How to remove a carburetor from a chainsaw
Before adjusting, you need to remove it from the Stihl chainsaw. For this you need:
- Return the retainer to the left to remove the cover.
- Remove the filter, for which Unscrew the two nuts that hold it. For ease of use, it is recommended to use special screwdrivers with suitable bits.
- Remove all rods, including the carburetor lever.
- Remove the carburetor and then disconnect the fuel hose.
It is recommended to remember the location of the parts, so that you can then put the carburetor in place and at the same time there are NO extra fasteners or distortions and cracks.
How to setup
Stihl 180 chainsaw carburetor adjustment is carried out in order to improve performance and fuel economy.
To adjust with your own hands you need:
- Clean the fuel system, including the tank, from residues of a mixture of gasoline and oil. Purge air duct and filters.
- The carburetor of the chainsaw is adjusted using bolts H, L and S. Bolt H controls the jet, provides maximum speed. The L bolt performs the same function but provides minimum RPM. The S screw is responsible for the accuracy of the idle speed. Perform this procedure with the engine off.
- You need to adjust the carburetor on the chainsaw by setting the corresponding angles of rotation of the first two bolts. Baseline values can be set as follows. Turn the first two bolts slowly in the clockwise direction, after the stop go back two turns.
- Turn on the engine and adjust the ignition on the Stihl chainsaw and its carburetor completely. To do this, find the highest idle speed by turning bolt L in different directions. After this maximum is found, the bolt must be returned a quarter of a stroke. In the event that the chain starts to move, the engine must be stopped.
- Carry out a technical check. In particular, it is necessary to determine the maximum number of revolutions, check the acceleration and stability of the engine at idle, as well as the compliance of these parameters with the basic values in the instructions. The quality of the mixture to be checked must be the Highest.
How to clean
In the event that the chainsaw stalls at idle, it is necessary to disassemble the part and clean it. First of all, this applies to cleaning the additional filter. This detail is a mesh. To get to it, you need:
- Remove the largest cover.
- Remove the membrane that is located under the cover.
- Clean the mesh in the recess. This must be done with extreme caution, as the mesh may fall out. Use copper wires for cleaning. Additionally, you need to rinse and blow through all channels. The last procedure is necessary if gasoline is NOT supplied to the carburetor.
What you need to know about adjusting the carburetor of the Stihl chainsaw (Stihl)
You cannot do without a chainsaw in your household. Therefore, you need to know the rules of use and maintenance. This primarily concerns the performance of the carburetor. The efficiency of the chainsaw depends on this detail. Therefore, the Stihl chainsaw carburetor must be adjusted on time in compliance with the technology. If you have knowledge and little experience, you can do it yourself.
Device and principle of operation
Before starting the adjustment, it is recommended to study in advance the device of the chainsaw carburetor. Most often, it does NOT depend on the model, the only exceptions are Chinese-made chainsaws. But you can always spy on the instructions.
It is important that the proportions are observed, otherwise there is a risk of engine failure, which may be manifested by excessive fuel consumption or a complete stop of the device.
The main parts of a gasoline saw carburetor are:
- Tube. performs the function of air transfer, portioned supply is possible due to the presence of a damper;
- Diffuser. this part is located directly in the inlet, through which fuel is supplied, capable of accelerating the air flow;
- The sprayer is capable of injecting gasoline into the created air stream;
- The float chamber is a cavity that serves to maintain the fuel at the same level, from which gasoline is fed through a nozzle to the sprayer.
The principle of operation of a chainsaw carburetor is simple. Its structure allows air to pass through the tube, while the speed can be controlled by a damper. After the tube is open, the float is activated. This causes the air to pass through the diffuser and mix with the fuel. Then this mixture moves into the cylinder. Due to the difference in pressure (in the chamber with the float, it is almost equal to atmospheric, and in the tube it is rarefied), the fuel is sucked into the tube, and the more there is, the greater the speed of the chainsaw engine.
Malfunctions and repairs
The carburetor of the Stihl 180 chainsaw requires both initial and periodic adjustment. You can find out about its need by the following signs:
- Problems with the engine, for example, It does not start or stalls immediately after starting work. The most common prerequisite is the use of a poor-quality fuel mixture.
- Fuel consumption and increased emissions. Exhaust gases increase due to incomplete combustion of the fuel. Most often, this problem can arise due to oversaturation with fuel.
Other breakdowns may also occur, such as clogging due to damaged air filter or scale formation. The reasons may be associated with the fact that during a long idle period, gasoline remains in the fuel tank. This is due to the fact that the fuel is exhaled, which spoils the device.
Regardless of the reason, carburetor repair will be required, which most often comes down to adjustment. The method for performing this procedure depends on the model of the chainsaw, but you can adhere to general principles.
Adjusting your carburetor regularly can improve the efficiency of your chainsaw and reduce fuel costs. At the same time, it is recommended to strictly follow the technology or entrust the work to specialists.
# Spoiler # end_spoiler