Gasoline trimmer is a useful tool for cleaning unnecessary grass of adjoining territories and lawns of a large area. The design of this technique is quite complicated, therefore, if the device breaks down, there can be several reasons. The most likely factors causing the breakdown are usually described in the user manual. Knowing why the trimmer stalls, you can try to fix the defect yourself. The most common malfunctions that cause the lawn mowers to stop, and the possibility of repairing them with your own hands are in the material below.
Causes of malfunction and their elimination
To most accurately determine the cause of a malfunction of a trimmer of any brand (for example, Echo) and find out the possibility of its elimination, it is necessary to establish during which action the device stalls. The engine can turn off both at idle and at high speeds, heating up under load or immediately after starting, etc.
If stalled after gas supply
Owners of gasoline braids often mention that the lawn mower stalls when you press the gas. Typically, such a breakdown occurs due to carburetor problems. Failure in its operation can occur due to prolonged storage, use in difficult conditions, significant overload of the motor. The symptom of such a breakdown will be the vibrating movement of the device during operation.
Sometimes the trimmer stalls when you give the gas because fuel valve clogged. This interferes with the supply of gasoline. To fix the problem, just loosen the valve. In this way, the normal carburetor fuel supply will be restored.
Another possible reason why the lawn mower stalls when the gas is supplied is breather pollution (check valve). This part prevents the appearance of vacuum in the gas tank. If it is clogged, air does not enter, which means that fuel does not go to the carburetor. To resolve the problem, you must clean this item.
If stalled at high speed
If the carburetor stalls at high speeds, this means that at idle and small it has enough incoming fuel, and to work at high is no longer enough. Then it is necessary to check the serviceability of the following trimmer nodes.
- Fuel hose. its integrity could be broken as a result of cracking. In this case, a replacement part is needed. Or maybe you just need to tighten the clamps.
- Strainer between carburetor and hose for supplying a gasoline mixture. it could become clogged. In this situation, it is necessary to clean the part.
- Valve, located on the lid of the gas tank. it could stick or become clogged with garbage. Cleaning is also required.
- Carburetor. perhaps as a result of constant vibration, its deregulation occurred. This is usually typical of cheap Chinese parts. To fix the problem, you must configure according to the instructions. In some cases, just loosening the carburetor body is enough. If the adjustment fails, you must install a new element.
- Additionally, check air filter. It may need to be washed and cleaned or replaced with a new one, as it could become clogged with dirt and grass particles when tilting the equipment when the user mowed in hard-to-reach places.
If stalled while idling
If the lawn mower stalls while idling, there may be several factors.
- First you need to check the cooked fuel solution, when it comes to a four-stroke trimmer running on a gasoline-oil mixture. There is a possibility that it is made incorrectly. the proportions are not maintained. Because of this, the gearbox heats up, and the speed on the drum decreases.
- Another likely cause is clogged elements such as throttle, air filter or carburetor. It is necessary to clean the specified parts.
- Another possible factor is misregistration or incorrect carburetor adjustment. You need to re-configure according to the instructions.
- Observe this problem mono and when opening the air damper. In this situation, the lack of fuel for the trimmer occurs due to the flow of air.
If the device does not have enough fuel, it works properly at high speeds or when they increase, but stalls at idle. If the root of the problem lies in the carburetor, the lawn mowing will be turned off and during cold start and hot start.
If stalled after starting
If the equipment starts and stalls immediately after start-up, this indicates incorrect setting or misalignment devices. As a result of this, the fuel enters the engine unevenly, which leads to significant vibration and disconnection of the trimmer. To fix the malfunction, it is necessary to reconfigure the device according to the user manual.
Another likely problem is gas valve clogging. It must be cleaned.
Another possible reason is damaged fuel intake hose. Through cracks and holes, air can enter the system. To solve the problem, you need to increase the engine speed in order to get rid of air bubbles that have penetrated into the device.
If stalled when opening the shutter
If the equipment works properly at idle, but stalls when the air damper is opened, this indicates air entering the system through cracks in the fuel supply hose or damaged seals. To fix the breakdown and to set up the tool without sucking air from the atmosphere, it is necessary to replace damaged parts.
Video: Full Throttle Stalls
Another possible cause of the breakdown is carburetor dosing system malfunction. To resolve this problem, it is better to contact professionals.
If stalled during heating
lawn mowing often stalls when heated. It looks like this. the tool starts, works “jerkily” (not smoothly) and quickly stalls. This situation is due to boiling fuel in the carburetor or improperly selected damper, which should not be disk, but rotary. In the latter case, if an error is detected, the part must be replaced.
Damage to the trimmer may be caused by damaged ignition circuit wiring or a defective coil.. A broken node will need to be replaced with a new one.
If stalled under load
Sometimes the trimmer stalls under load, as it cannot gain momentum. It means that the cable tensioned in the carburetor is loose and sagging. If there is experience in fixing this unit, the cable should be tightened.
Another cause of the malfunction is fuel intake hose is taut. Under load, it stretches even more, resulting in cracks, as a result, the part deteriorates. To eliminate the breakdown, you will need to replace this element.
If stalled without gaining momentum
If the trimmer does not gain momentum and turns off, there may be several reasons. The most common cause of the problem is clogged air filter. It must be removed and cleaned, if necessary. replaced.
Another possible malfunction is related to engine drive mechanics. This part of the trimmer must be thoroughly cleaned, as well as the cables located inside.
You also need to make sure that the cable in the carburetor did not sleep. Before starting the trimmer for the first time, you should check this structural member and make sure that it is firmly tensioned, but not extremely tight. Otherwise, the cable may crack, resulting in costly repairs.
Preventive measures and rules of operation
In order for the lawn mowing to work properly and not to stall at startup, it must be properly stored and operated. Following these simple guidelines will help you forget about the problems.
- When mowing grass, you need to monitor the condition of the cooling system. It is also necessary to regularly clean the channels in the housing and the ribs of the starter.
- To clean the tool, use kerosene, thinner or other detergents.
- Do not clean a hot tool. it must be cool before washing.
- It is important to comply with the recommended operating mode. this will avoid overheating of the engine.
- If the braid is not used within the next thirty days, the fuel must be drained, otherwise it will fall into heavy components that can clog the carburetor channels.
- After the fuel is drained, the trimmer should work at idle for a while until it turns off. This will completely get rid of the remaining inside the working mixture.
To store the tool in cold weather:
- completely drain the fuel;
- disassemble the mower, wash and clean all available components;
- inspect the condition of parts, eliminate all defects that can be fixed;
- pour the required amount of oil into the gearbox;
- clean the air filter;
- partially disassemble the engine, wash, move and grease all moving parts;
- To lubricate the piston, unscrew the spark plug, then raise the piston to top dead center with a starter, pour a small amount of oil into the spark plug hole and crank the crankshaft several times.
Only observing these rules, you can be sure that the lawn mowing will work properly and will not stall for a number of seasons.
As you can see, the shutdown of the trimmer can be caused by many reasons. Most of them can be fixed on their own using user instructions. In cases where there is no self-confidence, it is recommended that the equipment be referred for repair. It is worth remembering that improper actions can cause the trimmer even more harm. As a result, repairing the lawn mowers will cost a significantly larger amount than it would have been initially, and in the worst case, you may need to purchase a new unit.
The best lawn mowers
Husqvarna 128R trimmer on Yandex Market
Makita EBH341U trimmer on Yandex Market
Often in various forums and in the comments to articles on HBO, one may come across questions such as: a car stalls on gas, what to do if a car on gas stalls at idle and so on. The problem is common, because gas equipment is not always set up or maintained correctly and in a timely manner.
As a result, when switching to gas fuel, the engine stalls. The situation is unpleasant and can promise a lot of problems related to search, diagnostics, etc. However, if you know where to look, and I will tell you the direction, the process can be accelerated.
A very common problem is when HBO stalls at idle, that is, the engine idles on gas fuel and after a while or stalls immediately.
In this case, the cause should be sought in the following places.
1. First of all, it is necessary to check the heating of the gearbox, often due to poor heating, the motor switches to gas and stalls. It often occurs when HBO is installed with violations, the gearbox is heated from the throttle, and not from the heater stove, as it should be. Also, sometimes unfortunate installers put thin cooling pipes, which in the end are not able to provide normal coolant circulation through the system. The gearbox heating must be connected parallel to the stove, otherwise you may experience such problems. Among other things, check the coolant level, perhaps it is too low, as a result of which the antifreeze does not circulate as it should.
2. Increased pressure in the gearbox. Due to excess pressure in the line through the fault of the gas reducer, problems with engine idling can occur. To solve the problem, adjust the pressure by lowering it to the required level, then check if the problem is gone.
3. Condensation in the gas. In the cold season, gas fuel can contain a lot of condensate (water particles), which can freeze at low temperatures, preventing the gearbox and nozzles from working normally. The latter may simply not open due to condensation.
4. If the car stalls on gas at idle, it may be necessary to adjust these idle speeds. On gasoline, the IAC does everything, but on gas, you can adjust the idle speed using the adjusting screw on the gearbox.
5. Check the condition of the gearbox diaphragms; perhaps they should be replaced. Read how to repair a gas reducer here and here.
6. Filters. During operation on gas, the machine stalls also due to the banal pollution of the filters of rough and fine cleaning. Everything is very simple here, the filter is clogged, gas is not supplied, the motor stalls gas, and not only at idle.
7. Air leaks. If there is a leak in the system, for example, at the joints or clamps have loosened, then you can not avoid problems with gas fuel. over, if everything is ok while pressing the accelerator pedal, then when it is released there is little fuel, the fuel assembly becomes "poor" and the engine often stalls on gas at idle.
8. Injectors. Severe blockage can lead to unstable operation of the motor, up to its complete stop. In this case, the gas nozzles should be washed; replace parts that have worn out provided the nozzles are collapsible. After that, calibrate the nozzles and replace them.
9. Throttle and IAC. If all of the above is in order, check the condition of the throttle, as well as the idle speed controller (IAC).
If after a long search you still couldn’t understand why the car stalled on gas, I recommend visiting a qualified specialist and tell him as much as possible about your problem and observations.
That’s all for me, write in the comments what reasons related to this problem are known to you. Share your experience, maybe your experience will help someone solve his problem.