- How to start a trimmer motor or lawn mowers?
- Start lawn mowing for the first time or after a long downtime
- Add fuel through the holes for the candles
- Ignition System Check
- Engine cleaning
- Spark Arrester Integrity Check
- Unstable carburetor operation
- Fuel tank drain
How to start a trimmer is a question that owners are puzzled in case of a device breakdown. And after successful repair of the trimmer, the owner tries to avoid a repeat of the same situation.
The reason the trimmer fails may be:
- tank overflow;
- excessive pumping of fuel into engines equipped with a manual supercharger;
- wear in the motor of valves, cylinders, nozzles, cam followers and other moving parts;
- the tanks run out of gasoline and / or oil;
- out of order spark plugs;
- clogged fuel or air filters;
- misregistered or burned valves in the motor.
How to start a trimmer motor or lawn mowers?
The new trimmer is simple in commissioning.
- Check the motor type of the device. Trimmers are equipped with a 2- or 4-stroke motor.
- Buy oil for this type of motor. Gasoline for trimmer. AI-92/93/98, sold at all gas stations.
- Mix oil with gasoline. Mineral oil is mixed in a ratio of 1: 34 with gasoline, synthetics. in 1: 50. Follow the recommendations of the manufacturer of the trimmer for the viscosity of the oil (see the label on the flask). Most often used multigrade oil 5W-30. Do not use unchecked motor oils.
- Pour a small amount (e.g. 0.5 liters) of the resulting fuel into the tank.
- Close the air damper by sliding the desired lever (see instructions).
- Turn the ignition key (or handle) to the “on” position. without this the trimmer will not start. Beginners often make this mistake.
- Pump some fuel into the carburetor. if there is a manual “rocking chair” with a separate button or lever (see instructions). It takes 4-7 clicks.
- Set the trimmer on a flat surface.
- Gently pull the starter cord until you feel it is braking. Then pull it out sharply, but not completely. Repeat this movement up to 4 times.
- If the engine does not start, open the air damper again, otherwise the candles will fill with gasoline with further cord movements. Perform 2-3 attempts to start the engine with the handbrake open.
- If the engine still does not start, close the shutter and make a few more attempts to start it.
- After starting the engine, press the throttle lever to engage idle.
Start lawn mowing for the first time or after a long downtime
lawn mowing differs from the trimmer in that the cutter for the grass is not a fishing line, but a mechanical gearbox or a winch based on gears, equipped with a knife. The knife drive is much more powerful than the forestry mechanism. a powerful lawn mowing is also used when cutting bushes. Both Chinese and European lawn mowers are no different when the declared power is real.
To lubricate the gears of the gearbox, lithol or solid oil is used. After checking the gearbox, prepare for operation the motor itself. according to the above instructions. If the start failed, the problem is already in the engine.
Add fuel through the holes for the candles
If there is no manual pumping on the trimmer motor and the device does not start up, pour some fuel into the motor itself through the spark plugs. Do the following.
- Check if the fuel level in the tank is sufficient to drain a small amount. Only 20 ml will be required.
- Remove the cap from the candle and unscrew it with a candle key.
- If the candle is dirty on a used trimmer, rinse and bake it. There should be no deposits on the electrode electrodes. Do not damage the ceramic insulator of the center conductor. In the new trimmer, check the candles for a factory defect.
- Return the spark plug back and check the spark ignition (discharge between the electrodes) when the starter fires.
- Remove the candle again. Using a 20- or 50-cc syringe, pour 20 ml of gasoline into the hole from under the candle.
- Insert and fix the candle, setting the value of its technological gap of not less than and no more than a millimeter.
- Pump up fuel with the swap button (or lever). if it is on your trimmer model. Press the button every 4 seconds.
Now try to start the engine. Close the air damper immediately after starting.
Depending on the variety of trimmers, they can be filled with a fuel mixture or separately with gasoline and oil. Now there is a huge variety of types of motor oils that are suitable for various equipment, including garden. To choose the right fuel for a particular model of lawn mowers, you need to know its technical features and understand the brands of gasoline, as well as liquid lubricants. All details on how to dilute gasoline with trimmer oil are in the material below.
Features lawn mowing
Depending on the engine design, lawn mowers are divided into two-stroke and four-stroke. In the first case, the piston in the internal combustion engine makes 2 strokes in one working cycle, and in the second case. 4 strokes. Differences in the operating principle of the engine determine the different approaches to refueling the trimmer.
Video: How to Cook a Trimmer Gasoline Mixture
Two-stroke lawn mowing
In ordinary household models, the lawn mow is used, as a rule, a two-stroke engine. Lawn mowers do not need very high power and agility, so it is quite suitable for the fulfillment of tasks. In addition, this engine is much cheaper and simpler, but it is fueled with a fuel mixture that consists of oil and gasoline. Such fuel is poured into the carburetor and fed into the cylinder in the form of oil-gasoline fog. Thus, the oil provides lubrication of all necessary parts, and during the operation of the engine burns out along with gasoline. However, the combustion of this mixture is accompanied by the release of a pungent odor and smoke, which increases the toxicity of exhaust gases.
Four-stroke lawn mowing
Four-stroke engines are used in professional lawn mowers. They have great power and can work for a long time without a break and refueling. They are also used as fuel. gasoline and oil, but they are poured into different tanks. This means that the oil does not participate in the combustion process, so the exhaust gases are not so toxic.
Rules for choosing gasoline
Before buying fuel for your lawn mowing, you need to read the manufacturer’s instructions. It indicates the grades and brands of fuel that can be used for a specific trimmer model. In general, when choosing gasoline, you need to focus on the A-92 brand. A-95 is also suitable for refueling lawn mowers, although some experts do not recommend taking fuel with such an octane rating. This is due to the fact that at many gas stations, the composition of such gasoline includes various additives and solvents (for example, alcohol). It should be borne in mind that you can’t save money in this matter. in order to extend the life of the lawn mowers, you should choose only high-quality fuel from trusted suppliers.
Oil Selection Rules
Motor oil, depending on the chemical composition, can be:
- mineral. is made from petroleum distillates and is intended for low-power equipment with air cooling;
- semi-synthetic. is a mixture of mineral and synthetic oils and is suitable for 2T and 4T, as well as for air and liquid cooling;
- synthetic. made on the basis of esters and can be used in powerful technology, as well as for working in difficult climatic conditions.
Depending on the API classification, the following groups of oils for trim motors can be distinguished:
- TA. for low-power equipment with an engine capacity of up to 50 cm³ and air cooling;
- TV. for powerful equipment with an engine capacity of 50-200 cm³ and an air cooling system;
- TS. for powerful push-pull equipment (lawn mowers, chainsaws, lawn mowers, etc.) with an engine volume of 50-200 cm³;
- TD. for boat engines with liquid cooling.
To choose the optimal oil for a particular trimmer model, it is better to take into account the recommendations indicated in the instructions. For lawn mowing 2T API-TV and API-TC class oil is usually used.
Leading manufacturers of garden equipment themselves develop and produce oils for their equipment. Such lubricant compositions most fully satisfy all the technical and operational characteristics of a specific series of trimmers. For example, for Stihl (Stihl) FS 5 lawn mowers, it is best to use Stihl HP or Stihl HP SUPER oil, for Husqvarna 143R, Husqvarna HP or Husqvarna LS oil is suitable. But for the Patriot brand, the usual mineral oil M-8B is also suitable.
Rules for the preparation of the fuel mixture
For many beginners who have bought a lawn mower, the issue of diluting gasoline with oil to make a gas mixture becomes a problem. After all, you need to know the proportions and very carefully adhere to them. The instructions for the product usually indicate in what proportion to dilute the components: 1:25 or 1:32, or 1:40, or 1:50. This means that for 1 part of the oil, you need to take 25, 32, 40 or 50 parts of gasoline and mix them.
Of course, it is inconvenient to measure in such categories, therefore it is better to determine how much oil is needed per liter of gasoline using simple mathematical calculations. To do this, divide 1 liter, which is 1000 ml, into a known proportion. The following mixing table is obtained.
|Ratio||Gasoline (ml)||Oil (ml)|
Most often, mineral oils should be diluted in a ratio of 1:40, and synthetic brands should be diluted 1:50. Whereas for the budget Chinese lawn mowing the proportions are completely different. 1:32 or 1:25. This is due to the fact that in low-power models made in China, a different assembly is used, and the distance between the piston and the cylinder is much larger.
Further actions have this sequence.
- First, pour gasoline into the container (canister), and then add the required amount of oil. If you first pour the oil, then due to its greater density it will settle on the walls of the container and mix poorly.
- The next step. the contents of the canister should be thoroughly mixed by means of circular motions of the closed container.
- After dilution to homogeneity, the fuel must be poured into the fuel tank of the lawn mowers.
detailed and visual instructions can be seen in the video.
The consequences of refueling with incorrect proportions
When diluting fuels and lubricants, it is very important to observe the ratio recommended by the manufacturer of the lawn mowers. If there is not enough oil, then on the piston and cylinder seizures are formed, which sooner or later leads to a breakdown of the piston ring.
And when excessive oil coking of the piston ring occurs, as well as carbon deposits on the piston, spark plug, etc. All this leads to severe wear of the equipment and the need for constant cleaning.
Rules for pouring the mixture into different engines
All of the above is relevant for two-stroke engines. In the case of four-stroke engines, nothing needs to be diluted and mixed. gasoline is poured into the fuel tank, and oil is poured into the crankcase. It is important to know that in a lawn-mowing engine with a two-stroke engine, do not add oil intended for a four-stroke engine or for a liquid cooling system. Otherwise, the entire piston system will be disabled or severe overheating will occur.
Rules for storing the mixture
The remaining unused fuel mixture needs a dark, dry corner where it can stay up to 2 months. In general, there are different opinions of experts on this subject:
- for mineral oils, the shelf life is 7-10 days, after which their lubricating properties are lost;
- for semi-synthetic and synthetic brands there is evidence that they are stored from 30 days to 2 months.
After a longer period, it is recommended to change the fuel to a fresher and newer one.
So, the process was described in detail above, how to properly build a gas mixture for two-stroke engines of lawn mowers. To avoid damage to the trimmer as a result of insufficient oil or frequent cleaning and unstable operation due to excess lubricant composition, carefully read the instructions for use of the lawn mowers and carefully follow it.
The best lawn mowers
Husqvarna 128R trimmer on Yandex Market
Makita EBH341U trimmer on Yandex Market
Huter GGT-2500S trimmer on Yandex Market
Trimmer Carver Promo PBC-33 on Yandex Market
Trimmer PATRIOT PT 3355 on Yandex Market