How to cut plastic corners on slopes
When repairing work in the premises baseboards play a decorative role, are the finishing touches of design. They are also designed to cover joint imperfections between different surfaces. Proper gluing of ceiling and floor skirting is an easy task, but responsible. In this regard, especially critical becomes a question of installation.
The photo shows the joining of baseboards in the inner corner of the room.
Floor plinth is represented by a very wide range of products:
- Foamed PVC, plastic, produced with cable channels for wiring and in their absence.
- Of wood, made of different species of wood, solid or otherwise laminated; Installation of a wooden baseboard is no different from the installation of plastic fillets.
- Iron, iron and dural, with cable channels and flat.
Included with plastic or iron products are different connections and terminations, which simply perform the installation. That’s why there is never really a question of how to cut plastic baseboards at the junction. Made of wood are deprived of such connecting parts. They need to be notched for a perfect fit.
Basically. Of wood baseboards before installation should be kept about the room to which they are provided for more than a day. Just like any wooden product, it must adapt to temperature and humidity.
Let’s see how the process of trimming.
How To Cut Quarter Rounds For A 90 Degree Angle
To connect the slats when bypassing corners is a question of how to cut the skirting at 45 degrees? This is done painfully simple, but it is better to have a special device called a plier.
STRIPPING 5min.How to glue a plastic corner on the slopes, outer corners of the walls. Plastic Angle Video
Not decisive, professional tools made of metal or more ordinary versions of plastic or wooden tools you buy, they will help to perform this work in artisanal conditions without excessive worry.
In this case, the cost of professional device is justified, if you have to frequently engage in such work. For small volumes you can be limited to more ordinary and cheap variations.
Principle. The height of the walls at the fixture should overlap the height of the trimmed strip to get an even cut.
Fixture for sawing molded products, arrows show the technological slots for work in accordance with the annotation.
- prepare two pieces of the river for the joint;
- Take the first piece, put into the unit from right to left so that he was on the reason, as the floor and leaned against the far wall of the device from us, as the wall;
- sawing the product from the left end, passing the saw through the hole number 1;
- The second section is inserted into the device from left to right, exactly adhering to the orientation of the floor and wall;
- we saw it from the right end, passing the saw through the slots number 3.5.
- Prepare two pieces of skirting board for the joint;
- Take the first piece and insert it into the tool from the right to the left so that it lies on the base. as on the floor and leaning against the far wall of the tool as against the wall;
- Saw it to the left end, passing the saw through the hole number 5;
- The 2-nd piece put into the tool from left to right, exactly adhering to the orientation of the floor and wall;
- Let’s saw it from the right end by passing the saw through the slots at number 1.
Tip. At the junction along the walls is better to cut the slats at 45 degrees, after such a connection is completed, the junction will be virtually imperceptible. The laths to be trimmed are inserted in the tool from 2 sides, as if leaning against the wall, the trimming is done through one technological gap. Initially undercut one, then push it towards the 2nd, the 1st moved away from the gap, and cut through the 2nd.
How to glue plastic corners on slopes
We’ve learned how to cut a skirting board. as you can see it’s not that difficult process.
The ceiling fillets for cutting are applied to the side of the tool closest to the person working.
Let’s consider at this point how to cut the skirting boards ceiling, in what is fundamentally different from the process of trimming floor products.
The main rule that must be understood is that the ceiling tacks are applied to cut the side of the jigsaw that is closest to the person working with the child. At the same time, the side of the skirting board that is supposed to lie on the ceiling will be on the base of the tool.
A perfectly executed manufactured trimmed ceiling molding.
Annotation on cutting the inner corners of the ceiling plinth:
- Prepare two pieces of skirting boards for docking;
- Take the 1st piece, turn it over and put it into the jig from the right to the left so that it rests on the base of the jig as on the ceiling and leaned against the wall of the unit closest to our site as against the wall;
- We sawed the batten from the left end, passing the saw through the slots number 2.4;
- Put the 2nd piece into the mortise from the left to the right, following the orientation;
- Sawing it from the right end, through the slots at number 1.
- Prepare two pieces of tacks for joining;
- Take the 1st piece, put it in the tool from right to left so that it was on the base of the machine, like the ceiling and leaning against the nearest to our country, as the wall of the tool;
- we saw it from the left end, through the slots number 1;
- Put the 2nd piece in the jig from the left to the right, keeping exactly the orientation;
- Cut it at the right end, through the hole number 3.5.
How I glued plastic corners to the wall and windows.
The process of trimming baseboards to go around interior and exterior corners in a room is simple, but asks for clarity in execution. In the following video you can find additional information on this topic.
The classic way of undercutting
Before you properly trim ceiling plinth, let’s deal with the tools. Certainly, the cleanest and most accurate cuts are made with a sliding-frame mitre saw.
The angle of this tool can be set at any angle, both vertically and horizontally. A fine-toothed disc, rotating at high RPM ensures a clean cut.
You can qualitatively cut any material, from Styrofoam to metal, with a crosscut saw. But this is a semi-professional tool and its price is quite solid.
There is often no sense in buying such a serious machine at home. It’s much easier to buy a plastic or wood saw and a metal saw.
The crosscutters are one of the oldest joinery tools in the world. It is a peculiar U-shaped box, on the side walls of which vertical slits are made.
These slots act as guides for the hacksaw blade. As a result the cut on the skirting board is at a certain angle.
A 90º and 45º slotted tool is adequate for one-off jobs.
Tip: a professional plinth with regulation of the angle of cut and control of the saw blade makes sense to buy only if there is a large amount of work in non-standard rooms. This is a highly specialized tool, and is rarely used for domestic work.
Adjustable jigsaw with holders for hacksaws.
- Now let’s understand how to cut ceiling plinths with a wire cutter with his hands. Do not forget that the ceiling filing is based on two adjacent surfaces of the corner, and therefore cut it must be in that position, otherwise the junction will turn into a groove or gap;
- Before you cut the ceiling plinth in the corner, determine what edge the fillet will border the ceiling. It is this edge that will lie on the bottom of the jigsaw;
- Then you fix the bar tightly, resting it on the bottom and side of the tool, and then carefully cut the part at 45º with a right angle;
- Accordingly, the adjacent part of the skirting board should be installed in the same way, but perform the cut with a left-hand slant;
- The cutting tool is chosen according to the material of the skirting board itself. For foam plastic or polyurethane a sharp carpenter’s knife is enough. Rigid PVC or wood should be cut only with a metal saw;
- Interior and exterior corners are cut in the same way. Here the main thing, before you cut the ceiling plinth in the inner corner, double-check the correctness of the marking several times. After all, for the inner corner, the top edge of the fillet is shorter than the bottom, and vice versa for the outer corner. For clarity, we show a scheme of such trimming.
Before trimming ceiling plinth in the corners, it is necessary to understand the way of forming corners and joints.
- Chisel. In essence, it is an ordinary conductor with rails, tapered at right angles, 45 and 22.5 degrees. It is enough to correctly place the molding and cut it according to the template. Then the angle will be even, without skewing. However, cheap models have a poor fitting slope, so the ideal 45 oh there are difficult to find.
- The sheet with a protractor. If you do not have a jig, and you do not want to buy it, take an ordinary piece of paper. Run a straight line. it will be used to expose the molding. Now use a protractor to draw a point on the sheet where the slope from the mowing line is 45 o.
The main problems begin when the molding has an ornament. Just like with wallpaper, it is repetitive and needs to be caught in the right place. To do this, bring a mirror to the point of the cut and see if it extends further. If not. the place needs to be relocated.
How to cut a 45-degree angle correctly
Sometimes you need to trim a particular piece or product at a certain angle. As a rule, you need to trim baguettes, moldings, casings, baseboards and other similar interior elements at a 45-degree angle. Everyone can cope with this task. The main thing is not to rush, not to be nervous, and everything will work out.
Buy Prefabricated Corner Elements
Of course, the easiest way not to bother with trimming a particular part, and buy ready-made, not in need of processing and trimming. Such parts and elements are now sold everywhere in large supermarkets or smaller stores.
For example, as for the baguette or fillets, they are sold special corner elements that fit perfectly into the corner and do not need to be trimmed. You just have to glue them in place and press them down well.
Plastic corners to protect the corners of walls: varieties and installation
A huge number of materials are used for interior decoration. They all differ in their appearance, their properties and their performance characteristics. No matter what material you work with, beautiful corner framing is still a real challenge. Even materials such as ceramic tiles need protection, let alone putty surfaces. A careless blow can easily damage these places, after which the appearance of the entire repair loses its luster. Today we will talk about plastic corners to protect the corners of the walls, learn all about installation and their varieties.