Self-made miter box
- you will need 3 boards. They are fixed in the form of a U-shaped box, on the walls of which the necessary markings are applied. Cuts for a hacksaw or a knife are cut out along it;
- the lightweight version will help you get the job done neatly and effortlessly. Two thin strips are connected with nails in the shape of an angle. Sections are drawn on the sheet in the required proportions. The template is superimposed on the corner, the plinth is cut according to the markings;
- use of improvised items. Take everything that has corners. chairs, boxes, tables, against the wall close.
Advice! Measure the blanks for the inner part from the extreme point. When marking the outside, take into account its protrusion into the room equal to the width.
How to properly cut a ceiling plinth without a miter box
The marking of the corners of the skirting board joint can be done “in place” on the ceiling, and then the question of at what angle to cut the skirting board does not arise. over, it is possible to properly cut the fillet without a miter box, however, to obtain corners without gaps, you need to work very carefully and accurately.
How Pros Cut Molding Inside Corners
In this case, the design of the inner corner, the sequence of actions is as follows:
- We put the plinth in place of its installation and draw the fishing line along the edge of the fillet on the ceiling at the joining point. We carry out the markup with a pencil with a short, non-greasy line.
- We carry out a similar procedure on the second side of the corner and we get the intersection of two lines.
- Now we transfer the marking of the obtained point to both plinths. At the same time, it makes no sense to mark the cutting line, since it will not work for sure to apply it on an uneven surface, and pencil marks will remain on the part after trimming.
- We place the skirting board on a wooden support in working position. For this, it is convenient to use a second plank, installed with an edge on the base. We look at the place of the cut perpendicularly from above and cut off the fillet, focusing on the mark and the opposite edge of the plinth.
- Trying on the cut skirting boards in the corner. Pencil marks can be erased with a rubber band.
The outside corner is marked differently. The skirting board is applied to the installation site and the corner mowing line is marked on the wall at its lower edge. Then a fillet cut is applied to the second edge of the corner, and a mark is made on the upper edge of the workpiece at the point of contact of the two profiles. The markings are transferred from the inside of the skirting board to the outside, and cutting is performed.
Note that in this case, pencil marks remain on the ceiling, which are not always easy to remove. In addition, when cutting out each corner, the marking operation must be done in place. It will probably be easier to work with a 45 ° cross pattern on the cutting stand.
The workpiece can now be placed on the base and cut using the template. By the way, the layout of the template can be done taking into account the deviations of the corners in the room and get joints without gaps.
In order for the edges of the skirting boards to align with the corner point without gaps, an error must be warned. Fillets should be cut with a margin of about 10-15 cm and tried on on a dry surface. Excess needs to be marked and trimmed at a 90-degree slope.
To understand how to cut out the corner located outside or inside on the ceiling plinth without mistakes and evenly with your own hands, joining the parts will help. After the initial cutting, you will need to position the parts on the ceiling and check their edges.
After the rough joining of the fillets, glue is applied, screwed in with self-tapping screws and the seams are sealed with a putty mixture.
How to trim the corner of a ceiling plinth using ceiling markings
This method is considered the most reliable and accurate because it allows the ceiling plinth to be cut evenly. He has only one drawback. it is inconvenient to hold the workpiece. But when applying the plinth to the future destination, all the errors in size and inaccuracies are visible. This makes it possible to take into account all errors at once.
First, 2 slats are cut straight. Apply one of them so that its butt rests against the counter wall. They draw a line along the contour on the ceiling. Remove the product. Then the same actions are performed with the skirting board in the opposite direction. The overlap of the lines is the mark where the workpiece needs to be cut off. Both products are applied to the wall again. On each, a mark is made for the upcoming cut. A straight line is drawn from this point to the other end of the bar. The skirting boards are cut according to the markings, joined, and installed in the attachment point. The method allows for neat processing of inner corners.
HOW I ROLL CORNERS
What tools will be needed
Before trimming the skirting board, you need to choose the most suitable tool for this. The device is chosen based on what material is the basis of the decorative element. You can make the right choice by following several basic rules:
- PVC skirting board. Fragile and inelastic material. Cannot restore the original view when pressed. Do not apply pressure when cutting. It is preferable to cut with a hacksaw for metal or with a knife, it is recommended to choose a construction option. You can also use a thin, sharp blade.
- Foam products are slightly stronger than their PVC counterparts. But they are also considered fragile. The main problem is the tendency to crumbling. Experts recommend using the same materials when cutting them as for the first products.
- Wooden ones are considered expensive, but the price is justified by the high quality. To cut a corner, you need to prepare a hacksaw for wood. Some people use metal-directional tools, but this leads to clogging of the teeth with chips.
A Simple Trick to Install Baseboard Corners Perfectly
If you do not know how to cut a corner on a ceiling plinth, check out the basic techniques and find the best algorithm.
Form and parameters of fillets
Depending on the design, you can choose an embossed or smooth element. It is recommended to focus on the height of the room:
- in rooms with ceilings up to 2.75 m, plinths with a width of 45 mm are appropriate;
- for small rooms, a narrow fillet up to 45 mm is suitable;
- in large spaces, curly products up to 250 mm wide look beautiful.
The direct method of joining ceiling skirting boards always involves the process of cutting them.