplest, intended for private use. Their power does not exceed 1.2 kW. The area of the tamped surface is limited by the length (no more than 3 meters) of the floating rigidly fixed rail.
- Telescopic, sliding. The devices are practical and versatile, allowing you to ram concrete screeds of any size. Moving forward, the slats increase the length up to 10 meters. The leveling frame of these units consists of two strips. Designed for use by professional builders. Structurally more complex, they are more expensive than floating models.
- Sectional. The working part is enlarged by attaching additional triangular frames to the rule. Functional, with convenient adjustment.
- before starting, the tool is carefully checked: the bar must be clean, the fasteners are securely tightened;
- a functioning engine must not be touched;
- after turning off the device, the rail is washed with water;
- if necessary, work with a gasoline model indoors, provide good ventilation;
- the electric motor must be grounded.
Assembling an elementary vibrating screed with your own hands
In order to compact a concrete pavement in a small room in 30 minutes, a disposable device is assembled from scrap materials. For manufacturing you will need:
- Smooth solid board 3-3.5 cm, 25-28 cm wide, 50-60 cm long.
- Handle made of a bar or pole up to 1.5 m long.
- Drill with button lock.
- Fastening aluminum plates.
The tool is assembled in the following order:
- The surface of the board must be smooth, for this it is cleaned and sanded.
- The drill is fixed with aluminum plates and self-tapping screws on a wooden plank in the middle so that the axis of rotation of the chuck and the center of the board coincide.
- The handle is sawn at an angle and is similarly fixed on the board with an oblique cut.
- A rod with an offset center of gravity is installed in the drill chuck: a piece of reinforcement, a curved drill or a clamping wrench to the chuck.
The button of the power-connected drill is clamped and fixed. The vibration is transmitted to the board, created by the displaced center of gravity of the object inserted into the holder.
The metal profile is smoother and smoother than the board. And the mass and power of the units sold allow you to use long strips and cover a large area, but for a single use such a vibrating screed will do.
For many craftsmen, the main difficulty is the lack of a welding machine and skills in handling it. In this case, the welding of parts is replaced by a bolted connection.
- steel channel, profile pipe or aluminum rail of the required length (1.5-2 meters and more);
- 2 corners 4×4 20×25 cm each or channel sections;
- 2 pieces of pipe or fittings for handles of a convenient length;
- vibration motor, electric motor or internal combustion engine (for example, from a chain saw or walk-behind tractor, together with a clutch).
- At the top in the center of the channel, the corners are welded across the strip. The distance between them is determined by the size of the motor. Holes are drilled for mounting the motor and it is installed. The fasteners are tightened thoroughly so that vibration is transmitted to the frame and the motor does not unscrew.
- Handles of the selected material are welded on both sides of the engine. When working with an electrical device, they are isolated, the motor is grounded. Having the appropriate knowledge in electrics, a speed regulator is installed on the handle.