Changing the cultivator oil
How to change the oil in the cultivator? Not difficult!
Usually, the oil is changed in the crankcase of the engine every May 20, after the second 30 hours of operation, especially if the engine in the tillers is of medium power and works “in tightness”. Constant oil change prolongs engine life.
The process of changing the oil, described in the instructions, usually may not always seem clear to the user, but in fact there are particular difficulties in this procedure, although there are some points in which it is better not to forget.
- The tiller is initially set horizontally. The fill, meter and drain holes are always located on the left side of the engine. The used oil is connected through a drain hole closed with a threaded conical plug. If it is tightly wrapped, then turn it out of course with a long screwdriver.
- The container for draining must be less than two 2 liters. In terms of capacity, you will like all this an ordinary canister. The amount of new oil poured into the crankcase is the same as the amount of the drained oil. Currently, the best oil recommended by the manufacturers KEY-DOP
If the required 25-30 hours are worked out per season, then the oil change is done NOT less than once a year, even if the volume of THESE engine hours is not even accumulated, since during this period the oil is oxidized and its properties deteriorate. Timely replacement of the tiller oil, especially during seasonal work, ensures a good and long-term operation of the tiller, and such a change does NOT entail huge foreign exchange costs, which can result in a breakdown in the engine, with poorly lubricated rubbing parts. It is also recommended, together with an oil change, to put the newest plug in the engine every time.
As indicated in the tiller usage table, the oil should be changed after the first 20 hours of operation or the next year, which is why I decided to change the oil.
If you are in doubt, looking ahead I will say that the oil was black, so it really was worth replacing.
As you know, changing the oil allows the tiller to work longer, but which oil to replace to choose.
In fact, the question is NOT idle.
There is mineral oil.
If the car is filled with mineral oil, the engine must be flushed.
I have semi-synthetic oil poured into my tiller, so I bought a container of 1 liter of semi-synthetic oil.
How to replace the lubricant in the gearbox?
The procedure is as follows.
- Before you start filling with new fluid, you need to drain the old.
- Place the cultivator on a raised platform. This makes it easier to drain the lubricant.
- On the gearbox, you will find 2 plugs. One of the plugs is designed for draining, it is located at the bottom of the unit. The other closes the filler neck. The filler plug is turned out first.
- Take any reservoir and position it directly under the oil drain plug.
- Unscrew the oil drain plug carefully. The gear oil will start to drain into the container. Wait until absolutely all of the oil has drained, after which you can screw the plug into place. Tighten it to the limit with the spanner.
- Insert a funnel into the filler neck. Take the Appropriate Lubricant.
- Fill it to the required level. Then replace the plug. Now you need to find out the level of the lubricant. Tighten the plug with the dipstick all the way. Then Unscrew it again and Inspect.
- If there is lubricant at the probe tips, do not add any more.
The procedure for changing the transmission lubricant will depend on the modification of the tiller. But basically, replacement is done every 100 hours of unit operation. In SEPARATE episodes, more frequent replacement may be required: every 50 hours. If the cultivator is new, then the initial replacement of the lubricant after running in the tiller must be performed after 25-50 hours.
A systematic change of transmission oil is necessary Not only because the manufacturer advises it, but also for a number of other circumstances. During the operation of the cultivator, foreign steel particles are formed in the lubricant. They are formed due to the friction of the components of the cultivator, which are slowly crushed. The oil eventually becomes thicker, resulting in unstable tiller operation. In some cases, the gearbox may fail. Filled with fresh lubricant allows you to prevent such unpleasant events and eliminate repairs. Replacing the lubricant is several times cheaper than purchasing and installing a new gearbox.
If you want your technical equipment to function for a long time and correctly, without ignoring the timely oil change. How to maintain and clean the oil filter of the motor cultivator Maintenance of the air filters of the tiller motor must be carried out according to the maintenance intervals indicated by the manufacturer or as needed if the technical equipment is used in conditions of high dust content. It is advisable to inspect the condition of the air filter every 5-8 hours. The operation of the tiller. After 20-30 hours of activity, the air filter needs to be cleaned (if it is damaged, change it).
In the new Tiller, after 5 hours of operation, the oil in the engine must be changed without fail. After assembling the unit, small debris remains in its engine and, getting into the oil, it can jam the tiller motor after the first hours of operation, and lead to its breakdown. So that the engine is completely cleaned of debris for this reason, the oil should be changed several times, every 5, and then 10 hours of operation of the device.
After running in and cleaning the engine, the oil change in the tiller is carried out at the time indicated in the annotation, and usually this function must be carried out after 25-50 hours of operation of the device. If there is Clear data in the oil submenu in the annotation, then you need to take into account the operating conditions of the unit and look at the color of the oil. If it turned black, change it is urgently needed!
The tiller needs to be warmed up. this way the oil will merge faster and without residues. Will be more fluid.
2. I muffled the tiller, take a capacity of 0.6-0.7 liters and, by unscrewing the plug, raise the tiller so that the oil will drain out.
We unscrew the plug and Drain the oil and a previously prepared container
Raise the tiller and fill in 0.6 liters of oil.
For an accurate filling, you need to take a measuring container or fill it in from a jar, focusing on the measuring ruler in it. Fill the engine with oil
So, poured oil, you can let the tiller stand, so that the oil glass and get to work.
After transportation, I was recommended to hold the tiller for a day, so that it stood in the assembled state, because I was carrying it in the trunk, disassembled, on its side.
Material taken from the site http://letnijsezon.Ru
Diesel Tiller Engine Oil Change
Any technical equipment has a complex design, where absolutely everything is interdependent. If you value your own equipment, dream that it will work as long as possible, then you must not only look after it, but also buy good-quality parts, fuel and oils. But if you start using low-quality oil, then in the future you will encounter a number of complications and the technique may need repairs. In this note, we will describe which oils (lubricants) are suitable for a particular unit and methods for changing oils in a tiller.
Is it necessary to fill and change the oil in the air filter of the motor cultivator?
In the vast majority of situations, it is enough just to soak the air filter sponge with machine oil a little. However, the air filters of certain modifications of the tillers are in an oil bath. in such a situation, the lubricant should be added to the level marked on the oil bath.
How to drain oil from a tiller
Long service life, (motor resource) and Possible problems in the used motor vehicles, depend not only on the quality of the unit purchased, but also on its properly carried out maintenance. And one of these types of maintenance is the regular oil change in the engine, which is necessary for the four-stroke engines common today.
Before any owner Tiller at some point there is a question about changing the oil in tillers and, observing the correct sequence of this process, you; save your own unit for a long time, and save it from possible breakdowns, which are quite costly from time to time.
Oil change in the engine of the tiller “Neva
First of all, you need to find out if you need to change the lubricant? It is not excluded that its level is still sufficient for the effective functioning of the motor cultivator. If you still need to change the oil, place the cultivator on a leveled surface and clean the area around the plug (plug) of the dipstick for pouring lubricant into the motor. This plug is located on the bottom end of the motor.
How to set the oil level after changing? Quite simply: by means of a measuring probe (probe). To establish the oil level, wipe the dipstick dry, and then, rather than twisting the plugs, insert it into the oil filler neck. From the oil imprints on the probe, you can determine at what level it is. On a note! The amount of lubricant in the motor does not have to overlap the limit mark. If there is an excess of oil in the container, it will pour out. This will increase the unreasonable costs of lubricants, and, consequently, the operating costs.
How much grease is required to fill the gearbox?
The question of how much transmission oil is needed is quite fundamental. In addition to how to answer it, you will need to set the level of the lubricant. This is extremely easy to accomplish. Place the cultivator on a flat platform so that its wings are parallel to it. Take 70 centimeters of wire. It will be used instead of the probe. Bend it into an arc, and then insert it all the way into the filler neck. Then pull it back. Inspect the wires carefully: if they are 30 cm stained with grease, then the lubricant level is normal. When the lubricant on it is less than 30 cm, it needs to be refilled. If the gearbox is completely dry, then 2 liters of lubricant will be needed.
What to pour oil into the tiller gearbox
Summer residents, entrepreneurs, farmers. everyone is interested in the garden equipment working for a long time and without interruption. Correct maintenance and operation of your tiller or cultivator can help extend the life of your equipment and increase productivity. One of the most important structural elements of the tiller is the gearbox, and its performance depends on which oil is poured into the gearbox of the tiller. Each owner should know what kind of lubricant to use in the gearbox and what is the frequency of its replacement.
For diesel engines
Diesel fuel contains a lot of sulfur and emits soot during combustion. The lubricant for this type of motor must provide detergent properties and be resistant to oxidation. These properties are provided by special diesel additives. In addition, the oil in engines of this type needs to be changed more often, since it is quickly saturated with sulfur deposits, soot and oxidation products.
Types of oils
Oils differ in types (mineral, semi-synthetic, synthetic), areas of application (motor, transmission), seasons (summer, winter). Gearboxes use gear oils with various additives.
Classification of gear oils by application:
- GL-1 are mineral oils with no additives or extreme pressure components. Designed for use at low speeds and loads. Used in spur, worm and spiral bevel gears.
- GL-2. “mineral water” with increased requirements for antifriction properties, that is, resistance to abrasion. They are used in worm gears, the work of which is accompanied by constant friction of parts against each other. May contain special anti-friction additives.
- GL-3 is a grease with high antiwear and extreme pressure properties, that is, it prevents adhesion of the contacting surfaces. Designed for moderate speeds and loads. Used in spiral bevel gears.
- GL-4 are oils with high quality EP additives. Designed for high speed operation combined with low torque and vice versa. Used in hypoid gears of cars and trucks.
- GL-5 and GL-6 contain an EP additive containing sulfur and phosphorus. Designed to operate at high speeds at low torques, as well as shock loads on the gear teeth. Oils of the GL-6 group, in addition, are designed to operate with gears with vertical displacement along the axes. Used in hypoid gears of cars.
Oil change does not take long
Tiller gearbox device
The gearbox is one of the most important components of the tiller. It is absolutely on all models, without it the equipment will not work. The function of the gearbox is the uninterrupted transmission of torque from the engine to the wheels through a V-belt transmission. In addition, it allows the speed and direction of movement of the agricultural unit to change. Simply put, it provides movement and control of equipment.
The gearbox consists of a system of shafts and sprockets connected by a chain. The shafts take rotation and are transmitted by the chain. The input shaft is equipped with a lever and a fork that shift the mechanism. Bolt-on plastic housing protects parts from dirt and dust.
Tillers are irreplaceable helpers in the household
All parts are made of metal and require lubrication. With a lack of lubrication, the load on the contacting parts increases sharply, which can lead to their rapid destruction. Timely oil change in the gearbox will ensure their serviceability and smooth operation of the mechanism as a whole.
Oil change procedure
The replacement is as follows:
- Start and warm up the engine.
- Place the tiller flat on stands or on a raised surface.
- Place an empty container for used oil under the drain hole of the tank and open the plug.
- After completely draining the oil, close the drain hole tightly.
- Pour fresh grease into the upper hole, check the level with a dipstick. How much oil to fill in the tiller gearbox depends on its size. Typically a dry gearbox requires about 2 liters. The exact figure is indicated in the operating instructions.
- Wipe both holes to remove any residual grease.
When do you need to change the oil:
- If the gearbox has been repaired;
- If the oil level is extremely low;
- If a new grade of grease is used;
- If the replacement period has come according to the instruction manual.
The exact intervals for changing lubricants and other technical fluids are indicated in the instructions. On most tiller models, this operation is carried out after the first 25 hours of operation (on new equipment or after replacing the gearbox), then after every 250 hours of operation, that is, on average once a month with daily work or once a season with occasional use. Carries out work on replacing the lubricant immediately after work, measuring the level. before it starts.
How to find out if you need to add oil:
- Place the chiller level on the ground or on a solid platform so that it is convenient to open the gearbox and fill in lubricant. For this, the gearbox must be in an inclined position.
- Check the lubricant level. To do this, insert a dipstick or any metal rod 65-70 cm long of a suitable diameter into the hole on the gearbox.If the measurement result shows that there is at least 30 cm of fluid in the gearbox, refilling is NOT required.
- If there is not enough liquid, add it to the desired level, checking with a dipstick.
It is advisable to check the oil level before each work shift, as well as inspect the gearbox housing for leaks. After work, measurements are NOT carried out, since some of the liquid ends up on the parts, and the result will be unreliable. This simple operation should not be neglected: lack of lubrication can lead to parts breakage.
What kind of oil must be poured into the gearbox
In the question of which oil to pour into the tiller gearbox, the most reliable will be to rely on the manufacturer’s recommendations. They are set out in the instruction manual, and if it is lost, the text can be easily found on the Internet. In general, any gear oil can be used to lubricate the gearbox. It is undesirable to mix oils in order to avoid a conflict between additives. In rare cases, substances can, when mixing, convert all the lubricant into an emulsion, which is fraught with damage to the gearbox or, at least, thorough flushing. Therefore, before adding new oil, you should check the presence of the old.
For gasoline engines
Gear oil should not be confused with engine oil. When adding lubricant to the engine, the type of fuel must be taken into account. The base for gasoline and diesel oils is often the same, the differences lie in the additives. Special components that provide the oil with the desired properties.
Gasoline engines run on a relatively light fuel with low sulfur content, and reach relatively high maximum revs. This means that gasoline oils must provide protection and lubrication of friction parts at high speeds. A set of additives is selected in accordance with these requirements.
Replacing, let alone adding grease to the tiller gearbox is a simple task. Even a novice user can handle it, and not one who has experience in the repair and maintenance of equipment. Before adding oil for the first time, you can watch the rollers. The main thing is to observe the replacement time and monitor the water level. In this case, the tiller gearbox will last a long time and without interruption.
In the engine
Changing the oil in the engine is carried out depending on the manufacturer’s instructions. Engine oil changes taking into account the following points:
- The first replacement is carried out after running the engine. It is carried out exclusively at idle, because excessive load can cause wear of the main structural elements.
- Some manufacturers recommend replacing at 40 hour intervals. The lubricant must be replaced after a period of winter operation.
- It is recommended to warm up the tiller before direct replacement. This is required to increase the fluidity of the substance. In this case, the tiller is installed in a horizontal plane. At the bottom of the structure there should be a drain tube, after unscrewing the plug, the old substance is removed.
- After draining the old substance, the plug is screwed back. There is a filler neck in the upper part of the structure, level control is carried out using a dipstick.
After checking the lubricant level, you can tighten the plug and start the engine. The first few minutes need to be run in at idle speed, because it takes time to lubricate all structural elements.
What kind of cultivator oil can be poured into the engine or gearbox
In suburban areas, tillers and cultivators are often used. Similar designs Are represented by a combination of engine and transmission. Engine maintenance provides for a timely oil change. Its purpose is to reduce the degree of friction between individual elements, as well as to extend cooling. There are several different criteria for choosing a cultivator oil.
Is it possible to fill in car oil
Automotive oil is most often found on sale. It is produced for the internal combustion engine of cars, but it is used in various fields. In some cases, car oil is poured into the tiller engine. When considering such a possibility, it is worth considering:
- Manufacturers produce Special substances for two-stroke and four-stroke engines. According to the design features, different requirements are imposed on lubricants.
- In two-stroke engines, the engine oil is supplied with the fuel. Therefore, the main requirement is the rapid dissolution of the substance; the composition does not have to include a large number of aggressive additives.
Experts do NOT recommend pouring car oil into the tiller engine, because this may cause malfunctions during long-term use. At the same time, the price of a special and motor lubricant does not differ much.
Periodic maintenance of the tiller allows you to extend the service life and improve the characteristics of the equipment. The gearbox is considered one of the most fundamental elements, the purpose of which is to increase the transmitted forces. Oil is poured into the gearbox in order to reduce the degree of wear between the two rubbing elements. When choosing a gear oil, take into account:
- The degree of viscosity;
- Operating temperature;
- Type of base used in the manufacture.
Each tiller manufacturer indicates the most suitable brands according to GOST. With the Honda engine, various gearboxes can be installed, under the features of which the oil is selected.
For petrol cultivator
Gasoline engines are widespread because they are highly effective when applied. Unlike diesel devices, gasoline ones vibrate less during operation, there are no problems with starting in winter. In such cases, fill in the following oil:
- SA. a similar option can be used at low mechanical stresses, when an additive is NOT required in the composition.
- SB is a substance suitable for use in the medium stress range. The special composition provides a low oxidation state, stable lubricating properties.
- SC. lubricants of this group are suitable for servicing motors that are NOT equipped with a PCV system. This option eliminates the likelihood of the formation of various deposits at high temperatures.
- SD. a product in this category is used for motors equipped with a PCV system. In comparison with the previous version, it copes more effectively with the task of protecting the surface from the formation of deposits.
- SE. used for servicing engines that were produced after 1972. The special composition protects the device from wear and corrosion.
- SF. the substance is used for servicing motors, which were released after 1980. New production technologies have improved the performance of the substance.
- SG. similar oils began to be produced for engines manufactured after 1988. In terms of basic qualities, the product is similar to that which belongs to the SF category, but, at the same time, it differs in additional properties.
- SH is the version of the grease that has been on the market since 1992. This category includes universal lubricants.
The most common cultivator is gasoline, because it is easier to maintain and operate.
In the gearbox
In most cases, any gear oil can be used to lubricate the gearbox. The replacement procedure is carried out as follows:
- The device is located on a horizontal plane, it is tilted slightly. This simplifies the filling procedure.
- A dipstick is inserted into the hole on the gearbox. It is required to determine the level of the old substance.
To replenish the oil level in the gearbox, a new one is topped up. A completely dry container is filled with about two liters. Some models are equipped with a special hole for removing old material, which may contain a large amount of impurities.
What kind of oil to fill
A large number of different oils are on sale, which can be poured into the gearbox and motor. The main classification is as follows:
- Summer varieties are characterized by high viscosity, intended for use in the summer. High ambient temperatures become a prerequisite for an increase in viscosity, thereby reducing the load.
- Winter varieties are used in winter and have a low viscosity. A negative ambient temperature becomes a prerequisite for an increase in oil viscosity. Manufacturers take this point into account and make the substance less viscous.
- All-season options are considered the most popular. They can be used in any operating conditions of the cultivator, are suitable for four-stroke engines and other options.
Various bases can be used in the manufacture of the substance. On this basis, there are:
- Mineral. This option is much cheaper, but does not cope well with the load.
- Synthetic. A similar substance is produced using modern technology. Therefore, it provides the required level of protection of the motor against wear and overheating.
- Semi-synthetic. A product from this category is cheaper and, at the same time, is considered universal, because added to various devices.
Manufacturers produce options for two-stroke and four-stroke engines. A motor cultivator with the first type of motor is much cheaper; maintenance involves adding a lubricant to the fuel.
For diesel tiller
Diesel engines are being installed on Honda and other cultivators. The advantages of such a node are as follows:
- Maximum adhesion to the ground;
- Cooling is carried out with air and water;
- Fuel consumption is only 5 liters per 100 km.
Diesel mechanisms are characterized by a complex design, therefore special attention is paid to the selection of the correct oil. The classification is carried out as follows:
- CA is a variant designed for low to medium stress applications. The substance can work with low-sulfur diesel fuel. The inclusion of additional elements in the composition eliminates the likelihood of corrosion, as well as burn-in. Not suitable for heavy duty applications.
- CB is a substance suitable for use at low to medium mechanical stresses when filling high sulfur diesel fuel. Unlike the previous type, the considered option provides a higher protection against corrosion.
- CC. such oil should be poured into the tiller under medium and high mechanical loads. Additives help to reduce the likelihood of deposits when exposed to high temperatures.
- CD. this type of oil is used to service the engine, which does not have a supercharger on which the turbine is installed. The special composition protects the metal surface from corrosion.
It is recommended to give preference exclusively to synthetic oils, because they are capable of providing high surface protection. Mineral is much cheaper.
How to replace
Periodic maintenance of the gearbox and engine provides for timely oil change.
Oil is poured into the cultivator through a special hole; a watering can is required to simplify the procedure.
Tiller gearbox: device, types, oil and oil seals change
The gearbox is one of the most important parts of the tiller. Its task is the uninterrupted transmission of torque from the engine to the wheels by means of a V-belt transmission. Among other functions of the gearbox, one should highlight the change in the speed and direction of movement of the agricultural unit.
What are the tiller gearboxes. types and purpose
Modern tillers are equipped with gearboxes of different design and purpose. The mechanisms used for the operation of agricultural machines are divided into the following types:
- Angle gearbox for tiller. a mechanism of this type serves as a connector for the motor and transmission of the unit. Excellent characteristics and low cost of such a unit make it one of the most popular among farmers. The design of the angular gearbox allows you to modify it, increase it, thereby significantly increasing the performance of the mechanism;
- Reducing gear for tiller. the task of this type of mechanism is to increase the power of the motor and reduce the number of its revolutions. Such gearboxes are considered one of the most reliable and efficient mechanisms, since they consist of durable steel parts, which are practically NOT subject to wear, and a regular air cooling system. Tillers equipped with such gearboxes can easily cope with any load, and can solve many economic problems;
- Reverse gear. this reverse rotation mechanism is installed between the bevel gears, which, in turn, are located on the main shaft of the tiller. This reversing circuit is quite simple, so it takes NO more than 10 minutes to disassemble it. The main advantage of a reversible gearbox is the ability to reverse. Among the disadvantages should be highlighted the low performance of the mechanism and low speed when moving the tiller in reverse;
- Gear reducer for tiller. heavy tiller is equipped with this type of mechanism. It is used primarily to transfer the torque generated by the motor to the wheels of an agricultural machine. Among the main advantages of the gear reducer should be highlighted High reliability and simplicity of design. The only drawback of this mechanism is the complexity of maintenance. However, most tiller manufacturers equip their equipment with a gear reducer. If you are planning to make a homemade gearbox, then it is best to make a gear-type mechanism;
- Worm gearbox for tiller. the distinctive features of this mechanism include the presence of a special screw and a gear worm wheel. For the manufacture of each of the elements of such a gearbox, materials with increased strength are used. The gear ratios of worm gearboxes range from 1 to 4. The number of gears directly depends on the number of threaded channels on the screw of the mechanism. Among the main advantages of a worm gear, the high efficiency of the mechanism should be highlighted. It is used in the manufacture of equipment that requires a reduced angular velocity and the highest possible torque. Worm gearbox provides smooth running and low noise level during tiller operation.
Each of the listed types of devices has its own advantages and disadvantages. This should be remembered when choosing a tiller equipped with one or another gearbox.
DIY tiller gearbox
Many tiller owners often wonder how to make a gearbox with their own hands. This is not as difficult as it might seem. To work, you need to prepare a number of tools. You will need:
- Straight and oblique screwdriver;
- Hacksaw for sawing metal;
- Pliers or pliers;
The manufacturing procedure for the tiller gearbox is as follows:
- First of all, you need to make the body of the mechanism. To do this, take several steel plates and scold them together in the form of a box. To save time, you can also take the body from the Ural motorcycle shaft and modify it a little;
- Gears are also needed to make the gearbox. They can be taken from the old Druzhba chainsaw. The main thing is that each gear has whole teeth, otherwise the home-made mechanism will not work;
- Cut off the tip in one of the shafts and drill a hole;
- On the other side of the gearbox, install the second shaft, and attach the cage and bearings to it;
- At the end, the output shaft will need to be connected to a pulley.
The homemade tiller gearbox has a simple design, so the mechanism can be repaired in 20-30 minutes.
How much oil to fill in the tiller gearbox?
Finding the answer to this question is quite simple. To do this, you will need to proceed in the following order:
- Place the tiller on a flat surface so that the wings of the unit are parallel to the surface itself;
- Take a piece of wire, at least 70 cm long. it will play the role of an oil dipstick;
- Bend the wire in an arc;
- Insert the wire into the tank to the very end, and pull it out.
If the oil is at the level of 30 cm of the wire length, then it is no longer necessary to add oil. If the wire remains completely dry, then you will need to pour at least 2 liters of lubricant inside the gearbox.
What kind of oil to fill in the tiller gearbox?
The answer to this question Not only beginners should know, but also experienced farmers. The serviceability and service life of the tiller gearbox largely depends on the quality and characteristics of the oil.
Before purchasing a lubricant, consult the recommendations of the agricultural machine manufacturer. The second important factor is the price of the oil. You do not need to buy the cheapest lubricants, since they, in most cases, are not capable of ensuring the normal operation of the mechanism.
Tiller gear oils are divided into several types. Depending on the marking, the following lubricants are found on the market:
- SAE. These formulations are used in environments with frequent and severe temperature changes. Thanks to this, oils with this marking can be used almost all year round. When buying such oil, you need to Pay attention to the number that is in front of the letter W. The smaller the number, the lower the temperature at which you can fill the oil;
- ASEA. oils with this marking are considered almost universal. over, the higher the number in the marking, the more difficult the conditions in which the composition is applied;
- API. oils with this mark are the most common. They are successfully used for lubrication of all types of gearboxes, and provide long-term operation of devices in the most severe conditions.
All of the listed types of oils for the tiller gearbox have their own characteristics. Be sure to Study them, and compare the indicators with the recommendations specified in the instruction manual of the tiller.
Tiller gearbox device
Like any other tiller mechanism, the gearbox of an agricultural unit consists of certain elements. Taking into account the type of gearbox, its design can be equipped with threads, or other details. Basically, the gearbox device in detail looks like this:
- Cover and pulley;
- Input shaft bushings;
- Adjustment and shift lever;
- Fork and here’s a switch;
- Gear wheel in the intermediate shaft;
- Shaft block;
- Double row chain;
- Sprocket block;
- Washers and seals;
- Input shaft;
- Right and left axle shafts;
- Double asterisk;
- Bracket and spring;
- Clutch fork.
The mechanism diagram below will describe in more detail how the tiller gearbox is arranged. Despite the rather complicated design of the mechanism, its dismantling and reassembly will NOT raise questions even for a beginner. This requires:
- Completely remove the reducer from the tiller;
- Unscrew the screws and remove the protective covers;
- Carefully remove the bushing on the input shaft, dismantle the lever and the fork, the switching mechanism;
- Remove the input shaft and gear from it;
- Remove the shaft bushings and the chain;
- Dismantle the shaft block and remove the sprockets from it;
- Remove the intermediate shaft together with the gears;
- Remove the clutch, left and right axle shafts.
After completing all the above steps, you get the tiller reducer for analysis. After repair, the mechanism must be assembled in the reverse order.
Tiller oil change. a detailed algorithm for beginners
Before pouring new lubricant into the gearbox, it is necessary to clean the mechanism of the used composition. The oil change is as follows:
- Place the tiller on a level Raised surface. It is best if there is an inspection pit in the garage. if you installed the unit above it, it will be much easier for you to change the oil in the tiller’s gearbox;
- The mechanism has 2 plugs. One of them is used to drain the spent composition, and the second closes the hole in which you need to fill in a new product;
- First, unscrew the oil filler cap. Then place a wide container under the drain plug;
- Carefully unscrew the drain cap and wait for the used oil to drain;
- After that, screw the drain cap all the way using the spanner wrench;
- Insert a funnel into the filling hole and add new oil;
- Then screw the lid back on and unscrew it again. there is a 10 cm dipstick at the end of the lid, which will help determine the amount of oil poured in. If the oil is at the end of the dipstick, then it is no longer necessary to add lubricant. He will tell in more detail about changing the oil in the tiller’s gearbox.
Under normal operating conditions, the oil in the tiller gearbox should NOT be changed more than once every 100 hours of operation. If the unit is used around the clock, then this should be done more often. at least once every 50 hours of operation. This will help prevent damage not only to the gearbox, but also to other mechanisms of the agricultural machine.
How to change oil seals for Tilleri?
If you find an oil leak from the tiller gearbox, then this indicates the need to replace the oil seal of the mechanism. This procedure is performed in the following order:
- First, remove the cutters from the shaft, thoroughly clean them from dirt and oil residues;
- Remove the bolts from the cover protecting the gearbox. If the lid “sits” too tightly on the body, you need to tap it with a hammer;
- Pull out the old oil seal and wipe the place under it;
- Apply sealant to the edges of the new gland, install the part and screw the gear cover.
On average, oil seal replacement takes NOT more than 10 minutes. Make sure the sealant is completely dry before using the tiller.
All the listed tips for changing oil and oil seals for tiller reducers are suitable for agricultural machines Farmer, SKA, Neva MB-1 and MB-2, as well as for units of the Kaskad and Oka brands.
What are the tiller gearboxes. varieties and purpose
The tiller design is quite diverse. Modern units are equipped with the following types of gearboxes:
- Angular gearbox for tiller. It is the connecting piece between the engine and transmission. Such a mechanism is distinguished by good characteristics and availability, therefore it is actively used by farmers of small and large lands. The corner model can be modified, making it much more productive;
- Reduction gear for tiller. With the help of this type, the engine load increases and its speed decreases. These gearboxes are among the most reliable and multi-tasking ones, since they consist of durable steel parts and a high-quality cooling system. This technique is highly efficient regardless of workload;
- Reverse gear. This type of reverse rotation is the presence of reverse. The mechanism is installed between the bevel gears, namely on the main shaft. But the gearbox cannot boast of high performance, it has a low speed;
- Gear reducer. This mechanism is installed on heavy tiller models. With its help, torque is transmitted to the wheels of equipment. The gearbox is highly reliable and has a simple design. But maintaining such a mechanism is extremely difficult;
- Worm. This is a gearbox with a special screw, there is also a gear worm wheel. All used spare parts are high-strength, the technique is efficient and durable. A gearbox of this type is very relevant due to the presence of the angular speed by reducing the type and the torque of the highest type. Even a homemade gearbox will allow the machinery to work with little noise and a smooth ride. Before implementation, it is worth paying attention to gear ratios.
Each type of gearbox with its own Distinctive characteristics. You should pay attention to them during the selection and installation of the mechanism.
How much oil to fill in the tiller gearbox?
If you have a question about the amount of oil to be poured in, you should follow a simple algorithm:
- The tiller should stand on a flat surface with wings parallel to the ground;
- A wire with a length of 70 centimeters can act as an oil dipstick;
- When bent, the wire should resemble an arc in shape;
- The wire is pushed into the tank to the bottom to control the oil level.
If the lubricant is 30 centimeters of wire, DO NOT top up any more. If it is dry, you need to fill in at least two liters of grease.
What kind of oil to fill in the tiller gearbox?
How well and durable the tiller gearbox will serve depends directly on the quality and characteristics of the oil.
When purchasing a lubricant, it is worth considering the advice of the tiller manufacturers. It is also worth paying attention to the price of oil. Cheap tools DO NOT guarantee good gearbox performance.
It is worth noting the following types of oils according to Labeling on the market:
- SAE. An excellent composition for work with frequent temperature changes. A number is indicated before the letter W. this is an indicator of the minimum temperature at which the lubricant is poured;
- ASEA. The most popular universal products. These figures depend on the conditions in which the equipment can work;
- API. Are in the Highest Demand. They serve as a good lubricant, regardless of the type of gearbox and the conditions of use of equipment.
Before using the oil, it is definitely worth Reading the instructions of the tiller manufacturers.
|Mark Tiller||Tiller gear oil type|
|Neva MB-2||Transmission oil TEP-15 (-5 ° C to 35 ° C) GOST 23652-79, TM-5 (-5 ° C to 25 ° C) GOST 17479.2-85 according to the international viscosity classification system of engine oils SAE90 API GI- 2 and SAE90 API GI-5, respectively. Filling volume 2.2 liters|
|Neva MB-1||Transmission oil in accordance with GOST 23652-79 (TAD-17I, TAP-15V, etc.).|
|MKM-3 Mobile-K (lander)||TAD. 1711 GOST 23652-79. Can be filled with SAE 90, SAE 75W / 90 according to API GL-4, GL-5 classification. Refueling 1 liter|
|TM 5-18 (TAD17Y)|
|Belarus 08N-09N||In summer (above 5 ° C) Motor oils M-10V2 or M-10G2 GOST 8581 (duplicate. Motor oil M-bz / 10V GOST 10541) |
In winter (below 5 ° C) Motor oil M-8G2, GOST 8581 (can be replaced with M-4 s / 6v1 GOST 10541)
|MTZ.05||M-8B1, M-8V1, M-8G1, according to GOST 10541-78|
|cascade MB6 |
|Transmission oil according to GOST 23652-79 |
Transmission oil GOST 23652-79 or aircraft type MS-20 GOST 23652-79
|Ugra NMB-1||ТСn-10 GOST 23652-79 or other type, which corresponds to SAE 80. 85W API: GL3. GL4|
|Eyes MB-1D1 (2) M||Transmission oil TAD-17I, TAP-15V and others in accordance with GOST 23652-79|
|Celina MB||From the factory in tillery gear oil |
“RAVENOL” EXP SAE 80W-90 API GL-5 Can be filled with SAE 90 GL-5 gear oils
|Tarpan||Transmission oil TAD-17I or analogues of the SAE 90 SAE 75W / 90 type API GL-4, GL-5.|
|Favorite MB. 3, MB. 4, MB. 5||TAD-17i or MS-20|
|motor Sich||Lubricating oil TAD17Y, Tap-15V, TEP-15, TSP-15K, TSL-14 in accordance with GOST 23652|
|Patriot garden||oil 85W90|
|Zubr||TAP 15 oil|
Reducer Acts as one of the most essential assembly systems in the tiller. With its help, the torque is transferred from the engine to the wheels through a V-belt transmission. The gearbox also controls the speed change and the movement of equipment.
Oil change algorithm in Tilleri
Before introducing a new lubricant, it is important to clean the gearbox of the used compound.
Change the lubricant immediately after using the equipment, before the oil has cooled down. You can quickly change the oil with your own hands according to the following scheme:
- The tiller is installed horizontally;
- Two plugs are installed. Through one, the already used composition is drained, the second is used to fill in new oil;
- The lubricant filling cap is unscrewed. A wide container is installed under the drain hole;
- The drain cover is unscrewed to drain all the used oil;
- The drain cover is screwed up to the stop with a spanner wrench;
- The funnel is inserted into the filling hole and new oil of the appropriate brand and temperature is added;
- The lid is screwed on. With a special probe, you can check the amount of the poured product.
For details on the specifics of the replacement procedure, see the introductory.
If the equipment is operated under normal conditions, the oil in the gearbox is changed once every hundred hours of tiller operation. When working around the clock, replacement is done every fifty hours. This will prevent various breakdowns of agricultural machinery.
Features of the tiller reducer device
In each tiller unit, the design includes certain details. They differ slightly in different types of gearboxes.
In detail, the mechanism consists of the following parts:
- Covers and pulleys;
- Forks and shift wasps;
- Control and shift lever;
- Bushings on the input shaft;
- Shaft block;
- Intermediate shaft gears;
- Washers and oil seals;
- Double-row chain;
- Left and right semi-axles;
- Double asterisks;
- Asterisk block;
- Input shaft;
- Bracket and springs;
- Clutch forks.
You can take a closer look at the structure of this node in the diagram. The tiller gearbox is quite complicated, but following the diagram, you can easily cope with its dismantling and reassembly.
The following steps are taken:
- The reducer is completely removable;
- The screws are loosened, the protection covers are removed;
- The input shaft sleeve is removed very carefully, the fork and lever are dismantled;
- The input shaft is removed together with the gear;
- The shaft sleeve and chain are removed;
- The shaft block is dismantled together with the sprocket;
- The intermediate shaft is removed together with the gears;
- Clutch with left and right axle shafts are removed.
After all THESE actions, you can get the reducer for analysis. At the end of the repair, it is reassembled.
How to replace oil seals with Tilleri?
If there is an oil leak, the oil seal must be replaced. The algorithm for replacing this element is performed according to the following scheme:
- The cutters are removed from the shaft, dirt and oil residues are completely cleaned;
- The bolts are loosened on the cover that protects the gearbox. The tight-fitting lid is tapped with a hammer;
- The worn-out oil seal is pulled out and the place under it is carefully rubbed;
- At the edges, the new oil seal is sealed with a sealed agent. The part is installed and the cover is screwed on.
Disassembly and replacement of the oil seal Takes a minimum of time. Then, before introducing the tiller, you need to make sure that the used sealant is completely dry.
The above recommendations and algorithms are suitable for the following brands of equipment: Neva MB-1 and MB-2, Cascade, Farmer, Oka. After that, you can independently perform simple steps to change the oil and oil seals.