What size trailer tires?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not familiar with a "LIL" trailer, but I have 3 trailers, a Moonshine, Yacht Club and a Shorelander and they all use the same size tire, 4.80-12, 5 hole bolt pattern.

Lou

Hey Lou I have a 96 and 97 SPX that was given to me last week instead of paying me money. The tires on the trailer look like lawnmower tires and that's what I was ? They are 10.5X4.8.

Jim

Jim,

I think I know what you're talking about, I believe those trailers are meant for launching from a beach, if you want to put regular road tires on the trailer take one of the tires to a tire dealer, see if you can buy a rim and tire that fits the bolt pattern. I bought a couple of new rims and tires here at S&S tire, both were less than $100.00. Cheaper than buying new tires and having them mounted.

Lou

i bought new trailer tires from harbor freight, they already come mounted on new rims for $49. it was alot cheaper than buying new tires locally and paying to have them mounted

long as u get sis of the ski before u pull it out of the water, you ok, but that big figure, harbor frieght tires aint gonna cut it ---- .... she's not wheightless in water !!!!!!!!!

Also need a starter for 1, batteries, and grips for both. Gas gauges on both have water in them. I was told by several people that they run but 1 needs a starter.

Jim

You should post questions in the proper forum, which would be the 2-stroke PWC, I'll see if I can help. The problem with putting your questions in the wrong forum is a lot of guys won't look twice and you won't get the help you need.

1. The starter, unless the starter you have is not OEM you are generally better off rebuilding the starter that you have. You can do it yourself for about $30.00 or take it to a local shop and have it rebuilt. Do not buy a cheap $60.00 Chinese starter off EBay.

2. I'm not sure what to tell you on the gas gauges. Do you have separate gauges? They are usually part of the multi-function gauge, but in either case try contacting minnetonka4me on this forum, he has lots of good used parts and reasonable prices. I know you said you had water in the gauge, but usually when the fuel gauge quits, shows empty with a red light, its the fuel float, if you need to replace the float get the newer molded type.

3. Grips, this is just personal preference, but I like the ODI grips, they're a little larger and I like the feel, plus they "smile" at you when you are riding.

Lou

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back