Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
nobueno1

Review of Cub Cadet RZT-S Zero, all electric riding mower

nobueno1
8 years ago

I can't say I had terribly high expectations coming in but I was blown away. The cut is excellent and I've had no issues mowing 1.5 acres of thick (sometimes too tall) grass on one charge. I can mow our ditch bank with the blade boost on. Our back half acre is very rough and the ride is slow and bumpy but it does fine. I do wish the tires were somewhat larger but it's an electric zero turn so I can't really complain. I enjoy the steering wheel vs the lever most zero turns have. I even pulled my son on a sled throughout the winter. Made it through 8" of fluffy snow easily enough.

I've pulled our 48" core aerator with 2 bags of tube sand and a cinder block for weight, our 50" 26 cu ft lawn sweeper and a 40" dethatcher with 1 tube sand on. I can only aerate or dethatch about 1/2 - 3/4 of an acre on one charge. It doesn't even notice the lawn sweeper back there which is nice. The aerator with weight on is about 250lbs, I weigh 240 and have my 40lb son along with me usually so just over 500lbs it's pulling around. I have no doubt it would not make it up even a slight hill with this weight. Our yard only slopes a few feet over several hundred feet. We have one very small hill in our back yard and even it noticeably kills the battery if we go over it while pulling weight. While just mowing, it seems not to notice.

Downside is the price at $4000 but my wife was concerned about our young son inhaling all those exhaust fumes (why are there no manufacturers who run the exhaust out behind the seat? seems like it wouldn't be that tough). All in all I'm very happy with it. Hope this helps anyone else who's considering biting the bullet on this.

Comments (7)

Sponsored
Re-Bath
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars12 Reviews
Pittsburgh's Custom Kitchen & Bath Designs for Everyday Living