When spring comes, people often spend their free time in their summer cottage. With the onset of warm days, they try to rid their area of problems such as weeds and grass. It is difficult to do it manually, especially if the area is very large, so a lawn mower will help. Thanks to this technique, you can trim the grass and remove weeds. this is a suitable device for mowing unnecessary plants near the fence, at home, between the rows in the garden on a flower bed and so on. Read about how to choose a lawn mower that is right for your needs. The cutting element in this device is a fishing line (strong polyethylene thread), which is wound on a special element. a reel. But over time, the fishing line wears out and there is a need for its replacement. The article will discuss how to refill fishing line in a lawn mower.
What kind of fishing line to choose to refuel the lawn mower
The thickness of the polyethylene yarn depends on the model of technology and varies from 1.2 to 4 mm. She may be:
- with a round cross section. this is the most durable material for mowing herbaceous plants;
- with curly section. used for mowing soft plants;
- twisted. used for thin grass;
- professional type, not suitable for all models of equipment.
To change the line on the lawnmower, you need to purchase a cutting thread, which will be ideal for a particular type of mower.
The device of the line in the mower
The arrangement of the element on which the kapron thread is wound is very simple. This element is called a coil. It has two “tracks”. the upper and lower. Between these paths there is a special partition with a recess. A fishing line is wound around these tracks. It must first be pulled through the recess.
Features of replacing fishing line on video.
Replacement Instructions. How to Insert a Fishing Line
It should be noted that the coils in the mowers can be different:
- for functioning with one antennae;
- for functioning with two antennae;
- fishing line should be threaded through the through hole, which is located inside the element.
And do not confuse this part with an extension for a lawn mower on a reel, because despite the similar name they are two completely different elements.
This article will tell you about how much the ZIL 130 dump truck weighs and what this transport is capable of.
Read here //machinspec.com/lesozagotovitelnaya/benzopila/stanok-dlya-zatochki.html how to assemble a machine for sharpening chains of chains with your own hands quickly and easily.
In the first version, it is very simple to wind the cutting element:
- On the inside of the coil element there is a locking eye.
- One antennae of the thread is inserted into it.
- It is necessary to refill the kapron thread in the direction opposite to the rotation of the bobbin element.
- It will take only from 2 to 4 meters of fishing line. When the winding process is completed, put the small end of this cutting element out and fix it in the groove, which is necessary to fix the fishing line so that it does not unwind during the operation of the mower.
- If there is no special groove, then the end should be held by hand so that the cutting element does not untwist during further collection of the element.
- At the last stage, it is necessary to thread the outer end of the thread into a special hole located on the outer part of the element. After that, the coil can be inserted into the mower.
When the roller works with two ends of a polyethylene thread, then the following steps must be taken to fill the line into the mower:
- Inside, the reel will show how many recesses there are for winding (two or one). If there is one recess, then both ends of the thread will be laid along this recess. If there are two, then the antennae are laid out separately. each in its recess.
- It is necessary to rewind from 2 to 4 meters of polyethylene thread and thread its two ends into the hole.
- Wind both threads in the same direction as the drum rotates.
- When all the fishing line is wound, the ends should be fixed in the grooves or held by hand.
- Both ends are threaded into the eye on the outside of the roller housing.
- After that, the drum is assembled and inserted into the mower.
Video: How Many Meters of Fishing Line to Trimmer
Tips and steps for replacing fishing line on a video.
The coil element or roller may have a completely different design than the previous two options. The line can be threaded through the eye, which is through and located inside the reel. In this case, it is not necessary to disassemble the roller drum and manually wind the polyethylene thread.
The polyethylene thread is threaded through the hole and rotated by pressing a special button. This the button is located on the body and is designed to operate the equipment, to be able to produce fishing line as it wears.
For quick and safe replacement of fishing line on the reel of the mower, safety precautions must be observed. Before removing the reel in order to wind the line onto the lawnmower, it is necessary to disconnect the equipment from the power supply (if the mower is powered by electricity). Here I want to mention the reliability rating of electric lawn mowers, which will help you choose a safe assistant.
Another important safety rule that must be observed is pressing the lock button. You can find out its location on the equipment body using the instruction manual. For example, the manual for a gasoline mower can be found here.
Do not forget that the cutting element must be adjusted. There is a tuning button on the unit body. If the process does not start automatically and the thread tension loosens, then the button is clamped and the line is pulled out of the reel with force.
Watch the video instruction.
If there is a summer cottage or a large plot of land near your individual house or cottage, then for the convenience of cleaning grass and weeds, you must use a lawn mower. If you are thinking of choosing an electric lawnmower or gasoline, then click here and you will find comparative characteristics of different models.
Over time, the line on the mower wears out and requires replacement. this can be done independently. Choosing this polyethylene thread is necessary depending on the model of the mower. It is also worth watching about the remaining details of the unit, here for example you will find information about the Craftsman lawn mower knives, which also wear out and can lead to irreversible consequences.
The spool device into which the fishing line is inserted is very simple. But it differs depending on whether the spool works with one or two thread antennae. It is important to observe safety precautions when replacing fishing line in the reel.
To ensure that the area near the house always looks neat and tidy, you need to cut it regularly. Fortunately, modern technology allows us to solve this problem without excessive physical effort. Electric trimmers are so easy to control and care that even a teenager can mow the grass with their help. The main thing is to figure out first how to refill the fishing line in the trimmer.
How to charge a fishing line into a trimmer?
So, we are faced with the task of properly charging the fishing line into the trimmer. Let’s understand in more detail where to start its implementation and what pitfalls can await us in the process.
Step 1. choose a fishing line
Step 2. remove the coil from the trimmer
To perform this operation, the trimmer must be disconnected from the network and turned upside down with the working head. The further course of action depends on the trimmer model and the design of the coil itself:
- for small trimmers with a lower engine arrangement, press the keys located on the sides of the coil and remove its upper part from the head;
- on trimmers with a bent rod, hold the coil housing with one hand, while simultaneously turning the lamb on the housing;
- for trimmers with a direct boom and gearbox, insert a screwdriver into the hole located under the coil, and then turn the body of the coil counterclockwise.
Step 3. disassemble the coil
After the coil is removed from the head, it must be carefully disassembled. It is better to do this on an already mowed plot, since there may be a spring inside the coil, which will be difficult to find in tall grass. After disassembly, we will have three parts on hand: a body (top cover), a protective casing and the coil itself.
Step 4. measure the required amount of fishing line
Novice mowers are usually interested in how many meters of fishing line to wind onto the trimmer reel? There are two ways to resolve this issue:
- Unwind a skein of fishing line on a flat, dry place and separate half from it.
- Measure 3-4 meters of fishing line from the skein.
In any case, after the end of the winding, the turns of the fishing line should be on the body of the reel without sliding off it. No need to try to wind as much as possible, since the fishing line will be badly unwound and more often torn.
Step 5. reel the line onto the reel
How to install the fishing line on the trimmer depends on the design of the coil. Consider the option when in the coil body there is one outlet under the fishing line. In this case, the end of the fishing line is clamped in the crevice of the reel, and then we wind the fishing line, trying to lay the turns as tightly as possible. The direction of laying the turns should be opposite to the direction of rotation of the coil and is usually indicated on its inner part. After winding up on the reel, it is necessary to put on a protective casing and bring the end of the fishing line into it
If the reel is designed to work with two tails, then the fishing line must be folded in half and laid in a groove in the central part of the reel. Further winding will be carried out in one or two grooves, depending on the design of the coil. The winding direction should also be opposite to the direction of rotation of the coil. At the end of the ponytails, the fishing line will also need to be pulled into the holes on the top of the reel.