Repair of brushcutter with their own hands Repair of lawn mower with their own hands. step by step instructions for disassembly and assembly (80 photos)
Modern technology and machinery allow to produce the best and optimal technical solutions, which become effective assistants in the arrangement of a country or homestead plot. Green lawns and other plantings can quickly proliferate, for tidying up the yard and mowing lawns uses a lawn mower, otherwise known as a brushcutter or trimmer, gasoline mower.
Traditional lawn mowers are inconvenient and unsafe, requiring a great deal of time and effort that can be spared by using lawn mowers that combine functionality and practicality. In the photo of chain saws you can see various high-tech devices, which are characterized by a set of performance characteristics, including such parameters as increased productivity and long service life.
A comfortable and reliable trimmer for grass is a technical device, consisting of individual mechanisms, parts and elements, which can wear out, fall into disrepair and be damaged during intensive use.
Even with regular inspections, maintenance procedures, and careful storage, such devices and their individual parts need to be repaired or even replaced, all repair procedures can be done by yourself.
Lawn mower design and common faults
The easiest way to give a lawnmower for repair, allocating a certain amount of money from the family budget, prompt and high-quality repair with their own hands is no less simple and convenient if you want to understand the design of the lawnmower and fix all the problems.
Mass and piece production of trimmers is based on the use of generally accepted technology, the typical design scheme consists of certain elements and parts, it is important to know them when carrying out independent repair work:
- upper part. The basis of the entire structure, where all the important elements are assembled, such as the starter, carburetor and lawnmower engine;
- middle part. Hollow rod, inside it there is a cable that connects the motor and the gearbox, which drives the cutting line for the trimmer. In this part, there are mounts for weight distribution of the entire structure and a belt for fixing the grass trimmer on the belt of the person using the grass trimmer for its intended purpose;
- bottom part. it has a gearbox and cutting elements, which are hidden under a practical cover to protect the user. The shroud provides an increased level of safety by preventing coarse debris, stones and glass from getting into the person while operating the brushcutter.
Knowing precisely the internal structure and the principle of operation of the grass trimmer, you can independently carry out repair measures for the structure or replace individual, failed nodes, using the repair manual.
The most widespread and frequent, subject to self-correcting breakdowns of the unit can be called the following problems:
- engine malfunction, due to which the lawnmower does not start and does not run;
- Increased vibration of the brushcutter’s boom, making it more difficult to use as intended
- increased overheating of the gearbox, its accelerated heating in the course of operation;
- slow and weak functioning of the cutting line at insufficient speed;
- clogging of the starter grid, causing the engine to overheat and fail to operate;
- rapid and frequent clogging of the carburetor due to the use of low-quality fuel;
- Air filter clogging due to failure to take care of the device.
All of these problems can lead to the fact that the device will lose its ability to work, before ordering the necessary spare parts for beznokosa should conduct a visual inspection and diagnosis of the device.
Particular attention requires individual parts and units of the device, to check them you do not need to go to a professional technician, a set of diagnostic measures will help your own hands to identify the consequence of the loss of performance.
Determining the causes of malfunction
If the grass trimmer engine does not start or stalls immediately after starting, if the gearbox overheats, or if extraneous noises are heard and vibration is clearly felt during the operation of the device, it is important to perform a visual inspection and identify a non-working unit.
To optimize preparatory measures before repair, you should conduct a simple diagnosis and check in stages:
- The presence of fuel in the tank and grease in the main nodes;
- the serviceability of the spark plug and its functionality;
- Cleanliness of the brushcutter’s fuel and air filter;
- clogging of the exhaust duct and breather of the device;
- the quality of fuel and lubricants used.
To determine if the spark plug is functional, it is necessary to determine if the spark plug works by testing the appearance of a spark when it comes into contact with the housing of the functional device.
Husqvarna Lawn Mower Tractor Brake Clutch Rattle Vibration Noise Forensic Analysis and Fix
The spark plug itself can be replaced by a new one, pre-drying the spark plug duct, if necessary, the old element is also dried, cleaned with special devices and returned to its place.
While inspecting the carburetor, it is worth paying attention to the possible leakage of the fuel used, to identify carburetor problems, the following activities should be carried out:
- Blowing the fuel hose to eliminate possible clogging of the element;
- Check and replace the gasket that is between the engine and carburetor;
- determining tightness and maintaining constant pressure in the unit.
the engine stops on the gas: causes and troubleshooting
The elimination of all the above causes comes down to:
Riding mower won’t move, fix it for 1???
- Cleaning the operating elements related to fluids or air;
- external inspection of the parts listed for malfunctions;
- replacing old parts with new ones.
To stabilize the operating stroke of your Husqvarna chain saw it is important to have the carburetor properly adjusted, even if you can do it at home.
Removing the crankshaft bearing
Now consider how to remove the crankshaft bearing. There are two options:
- To remove the part, you can make a hook with your own hands. For this you will need a piece of rod about 400 mm long and 6 to 8 mm in diameter, and a metal cylinder with a through hole that is larger in diameter than the rod.
- Step back 10mm from the edge of the rod and bend this small edge at a 90 degree angle;
- put the cylinder on the rod;
- Attach a piece to the other end of the rod so that the T-end is in place.
To remove the bearing, you need to insert the metal rod into its cage and hook the part with the manufactured bend. Tap on the T-end and with each tap turn the rod to pull out the desired part.
- If you don’t want to make a contraption or don’t have the proper materials, you can remove the bearing from the crankshaft with a bolt or metal cylinder with a diameter of 14.5 mm. fit the bolt and metal cylinder so they fit in the bore with a few extra diameters. not too loose and not too tight.
- to begin with you need to fill the space behind the bearing with solidol or other grease through a suitable hole;
- The cylinder or bolt is first inserted into the inner cage and then hammered in until it stops;
- Once the rod is fully in the hole, add more lubricant;
- The large amount of grease and rod pressure will cause the bearing to come out of the crankshaft socket.
- Antiwear additives that do not contain toxic lead;
- Solid oils with the presence of graphite or molybdenum disulfide (the latter is preferred because the oil is fully stored for a wide range of shaft speeds);
- Mineral oils only (inorganic)!) Highly refined oils.
Lithium-based oils Gear Grease OREGON or Champion EP-0, domestic formulations Oleo-Mas, Litol.24 or Azmol 158, as well as the oils recommended by the manufacturer of each model of grass trimmer fully meet these requirements.
How to Lubricate a Grass Trimmer Gearbox?
In the upper part of the body, where the gearbox is installed, there is a technological hole, which during the operation of the trimmer for grass is screwed. This screw is unscrewed, and 1.5. 2 ml of fat is injected into the hole with the nozzle on the tube. If the oil was purchased in a different package, a regular disposable medical syringe is also suitable for this operation.
After that the screw is put back in its former place. This procedure, regardless of the user’s recommendations, must be carried out every 10. 15 hours of operation of the grass trimmer in working mode. Other reasons for updating or changing the gear oil are minor repairs (e.g. cleaning and flushing the gearbox before the summer season), repairing the machine, saving the grass trimmer for the winter, etc. Д.
If the gearbox is disassembled, it is advisable to completely remove the remains of the pre-grease from the surface of the parts, even if there are no signs of oxidation or contamination. Only then apply new oil. After applying oil it is recommended that the shaft be turned several times by hand to ensure that the oil is evenly distributed throughout the gearbox.
When lubricating, special attention is paid to the following elements:
- flywheel: grass residues tend to adhere intensively to its surface, and thickened grass sap creates additional resistance.
- The dog’s starting coil, which is in constant contact with the grooves on the flywheel when the drive is turned on. In this case, not only mechanical wear but also mechanical and chemical corrosion of the flywheel-drum connection occurs, because the materials of this pair are different (flywheel. aluminum, steel dog).
- Bearings, if their seals are worn out and lubricated through them. In this case, the device begins to vibrate strongly under load. This happens with trimmers made in China, so in the future you should think about replacing the bearing unit with a more high-quality one, for example, from the Swedish company SKF.
Dismantling and repairing the bottom gearbox of brushcutter, grass trimmer
Oleg (Rowyn) dampness is a factory defect. overheating, stress on the iron blade, and no lubrication is the fault of the owner
Oleg (Rowyn) usually when heated the grease disperses to the edges and the gears turn dry. Many cases of dampness is simply. just licks the cogs and that’s it.
Oleg (Rowyn) I put blue grease in both my mowers from time to time with an ordinary medical syringe.
Oleg (Rowyn) take it apart to see what and how.and solve. Or you can buy a new one (if you have one).Or a new.
Ivan (Elie) I see. You have to buy a new one.
Michael (Givola) Bring grease to the consistency of sour cream, pour transmission car oil, and all the key!
Great (Aaltje) broke the one in the photo. exactly what’s broken
Vadim (Tzofia) How can a gearbox go down like that?? With my two gears it’s hard for me to figure out.I just changed the coil and that’s it.
Vasily (Ailill) need STIHL buy I have fs 55 13 years and fs 130 9 years no problems at all and a lot of mowing now can buy a 130 for 450
Vladimir (Barami) 130 with valves is not particularly reliable, we at work only 130 from repairs do not get out
Vasily (Ailill) I do not know, I have 130 for 9 years, no problems and a lot of work
How to properly grow tomatoes in a polycarbonate greenhouse
Yellowed leaves in cucumbers, what to do?
Lawn Mower Construction and Widespread Malfunctions
The easiest way to give a lawnmower in the repair, allocating a certain amount of money from the family budget, prompt and high-quality repair with their own hands is no less simple and convenient if you want to understand the design of lawnmowers and fix all the problems.
Mass and piece production of trimmers is based on the use of common technology, the typical design scheme consists of certain elements and parts, it is important to know them when carrying out independent repair work:
- upper part. The basis of the entire structure, where all the important elements are assembled, such as the starter, carburetor and lawnmower engine;
- center section. Hollowed boom, inside the boom is a rope that connects the engine and gearbox, which drives the trimmer’s cutting line. In this part there are mounts for weight distribution of the whole construction and a belt for fixation of the grass trimmer on the belt of a person who uses it as intended;
- lower part. It contains the gearbox and cutting elements, which are hidden under a practical cover that protects the user. The cover provides an increased level of safety by preventing large particles of debris, stones and glass from getting into the user while operating the chain saw.
Knowing precisely the internal structure and the principle of operation of the grass trimmer, you can independently carry out repair measures for the structure or replace individual, worn out components, using the instructions for repair.
The most common and common, subject to self-correcting machine breakdowns can be called the following problems:
- engine malfunction, due to which the lawnmower does not start and does not work;
- Increased vibration of the brushcutter bar, making it more difficult to use as intended;
- Increased overheating of the gearbox, its accelerated heating during operation;
- slow and weak functioning of the cutting line at insufficient RPM;
- clogging of the starter grid, causing the engine to overheat and stop working;
- rapid and frequent clogging of carburetor due to the use of low-quality fuel;
- clogging of the air filter if the device is not maintained properly.
All these problems can lead to the fact that the device will lose its ability to work, before ordering the necessary spare parts for brushless brushcutter should conduct a visual inspection and diagnosis of the device.
Particular attention is required for individual parts and units of the fixture, to check them you do not need to turn to a professional master, a set of diagnostic measures will help your own hands to identify the consequence of the loss of performance.
Grass trimmer gearbox repair and lubrication
If the brushcutter is used frequently and extensively, the gearbox may become hot or make unusual noises, such as grinding, during normal use. This is an indication that the machine needs to be lubricated. If this is not done in time you will have serious problems (e.g. the gears will rapidly wear out and need to be replaced) and even jamming. Other malfunctions also occur with the gear mechanism. Repair and lubrication of the gearbox can be done independently. you just need to familiarize yourself with the peculiarities of these works and stock up on some available tools.
Gearbox for grass trimmer is a unit that transmits rotational motion of the engine shaft to the blade or the fishing line. It is located at the lower end of the brushcutter bar. Transmission unit is also designed to reduce the engine speed of the grass trimmer.
Depending on the brushcutter model, the gearbox consists of several gears that turn at high speed. As a result, they get hot because of the strong friction. If there is insufficient or no lubrication, the process leads to severe overheating and failure of parts, and therefore the need for complex repairs. To avoid this, it is necessary to lubricate the transmission unit in time. The disassembled gearbox is shown in the photo below.
Gearboxes of modern trimmers of different models from different manufacturers differ from each other by design and the size of the seating. It happens:
The most common diameters for round seats are 24, 25.5 and 26 mm.
Mowers are equipped with different types of gears:
- worm gears;
- Wave gears;
Drive shaft and gearbox are parts of the grass trimmer that are subject to high wear and tear. Movement is transmitted between them because of the clutch of the gear teeth, which are at different angles to one another. The gearing only works effectively if there is no mechanical damage. The mechanism must not overheat, otherwise it could jam.
What you need to repair your Husqvarna with your own hands
To make your own Husqvarna saw repair, it is necessary to have some specific tools, which can be bought in specialized stores or made by yourself. In the first place you may need:
- piston stopper. needed to limit piston stroke through the spark plug hole. Used in order to unscrew the flywheel nut and clutch (if necessary, it can be replaced by a starter cord with knots tied to it);
- adjusting screwdriver. On some models of Husqvarna chain saws, the carburetor adjustment screws are made in the form of a star or half-circle;
- clutch wrench. Depending on the chainsaw model different types of wrenches can be used (you can make one from an old head of the right size, turning it to the right size); The original clutch wrench
Tip: When repairing any power tools, it’s convenient to use a medical clamp and tweezers. You will also need a set of sockets, a slotted screwdriver, and a set of Torx wrenches.
How to lubricate the gearbox of a brushcutter / lawnmower / grass trimmer
It is important to lubricate the gearbox of your brushcutter at least once a year, but it is better to check the oil every 20-25 hours of operation or when the gearwheels in the gearbox of your grass trimmer become noisy. How to Lubricate a Lawn Trimmer Gear. To lubricate, you must first clean the plug itself and the area around the plug of soil and grass residue, so that they do not get into the gearbox when filling it with grease. Then it is necessary to unscrew the plug for gearbox lubrication (for example, lawn mower ECHO is key for “17”, Husqvarna. 6-headed nut for “5”, the Chinese mower. key for “12”). It is best to use lubricant from the same manufacturer as your grass trimmer or from world famous brands such as Oleo-Mac, STIHL, Husqvarna, Oregon, LiquiMoly, Lithol-24, Azmol 158, etc.д., as long as it is not counterfeit! If the tube, if it is new, we unseal it by removing the cap with our fingers or by punching the bridge in the tube’s spout with the back side of the cap. Then lay the brushcutter on its left side and with one hand turn the knife (so that the pinions spread the grease and the whole volume is filled), with the other hand squeeze the tube grease slowly through the hole inside the gearbox housing until it is filled. Then screw the gear cap on the brushcutter and the tube with the grease. If the grease is not in a tube (but in a can, for example) take a syringe that has no needle, take out the piston, put some grease in it (you can do it with your finger) and then fill the brushcutter reducer with the grease from the syringe.
A pair of bevel gears in the gearbox of a brushcutter are wear parts of the gearbox, which transmit the engine torque directly to the working organ of the brushcutter (trimmer head, metal blade or brushcutter attachment). The driving gear on the brushcutter reel engages with the drive shaft of the 9-beam. The pinion goes on the gear shaft with 11 teeth. A pair of bevel gears in the gearbox of a brushcutter can be 7, 9, 10 spline or square shaft.