Looking to replace wheels on my craftsman rider-will this fit ?

mrlarry

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / Looking to replace wheels on my craftsman rider-will this fit ?
i have model 917.270760 18.5hp 42" craftsman riding mower- looking to replace the front wheels/tires . my manual shows an old part number of 106732x427
i found a take off set from a 2011 craftsman rider -same size wheels/tires- i believe both have 3/4" shafts. the new wheels have a prt # of 634-04086-0961 only difference i see are my rims are white and these are gray.

question is- will theses bolt right on with no modification ? looking to make it simple- just want to jack up mower- remove rims and replace with the new set and get back to cutting .

Thanks

reddragon

Lawn Addict
Threads
probably will fit ....but check backspacing [inside hub to edge of inside rim].....also the length inside the hub..because your axles will have spacers that determine fit....have you seen them in person or is this on an ad?

reynoldston

Lawn Pro
Threads
The only thing you have to look out for is hub length and if you can get the E-clips back on the axle.

mrlarry

Forum Newbie
Threads
wheels are a fleabay deal so i cant just bring my mower less one wheel to do a test fit unfortunally. my tires are shot and one keeps leaking at the bead so my only other option is 2 new tires and tubes or one tube in ther leaker. I tried to break tire from rim but was a no go and what the local shop wants for a tube and mount im better in the long run to just get a set of new wheel/tires for the front and be done for a bit extra

reynoldston

Lawn Pro
Threads
That has to be a hard call without knowing the hub length

BKBrown

Lawn Addict
Threads
I'd probably take one off and measure the hub length and back space - the tire size should give you a wheel diameter.

If you have a Tractor Supply near you - take the whole wheel with tire in and see if they can match them. I personally would opt for new instead of taking a chance on ones from an online unknown source.

mrlarry

Forum Newbie
Threads
just called sears parts hotline- useless as usual- i found threw my own search- their 2 different part numbers and dont feel like making a costly mistake - i dont see them innerchanging with the different numbers so it looks like ill just fill the tire up each cutting . actually just ordered a new cable for the blade engagement as i snapped the original this morning . thanks 4 the help guys

reynoldston

Lawn Pro
Threads
If you just have leaks put tire slime in them and it should seal them for a cheap fix. I sure don't like fixing them after because of the mess but have done this in a pinch and it does work.

reddragon

Lawn Addict
Threads
you should be able to find innertubes for about $10-15...they aren't that hard to install....but finding a good used pair of tires with rims shouldnt be that hard..keep checking craigslist!.....good luck!