Protection against unintended start
It is a device that blocks pressing the start button. To start the engine, it is first unlocked. If there is such an option, then in any unforeseen situation, the button will not be pressed.
Top 7 best Bulgarians: rating for reliability, quality and price
The list below contains the most popular models for home use. They stand out for their optimal value for money. They, like other angle grinders, can cut any metal, but not wood.
DeWALT DCG405N, 125 mm
The angle grinder is battery operated. There is a motor brake, soft start. spindle lock, power button lock, additional handle.
maximum disk rotation speed. 9000 rpm;
Metabo W 650-125, 650 W, 125 mm
Of the functions, there is a spindle fixation. You can block the power button. Mains cable 2.5 m long. Complete set: protective cover, wrench for 2 holes, additional handle.
maximum disk rotation speed. 11000 rpm;
In good grinders, equipped with a special regulator, you can control the operating modes.
- Use of diamond-coated discs in work. Thanks to the function, it will be possible to avoid overheating and damage. Workpieces are processed at low speed.
- Replacing a circle of one size with another. Speed adjustments to be made here.
- cutting brittle materials.
- Stone processing. For each type, you need to choose your own speed.
If only cutting metal and other materials is to be done, then the speed controller is not needed. The speed control system works with a soft start system, is reliable in application.
Criteria for Selecting a Good Angle Grinder
Before choosing an angle grinder, you should familiarize yourself with the main characteristics. When choosing, take into account: expediency for home use, circle diameter, speed and intensity indicators, the presence of types of protection. To find the optimal, cost-effective model, you need to find out the amount of electricity consumption. Discs are consumables. They come in different diameters: 115, 125, 150, 180 and 230 mm. The latter can be used to cut thick metal.
Rating of the best Bulgarians
Hammer USM 1200 E
High-performance angle grinder for discs up to 125 mm diameter. It is distinguished by high productivity, the user can easily perform both cutting and grinding work. Speed control allows the angle grinder to be adjusted to suit the operator.
A feature of the grinder is the handle, which can be fixed in two positions. left or right, making it more convenient to use. Also, the spindle lock makes the unit more attractive, making it easier to change equipment.
- Sufficient power (1200W).
- Keeps revs well under load.
- Availability of spare brushes.
- The start button must be pressed throughout the entire operating time.
- Rigid network wire.
Features of the device. Differences between models
The angle grinder (angle grinder) appeared in the middle of the 20th century and quickly became an important tool for manual metalworking. Its advantages:
- Versatility: the tool allows you to cut, clean and polish.
- Increased processing speed compared to hand tools and machine tools. this applies to small amounts of work.
- Ease of maintenance. no adjustment of the angle grinder is required, and maintenance of it consists in periodic cleaning, blowing from dust.
- Small size allows you to carry the angle grinder around the work area.
But there are also negative aspects:
- Large parts and structures are difficult to handle.
- 220 Volt network required. However, cordless angle grinders are available.
- Failure to follow safety precautions can easily cause injury.
The angle grinder is an electric motor that transmits torque through a gearbox to the main shaft with locking nuts. Circles are clamped in them: cutting, cleaning, polishing.
Diameters: external / holes for installation, in mm
It is recommended to purchase models with a soft start. this option increases the resource of the motor. After pressing the button, the engine does not immediately reach operating speed, but with a slight delay. that is, it unwinds smoothly.
Adjusting the speed of the electric motor expands the scope of the angle grinder. the tool can be used for grinding and polishing surfaces. These operations are carried out at reduced speed.
How to work properly?
When working with an angle grinder, it is imperative to observe safety precautions, since this tool is quite traumatic. The basic rules for using the grinder are:
- hold the tool firmly so that it does not fall out of the hands, does not bounce off the material being processed;
- install only those grinding wheels for the diameter of which the angle grinder is designed;
- make sure that the network cable does not fall under the rotating disk;
- stand as steadily on your feet to avoid loss of balance;
- turn on the sander only if the user is completely ready to work;
- replace the attachments only when the angle grinder is turned off and unplugged;
- be sure to turn off the unit after performing this or that work, do not move around the room or room with the tool turned on;
- after turning off the angle grinder, turn on the blocking of accidental pressing of the “start” button, if the model provides such a function.
Professional angle grinders are designed for continuous operation in difficult conditions of construction sites and production halls. Equipped with engines of increased power and increased service life.
Added options for overheating and jamming protection. Possibility of speed regulation, smooth start-up and maintaining constant characteristics at variable load.
Bosch PWS 1000-125 CE
- Electric motor power. 1 kW.
- Disk rotation speed. up to 11500 rpm.
- Disc diameter. up to 125 mm.
- Weight. 2.1 kg.
Medium power tool, suitable for home use. Includes a plastic case. Cons: average ergonomics. the body is too thick.
BORT BWS-500-P. angle grinder for country and home
Compact, lightweight tool for working in your own garage, home or garden area. Moderately powerful engine and high revs allow you to work with all types of metal, composite materials, plastic and wood.
The release button is fixed for continuous operation. The protective cover is installed and fixed without the use of additional equipment. Operated with 115 mm disc.
- Complete set, quick mastering of the angle grinder.
- Optimal for garage and summer cottages and in other places.
- Lightweight and compact, easy to handle.
- Handle without rubber coating.
- Through, mind you, a small button, it is inconvenient to turn on with gloves.
TOP 10 best variable speed angle grinder of customer choice
Interskol angle grinder-115/900. angle grinder for part-time jobs
Simple in design, professional tool. Supplied with discs with a diameter of 115 mm. Equipped with a latching floating switch. This provides a more comfortable working experience.
It will allow, when working on the site, to clean and remove the old coating. Removes rust. Will grind or polish the surface. Cuts to size pipes, fittings.
- Simple, no frills or pretensions tool.
- When cutting concrete, easily overcomes reinforcement.
- Convenient for on-site part-time jobs.
- Spare parts problem.
- Wouldn’t hurt to adjust the speed.
SPETS-BSHU-850 SPETS-1504. power and ergonomics
household angle grinder with 125 mm disc. Equipped with a powerful electric motor. The body is made in a comfortable ergonomic design that allows you to fit comfortably and securely in your hand. Differs in extended motor life.
There is a spindle blocking against rotation when replacing the grinding equipment. Suitable for cutting operations, grinding and polishing work.
- Reliable and powerful engine, excellent rpm.
- Very comfortable to hold in hand due to the small diameter of the case.
- Acceptable price.
- Save on bearing and gear lubrication.
- Longer cord required.
How to choose an angle grinder for your home?
Instrument power type
The capacity of the battery or fuel tank: the volume of the tank is 700-1500 ml, the capacity of the battery is 2.0-4.0 A / h. Such characteristics will give a spindle speed of ≤ 11000 rpm, as well as an increase in the operating time of the grinder.
Caliber 125/955. simple and practical
Inexpensive angle grinder for basic operations: cutting metal workpieces and parts, deburring, blunting sharp edges, grinding and surface deburring.
It is used for home repairs, your own garage or cottage. The possibility of independent and quick change of brushes is provided due to the well-thought-out mechanism. Standard disc 125 mm.
- Convenient, practical, does everything.
- Low cost.
- Power, compact dimensions.
- Sharp start, almost with a jerk.
- The cable is short.
Interskol USHM 125 1100E BULGARKA 125, REVIEW. I’ve worked the tool know.
The soft start system reduces the load on the motor and increases the life of the motor and gearbox. Such a soft start system protects gearbox assemblies and parts from sharp impacts and disc biting in the material being processed.
Angle grinder Sturm AG9012TE Review | With my own eyes
Ryobi EAG600RS is a very lightweight tool
Well-built, compact and very lightweight professional series instrument. Equipped with an unpretentious, moderately powerful electric motor with good motor life. Overheating protection provided by effective ventilation.
AEG WS 13-125 XE / SXE (125 mm angle grinder ) / Which angle grinder should I choose? / 4935451410
Low weight allows work with outstretched arms in a vertical plane, including under the ceiling. Equipped with a standard 115 mm disc.
- Compact and lightweight angle grinder. Convenient to work at height and with one hand.
- Optimal cord length, does not hinder movement.
- High-quality assembly, high-speed.
- Tight button, poorly fixed.
Professional series tool for metal and metal products. Cuts grooves in concrete and brick, Divides tiles and porcelain stoneware. With interchangeable accessories, grinds, peels and grinds, polishes surfaces.
Supplied with 125 mm disc. Protection against fragments and fire sparks is provided. Supplied with diamond disc included.
- Reliability, quality, endurance.
- Can be operated with one hand.
- Performs all work in the home workshop.
- The plastic cord dubs in the cold.
- Limited in power.