How to repair a construction hairdryer. all kinds of breakdowns and fixing them
Construction or industrial hair dryer. this is not at all a mandatory tool for the home craftsman, but its presence allows you to implement a number of complex works. Such work includes the removal of paint coating, separation of two parts glued with sealant (car headlights), as well as the heating of materials in the car de-noising. With frequent and improper use, the tool can fail, so let’s find out in detail what is the repair of a construction hairdryer, how to find a breakdown and fix it with minimal cost.
How to Disassemble a Hair Dryer
Parts of the hair dryer body are fastened to each other with screws (screws) and special latches. Screw heads often have a non-standard shape: star, plus, fork. So you may need the appropriate screwdriver bits. Snaps, in turn, sometimes very difficult to disconnect, and even experienced craftsmen sometimes just break them off. Sometimes the holes for fixing screws are covered with stickers, plastic covers or plastic plugs. Remove plugs with a sharp object like a knife or needle. There is a high probability that the body and the plugs will be slightly crumpled. But this does not make the hair dryer any worse. Sometimes the halves of the body are glued together. In that case you have to cut them with a knife or scalpel and glue them after the repair (for example, with epoxy glue).
You can see an example of how to disassemble a hair dryer here
How to disassemble a Bosch hair straightener?
Help me disassemble, in theory under the cap should be a bolt, but the cap does not want to come off, even if you apply force (and not a bad one).
One cover is removable, there is a screw under it, you can unscrew it and pull out the second cap
Why do you think there is a screw?? this device is all on the latch if my vision does not change it seems to see a recess under the upper pliers near the ceramics there is a screwdriver, unscrew it and probably the other side is the same and then gently pull apart along the seam under the edge of a thin, preferably wide flat screwdriver and usually disassemble with a blunt scalpel
You’re right, there’s a bolt under the cap.
I put some effort in and no, there’s no bolt under the cap. It’s the same on the other side.
1.Remove one of the covers (in my case it was the right cover of the Bosch PHC2520/01) 2.Unscrew the screw under the cover, you need a special tool for this 3.Push out the sleeve and the rectifier splits into two parts 4.Remove by prying under the plastic ring on the power connector with a blunt scalpel or similar. 5.9 Remove (just by hand) the lid from the power connector. 6.Disconnect power cable from plug. 7.Using the same tool we unscrew the screw on the spring half. Lift the lid, which has 6 pawls and remove it. 8.Remove the spring. 9.Inside the spring is a bushing (small cylindrical, I fell out and rolled under the couch) 10.Unscrew the screw on the other half of the rectifier. 11.Pull the lid off and remove it with 6 more clips. 12.Then according to the situation. In my case, the outermost contact of the sliding power switch is burned out. Fortunately, in my case it is symmetrical about the center pin (like SS-6 1P2T), and I just unsoldered and flipped it on the board. / / / / / / / / / / / / / / /
How to disassemble and repair a hair dryer on examples of different models
Every Roventa hair dryer has basic components. Without them it will not perform its functions. The design includes nodes and parts that help to perform the drying of hair of absolutely any length. And models that have the ION badge give the best possible hair styling.
Although each model has different switches, the external appearance, nevertheless they operate in the same way regardless of this. According to experts, the most difficult part of the device is the thyristor, therefore, you can make the repair yourself without any problems.
Repair should begin with a simple inspection of the device, that is, conducting diagnostics. Algorithm:
- Everything begins with a socket. Look: Is there any burning of the contacts or are they loose. If you notice any faults, it is necessary to clean or tighten. Make sure the plug fits in the contacts with some effort.
- Next comes the power wire. Diagnosis should be made in the place where it enters the handle of the device. Here you can find the contact block. From there to the plug itself should be inspected for insulation damage or fractures.
- Most often, the disassembly of this device begins with the disassembly of the housing. The body structure is made of two halves, connected with screws, and in front of the nozzle with specially designed latches. It is necessary to disassemble carefully, because these latches can be broken. There are also screws, which are hidden by stickers, plastic inserts and removable covers.
Important! Almost all models of Roventa have the same appearance, their disassembly is carried out in the same way as a standard hair dryer. However, the hair dryer comb is disassembled a little differently because of some design features.
That is why it is necessary to read the instruction manual before disassembling.
- Fan. Before this element there is a protective grid and filter, which are obstacles to hair ingress into the hair dryer. Very often this protection grid can get clogged with hair, so it needs to be cleaned. Cleaning is done with a small brush.
- Electric motor. If this element is not functioning properly, then the entire unit will be malfunctioning. The causes of incorrect operation of the electric motor can be: a breakdown of the winding or burnout of the diode bridge. After disassembly, the rubbing parts of the electric motor must be lubricated. It is also important to carry out a tightening of the problem areas, this can be done manually.
- Coil. Almost all models have several spirals, which help to carry out the various heating modes of air. They can be restored by soldering. Defects can be seen immediately and without problems. In some cases, it is possible to replace coils components made of nichrome filament. They also have similar characteristics.
- Microcircuits. There are types of failure. For example, the base, made of gethinax, can crack. When this occurs, the tin track breaks. The areas that are damaged can be tinned, and then you need to perform a coating using solder. Another problem. bloated capacitors. You just have to install new capacitors. There is also the possibility of faulty resistors. They become dark. It is important to simply replace them.
Attention! It is important to know how to use a soldering iron to repair a hair dryer. If you do not have such skills, it is better to turn to professionals, who will repair the hair dryer without problems. If you still decided to repair your hair dryer with your own hands, read our article.
Repair of devices from Rowenta, Philips, Ionic, Remington, Dewal and others has its own difficulties, especially for those who are not educated in this. As they have regulators of smooth action, the spirals are made of specially designed alloys. If you need to connect them, then you are unlikely to be able to do it reliably.
Before disassembling this apparatus, you need to find the electrical circuit diagram of the device. If you could not find the manual, you can consult with a specialist. Remember a simple truth. it is not difficult to disassemble any device, it is much more difficult to reassemble everything.
How to disassemble and repair a hair dryer using different models as examples
Any hair dryer Roventa has in the construction of the basic components. Without them, it will not perform its functions. The design includes nodes and parts that help to perform drying of hair of absolutely any length. And models that have the ION sign, give the opportunity to conduct the best hair styling.
Although each model has different switches, the external appearance, nevertheless, they work in the same way regardless. According to experts, the most difficult part of the device is a thyristor, therefore, you can make repairs yourself without problems.
Repair should begin with a simple inspection of the device, that is, conducting diagnostics. Algorithm:
- It all starts with the socket. Look: is there any burning of the contacts or are they loose. If you notice any malfunctions, it is necessary to clean or tighten. Make sure that the plug can fit in the pins with some effort.
- The power cable is next. It should be diagnosed at the place where it enters the handle of the device. Here you can find the contact strip. From there to the plug it should be inspected for damaged or broken insulation.
- Most often, the dismantling of this device begins with the disassembly of the housing. The casing structure is made of two halves, joined by screws, and at the front of the nozzle by specially designed latches. Be careful with the disassembly as these pawls can be broken. There are also screws that are hidden by stickers, plastic inserts and removable covers.
Important! Almost all Roventa models have the same appearance, their disassembly is carried out in the same way as a standard hair dryer. However, the hair dryer comb is disassembled in a slightly different way due to some design features.
Therefore, before disassembling, be sure to read the instructions.
- Fan. Before this element there is a protective grid and filter, which are obstacles to hair ingress into the hair dryer. Very often a hair can clog this protective grid, so it must be cleaned. Cleaning is done with a small brush.
- The electric motor. If this element does not function properly, then the entire device will be malfunctioning. The causes of incorrect operation of the electric motor can be: breakdown of the winding or burning diode bridge. After the disassembly it is necessary to lubricate the rubbing parts of the electric motor. It is also important to carry out tightening of the problem areas, you can do it manually.
- Spiral. Almost all models have several spirals, which help to carry out the various modes of heating the air. They can be repaired by soldering. Defects can be noticed immediately without any problems. In some cases, it is possible to carry out the replacement of spirals components made of nichrome filament. They also have similar characteristics.
- Microcircuits. There are types of failure. For example, a base made of gethinax can crack. At the same time there is a breakage of the tin track. The areas that are damaged can be tinned, and then it is necessary to perform a coating using solder. Another problem is the bloating of the capacitors. You just need to install new capacitors. There is also the possibility of faulty resistors. They become dark. It is important to simply replace them.
Warning! To repair the hair dryer it is important to know how to use a soldering iron. If you do not have such skills, it is better to turn to specialists, who will repair the hair dryer without problems. If you still decided to repair your hair dryer with your own hands, read our article.
Repair devices from Rowenta, Philips, Ionic, Remington, Dewal and others have their own difficulties, especially for those who are not educated in this. As they have regulators of smooth action, the spirals are made of specially designed alloys. If they need to be connected, you are unlikely to be able to do it reliably.
Before you disassemble this apparatus, it is necessary to find the circuit diagram of the device. If you can not find the manual, you can consult with a specialist. Remember a simple truth. to disassemble any device is not difficult, much harder to reassemble everything.
- Lack of power;
- The fan does not spin properly;
- Smell of smoke and the appearance of sparks;
- The air is not heated;
- Faulty radio components.
Often, the breakdown of the hair dryer can be the lack of power. What it has to do with?
First of all with the condition of the power cord. Consequently, if it heats up during operation or you find it has creases and swellings, you need to take a few simple steps:
- First you need to find the damaged area and cut it out;
- The second is to solder the cable ends;
- Thirdly it is necessary not to forget about the safety. So after soldering you need to wrap this area with duct tape;
Also the lack of power can be due to bad contacts inside the case. To do this, you will need to:
- Disassemble the case;
- Next, use a voltage indicator to check the power contacts of the hair dryer
- If you find bad contacts inside the body, they need to be cleaned with sandpaper;
In most cases these actions are enough to make the device work again.
You can see more about this breakdown in this https://www.YouTube.com/watch?v=xgg5jaiIDZo
A typical inspection procedure
If the device shows no signs of life, works unstable, the inspection begins with the power circuit. Below is a schematic description of Rowenta hair dryer repair.
Warning! The described types of work require skills in handling electrical appliances. The authors disclaim responsibility for any injury, property damage that may occur when trying to follow the above recommendations for repairing hair dryers.
Inspection of the power cord begins with the socket. there is a part of the problem: no voltage. the hair dryer does not work. If the voltage is present in the socket, examination of the cord begins with a place of entrance to the body, go in the direction of the plug. Work is performed on a de-energized device. There is a visual search for kinks and irregularities. burns, insulation damage, fractures.
Then the body of the hair dryer is disassembled. Inside you have a chance to see the variants of electrical resistance:
The non-detachable connection
The last item on the list characterizes the non-detachable connection, so it is an archaic case for testing. Skilful hands, or rather, clever heads, the Ukrainian brothers on reason advise to use an ordinary needle for repair of a hair dryer. Immediately catching the train of thought will skip the next paragraph, directly begin testing.
Repair of the hair dryer with his own hands begins ringing wiring. A Chinese tester, light bulb, indicator will do. A needle is attached to one terminal, which is then inserted into the power cord in the area of the cap through the insulation to the copper. The second terminal feels the legs of the plug. Call goes for both cores. Over 1 piercing per vein when repairing a hair dryer is not worth it (some will try to look for the breaking point), because the nature of the operation involves getting wet from wet hair.
Even a child can test the wire, having before his eyes a visually distinguishable junction. If damage is found, it is advisable to buy a new cord equipped with a non-disassembled plug. The possibility of moisture imposes restrictions on the choice of insulation of current-conducting parts used to repair the hair dryer.
Common cases: The first glance reveals the place of damage to the cord inlet in the housing. Spalls, carbon deposits, black insulation indicate the location of the fault.
A vulnerable wiring point is at the joint with the hair dryer body. The mistress takes the delicate appliance by the cord, winds it from side to side, twists the cable on the handle. The cracked wire sparks, the insulation warms, burns, the copper melts. This is the mechanism by which copper cores are damaged.
Circuit breaker and switch
When updating, it is useful to short-circuit the switch, check: will the hair dryer in response to the uncomplicated step change the behavior drastically. Three-position switches are encountered, each short-circuited position is checked separately. Memorize, sketch the original wiring layout before beginning to repair the hair dryer.
Checking speed, temperature switches uses similar circuitry.
Examine any defective part that is discovered during the hair dryer repair process. Remove the soot with a file, emery board, or eraser. Contacts are wiped with alcohol. Defective components are replaced with equivalents. Radical method. short-circuit the power button while searching for the appropriate accessories.
The air duct on a hair dryer is comparatively often clogged. Need to remove the filter, if available, and thoroughly clean. Remove dust from the crevices with a soft brush.
Lack of rotation of the blades or low revolutions are often observed when the hair is wound on the motor axis. It is necessary to carefully remove the propeller from the shaft, avoiding unnecessary efforts and misalignment. After this the foreign objects are removed.
A hair dryer usually has more than one heating element. Visually, they must all look homogeneous. Be sure of this when repairing a hair dryer by opening up the case. Detected breaks can be repaired by twisting the ends, soldering, and tinning. It is also possible to get thin copper tubes and crimp the ends of the torn spiral inside.
Defects of heating elements at repair observe visually. A careful inspection will tell you how to repair your hair dryer. Effective substitution of spirals with similar bought or homemade products made of nichrome wire.
The electric hair dryer motor can be powered by both DC and AC. If the diode bridge is burned out, the winding is damaged, normal operation is impaired. Terrible crackling and sparks when switching on indicate motor malfunction.
Motor windings are soldered out when repairing a hair dryer from the electric circuit. At each wire find a pair that rings. The leads are connected in threes, not one should be hanging in the air. Replacing the winding when repairing a hair dryer is only made in the workshop. However, folk craftsmen are not worse than machines. Willing to try.
How to open and repair hair dryer hair blow dryer
If the windings are serviceable, the brushes are inspected, the copper surface underneath is cleaned, and the tightness of the fit is evaluated.
The axis must turn freely. When repairing the hair dryer does not hurt to lubricate the rubbing surfaces, manually work up the problem areas.
The gethinax backing sometimes cracks, tearing the track. Tin the damaged area, lightly solder it.
Spoiled capacitors swell slightly. The top edge of the cylinder contains shallow slots, when the product breaks, the sidewall is inflated, bending outward. Replace such a capacitor first if a characteristic defect is detected.
Burned out resistors turn dark. Some remain functional, it is desirable to replace such a radio element.
Some hair dryers are self regulating. The effect is achieved by using a resistive divider, one arm of which is an element that reacts to the temperature. Further actions are defined by the scheme of realization of the parameter control. We have a recommendation:
There is a big chance of failure, if the device is trained to react only to a fixed resistance value. It remains to find a circuit diagram on the Internet or draw it yourself.
It would seem that there is nothing new and incomprehensible for us in how to observe the basic rules of safety when working with electrical appliances. But repairing even such a compact device as a hair dryer on your own will require you to be careful. And it has everything to do with electricity:
- Get to work only if you have the skills to work with electricity. If you don’t have one, it’s best to leave it to the professionals.
- Be sure to disconnect the appliance from the mains beforehand. Use an indicator screwdriver or multimeter in your work to check.
Bosch PHA 2661 Hairdryer User Manual
How to use our OnlineManuals instruction site.Our aim is to give you fast access to the instructions for the Bosch PHA 2661 hair dryer. With the online viewer, you can quickly browse through the contents of the manual and find a solution to your Bosch PHA 2661 hair dryer problem.
For your convenience If leafing through the Bosch PHA 2661 hair dryer user manual directly on the website is not very convenient for you, there are two possible solutions:
Viewing in full screen mode. To easily view the user manual (without downloading it to your computer), you can use full-screen viewing mode. To view the Bosch PHA 2661 hair dryer user manual in full screen, use the “Open in Pdf-viewer” button. Downloading to your computer. You can also download the Bosch PHA 2661 Hair Dryer User Manual to your computer and save it to your files.
Many people prefer to read a document in hard copy rather than on a screen. The option to print the user manual has also been provided on our website, and you can use it by clicking on the “print” icon in Pdf-viewer. You don’t need to print the entire Bosch PHA 2661 manual, you can just select the pages you want.