Like any other technique, the walk-behind tractor plow will need to be prepared in advance for the process of plowing the land. First you need to remove one of the transport wheels of the walk-behind tractor. To do this, you remove not only the wheel itself, but also the hub. Next, take a special axis. It necessarily comes complete with a walk-behind tractor in order to secure the soil hooks. This part is carefully fastened in place of the hub with the existing parts. The next stage is associated with joining the lug to this axis. In the process of installing it, you need to pay attention to what kind of land is on your site. For example, if it is non-clayey, lightweight, then you will need to have a herringbone grouser in the direction of travel. If the soil is heavy, then you need to set the lug in the other direction.
This is necessary in order to ensure the best possible grip of the wheel to the ground. Once everything is in the right position, the lug can be strengthened. This is done before adjusting the plow. This must be done in the second hole on the axis. In order to carry out this procedure for starting the adjustment of the walk-behind tractor plow, it was convenient, it is necessary to select in advance a bar or other device of such a height that will allow you to raise both wheels of the walk-behind tractor. As soon as the manipulations with the first wheel are completed, you can move on to the second, and do the same for it. After that, you can proceed to the next step. how to set up a plow on a walk-behind tractor.
Turnover tools for walk-behind tractor
Much of the adjustment process depends on what type of instrument you are using. The most common are revolving elements for a walk-behind tractor.
To know how to plow properly, you need to choose the right tool and set it up. There are the following main types:
How to adjust
In order to start plowing, it is necessary to attach the plow to the walk-behind tractor, because all these parts are disassembled. To connect all this, you need 22×24, 17×19, 17×14 or 22×19 keys. When all the parts are ready, you will need to install the adjusting screw first. To do this, remove it from the hitch. It is this detail that allows you to set up the plow as conveniently as possible and adjust it depending on what manipulations you are going to make. After you have removed the adjusting screw from the hitch, the plow adjustment continues by connecting it to the hitch. You will see that there are several holes on the hitch, which are also on the plow.
In order for the plow adjustment to be of high quality, it will be necessary to connect the hitch holes with the hole in the plow and, as a result, fix it with an adjusting screw.
How to properly adjust the plow on a walk-behind tractor
- 1 Turnover tools for walk-behind tractor
- 2 Configuration steps
- 3 How to adjust
- 4 Results of work
Setting up a plow on a walk-behind tractor is necessary in order to work correctly and efficiently on a personal plot. Many who are faced with the need to plow the territory or with some other processing of it believe that it is enough to just start a motor-cultivator, and it will be possible to carry out all the necessary manipulations quickly and easily. But everything is not so simple, although, of course, there are situations when it is enough just to install a certain technique, for example, a weeding machine, and start cultivating the land. However, in most cases, you will need to know how to properly configure the mechanism.
Results of work
If you are using a completely new tool and a new hitch, then to adjust the plow on the walk-behind tractor you will need a hammer, with which you can connect these parts conveniently and without causing any inconvenience. For fastening, you will need other tools, such as the wrenches that have already been mentioned. Under these conditions, everything will go very quickly and efficiently. When connecting the hitch, the nut will not need to be tightened tightly. it is enough just to bait it. This is to ensure that the hitch runs freely and does not lock too firmly in a particular position. Next, you need to proceed to the installation of the adjusting screw. It is installed with the first fastening in the hole that remains on the hitch, and with the second in the upper hole on the plow. If the device is adjusted correctly, the plowing will be as efficient as possible.
As in the previous step, the nuts here also do not need to be fastened too tight. After that, the hitch with the walk-behind tractor is connected, and this mount remains strong enough that it will allow you to plow the land exactly to the distance that you determined for your plow. It remains to connect it to the walk-behind tractor itself. So the plow adjustment is complete.
For those who already have the practical skill of plowing the soil with motor vehicles, there is no need to explain what and how to perform at this stage. Further information is given for informational purposes to the one who encounters this case for the first time. The slope of the angle of attack, or, as it is also called, the slope of the angle of the field board, is the slope that indicates the height of the plowing plane in relation to a flat plane. Adjustment is carried out using a screw knob.
The order of operations is as follows:
- put the unit with the plow on the supports, which were already mentioned earlier;
- turn the adjustment knob to the limit so that the field board is completely laid down on the ground, without gaps;
- start rotating the handle in the opposite direction until the back of the board rises 2-3 cm above the ground.
If you make a miscalculation, then the following unpleasant consequences will appear:
- at a large angle of the field board, the plow will become an anchor. the unit will begin to slip regularly and move forward with an effort;
- at a small angle. the required layer of soil will not be removed.
- check if everything is correct, only the plowing stage is possible. the unit should not resist or move excessively freely.
The trestles can now be removed and the plow can be assembled. It consists in mounting a coupling mechanism on the plow, which is called a coupling. The coupling mechanism is whereby the plow is fixed to the towing device (tow hitch, hitch) of the unit. It can be of 2 types: universal and stationary. One hitch makes it possible to use a variety of objects (harrows, diggers, plows, etc.), and the other is needed to mate the adapter and the device.
To make the installation of a plowing tool more comfortable, install motor vehicles on supports, the function of which can be played by stones, bricks or boards. The fixing of the plow is very simple. the hitch for the unit has its own place on the drawbar and is secured with a single kingpin. Many people believe that by fixing the plow firmly on the machine, things will go easier and faster. In practice, everything is exactly the opposite. Because in the process of plowing, the force is acting on the tool, concentrated vertically to the blade blade, there is a counteraction, which is trying to drag the entire walk-behind tractor to the side.
In case of “dead” fixation, the worker must apply force, literally crushing the machine into the soil. this is one of the most common mistakes. Therefore, a horizontal clearance of approximately 5 degrees is required.
Accessories for customization
The assembly diagram of functional and structural elements and a detailed drawing of the plow can be created by yourself. Extreme accuracy will make it possible to eliminate assembly complications and the negative impact of errors on the working properties of the unit. It is necessary to take into account the overall characteristics of the elements. Even the smallest miscalculation can significantly affect the functional properties of the equipment. In the drawings with the dimensions of the attachment for the unit, 3 construction planes are connected:
- the surface of the runner is lateral;
- horizontal bottom;
- front dump.
The scheme of the simplest handicraft plow consists of the following elements:
- 2 handles made of metal pipe;
- rack stopper with a standard size screw M10 or M8;
- retaining fork for frame pivot;
- coupling device;
- beams between handles;
- locking nut;
- regulating washer;
- handle for coupling device;
- T-shaped connector.
Depending on the type and purpose of the toolkit, this list may include other components.
How to adjust correctly?
The plowing depth is the distance the plow plunges into the soil while working. It is necessary to adjust it as far as the bayonet of the shovel takes. Otherwise, the following problems may occur.
- With insufficient depth, a considerable proportion of the roots of weeds will remain under the ground, which will require new forces to eliminate them.
- If the depth turns out to be deeper than required, the fertile soil layer will mix with what is located under it, and the vegetation will not have adequate nutrition. In this regard, you need to keep the golden mean.
The required depth is adjusted by means of bolts that mate with each other the lock and the bearing part of the plow. Therefore, when moving the plow up and down, this debugging occurs. Inspect your plow structure: if there is only one bolt connection and therefore a single hole, adjustment on this modification is not feasible.
Preparing to use the walk-behind tractor
Plowing the soil begins with the preparation of the walk-behind tractor. Let’s figure out how to do this.
David Bradley Tractor Clutch Parts, Removal & Adjustment Part 2
- Before plowing, motor vehicles must be uncompleted. The walk-behind tractor must be transported to the workplace without carts and other attachments. As a rule, the unit is transported to its destination by road. If the land that you intend to cultivate is located near your home, the motoblock must be mounted on a flat surface in any suitable place.
- Removal of transport wheels. After the walk-behind tractor has been delivered to the area that needs to be plowed, it is required to dismantle the transport wheels in order to change them to specialized lugs (iron wheels). To facilitate this work, tragus can be placed under the hitch located at the rear of the unit. Lugs are necessary for a more solid grip on the soil. They are irreplaceable equipment for plowing, planting beets, carrots, potatoes.
- Rotation of the hubs. At the next stage of the preparation of the unit before plowing, it is necessary to change the hubs on which the transport wheels stood for longer ones. This is necessary to increase the distance between the lugs. Such a solution will significantly improve the stability of the unit during operation.
- Installation of lugs. Moving on to the installation of iron wheels. It is essential that these elements are correctly mounted. Correct fit is determined by the directionality of the tread pattern. Narrowing the pattern shows the direction of forward movement.
In order to choose the right plow for motor vehicles of a suitable design, you need to find out what types of such devices generally exist. Depending on the direction of agricultural work, the following are practiced:
- moldboard devices.
You can make a multifunctional plow for a walk-behind tractor on your own, which is suitable for many types of soils. The most successful solution for plowing a summer cottage and for use by people who do not have the proper skills is a lightweight single-body device.
Preparation for plowing
Before plowing, you need to carry out a test plowing and check the quality of the plow setting.
- find out the features of the blade and the depth of the furrow;
- control the movement of the plow in the furrow;
- trace the regularity of the movement of the unit and the load on the hands of the plowman;
- to establish the load of the unit.
If all of the above points suit you, you can start plowing the site. If not, you need to adjust the plow again.
Test plowing of an area is performed as follows.
- We put the unit on the edge of the cultivated land.
- Set the first speed and gently push the clutch handle. It is imperative that the steering wheel of the implement is parallel to the ground plane so that the implement does not burrow into the ground, but also does not rise above the arable land being cut. When plowing, an employee does not need to press on the steering wheel and push motor vehicles too diligently, since this agricultural machine itself will perfectly cope with its own duties without auxiliary efforts.
- After obtaining a test furrow, it is imperative to measure the plowing depth. To do this, you need to use a tape measure or an ordinary ruler. If the dimensions converge with the initially set, then you can start the main work.
Features of plow adjustment on a walk-behind tractor
- Preparing to use the walk-behind tractor
- Accessories for customization
- How to adjust correctly?
- Attack angle
- Preparation for plowing
- Regulation on heavy implements
Every owner of a vegetable garden, a garden plot, a small farm understands what it is like to manually plow the beds and pull out weeds. To facilitate plowing, a plow is used. However, using a tractor or animal traction for a small plot of land is not cheap and stupid. For such tasks, motor vehicles MB 90, “Oka”, Brado Garden, “Neva” are used. In other words, it is a motor on wheels, on which a variety of attachments are mounted: from trailers to plows. Our article is devoted to the features of plow adjustment on a walk-behind tractor.
Oil seals, anthers, bearings
- For “Agro” walk-behind tractors, bearings with an inner diameter of 20 mm and an outer diameter of 47 mm are used. Bearing width. 14 mm.
- Oil seals (cuffs) for this model: for the gearbox / transmission, the cuff size is 2.2-30 × 52 × 1, for the input shaft the oil seal size is 20 × 42 × 10 mm
- Anthers for “Agros”: universal for motoblocks with a capacity of 6-9 hp.
At the moment, there are comments on the Internet about any technical devices. Regarding this version of the part, the following statements are present:
- The original version has an increased resource. After adjustment, this equipment does not get lost, which allows you to forget about the need for adjustment for a long time. In comparison with analogues, this device is many times better.
- This version of the device is reliable and durable. All clearances are perfectly calibrated. With the correct setting, you can forget about problems with starting the engine. For the entire period of operation, he singled out only positive aspects for himself.
Despite the presence of a lot of positive comments, one should not forget that not all of them correspond to reality.
The most common problems are:
- oil leak (can occur due to wear of the cuffs or because of their damage, it is eliminated by replacing the cuffs);
- the clutch does not turn off completely (the clutch lever “walks” freely, the cable is pulled too far, it is eliminated by replacing or shortening the cable, as well as adjusting the lever to normal);
- no full torque (perhaps the pressure spring has weakened or the drive cup is worn out, it is eliminated by replacement or adjustment).
Debris Screen on walk-behind tractor–what it is, and how to maintain
Adjusting the carburetor k45r on the agros walk-behind tractor
Carburetor gx 390
Before considering how to adjust the carburetor on the Agro walk-behind tractor, you should clarify which version is installed on the walk-behind cultivator, which will allow you to analyze in more detail the process of actions that must be performed in order to adjust the device. Let’s consider the main points regarding this device, and in addition, version 45 for Agro walk-behind tractors, since they are most often found when arranging a cultivator:
Learn more about the GX390 carburetor in this video:
A tuned carburetor contributes to the correct transfer of the rich mixture to the engine, however, provided that the adjustment of the element is not performed, incorrect operation of the power plant may be observed, or there may be no starting at all.
Important. It should be understood that this device has calibrated clearances to keep foreign objects and particles out of the throat.
Oil and fuel
- oil in the engine. for air-cooled carburetor, according to the season, for example, SAE15W / 30;
- gear oil. SAE80 / W90;
- fuel. gasoline AI-86, 90;
- lubricants. Litol-24, synthetic grease, fatty grease.
Device and diagram of a walk-behind tractor, engine
Components of the Agro walk-behind tractor:
- reversible steering rod;
- two-wheeled chassis;
- engine (attached to the body of the clutch control mechanism);
- power train.
Placed behind the engine:
- main gear;
- differential with blocking;
- final transfer;
Carburetor for Agro walk-behind tractor
Auto mechanic specializing in agricultural machinery
At the moment, when processing soil, mankind uses various special-purpose equipment. There are devices of various complexity here. Special attention should be paid to motor cultivators, since this series of equipment is used everywhere from agriculture to personal gardening. This equipment option does not differ in a complex device, however, equipment owners need to understand how, in practice, the carburetor and fuel supply of the Agro walk-behind tractor is adjusted in practice, as well as other common equipment models.
Adjusting the carburetor of the walk-behind tractor
The instability of the engine speed of the walk-behind tractor indicates that the carburetor needs adjustment. The need to perform this procedure, as a rule, arises before the start of the agricultural season, when the equipment has not been used for a long time, or after it, when the walk-behind tractor was subjected to significant loads for a long period of time.
Before proceeding with the adjustment, it is necessary to warm up the engine. The work process itself looks like this:
- The screws regulating low and maximum throttle are screwed in completely, after which they are loosened by about one and a half turns.
- The motor starts and warms up for about 10 minutes.
- The lever that controls the operation of the power plant should be set to the minimum position, but the motor should not stop.
- The throttle throttle adjusting screw will help to adjust the minimum idle speed so that the engine is stable, without extraneous noise and stops.
- The rotation of the screws makes it possible to accurately set the amount of combustible mixture that enters the motor.
- Tightening the screw contributes to the enrichment of the mixture, while unscrewing it, on the contrary, increases the volume of air entering the engine;
Iron Buffalo, 2 Wheel Tractor, Walking Tractor – Thailand
Using the idle screw, adjust the maximum idle speed. The same should be done with minimum speed, using the throttle stop screw. The essence of such an adjustment is that the shutter screw allows you to adjust the angle to which it is closed;
The lever responsible for controlling the engine should be moved to the “throttle” position. If the operation of the walk-behind tractor still cannot be called stable, the full throttle screw is adjusted until an ideal stroke is observed. However, the maximum permissible propeller speed is 2.5.
The accuracy of carburetor adjustment can also be determined by how the spark plug looks after a short period of time under load. If the working mixture is ideal, then there will be neither carbon deposits nor traces of fuel on the spark plug, which indicate that the combustible mixture is too lean, or, conversely, too rich. However, it should be noted that carbon deposits or traces of fuel on the spark plug can speak not only of incorrect adjustment, but also of more serious problems of the walk-behind tractor, including faulty ignition or cooling system.
Adjusting the valve clearance of the walk-behind tractor
Over time, with significant loads, the valve clearance of the engine of the walk-behind tractor changes. This may be due to wear on parts. Insufficient distance leads to the fact that the stages of gas distribution change significantly, as a result of which it is not possible to achieve a sufficient compression ratio, the power plant works intermittently and does not reach the declared power. In particularly serious situations, even deformation of the valves can be observed. If the gap is too large, significant mechanical noises are recorded, the gas distribution phases also change significantly, the valves open for too short a time, due to which the cylinder does not fill properly, the power drops, and failures occur. Clearance adjustment is necessary immediately, as soon as the engine operation becomes incorrect or occurs with significant noise. Ideally, the engine being adjusted should be cooled down.
So, first you need to get to the flywheel. It is on this part that the value of the top dead center is marked. The flywheel is hidden under the cover, and therefore will have to be removed. Before removing the casing, the oil bath of the air filter is removed. It is possible to facilitate the task in the process of removing the casing if you fix all the latches with rubber bands. All bolted connections are unscrewed with a key, after which the cover can be removed without problems.
On the flywheel, you can see marks that indicate TDC, as well as values of 5, 10 and 20 degrees. The 20 degree mark indicates the injection of the combustible mixture. The flywheel should be brought under the top dead center, focusing on the appropriate division. The valve cover is unscrewed and removed.
In the process of adjustment, you need to use the following tools:
- Box key for 10;
- Blade 0.1 mm thick.
According to the technical data sheet, the valve clearance of the walk-behind tractor engine is from 0.1 to 0.15 millimeters, and therefore it can be adjusted very accurately with the help of a blade. However, you need to pay attention to the fact that some blades are 0.8 mm thick, which is unacceptable. The exact value can be found with a micrometer or from the information on the manufacturer’s website. The adjustment is carried out as follows:
- We loosen the nut, insert the blade and begin to tighten;
- You should focus on the blade, gently tightening the nut;
- The adjustment is carried out until the valve free travel is eliminated. It should fit snugly enough.
- In the reverse order, we assemble the casing, put the oil bath in place.
If all manipulations are carried out without errors, then the engine will run smoothly and without unnecessary noise.
Float turns on the walk-behind tractor
Float turns on the walk-behind tractor
Carburetor care, replacement and repair
Sometimes, in order to bring the carburetor for the walk-behind tractor to a stable, working condition, there is not enough adjustment, repair or replacement is needed.
It so happens that the carburetor choke does not close completely. To eliminate this problem, you should check the operation of the drive. If jamming is found, remove it. over, given that the carburetor provides fuel and, therefore, drives the walk-behind tractor itself, you should carefully monitor the condition of this part and take proper care of it.
To avoid serious damage to the carburetor, you must constantly monitor its operation. In addition to adjusting the idle speed, you need to regularly clean the carburetor and replace worn parts. Since the carburetor interacts with the fuel mixture and air, the cause of its contamination can be either in the first or in the second source.
Types and methods of carburetor adjustment
As you know, the walk-behind tractor, like many other units of this type, works with the help of an engine. Due to the fact that the engine cannot ignite without supplying oxygen, it becomes necessary to use a carburetor. Two types of carburetors are used for the walk-behind tractor. One of them is rotary, the other is plunger. Naturally, each of the mentioned types has its own advantages and disadvantages, the choice depends on the walk-behind tractor, its performance and the type of work performed.
There are times when there are abnormalities in the operation of the carburetor (the process is unstable). In such a situation, the carburetor needs adjustment. How to adjust the carburetor on the walk-behind tractor? It is quite possible to do it yourself, following a certain sequence of actions.
- First, you need to turn the screws (full and low throttle) until they stop. Then turn them one and a half turn.
- Turn on the engine, give it time to start and warm up.
- Do not shut off the engine and place the motor control lever in the lowest speed mode.
- Next, set the minimum number of revolutions when the device is running stably.
- Then run idle to maximum.
- Shift idle to minimum. Repeat this action, alternating with the previous one, until the engine starts to run smoothly.
- Move the control lever to the “throttle” position.
Adjusting the fuel system of the walk-behind tractor
If the fuel is not supplied to the cylinder, then, first of all, it is necessary to check if there is enough fuel in the tank. You also need to check whether it goes to the carburetor. For this, a hose is removed from the inlet connection of the device. If we are talking about a carburetor type K45, you should press on its quench so that fuel begins to pour out through the drain hole.
If fuel does not enter the carburetor, then you need to turn off the fuel supply valve, completely disassemble it and remove accumulations of dirt from the mechanical filter. To achieve maximum cleanliness, all components must be treated with gasoline. The fuel cock is assembled and returned to its original location.
If fuel enters the carburetor, but the cylinders are not supplied, it is necessary to check the correct operation of the fuel valve, as well as the presence of dirt on the jets.
To deal with the carburetor of a gasoline walk-behind tractor of the KMB-5 type, you need to remove it from the engine and pour out the fuel from the float chamber. Through the fitting (see figure), with the help of which the gasoline is supplied, it is necessary to supply the air mixture, having previously installed the carburetor in the operating position. The passage of air should go unhindered, and when the carburetor is turned over, it should completely stop. These features indicate the full performance of the part.
Details in the figure: 1. fuel supply connection; 2. upper body; 3. throttle valve; 4. idle needle; 5. jet; 6. lower body; 7. air damper; 8. screw fixing the tie; 9. maximum gas needle; 10. spraying element; 11. float; 12. fuel supply valve.
The fuel level inside the float chamber can be adjusted using the float tab. Ideally, it should range from 3 to 3.5 centimeters.
To purge the nozzles, it is necessary to unscrew the screws responsible for full and low gas.
Cleaning the carburetor parts begins by loosening the screws holding the upper housing. The lower body is removed, the fuel supply valve is flushed with gasoline, and the dirt from the nozzles is blown out by a pump. It is necessary to check if the float is intact. It is absolutely impossible to use rags in the cleaning process.
After completing the cleaning, the housings are connected. It is necessary to check that the spray tube is clearly inserted into the hole located on the upper body. Open the throttle valve and check how well the assembly is done. The screws that secure the upper case are tightly tightened. After the assembly process is completely completed, the carburetor should be adjusted. This will significantly improve the performance of the walk-behind tractor with attachments, since for correct operation, ideal adjustment of all its parts is required.
If the carburetor DM 1.08.100 is installed on the engine of the walk-behind tractor, then the procedure for adjusting it will be as follows:
- Screw in the screw 10 (Fig. 3) at idle until it stops and unscrew it half a turn.
- Then you need to tighten the full throttle screw 9, unscrew it completely by 2 turns.
- Unscrew the screw 4 (Fig. 4) of the minimum engine speed right up to the stop of the lever against the bore of the carburetor body and tighten it 2 turns.
- Start the walk-behind tractor engine, then adjust stable operation at maximum speed after warming up with screw 9.
Do not allow the engine control lever to be turned off, move it to the minimum throttle (rpm) position and by unscrewing screw 10 set stable idle rpm.
That’s basically it. The main points of adjusting the main parts of the walk-behind tractor are considered. Adjust your walk-behind tractor with pleasure!