Flexible glass, transparent tablecloth
Flexible glass. Made of polyvinyl chloride (PVC), a heat-resistant, waterproof material. Has a strong, dense base, has plasticity and transparency. The material thickness varies from 1 to 3 mm. Available in rolls of different lengths.
Flexible glass is already invented and actively used. Modern technology makes it possible not only to digitalize society, but also to introduce innovations into the economic part of life. New material compositions are being invented, which improve the quality of reproduced goods and increase people’s comfort. Soft flexible glass began to be used in the economic sphere, replacing them with tablecloths and protecting tables from mechanical damage. We are going to tell you about this modern know-how.
- Before using the film, wipe its surface with a moist cloth.
- Place the film with the edges curled underneath. No additional fastening required.
- When laid on a glass, glossy or polished surface, air gaps may form under the film. To avoid this effect, it is recommended to put under the film sisal cloth, which can be purchased in flower stores, picking up the color you want.For glass and plastic surfaces:Try smoothing the air cavities under the foil with the palm of your hand or a damp cloth and first moisten the surface with water or a mild soap solution.
- Your film has been cut to a surplus, i.e.к. Within 1-1,5 months the stretching occurs by 2-4 cm per meter. This trimming is a one time operation.Tape designed for surfaces longer than 1.5 meters can have a longer stretching time of up to two months.
- Trim the film to the final size by yourself when the cut is in its final position, not earlier than one month after laying it on the surface.
Firmly fix the film on the surface. Draw the line behind the table outline so that when you cut it, no ink is left on the foil.
It is preferable to use a green pen, t.к. it washes off better.
Using a box cutter, carefully cut the excess foil along the pre-marked outline. Use a cutting board to protect the surface. It is convenient to use a ruler when cutting in straight line.
How to lay a silicone tablecloth
Silicone is a polymer that has been actively used in industry, medicine, agriculture, etc. for more than half a century.д. This flexible plastic, but durable material is also convenient to use as a tablecloth.
Many owners of cafes and restaurants choose this coating on the table. Transparent silicone sheet does not hide the texture of the table, especially it is important for wooden furniture. At the same time it protects the surface from damage. The advantages of silicone tablecloths are:
- Durability. They can last for years without losing their appearance, becoming cloudy or maintaining their glossy luster. Manufacturers claim a shelf life of 50 years.
- Easy to use. The table is easy to clean with a normal sponge. dirt and liquids are not absorbed by the smooth surface of the material.
- No sliding. Despite the external smoothness, silicone adheres firmly to the surface, and objects that are placed on it, as if sticking. This is especially relevant if the visitors of the cafe are children.
- Does not rustle and muffles the ringing of dishes.
- Does not crumple. The material takes the original form quickly, and it is possible to leave the crease on it only through a prolonged mechanical action.
- Safe. Silicone does not react chemically with other substances, that is why it is so often used for tableware and in medicine.
- Heat resistant. You can even place a hot dish on such a tablecloth and spill liquids over it; it will leave absolutely no trace. Generally speaking, silicone can withstand temperature changes from.200 to 200 degrees. Because of this property, baking molds are so popular.
As a rule the thickness of such a tablecloth is 2 mm. Available in transparent or patterned versions. The latter option will add aesthetics to any table.
Silicone can be easily cut, so there will be no problems with adjustment of the tablecloth to the table form and size.
Silicone is also unaffected by acids, alkalis, salts, alcohol. It can cover any surface and do not worry about its safety and appearance.
There are not many, but they are there. First of all it is unstable to direct fire. If your visitors smoke at the table, you will surely leave cigarette stains on the tablecloth.
The second disadvantage. silicone can be cut with a knife. So make sure that nothing is cut on it by the staff.
And the last disadvantage. if this tablecloth is not placed correctly, then it will have bloating. To avoid this, use a spray gun to spray the table surface, and then lay the material. Smooth it out properly.
For catering establishments, especially with high attendance, silicone tablecloths will be indispensable. It protects the table from damage, it looks aesthetically pleasing. Under it, you can put a regular dressy material or choose at once with a pattern. A wooden cabinet will look great without it.
In spite of its rather high price in comparison with other products. it is an excellent choice for general decoration of a hall, which will serve long and with benefit.
The table is an important detail in the interior of the apartment or home. Such a purchase is made with the expectation not for one year, carefully selecting the surface of the furniture under the color scheme of the room. To protect the coating from external influences the table is usually covered with a tablecloth or colored oilcloth. Transparent film on the table. a new modern way to keep a perfect surface.
How to put down flexible glass properly
Flexible glass is a modern and reliable coating that perfectly protects furniture from pesky cracks, scratches and ingrained stains. Especially nice is the fact that the list of its advantages is complemented by the fact of easy laying. If you are wondering how to put flexible glass on the table and if you can do it yourself, then be sure that you can do it without much effort. The peculiarities of flexible glass are dictated by the scope of its application and domestic needs:
- Hygienic. complies with sanitary and epidemiological standards.
- Universal. Ideal not only for glass countertops, but also for surfaces made of plastic, natural and artificial stone.
- Prolongs the life of furniture, saving the budget.
- Safety of the material for the household. you can not scratch, does not emit toxic substances.
- Wide range and option to choose thickness.
- The ability to decorate with textiles.
How to put a flexible glass on the table correctly, so that the result of operation justified all expectations? Krekerdecor brand gives a number of tips:
High level of elasticity of the film provides the ability to transport it as a roll in an additional wrapper. To retrieve:
- Carefully remove the wrapping;
- gently grip the edge of the tape;
- Do not pull it sharply toward you;
- Remove the rest of the film;
- dust the tablecloth off.
How to put soft glass on the table, the surface of which can be stone, metal, wood? Laying the material is done as follows:
- put the film on the table;
- Move it carefully away from the center of the tabletop, pressing it down evenly in order to avoid air bubbles;
- Wipe the laid flexible glass with a damp microfiber cloth;
To cut a flexible tablecloth to fit the dimensions, prepare the tools: ruler, pen, office knife, wide cutting board or a wooden table for household needs. Next, simply measure the tabletop, cut the material and spread it out in the usual way.
Please note that using sharp objects when unpacking the flexible glass is strictly prohibited!
How to take care of the product?
It is very easy to clean the product from contamination, but remember that metal scrapers and brushes with hard bristles are not suitable, and you should refuse aggressive and abrasive detergents. Use a sponge or cloth soaked in water or liquid soap. Have a nice operation!
Review: Hoff tablecloth “flexible glass. Great purchase, but there are minuses to be aware of
Now I often come across advertisements for flexible glass. But a lot of negative reviews, including here on Otzovik. Many positive Комментарии и мнения владельцев.
I was afraid to buy it in the online store, I was in a furniture and household goods hypermarket “Hoff” and saw this tablecloth there. Been there, done that! Bought! It is sold in the kitchen furniture department. For the largest size 180×100 cm. The smaller sizes are cheaper, but they sell out faster. The smallest tablecloths were out of stock.
Oval/Circle Fletcher Glass Cutter
By the way, while I was there walking around with a roll and looking at the products, I was approached twice by men (!I bought it on the internet (I think that’s what I bought? There’s flexible glass here?
I understand that the flexible glass is now in fashion, but many believe that you can only buy it on the Internet.
Now more about expectation and reality, pros and cons.
So there are three sizes available at the store. I took the biggest one, 180×100 cm. Since I figured I could cut it and the tablecloth would be enough for the kitchen table and chest of drawers.
The tablecloth can be cut with a construction knife or a knife, scissors. The tablecloth is 1 mm thick.
Since the tablecloth is very tightly rolled up in a roll tightly put it at once can not. It’s all bent out of shape. In the photo, you can see it’s rising off the table.
After watching the video on the Internet with the bullet gun. decided to do it again. But we didn’t realize that the video is for glass tables, and we have a regular one.
Wet. Laying. We got the bubbles out, but the edges are still coming off. Pressed everything with books. It’s been twenty-four hours. The edges are still coming off.
Took the tablecloth off. Wiped it all dry and turned it upside down (so that the edges were not wrapped up, but down). The tablecloth has already lain and is good!
It’s great, I’d say. completely transparent, easy to clean, sufficiently dense.
Moving on to the cons. The tablecloth does have an odor. But it was gone in about three days.
After about two weeks, the tablecloth shrank in length. That’s what I understood from the reviews. it’s a common occurrence and it’s a pity it doesn’t say a word about it on the package! I think it’s a very big oversight on the part of the manufacturer. Why do I have to look up reviews and instructions on how to lay a tablecloth?? How to cut it? There’s something to indicate: can be easily cut with a construction knife or scissors to the size you want. Don’t rush to cut the final size. Can shrink in length by about 1 cm per meter in two weeks. All!
And there’s one more drawback. The tablecloth will look very good on the dresser, it also looks very good on the kitchen table. But! if you put a hot plate on it. the plate will still have a circle on it. The flexible glass is kind of printed at this point.
That’s why we use extra hot padding.
In other respects. Of course flexible glass is much more attractive than the usual tablecloths, oilcloths, and so on. You can see the texture of the table. The table doesn’t scratch. You can lay a tablecloth with a beautiful cloth and put a flexible glass tablecloth on top. That’s what we do when we have guests over. But you still need to put something under the hot tableware. Then the flexible glass will please you for a long time. Well, unfortunately, there are no eternal things.
Review: Tablecloth Silikonka “Soft glass. It’s a great alternative to oilcloth or tablecloths
Tablecloths do not cost that cheap to change them every month, and they lose their appearance very quickly. Drawing rubs off and loses brightness in a couple of weeks, surely someone will cut it with a knife, from hot spoils too.
The table in my kitchen is beautiful, it’s real wood. And I don’t want to hide it, I want to protect it, but I want to be able to see it. к. it fits into the headset perfectly, in my opinion.
And I found a solution to my problem. The tablecloth is made of silicone, or soft glass, as they call it. I don’t think it’s really silicone or glass, I think it’s just the texture of speech. It’s a covering for the table, quite thick, a few millimeters.
It doesn’t conceal the table, but rather it enhances its beauty and protects it. Which is exactly what I was looking for.
I really like the tablecloth. Although the word tablecloth doesn’t really fit either. I don’t even know what to call it. It is more correct to say the tablecloth.It’s made of a very nice, thick material. Lays on the table thoroughly, doesn’t budge. My son was cutting a loaf, which he got))), but only scratched. The scratch is almost invisible. There was no smell from the beginning or after a month.I liked this tablecloth so much that I bought and for the table in the dining room, but only with a pattern.
With a pattern in quality exactly the same. It’s thick, but it’s flexible.
On the downside, I’d say it shrank a bit over time. When buying the table I cut it exactly to the edge of the table, and then I regretted not leaving a little reserve.
I like the table top. We’ve been using it for six months now and it looks as good as new. Except for this disadvantage. A friend, looking at my place, also bought it. But she did consider that the tablecloth would shrink a little. And she now has it laying perfectly on the table. With clear conscience I can recommend to purchase.
Transparent film on the table soft glass is a modern solution
The table is an important detail in the interior of the apartment or house. Such a purchase is made with the expectation of not one year, carefully selecting the surface of the furniture under the color scheme of the room. To protect the coating from external influences the table is usually covered with a tablecloth or colored oilcloth. Transparent table film. a new modern way to preserve the perfect surface.
Transparent soft glass tablecloth: properties, composition, sizes, shapes, pros and cons
Tablecloths or oilcloths have always been used to protect tabletops. However, experience has shown that they can be very impractical. However, progress does not stand still, and for modern hostesses there is an alternative. a transparent or translucent tablecloth made of “soft glass”. It is not only very practical but also universal and can be used for any interior.
It is a modern, practical and original tablecloth.
The tablecloth “soft glass” is a thin (2 mm) smooth coating with a transparent or frosted surface. It is very elastic and does not produce wrinkles, curls, folds.
The material is not afraid of moisture, ultraviolet light, high temperatures and household chemicals.
How to lay a film on a glass table
There are no special problems with laying, especially if you follow the instructions and follow all the instructions carefully.
- Fitting a glass tablecloth to the required size, but sometimes this may not be necessary.
- Dust, traces of moisture, dirt, etc. must be removed from the countertop.
- It is necessary to lay the foil on the table with the underside.
- After that it is required to press it to the tabletop, making movements from the center to the edge of the table. This way the air trapped under the foil will be blown out.
- If there are still bubbles, the film can be sprinkled with water and repeat the manipulation.