Choosing a screwdriver: for home and for work
The difference between screwdrivers for home and for work is in power and functionality. Accordingly, they have different tasks.
- With the help of household models, you can change the lock, hang a mirror or assemble furniture. They are designed to tighten bolts, screws and screws. Designed for short-term operation.
- Professional screwdrivers, in addition to twisting, are equipped with the function of drilling hard surfaces. They are hardy: able to work non-stop for eight hours five days a week.
Select screwdrivers in two ways.
The power of battery models depends on the operating voltage of the battery. It varies from 1.2 to 36 V.
- For simple work, 3-6 V (Volt) is enough.
- For screwing into a wooden beam, plastic and drywall, optimally 10-15 V.
- For drilling solid materials. at least 18 V.
The more power, the more functionality a screwdriver has. Powerful models are heavier than their "brothers".
Tool performance is directly related to the operation of the torque (force). The more powerful it is, the stronger you will tighten the screw or drill a hole deeper.
For homework, three power screwdrivers are chosen.
- powerful: torque 30-40 Nm (Newton meters) and above. Professional models are equipped with a torque of up to 130 Nm. In addition to twisting, they are equipped with the function of drilling hard surfaces.
- Normal: with effort up to 20 Nm. Easy to unscrew / tighten the bolts and screws on drywall and plastic.
- Just to twist Is a cordless screwdriver. Its torque is about 10 Newton meters. Suitable for working with small fasteners: repair children’s toys or tighten loosely clamped furniture bolts.
Video: How to Choose a Home Power Drill
In most screwdrivers, the maximum torque is regulated using a limiter. a digital division ring, located behind the cartridge. You can set the optimum force to tighten the screw. The more divisions the limiter has, the more accurately you can meter the torque element.
Sparky BUR2 10.8Li-C HD: 20 steps of torque adjustment drilling
Separate division is provided to determine drilling coverage. Therefore, the rotation speed in screwdrivers is designated in two ranges:
- at low unscrew the screws. It ranges from 400 to 800 rpm.
- on high drill. In professional models, the rotation speed reaches 1300 rpm.
How fast the tool discharges depends on the battery. And if the question has become an edge: "How to choose a cordless screwdriver?". it is worth sorting out the types of batteries.
- Li-ion (lithium-ion). they have the highest power and, compared to other batteries, the largest number of charges. up to three thousand times. They are lightweight, charge quickly and have no memory effect. To increase battery life, do not charge / discharge it to the end, keep it half charged. The downside is one:
- It works intermittently in the cold.