How to correctly load a trimmer line into a grass trimmer
First of all, the winding of the fishing line requires removing the spool (bobbin, bobbin) from the grass trimmer. the specific actions will depend on the complexity of the configuration and the type of the product itself:
- small electric grass trimmers with a working arrangement of the motor and spool in the lower part usually have side keys on both sides of the reel. When pressed at the same time, the upper part of the reel with its internal line winding contents detaches, while the lower part stays on the trimmer. It is advisable to disassemble the bobbin on level, smooth ground so that the spring that is part of the construction does not pop out and get lost;
- Electric and gasoline grass trimmers with a curved rod without the possibility of installing a knife, as a rule, have a spool with a special wing nut: in such designs should be one hand to hold the bobbin in a fixed position, and the other counterclockwise rotate fixing the bobbin on the rod nut hinge. After loosening the nut, the entire bobbin is removed.
- electric and gasoline grass trimmers with a blade option on a straight shaft (for example, STIHL grass trimmers) have a hole under the bobbin. To immobilize the boom, a screwdriver or other suitable object is inserted into this hole and slow rotation achieves a mutual arrangement where the screwdriver enters the hole and the reel is fixed. After that, the body of the spool is scrolled clockwise (with the left thread) and removed from the grass trimmer.
For the second and third cases, spools, depending on the design, are disassembled in different ways. In spools with a drum unscrew the drum, in spools with latches press the latches-fixators and one part of the spool is released from the other. If the bobbin halves are connected by thread, it is enough to turn them by hand in opposite directions until they are completely unscrewed.
Thick line for trimmer
It is stored in the upper part of the grass trimmer body.
A place to store a spare spool
Installing such a line for the trimmer in the spool is very simple. according to the internal circuit inside the spool. The center of the line with the metal fastener is inserted in the upper part of the spool, and the ends of the line are led through the grooves and outward.
line for high-strength trimmer in the spool
Ozito 18V Cordless Grass Trimmer Tips & Tricks
It is attached to the grass trimmer in the same way as a spool of ordinary fishing line.
WARNING! Typical line problems
There is a reason they say: “Forewarned is forearmed “. Being aware of the possible problems and their causes, you can prevent them in time. We recommend to remember or leave a memo.
|Line breakage||Stones, branches and hard objects in the grass||Avoid collision|
|The cord is of poor quality||Replace with a quality alternative|
|Worn outlets in the head||Complete part replacement required|
|Trimmer line unwinds||The spring in the spool is loose||Check the spring and replace if damaged|
|Your trimmer line is sticking together||Poor quality line which can melt when exposed to heat from heated head||Wind less line or use a higher quality filament|
For a better understanding of how to change the line in the bobbin with a video guide from FUBAG:
First of all, to wind the fishing line requires removing the spool (bobbin, bobbin) from the grass trimmer. the specific steps will depend on the complexity of the configuration and type of the product itself:
- small electric grass trimmers with the working arrangement of the motor and spool in the bottom usually have side keys on both sides of the reel. When you simultaneously press them, the upper part of the spool with the internal contents for winding the fishing line is detached, while the lower part remains on the trimmer. It is advisable to disassemble the bobbin on a flat, smooth place so that the spring included in the construction does not pop out and get lost;
- electric and petrol grass trimmers with a curved boom without the possibility of installing a knife usually have a reel with a special wing nut: in such designs, hold the bobbin in a stationary position with one hand and rotate the fixing reel on the boom with the wing nut counterclockwise with the other. After disconnecting the nut, the entire spool is removed.
- Electric and gasoline grass trimmers with the ability to install a knife on a straight shaft (eg, STIHL grass trimmers) under the bobbin has a hole. To immobilize the rod, a screwdriver or other suitable object is inserted into this hole and slow rotation achieves a mutual arrangement whereby the screwdriver enters the hole and the spool is secured. After that the bobbin case is turned clockwise (with left-hand thread) and removed from the grass trimmer.
For the second and third cases, depending on the design, the reels are disassembled in different ways. For reels with wing bolts, the wing bolts are unscrewed and for reels with latches, the latches are pressed and one part of the reel is loosened from the other part. If the bobbin halves are threaded together, it is sufficient to turn them by hand in opposite directions until they are completely undone.
Reel with one take-up pin
The simplest variant and uncomplicated sequence of actions:
- The size of the bobbin and the length of the original factory winding determine the recommended length of line for winding. 25 m.
- One end of the line is inserted through a catching technological hole inside the bobbin.
- The line is wound on the reel in the opposite direction to the turn of the bobbin on the trimmer, usually on the inside of the reel an arrow points in which direction the line is wound.
- Leave small part of line free for taking it outside. it is fixed in a special groove on the inner side of the bobbin, designed for holding the winding when assembling the bobbin into working state.
- The leftover line end is fed through the hole on the outside of the bobbin.
- Bobbin halves are assembled and attached to the trimmer bar.
Swapping fishing line for a disk or knife
When landscaping a garden plot, park areas and other places where you need to mow different kinds of plants, it is often necessary to change the trimmer cutting tool. This is dictated by the fact that the standard cord installed in the mowing head can only cope with grass. But when a bush or young growth of trees appears on the path of the worker, the line for the trimmer can not cope with such a task, and it is required to change it for a more effective cutting tool.
Manufacturers of trimmers have provided for such situations, and supplemented their products with a mass of nozzles in the form of knives with several “petals” or in the form of discs similar to circular saws.
If you replace the line for the trimmer with a knife with several “petals”, you can mow both tall grass and plants with thick and dry stems with such a tool. And by replacing the line for the trimmer with a disc, the user of the brushcutter has the opportunity to cut bushes or small trees.
Blades and discs are installed according to the following algorithm.
- The first thing to do is to remove the mowing head by locking the shaft (turn it clockwise) or the nut and dust cover if the machine has not yet been used.
- Fit the saw or cutter blade so that they are seated on the small projection (bushing).
For a better understanding of the tool change process, you can watch this video.
Algorithm of action
Before you properly wind the trimmer line onto the grass trimmer reel, follow the steps:
block the cutting shaft with a stupor; remove the spool, to do this, press the button or two small locks (they are located on opposite sides of the rod); carefully take out the bobbin (inside the spool there is a spring, which can be lost after removing the bobbin);
Spool with a spring, the spool is free and ready to wind the new fishing line
- Remove any line and grass residue from the bobbin if it gets caught;
- Measure the required length of working thread and cut it (usually 6 meters of trimmer line);
- fold the thread in half and place the middle inside the spool.
The next steps depend on the type of bobbin.
Instructions with a step-by-step description of how to wind the grass trimmer reel and lawnmower
In order not to make a mistake with the choice of suitable fishing line for your tool, you should first disassemble the head, and look at the side of the spool. This information is usually presented on the tip, which will not allow you to make a mistake in applying the appropriate tool.
If the information on the spool about what diameter of line for the trimmer can be charged, then this information can be clarified in the instructions. Having decided on the thickness or diameter of the tooling, it remains to figure out how to charge it. There are two ways to do this, but they are not all applicable. Consider both methods in detail, and depending on what models brushcutter and trimmer you use, decide for yourself which option is suitable.
Preparing. remove and disassemble the bobbin
Most models of electric and gasoline powered trimmers require that you remove the reel to change the line. FUBAG tools (with electric trimmers and chain saws) allow you to bypass this step. To make the instructions universal, we will still look at it in detail:
Secure the shaft. Insert a locking element into the corresponding hole. This can be a thin screwdriver or a metal bar.
Unscrew the bobbin case. In our example fully clockwise.
Unscrew cap according to the direction shown on the housing.
The preparatory phase is over. You can start winding the line.
How to wind the hair on the trimmer reel
Spool your hair in the direction of the bobbin case.
Insert the short hair end into the groove on the side of the reel.
Lock the long end in the counter groove.
Put the spool with winded hair in the bobbin case.
Pull the hair out of the friction slots.
Cut the end of the hairline, leaving 10 to 15 centimeters.
Hair replacement is finished and now you just have to screw the bobbin on trimmer and you can work.
How To Replace Trimmer Nylon String | Brush Cutter Nylon Wire Replacement |Trimmer Wire Replacement