What you need to know before using a new lawnmower
the grass trimmer is a handy and easy-to-use tool for mowing grass and trimming small bushes and trees. It often uses a line for trimmer (string, cord) as a cutting element, because it costs less than knife-discs and is safer to use. Heavy use of the tool will eventually require changing the trimmer line on the trimmer. This process is similar on mowers from different manufacturers, whether Husqvarna or Huter, with possible minor differences.
First of all, to wind the fishing line requires removing the spool (bobbin, bobbin) from the grass trimmer. the specific actions will depend on the complexity of the configuration and the type of the product itself:
- small electric grass trimmers with the working position of the motor and spool in the bottom, usually have on both sides of the reel side keys. Pressing them at the same time disengages the top part of the reel with the internal contents for winding the line, while the bottom part remains on the trimmer. It is desirable to disassemble the bobbin on a flat, smooth place so that the spring that is part of the construction does not pop out and get lost;
- Electric and gasoline grass trimmers with a curved rod without the possibility of installing a knife, as a rule, have a spool with a special wingnut: in such designs should be one hand to hold the bobbin in a fixed position, and the other counterclockwise to rotate the fixing the bobbin on the rod nut, wingnut. After disconnecting the nut, the entire bobbin is removed.
- STIHL electric and petrol grass trimmers with a straight shaft blade (e.g. STIHL grass trimmers) have a hole under the bobbin. To immobilize the rod, a screwdriver or other suitable object is inserted into this hole, and a slow rotation achieves a mutual arrangement in which the screwdriver enters the hole, and the bobbin is fixed. After that, the spool body is twisted clockwise (with left-hand thread) and removed from the grass trimmer.
For the second and third case, spools, depending on the design, are disassembled in different ways. In spools with a wingnut, the wingnut is unscrewed, in spools with latches, the latch latches are pressed and one part of the spool is released from the other. If the bobbin halves are connected by threads, it is enough to turn them by hand in opposite directions until they are completely unscrewed.
How to change, remove mowing head electric grass trimmer BlackDecker GL716
How to change, remove mowing head electric grass trimmer
BlackDecker GL716 for repair or replacement.
In most cases, gasoline trimmers with an engine more than 1.5 liters.с. use cords with an iron cable inside. In this video I show you how to disassemble the spool of a gasoline trimmer for grass, as well as how to properly wind the line on it for trimmer. Watch carefully the video I have on a similar trimmer how to replace the line for trimmer in. Such a thread is perfectly suitable for mowing dry grass and small bushes. The presence of a core, positively affects the durability of this material. The disadvantage of such a cord is its price, which is significantly higher than the above listed opponents.
How to replace a trimmer line on a trimmer?
Replacing the grass trimmer line with step-by-step instructions will allow even the inexperienced in such matters lawnmower owner to perform quite a difficult work.
However, before you begin work on replacing the fishing line on your trimmer, you need to ensure the safety of the work. In particular, measures should be taken to protect against careless or spontaneous activation of the lawnmower:
- to exclude spontaneous start-up,
- Remove the battery pack (if used),
- Place the tool on a suitable working area.
Grass trimmer line replacement work is convenient to perform when the mower is lying on the table, and the master, who performs grass trimmer line replacement, has the opportunity to step up to the tool from any side.
Grass trimmer head cover removal
The first disassembly step is removing the grass trimmer head cover. On an example of models of trimmers “Black and Decker” and others, for removal of a cover it is usually enough to apply some pressing force to squeeze the latch-fixator, which are located on the side of the head.
On some models of lawnmowers initially provides for the dismantling of the grass trimmer head, for which a hexagon wrench included in the tool kit is used. The head is usually held by two or three screws, which are accessed through the side holes of the back decorative cover.
The cover of the head, where the filament spool is installed, is usually held in place by a latch. It is enough to squeeze the catch-lip with some effort and twist the cover, after which the cover is easily removed At the moment of squeezing the catch-lip, you need to slightly rotate and lift the cover of the grass trimmer head to remove the winding drum.
Step two: extracting the spool with the fishing line
The next step in the process is to remove the spool of fishing line from inside the head. It is necessary to turn the head with the open side to see the trimmer line and spool. On the side of the head to find two recesses (eyelets), through which the line for the trimmer is led out.
Release the line for the trimmer from the holes by turning the reel. Then carefully remove the spool from the head area. The winding drum of some models is installed on a spring. This point must be taken into account during the extraction operation.
Procedure for extracting the grass trimmer spool with fishing line from the inner area of the head: 1. head complete with spool; 2. extraction gently with a small axial rotation; 3. extracted parts The old trimmer line is completely removed from the spool. To remove an old grass trimmer line, you need to remove the line from the loop-locks and pull the free end. This method removes all old winding. Repeats the same process on the second reel section. Wearing gloves is recommended for the user.
Types of trimmer heads
Grass cutter head is a cylindrical body, in which is inserted a spool (bobbin) with a thread (cord) filled in it. This design can be installed on both gasoline and electric trimmers. Heads differ in the way of filling and filing cord and come in 3 types.
- Automatic. The filament feed is performed after the user has reduced engine speed. Although automatic line feed is convenient if you perform large volumes of work, but such bobbins have one disadvantage. high consumption of thread.
- Semi-automatic. Using this type of head does not require the user to perform complex manipulations. The way they work is that the cord is lengthened automatically while the machine is running at full speed. It is enough to slightly knock the grass trimmer head on the ground (this removes the cord lock), and the line for the trimmer due to the centrifugal force is pulled out of the bobbin and then cut to the right length by the blade located on the protective cover.
- Manual. To extend the cord, you need to stop the machine, after which the line for the trimmer is pulled manually.
Based on the above, semi-automatic spools are the best option. Also note that grass trimmer reels for grass are single string (used only for grass trimming) and double string, which are used for mowing tall grass and small, with thin stems of bushes.
Which line to choose for your trimmer?
Before you stock up on this material to fill in the trimmer for grass, you need to decide on the choice of. After all, the usual so-called round line for the trimmer is not the only kind that exists. So how do you decide which one is best for you?? To begin with, it is necessary to determine the working conditions.
Choice by type. A trimmer line with a circular cross-section is the most common. It fits on all reels, with very few exceptions. This type of material is suitable for cutting fresh, lush grass. But it may no longer be able to mow what are known as “dead wood”. It is useless to talk about trying to mow shrubs with this thread.
In addition to the conventional type, there are others with sharp edges. They are usually made in “star” or “square” patterns. The presence of sharp edges is the main feature and the key difference between these threads.
It is thanks to this feature, the threads of these types are able to mow dry weeds. But pointed filaments are not without disadvantages, the main of which can be called a rapid wear and tear and strength, which is noticeably inferior to the round type.
In addition to the already mentioned types of fishing line, there are other interesting and frequently encountered varieties. Particularly among them can be noted scaffolding, which has a metal wire inside. Threads of this type are often used in tools that run on gasoline and have an engine more powerful than one and a half horsepower.
Threads with a metal core come in both round cross-section and with sharp edges. Regardless of the type of cross-section, such threads are best suited to overcome plants that are difficult to mow. Threads of this type easily mow not only dry grass, but even small bushes.
Filaments with wire inside compare favorably with other types of consumables by their incredible durability. But unfortunately, this feature has more than a noticeable impact on the price of this type. The cost of filaments with a core is much higher than that of other types.
You should also pay special attention to the thickness of the material. For mowing young grass, a thread with a diameter in the range of one and a half millimeters is suitable. The larger the diameter of the line, the drier and rougher the weeds it can handle.
There is a “but” when choosing a thread thickness. It is important not only to assess the capabilities of the material, but also to take into account the peculiarities of the grass trimmer. It is necessary to look in the user’s manual, which is included with the tool, and find information about the requirements to the cutting element.
Using the wrong filament can lead to tool failure. Using too thick a thread will overload the engine. Using too fine a thread will severely increase wear and tear on the torque arm.
That’s why the choice of consumable material should be as responsible as the choice of threading it into the grass trimmer. When a suitable line for the trimmer is found and purchased, you can begin to consider how to wind it on the spool.
How to wind a trimmer line onto a grass trimmer reel
Filling the line into the tool spool, at first glance, is not a simple thing. But it is enough to carefully study this process. and in the future all the necessary actions will be performed without any difficulty.
To learn how to tuck the line for the trimmer into the grass trimmer, it is worth reading this guide. The step-by-step instructions below take into account the features of different types of trimmer reels, so they apply to any tool.
- The fishing line reel is the bottommost part of the grass trimmer. The first thing to do, of course, is to remove the head from the tool. To do this, you need to fix the rod (or, in other words, the shaft) on which the spool is attached. It is necessary to fix it in such a way that it does not scroll. This is easiest to do by placing between the threads of the shaft through a special hole a kind of stupor (preferably metal). When the shaft is fixed, you can unscrew the spool.
- At this stage it is necessary to remove the bobbin from the head, to which the line for the trimmer is attached. To do this, you will need to disassemble the head into its components. To do this, you must first locate the retainer. It is located on the circumference of the product and is similar to a button. When the catch is found, press it firmly. Holding the latch pressed, it is necessary to turn the head cover clockwise. Then the cover should be removed and the bobbin removed.
- Between the bobbin and the head is a tight spring. It should be put aside for a while so that it does not interfere with the winding process. Inspect the bobbin before proceeding with the line winding step. If there are any remnants of the old line on it, they must be removed. When the bobbin is cleaned, you can start preparing a new coil.
- From a pre-prepared reel of new fishing line it is necessary to measure and cut off six (maximum. seven) meters. The bobbin must be within arm’s reach.
At this point, actually begins a key stage, which this article is dedicated to.
The first method of winding the line
The correct amount of line has been cut. Now you need to carefully inspect the bobbin to see what type it belongs to. This determines how the line for the trimmer is to be wound.
There are two types of bobbins. In general, they do not differ much from each other. Regardless of the type, the bobbin is divided into two compartments. the upper and lower. In the first type, the separating edge is not closed in a ring and has a recess.
In the second type it is solid, but near it on both sides there are small through holes. The way of winding the thread should be studied depending on which of the above types the spool belongs to.
- The previously prepared six-meter segment should be bent in half. It is best not to bend it exactly in the middle, but to make one half about fifteen centimeters longer than the other.
- Then the bending place should be inserted into the recess in the separating edge. One half of the line should be at the top of the spool and the other half at the bottom.
- Now you can directly start winding. Wind it in the direction of the arrow on the bobbin. When winding, hold the threads so that they do not intertwine and the upper half is wound into the top of the bobbin and the lower half is wound into the bottom of the bobbin. There should be about fifteen centimeters from the end of each half.
- There are small notches (or grooves) in the top edge of the bobbin to hold the consumables in place. The ends of the threads should be inserted into these notches so that they are fastened one opposite the other.
- The final stage of threading the consumable material in the tool. the ends fixed on the bobbin should be put through the appropriate holes in the head of the trimmer for grass.
- That’s it. The winding process is complete. All that’s left to do now is to reassemble the head as a unit. The spring is carefully placed back between the bobbin and the head. Then insert the bobbin into the head and press them together.
- Pull the loose ends of the threads out more. To do this, take turns pulling the ends of the consumable so as to remove them from the grooves of the bobbin. Check that the cutter is out of the retaining grooves by trying to pull the threads out a little. they should come out freely through the holes in the head.
- Press the bobbin down and place the cover over the bobbin. The cover should be screwed to the head so that all the grooves on their housings are aligned and the bobbin remains fixed between them.
- And finally, the last action. the head is screwed back into place at the bottom of the tool.
The process is complete. The line for the trimmer is tucked into the spool. The weed trimmer is ready for the next step.
The second way of winding
- The previously prepared six-metre long piece needs to be bent exactly in the middle and cut. Two pieces of line of equal length are created that way.
- A small “hook” must be made at one end of each piece. To do this, bend a couple of centimeters from the edge and briefly fix it so that the “hook” does not unbend.
- Then only one length of line is wound. The “hook” is inserted into the through hole at the top of the bobbin.
- Now the key stage can be reached. the winding. The direction in which to wind is indicated by an arrow on the bobbin. It is important to make sure that the line for the trimmer is wound strictly within the top of the spool. It is not necessary to wind the thread up to the tip. about fifteen centimeters should be left free from the end.
- There are small notches (called grooves) in the upper edge of the bobbin to hold the thread. The free “tail” of the thread should be inserted into one of these notches.
- The upper part of the spool is tucked in. Now the same procedure should be done with the lower part. The second piece of thread is taken. The “hook” is threaded through a through hole in the bottom of the bobbin.
- After that you can start winding the line for the trimmer (within the lower compartment). This piece should also be left free about fifteen centimeters from the end. This remaining “tail” must be inserted in the notch opposite to the one in which the end of the first piece is inserted.
How to change a line for a trimmer on a trimmer?
Grass trimmer is considered by far the easiest and most convenient device for cutting grass and other low vegetation. It should also be noted that this particular device is in demand among consumers today. Let’s find out today how to change a line on it for a trimmer, and do it without any help.
You have a trimmer for the grass. this is great, because the device is inexpensive and at the same time very convenient and effective. Time passes, and if you have been using this unit constantly, the line for the trimmer comes into disrepair, which means that it is time to carry out its replacement. Take to specialized repair points. this is one of the options to change the line for the trimmer, but why pay for it if you can carry out this process yourself.
- very easy to operate
- easy to operate, anyone can handle it
- affordable, so it can be purchased by everyone
So, in order for the grass trimmer to work effectively. It is necessary to choose correctly the cutting heads or special heads. If the cutting head can be sharpened, there is nothing to be done in the case of the line, it will only need to be replaced.
It should be noted that the line for the trimmer, tucked into the coil is called the cord, and the considered part can be installed on the trimmer, which works with electricity or on gasoline.
When you needed to change the line for the trimmer on the trimmer, you should start this process with the disassembly of the spool itself, without this you simply can not do without this to achieve the goal. It turns out that first we remove and then disassemble the spool to get to the line.
The mowing head by its design is not simple, it has several parts, namely springs (this detail can be found in not all models), cover, cover and bobbin with fishing line.
If your unit runs on electricity, before you start the process of disassembly, it is necessary to turn it off from the mains. The mowing head can be attached to the trimmer in several ways, which will determine how to disassemble it. So, let’s proceed to the removal of the trimmer head (it should be understood that this process will require disassembly completely):
- Looking for the locks that are located on both sides of the cover, press them and remove the cover, which is a protective barrier for the head, which is under it.
- Under the cover is the bobbin, it is necessary to remove it. It should also be noted that some models are also equipped with a spring, which is located directly under the bobbin, and if such is present, it is also worth to remove it. Because it’s shallow and you can lose it.
- Under the bobbin there is a screw that can be unscrewed either with a Phillips or a flat screwdriver (also depends on the model and manufacturer). Some models have a screw instead of a screw, so keep this in mind. The screw or the bolt has to be unscrewed.
- After the fastener is removed, we carefully take the body and remove it from the gear shaft.
The second method of disassembling the head is useful if it is screwed directly onto the reducer shaft. In order to remove the part in question, you will need to fix the shaft. A metal rod or a thin screwdriver will come in handy here:
- Insert the rod into the hole and fix the shaft
- After that it is necessary, holding the head body, to spin it, and it is necessary to do that only in clockwise direction, but not counterclockwise. It is necessary to understand that the thread in this case is the left one, and that’s why the turning should be performed in this direction.
Now let’s start winding the new fishing line. Firstly, you need to choose the thickness and, of course, the cord length, usually these parameters are selected depending on the model. Basically, you need to buy a new line for the trimmer similar to the old one in all parameters. If for some reason you are not satisfied with the parameters of the old one, you can buy the one you think will be the best variant.
You should also understand that the thicker the line you choose for the trimmer, the thicker the grass it can cut, but the universal variant in this case is the diameter of the line with the size of 2 mm.
The new trimmer fishing line you’ve purchased must be wound onto the head, which is why the first step in our process was to take it apart. When the head is open and you have the new cord in your hands, start winding it up:
- First, we determine how much fishing line we need for winding. To do this, coil the line for the trimmer so that it does not extend beyond the reel itself.
- Now tuck the line for the trimmer into the bobbin. for this we fold the line for the trimmer in half, and one end should be shorter than the other by about 10 cm.
- Since the bobbin itself consists of two parts, and the central rim is a divider, you need to find a slot on it, in which the line for the trimmer will be inserted. It is worth noting that in order to perform this process, you will need to put some effort.
- On the bobbin will indicate the winding direction of the line, so be careful. Let’s wind it carefully and take our time. We fasten one end, which is shorter, into the groove. located in the side of the spool, and in another groove fasten the second end.
Now reassemble the head of the spool and fasten everything in the opposite order. Now there is a new line for the trimmer on your trimmer, which will help you to mow the grass quickly and without problems.
How to install a saw blade on a grass trimmer
The main working bodies of any grass trimmer are a spool with a fishing line or a special disc (plastic or metal). Both green grass plants can be mowed with a plastic blade, and dry grass, bulrush and even bushes with a metal blade. Is it possible to increase the functionality of the grass trimmer by installing a saw blade on it?
This operation does not differ in appearance from that of a typical disk, but requires even more attention, care and thoroughness of control. Remove the spool of fishing line by blocking the gear shaft with a pin or screwdriver of suitable diameter, turning the fishing line container counterclockwise.
We try on a diamond disk to the bottom spline washer and make sure that its seating hole is larger than the diameter of the seating ring on the washer. At high revolutions the saw blade can shift and unbalance, which will inevitably lead to a tool breakage and even injury of the operator or people nearby. Let’s try on compensating washers one by one and choose the one that suits the width and the gap between saw blade fitting place and centering shoulder of lower washer completely. Install alternately on the gear shaft of the lower washer with a compensation ring, diamond disc, upper washer and protective cup, which is still partially redistributes the clamping force on a larger area. We tighten the complete set on the gearbox shaft by tightening the nut with a left-hand thread, first by hand, then with a socket wrench, blocking the shaft of the gearbox from below with a suitable screwdriver.
Remove the protective plastic tube from the teeth and check once again that the saw blade is firmly attached to the gearbox shaft. If it turned out to be reliable the grass trimmer is ready for usual and non-designated for this tool work, with a diamond disk installed.
Testing in practice
For safety you must wear a protective helmet with a transparent face shield and gloves to protect your hands. At the beginning we are trying to remove thinner, dry branches, gradually moving to larger ones, and finish the test by sawing dried and semi-dry tree trunks 7-8 cm in diameter.
We make sure that the grass trimmer with diamond disc works quite effectively, reliably and safely. Both transverse and oblique cuts are very smooth. No crumpled or torn wood fibers are visible. Cutting grass with a diamond blade is also quite comfortable, efficient and productive, regardless of its height, density and degree of dryness. So, the grass trimmer with a circular saw blade not only perfectly performs its direct function (mowing grass), but also expands its range of application (removing knots and branches from trees, and sawing down non-thick trunks). Note! Do not fit very large, thick saw blades to your brushcutter as this will increase the stress on the gearbox and engine and could lead to premature breakdown. It will also reduce the safety of working with such tools, which should not be allowed under any circumstances.
When to use blades?
When using brushcutters in the countryside, the line for the trimmer is the most popular attachment. It has a low price, it is suitable for different trimmer heads, it is safe when working. The disadvantage of using a fishing line is that it is only good for cutting low growth. In other situations, the string is clogged immediately, regardless of whether a gasoline or electric grass trimmer model is used. In addition, the vegetation gets wrapped around the spindle and causes significant resistance to the shaft, leading to shaft breakage. It can also cause the piston system in chain saws to fail, or the motor in electric trimmers to burn out.
That is why different line attachments are used for mowing tall or stiff vegetation. So for cutting tall and coarse grass, thin shoots of trees and bushes it is better to use a disc. This nozzle clogs much less often, which contributes to greater durability of the equipment.
Side note! Due to the fact that the motor of electric trimmers and cordless models is less powerful than on petrol mowers, so the use of discs is more relevant for petrol mowers.
Features of brushcutter blades
Blade blades are available in plastic and metal, and in different shapes to perform a variety of tasks.
- Two-, three- and four-blade blades with pronounced blades are used for mowing grass and brushwood. But they are not suitable for making hay, because they shred the shoots by cutting them several times.
- The big four-blade discs are not only good for clearing grass but also for cutting hay. They prevent the shoots from being cut too many times, making them suitable for storing for the winter.
- The discs with cutting edges on their circumference are especially useful for cutting reeds and rushes. These knives are very heavy. a necessary quality for cutting thick stems.
- Professional sawtooth blades for brushcutters and brush cutters can cut small trees and shrubs.
Plastic blades are used as an alternative to metal discs. They do not need to be firmly seated in the head and rotate due to centrifugal force. The durability of plastic blades is high, so the service life is quite long.
For your information! The advantage of plastic blades is that once they hit an insurmountable obstacle, they bounce back and there is no renewed contact.
Features of brushcutter blades
Blade discs are available in plastic and metal, as well as in different shapes to perform a variety of tasks.
- Two-, three- and four-blade knives with pronounced blades are used for mowing grass and woody growth. However, they are not suitable for making hay, because they shred the shoots by cutting them several times.
- Massive four-bladed discs are not only for clearing the ground from the grass, but also for mowing hay. They prevent the shoots from being cut repeatedly, thus making them suitable for harvesting for the winter.
- Discs with cutting edges on the perimeter are useful for cutting reeds and rushes. These blades are very heavy. a necessary quality for cutting thick stems.
- Professional sawtooth blades for brushcutters and brush cutters are ideal for cutting small trees and shrubs.
Plastic blades are used as an alternative to metal blades. They do not need to be fixed tightly in the head, and they rotate as a result of centrifugal force. The durability of plastic blades is high, so the service life is long enough.
Side note! The advantage of plastic discs is that if they hit an insurmountable obstacle, they bounce off and there is no renewed contact.
How to install a blade on a grass trimmer
The installation of the blade on the grass trimmer is very easy. This is done using a complete wrench to disengage the cutting head and a pin to lock the gearbox. The procedure is as follows.
- First of all, you should unplug the electric trimmer for grass, gasoline trimmer. just shut it off. Disconnect and set aside the blade guard.
- Next, align the holes on the gearbox and the shaft so as to insert the pin and secure the actuator.
- If a bobbin with a fishing line was used, it must be unscrewed in a clockwise direction.
- Then you need to find a nut to screw in the blade.
- The next step is to install the blades. Trimmer owners often wonder which side to put the disk on. To do it, make sure that the marking with numbers and letters is on the top.
- Then you need to put the duster on top, and above it the fixing nut, which must be tightened firmly with a wrench.
- The last step is to install the safety guard.
As you can see the procedure is very simple and the same for many brands, whether it is STIHL or Husqvarna.
As a side note! If the owner of the device wants to replace the disc back to the trimmer line, you can install the spool with it in a similar way.
Design of the grass trimmer reel
Mowing heads for trimmers come in different designs. both simple and complex. The picture below shows a semi-automatic trimmer head from the Husqvarna brushcutter (Husqvarna) disassembled.
This type of head is present in the package of the majority of gasoline mowers and electric trimmers, such as STIHL (STIHL), Patriot (Patriot), Champion (Champion), Bosch (Bosch), Huter (Huter) and others. The design of the mowing head is quite simple. It includes the following parts:
- the base of the mowing head;
- Button for semi-automatic filament feed;
- bobbin (spool) in which the trimmer line is threaded;
- eyelets. through them, the line for the trimmer comes out;
- trimmer head cover;
- trimmer line (cord).
There are also simpler trimmer heads, shown in the following photo.
All of these attachments do not allow you to change the length of the line in semi-automatic mode (after pressing a button). If the cord breaks, you have to stop the mower and change it manually.
Preparing to Change
To make it clear, the mowing head (bobbin) was removed from the brushcutter. To change the line it is not necessary to remove it, everything is done in place. It does not take much time.
Dismantle the grass trimmer bobbin. it is held on the latches. Remove cover by pushing on catches. If your hands are not strong enough to do this, use a screwdriver.
The bobbin consists of the following:
The principle is as follows. When the button is pressed, the bobbin presses against the spring and comes out of the fixing grooves in the bobbin lid. Holding the reel in this position, you can twist it, thereby adjusting the line length. When the button is released, the body spring returns the spool to its original locked position.
Saw chain repair machine range
A special chain saw chain riveting machine is among the work equipment of specialized workshops. The proposed range includes several budget and branded models of imported production
Increased capabilities and comfortable level of work are characterized by riveting machines of STIHL, Husqvarna and Champion brands.
Technically advanced devices ensure high quality rivet joints, saving time and money.
Conclusions on performance
To summarize, it is worth saying that manufacturers do not just use a special line for the trimmer. It is optimally suited to the work with this tool: Mows the grass well and doesn’t overload the mechanics of the unit. If it has run out and there is still a lot of work to be done, it is better to buy a new one. For temporary use, of course, you can install a metal rope, but at the first opportunity it should be changed, for a special line for the trimmer. Otherwise, it will be detrimental to the technical condition of the tool.
It is necessary to choose a line for trimmer not only by thickness, but also by shape, here’s why: the cord does not cut the stem, but breaks it. A rotating string repeatedly beats on the surface of the stem and finally separates its upper part. For this kind of work, the shape of the cutting edge is an important technical characteristic.