Prevention of malfunctions
The rules of operation of garden equipment are not complicated, if you adhere to these points the device will serve longer than expected:
- Always use a quality fuel mixture.
- Do not work in the rain.
- Pump fuel into the carburetor with a primer.
- If you have to fill the tank with the right amount of gasoline, you must not let the fuel get onto the engine.
- Mow intermittently. You should give the unit some time to cool down and rest. Gasoline lawn mower very often does not start on a hot.
- Clean the unit only after the engine has cooled down. Clean: blades, ducts, filters, container. It is desirable to do this with the use of special cleaning solutions. so it will be possible to avoid corrosion of the metal elements.
- Keep unit in a warm, dry place, no humidity.
- During the work not to press on the device, make smooth movements forward, move along the site. Irregular back and forth motions wear out the machine faster.
- When not using the appliance for a long time. change the fuel to a new one. Gasoline stagnates in system, prevents unit from operating correctly.
It should be noted that with the onset of cold weather, the machine is removed for lack of use, it is recommended to drain all the gasoline for this period (it is explosive when stagnant). How to correctly prepare the lawnmower for work after winter: inspect the entire body for defects, drain and replace gasoline, check for oil, the first time start the machine with ajar or closed air damper.
Lawn mower stalls when pressing the gas, how to fix the problem
We give you the most common reasons for the mower stopping, we hope that you will find yours and, of course, fix it. So, one of the situations is clogging the air damper, the hole behind which the fuel is atomized. If there is something stuck in it, you can usually remove it quickly and easily. This is the easiest cause, as is a clogged filter. It needs to be washed in solvent, and then blown well with compressed air. If it can not be repaired. then order a new one in the spare parts from the store KosiKosa.
Similarly, when you press the throttle, the tool stalls because the actuator is clogged. It is also possible that the fuel is not coming out to its full capacity, so you need to check or replace the fuel filter. Other possible causes of the brushcutter stalling when you give the gas are:
To these causes of the machine stopping on adding gas, we give you some useful hints about working with your brushcutter. First of all, you should read the instruction manual before operating any machine. In this case, the important role played by the consistency of gasoline and oil, competently prepared by you, as well as not to overheat the unit, and do not leave gasoline for the winter, when you simply will not use the machine.
The coordinated work of all its components plays an important role in the full performance of any tool. And if in one it’s. The piston or the carburettor. Owners of brushcutters who want to use their tool to its full capacity should understand that under the load, for which the machine is not designed, it can simply break the whole mechanism or its individual parts. That’s why only competent and moderate use implies long productive work of any power tool.
grass trimmer stalls at idle speed. causes and solutions
Among the common situations why the grass trimmer or lawnmower stalls, it is worth referring to its operation at idle speed. Let’s go straight to the causes:
- the gearbox is heating up and the revs on the reel are dropping due to the fact that the petrol solution has not been properly prepared. The necessary proportion of 1:4;
- contamination of the carburetor;
- clogged throttle valve;
- when opening the choke (if this was the experiment) the air flow makes the mixture “poor”;
- Carburetor unloading;
- clogging of the air filter;
Insufficient amount of fuel, which is needed for the gasoline tool will cause a situation where at high revolutions, when increasing. the trimmer for grass works, and at idle stalls. In the situation with the carburetor. the device will stall on cold start and “on hot”. For any user of brushcutter. professional and amateur, it is important to understand that any malfunction of the tool can depend on the petty flight of a part, a loose mount or clogging, as well as a global breakdown of an important part of the mechanism.
Despite all kinds of malfunctions, your device still needs such a mandatory component as. without which the operation of the grass trimmer is simply impossible!
Those who have lawns on the homestead plot know that the trimmer for grass is quite a useful thing, which will help quickly and qualitatively bring in order or clean from weeds strongly overgrown territory. And, like any mechanism, it also often fails due to various breakdowns. One of the most common complaints of owners is that the grass trimmer stalls when the gas is pressed. We propose to understand the main causes of this phenomenon and identify ways to solve the problem.
Why the grass trimmer stops when you press the gas?
- Unfortunately, the situation in which the engine stops when the grass trimmer presses the gas can occur in many cases. Most often the “culprit” of the failure is the carburetor. This is the most common reason why the grass trimmer stalls. As a rule, troubles occur at razregulirovanie carburetor, which is possible after long storage, after operation in adverse conditions, heavy loads on the engine. It is not difficult to recognize the “fault” of the carburetor when the grass trimmer vibrates. If you have experience repairing a car carburetor, it makes sense to try to repair it yourself using the owner’s manual. Although it is much more reliable to give the part to the service center for repairprofessionals.
- Another reason why the grass trimmer stalls when you give gas, can be a clog in the fuel valve, which is an obstacle to the normal flow of fuel. The problem can be easily solved by loosening the valves, after which the normal delivery of gasoline to the carburetor is possible.
- If you have a similar problem, you should pay attention to the check valve. the breather. Located in the gas tank, the check valve prevents vacuum in the tank. If the breather pipe is clogged, there is no air in, so the fuel supply is cut off.
- It is not uncommon for a grass trimmer to stall under heavy load without picking up speed. This happens if the cable, located in the carburetor, is loose and hanging down. It also happens that an over-tensioned fuel intake hose stretches too much under load, cracks, and eventually bursts. If this problem occurs, it is necessary to replace the part.
As you can see, there are many reasons why the grass trimmer can stall when you press the gas. That is why it is important to monitor the condition of your assistant, in time to check the condition of all systems of the mechanism.
STIHL HSA 26 GRASS TRIMMER
The spring could get in the way
My first attempt to adjust the lawnmower carburetor did not work, because the spring of the fuel mixture adjustment screw got in the way. The factory spring was too thick in a compressed state and did not allow me to reduce the fuel supply to the necessary level. Had to pick up another spring and continue adjusting after replacing it.
Fuel mixture adjustment screw with spring
Here’s the factory spring on top and the adjustment screw below with the correct spring. I’m writing about this because I’m not sure if this is an isolated incident and someone else might encounter the same situation.
When the throttle was depressed
If the mower stops when you press the throttle, the causes may be.
- The most common variant is the failure of carburetor adjustment, which occurs when there are significant loads on the drive, after prolonged inactivity of the mechanism or when it is used in harsh conditions.
- Clogging of the fuel valve, which can be fixed by loosening it and making the gasoline flows through the system normally.
- Slack and loose cable in the carburetor. There can also be a stretching of the fuel hose up to its rupture, caused by the action of a significant load.
- A clogged breather valve (check valve), as a result of which fuel does not flow into the tank.
If the problem is related to the carburetor unit, you can recognize it by the appearance of lawnmower vibrations. When the hose is broken or the cable is stretched. these components are replaced.
The lawnmower stops mowing
When buying a lawn mower, you need to be prepared for the fact that, as in all similar tools, it can also have breakdowns that will require repair.
But you should not run straight to the service center and pay a lot of money to masters, convincing you that there is a serious fault with the device.
lawnmower stops at high revolutions on gas
Perhaps the most common complaint associated with gasoline trimmers is, “the lawnmower stalls”.
Of course, this can also be caused by a very serious problem. However, most often the case is much simpler than it seems at first sight.
To cope with such a problem, first of all, try to independently deal with its causes, because, having found the cause, it is much easier to deal with the problem, and sometimes it even self-liquidates.
In fact, there are quite a few reasons why the lawnmower stalls at high revolutions.
Another one is the presence of faults in the power system.
In this case, the lawnmower will stall at idle speed. Problems with the power system can be caused by a malfunction or improper adjustment of the carburetor.
Razregulation can be caused by vibrations that occur when the lawnmower is running.
Misalignment can be corrected by simply adjusting the mower as specified in the instruction manual.
In addition, sometimes gasoline grass trimmers can stall because the valve located in the gas tank lid, just clogged or stuck.
To find out, try using the mower by loosening the cap on the gas tank.
If the unit works properly in this mode, clean the valve.
The lawnmower may also stop because of a poor fuel supply to the carburettor
Why then the device starts, you may ask?
The reason for this is that at first the fuel runs into the carburetor a little at a time and there is enough fuel to run at increased power.
However, it is then produced and at high revolutions the engine starts to stall.
As for the carburetor, the problem may also be that its body is too tight.
If the lawnmower stops mowing at high engine speed when on gas, it may also be caused by an air leak.
It is possible that there is a gap through which air can escape while the engine is heating.
Among other things, don’t forget to check the fuel intake hose. The problem may lie in the fact that it is weak or even cracked.
Some tricks of the trade.
It’s summertime, and the usual lawnmowers on the plots of land. Great tool, powerful and mobile. With gasoline grass trimmer you can cut the grass, and get rid of dried weeds. But it happens sometimes that the lawnmower does not start, runs intermittently or does not develop full power. There is certainly not to work! And as they say, you pull the starter handle more than you mow.
It is not only the old but also the new brushcutter that has had some troubles with starting. What to do in this situation? There is only one way out. to listen to the advice of experts and use their practical experience!
lawn mower stops when you press the gas, how to fix the problem
There can be a huge number of reasons why the lawnmower stalls. we offer the most common of them, and hope that you will find yours, and, of course, eliminate it. So, one of the situations is a clogged air valve, the hole behind which the fuel is atomized. If there is something in it, it can usually be removed quickly and easily. This is the simplest reason, just like a clogged filter. It should be washed in solvent, and then well blown with compressed air. If it is beyond repair, you can order a new one from the spare parts store.
Similarly, when you press the gas, the tool stalls because the actuator is clogged. Another possibility: the fuel is not coming in its full volume, so you need to check or replace the fuel filter. Other possible causes of a brushcutter stalling when you give the gas are:
To all of these reasons why the machine stalls when you add gas, we’ll add a few helpful tips for handling a brushcutter. First of all, you should read the manual before you start working with any technique. In this case, the consistency of gasoline and oil, competently prepared by you, as well as not to overheat the machine, and do not leave gasoline for the winter, when you simply will not use the machine.
In the full operation of any tool, the coordinated work of all its components plays an important role. And if one is a line for brushcutter, the other is a piston or carburetor. Owners of brushcutters, who want to use their tools at full power, need to understand that under the strain, for which the machine is not designed, the whole mechanism or its individual parts can simply break. Therefore, only a competent and moderate operation involves long-term productive work of any power tool.
Grass trimmer stalls at idle rpm causes and solutions
To the common situations, why the grass trimmer or lawnmower stops, it is worth referring to its work at idle speed. Let’s go straight to the causes:
- gearbox heating and falling revolutions on the drum as a result of the fact that the gasoline solution is not prepared quite right. The required proportion of 1:4;
- contamination of the carburetor;
- A clogged throttle plate;
- When opening the flap (if you did such an experiment), the air flow makes the mixture poor;
- carburetor malfunction;
- clogging of the air filter;
Insufficient amount of fuel, which is necessary for the operation of the gasoline tool will cause a situation where at high revolutions, when increasing. the grass trimmer works, and at idle stops. In the carburetor situation. the unit will stall on cold start and on hot. For any user of a brushcutter. the professional and the amateur, it is important to understand that any malfunction of the tool can depend on a petty flight of a part, a loose mount or a blockage, as well as from a global breakdown of an important part of the mechanism.
Despite all kinds of malfunctions, your device still needs such a mandatory component, as blades for brushcutters, without which the operation of the grass cutter is simply impossible!
What could be broken
Malfunctions with a chain saw associated with the fact that this device does not start, are classified in a certain way by service specialists. These include malfunctions with the following parts of the machine:
- engine, in which the piston and bearings may wear out or fail, the crankcase may crack;
- fuel supply system, with possible filter clogging or carburetor problems;
- mechanical damage to the wires, tubes, hoses;
- ignition circuit.
In order to correctly determine the node where the breakdown occurred, it is necessary to pay attention to the circumstances under which the grass trimmer stalls.
If you have once purchased a trimmer for grass, working with gasoline, then you probably had to deal with the problem of turning on the trimmer for grass, as well as with such a problem as a gasoline trimmer does not gain momentum.
This is why this article is created.
So, what to do if the grass trimmer, which has been working for you for more than a year, suddenly just stops picking up speed, and the motor just simply stops? In this case, you and I should consider a number of problems associated with stopping the motor.
The motor can stall under different circumstances. Sometimes the cause of incorrect operation of the grass trimmer, working on gasoline, is the clogging of the air filter.
Exactly the filter is one of the most important reasons why the gasoline grass trimmer can stop working.
It often gets a variety of debris, dust particles get there, which also clog the filter, so it needs to be cleaned and washed every month, and maybe more often, it all depends on how much power has a gasoline trimmer for grass, and how often you use this device.
If you have done the operations with the filter, but the work of trimmer for grass, working on gasoline, remained the same, gasoline trimmer does not gain momentum what to do?
Then you should try to remove the filter from the device in order to provide the so-called “relief” grass trimmer. Should help.
The next and quite common problem when working with a gasoline trimmer is that it just stops, and does not give any signs of life.
In this case, the problem may be as follows:
- – The carburetor is broken. In this case, you should either replace it yourself, or simply take the grass trimmer to a service center for a more detailed inspection and a quality carburetor replacement.
- – Problem with the mechanics of the motor drive. In this case, you should clean this part of the gasoline grass trimmer, and after a good and high-quality cleaning, you need to lubricate the small cables, which are located inside this part of the trimmer for grass. Therefore, before buying a gasoline trimmer reviews will help determine the choice.
The last and most common reason for the breakdown of the gasoline grass trimmer is that the cable, which is located in the carburetor department, just slept.
So make sure in advance that it is well stretched, but not to the limit, otherwise if too much load on the gasoline trimmer for grass, this little rope can crack and then you’ll definitely have to go to the service center, and then even throw a lot of money down the drain.