How to dilute
In order for the saw to last for a long time, only high-quality fuel must be used. You can dilute the fuel mixture yourself. To do this, you need two components: A-92 or A-95 gasoline and a special two-stroke oil. If everything is clear with the fuel, then questions may arise about the choice of lubricant.
The proportions in the gasoline / oil mixture are very important. For tools up to 1.5 kW, the ratio of lubricant to gasoline is 1:40, for more powerful tools. 1:30 and 1:20. For exact proportions, see the instructions for the tool.
The mixture should be diluted in a dry metal or antistatic plastic container. Conventional plastic containers are not recommended for this purpose, as the resulting static electricity can ignite the fuel. The absence of moisture on the container is a very important and fundamental condition.
After adding the components of the mixture, close the container tightly and shake the contents well to obtain a homogeneous mixture. Fuel prepared in the correct ratio should be consumed within a month. Longer storage leads to oxidation of the composition, which makes it unsuitable for refueling in a chainsaw tank. If fuel remains in the tank after work, it should be drained.
How to thin your chainsaw gasoline
The chainsaw is an indispensable assistant for owners of summer cottages and private houses. With its help, you can not only prepare firewood for the bath and barbecue, but also put the garden in order. Having decided to build a wooden structure on the site, you must purchase this practical tool. The choice of the saw must be taken seriously, as well as the observance of the rules for its operation. this way the tool will last as long as possible. And for this you need to know how to dilute gasoline for a chainsaw.
Engine power system
As you can see in the photo, the fuel system consists of the following elements:
- Fuel tank;
- Fuel filter that prevents foreign particles from entering the system;
- Fuel pre-priming pump.
Chainsaws with a power of 2 kW have a fuel tank that holds about 500 ml of fuel. With this amount of gasoline, they can operate at full power for about 30 minutes, since the consumption is 1.2 l / h. The smaller the tank volume, the less time the saw will work on one tank filling. The oil tank must be filled with the fuel tank. Oil is poured there to lubricate the saw mechanism.
Tool manufacturers STIHL, Husqvarna, Partner, Champion produce special lubricants for saws that contain impurities that allow them to stay on the chain for a long time. The cost of the proprietary mixture is quite high, so the owners, wanting to save money, use ordinary engine oil instead. Maybe this is not a very good option, but there are no particular negative consequences of such a replacement. The disadvantage can be considered a more significant expense, but comparing the cost, the disadvantage seems to be insignificant.
When comparing the consumption of the fuel and oil tanks, the production of lubricant does not occur as quickly as that of fuel. When the gasoline runs out, very little content should remain in the oil tank. This indicates a properly adjusted system. Any deviations signal that it is necessary to check the operation of the engine and carburetor and, if necessary, carry out repairs and replacement of parts.
Dilute the fuel mixture and refill the tank before starting the saw. To visually control the fuel level, the walls of the fuel tank are made translucent. Thanks to this, the owner sees that it is time to fill the tank. This must be done carefully so that the fuel mixture does not spill. There is no need to fill the tank to the edge, let there be some free space.
A domestic saw, such as Druzhba or Ural, can be filled with a mixture containing A-76 gasoline. But for imported ones (Partner, Husqvarna, STIHL, Champion), you need to use only 92 brands. Shake the mixture before filling the fuel tank.
Filling the fuel tank
To avoid unpleasant surprises, you must follow the rules for refueling the fuel tank, namely:
- Do not fill the tank near an open flame, do not smoke near the saw;
- Tank filling openings must face upward, clean and dry;
- The tank caps must be unscrewed carefully so that the remaining fuel does not spill;
- It is convenient to fill the tank with a combustible mixture using a funnel. Both oil and gasoline should be filled slowly and carefully;
- After refueling, screw the caps all the way down and fix. This will protect against accidental unscrewing;
- The tank should be checked for leaks each time. If it leaks, working with the saw is dangerous and strictly prohibited;
- Do not start the saw directly at the refueling point. Need to step back a few meters.
You can find out how to fill the tank correctly by watching the video.
Compliance with the operating rules makes working with a chainsaw as safe as possible, be it Druzhba, Ural or foreign-made tools. By listening to the recommendations of this article, you can extend the life of the tool and save on repairs.
How to properly dilute gasoline with chainsaw oil
The correct ratio of oil to gasoline is not a guarantee of a good mixture. It is important to choose quality ingredients, and in relation to the latter, pay attention to the following requirements:
- in it, ethanol (aka gasohol) is not recommended above a value of 10%, and MTBE (which is methyl butylether) is up to 15%;
- gasoline should be homogeneous, without inclusions and cloudy sediment;
- additives, alternative fuel. use is strictly prohibited;
- octane number, it is, the detonation resistance of the component. not less than 92.
If we talk about oil, then only a specially designed liquid should be used in the preparation of the mixture, otherwise, any device of the mechanism may fail, in most cases the needle bearing of the connecting rod. Using a branded oil designed for a specific chainsaw (you can find out about this from the information on its label), you will ensure high-quality performance and durability of the mechanism.
So, the following rules on how to dilute gasoline with chainsaw oil:
- use measuring cups, clean dry containers and graduated bottles;
- mixing should take place in a separate container, but in no case in the tank of the chainsaw;
- pour gasoline into the container, and after it there is oil, stirring the total mixture. Otherwise, the oil sticks and lingers on the walls of the vessel and interacts poorly with gasoline;
- the lubricant label indicates in what ratio the product must be mixed with gasoline to refuel the chainsaw. Popular proportions: 1:33; 1:40; 1:50. The ratios 1:15, 1:20 are less common; 1:25; Feel free to use a twenty-cube syringe when measuring oil;
- adhere to the rules of how to dilute the main fuel with oil. it is necessary for full-fledged work and your benefit, since an excess of the latter will lead to unnecessary expenses, and its lack will provoke overheating of the system;
- waste fluids are categorically unacceptable for two-stroke engines. Their use leads to premature wear and breakdown of individual parts;
- it is important not only to properly dilute gasoline with oil, but also to mix a certain portion, which is supposed to be produced in one working day. Weigh that the fuel in the chainsaw cannot stay for a long time, and the octane number is also decreasing.
How to dilute gasoline for a chainsaw
The specifics of the functioning of a two-stroke engine, namely, this is located in a chainsaw, is distinguished by the need to include oil in the main fuel, gasoline, for the full operation of the entire system. Different units and the motors themselves, as well as the characteristics of liquids, suggest a different dosage, which is why we propose in this article to consider the procedure: how to dilute gasoline for a chainsaw.
How to mix your own fuel for STIHL chainsaws & equipment
To a large extent, the proportions of lubricant relative to fuel depend on the manufacturer. STIHL, Makkaloch, Husqvarna or domestic brands, but also on the running-in of the mechanism, its operating power. We will tell you about all the nuances related to the question: in what proportion to correctly form the fuel mixture, and if you do it correctly, you will be able to avoid many troubles in the operation of the chainsaw.
We dilute gasoline on our own together with the specialists of “Kosi Kosa
So, you already know how to dilute gasoline for a chainsaw, but in order to do everything perfectly, you need to allocate a secluded place for this procedure, clean containers and appropriate liquids: oil for two-stroke engines, clean high-quality gasoline. What kind of oil to dilute is a private matter for everyone, it is important that it be just a motor, not a chain one. You also need to take into account that this fluid should be designed specifically for two-stroke engines.
If you own a STIHL, Partner chainsaw or an example of a domestic brand. remember the break-in moment if you use a new unit. Correctly diluted fuel will be one of the main criteria for long-term successful operation. And even if you have forgotten, or have doubts about the components, it is necessary to dilute gasoline with oil in a timely manner and competently, not forgetting to read the instructions once again. How much each ingredient is needed. you can always find out from the labels of the fuel products purchased from us. The shop of gasoline-powered tools “Kosi Kosa” is always happy to offer a quality product, service and advice on the competent operation of the lawn mower.
The main component of the fuel mixture for chainsaw engines is gasoline with an octane number of at least 92. Consumables with expired storage, made on the basis of gas condensate, which have water and mechanical impurities in their volume, are not suitable for the preparation of fuel.
- The opinions of experts on the use of gasoline of different brands are ambiguous. On the one hand, the incomplete compliance of domestic gasoline A-92 with European standards is recognized.
- On the other hand, the quality of A-95 gasoline is questioned due to the high content of anti-knock additives. It is possible to use this fuel for the preparation of fuel for a chainsaw only with full confidence in its quality.
- The difficulty lies in the presence of various improving additives, with the help of which unscrupulous manufacturers and distributors increase the performance properties of motor gasoline with a lower octane index.
Also, irreversible changes in the working properties of the fuel occur when it is stored for a sufficiently long time in a plastic container, regardless of the level of its petrol and oil resistance.
Stricter criteria for the selection of the oil component. In the best variant, it is a mineral or semi-synthetic engine oil recommended by the manufacturer, intended for operation in high-speed two-stroke air-cooled internal combustion engines.
The advantage of mineral oils is their lower cost. Their more expensive semi-synthetic and synthetic counterparts are distinguished by improved performance and compliance with environmental standards.
- maintain working properties in a wide range of operating temperatures;
- do not form carbon deposits;
- contain detergents, antioxidants, preservatives and other additives useful for the operation of the power unit.
A large assortment allows you to choose oil that fully corresponds to the class and characteristics of the chainsaw, the conditions of its subsequent operation.
- For budget models, you can use oils of the Standard category, for professional chainsaws, consumable lubricants of the Super and Ultra categories are recommended.
- To prepare a full-fledged fuel mixture for a chainsaw, it is advisable to use branded oils or their branded counterparts recommended by the operating instructions. In particular, STIHL and Husqvarna engine oils of the same composition and application are completely interchangeable.
Experts recommend that owners of chainsaws exclude from the scope of attention motor oils intended for two-stroke engines of mopeds, boat motors and other mechanized household appliances.
The power units of this equipment operate in more comfortable conditions, which makes the requirements for their operational characteristics less stringent.
Benefits of branded oils
Many domestic and foreign manufacturers specialize in the production of special motor oils, but the highest rating indicators are for branded products from STIHL, Husqvarna and Makita.
Only in certain parameters are the domestic motor oils of the Lukoil trademark inferior to the branded assortment.
The list of advantages of branded engine oils includes:
- economical consumption;
- stability of performance under difficult operating conditions and during long-term storage;
- minimum amount of toxic compounds in exhaust gases;
- almost complete absence of carbon deposits.
Correct Way To Mix Gas and Oil For a ChainSaw, WeedEater etc.
According to the American classification, API-TB oils can be used for work in household and professional models. The Japanese counterpart is JASO-FB and JASO FD. Preparation of a combustible mixture using oil for 4-stroke engines is strictly excluded.
Red, green or any other color of oil determines the product belonging to the assortment of a certain manufacturer, therefore, when determining the characteristics of the material, it is not taken into account. Be extremely careful when choosing a motor oil of unknown composition and origin.
Until you receive additional information about the quality and operational parameters, it is better to temporarily refuse to use such material.
It is allowed to mix motor oils of the same type in composition and purpose, produced by brands known for the quality of their assortment. Under no circumstances is it allowed to mix mineral and synthetic oils.
Features of preparation and storage of the fuel mixture
Safety regulations prescribe to dilute gasoline and oil in a metal canister. This eliminates the risk of static electricity and fuel ignition.
Experts advise to pour oil into an incomplete container, mix thoroughly, and then top up with clean gasoline to the specified level. Saving working time by preparing the working mixture directly in the gas tank of the chainsaw should be excluded from everyday practice.
This technology is fraught with fuel system failures due to the ingress of a large amount of oil into the carburetor, the need for disassembly and thorough flushing.
The ratio of gasoline to chainsaw oil
Household and professional chainsaws are powered by two-stroke internal combustion engines operating on a metered mixture of gasoline and engine oil adapted to the difficult operating conditions. The correct proportions of oil and gasoline for a chainsaw is one of the important conditions for stable traction characteristics of the engine and low-cost development of its assigned resource.
The need to obtain a sufficiently high power from a small-cube power unit makes it necessary to operate chainsaw engines at high-speed modes, therefore, increased requirements are imposed on the quality of both components of the fuel mixture.
To maintain the correct proportion of gasoline and oil, the calculation table printed on the saw body can be used. Branded containers of leading manufacturers of motor oils are equipped with built-in measuring devices that ensure accurate dosage of oil for different volumes of fuel mixture.
Volumetric utensils are included in the factory set of many models of budget-category chainsaws. In some cases, a 20 cm3 medical syringe will help to dilute gasoline with oil in a given proportion.