Pipe Cutting Tools
Beveller. designed to improve the quality of welding plastic pipes. It is used to remove the edge or top layer of plastic pipes in diameter.
On sale you can find bevellers of various designs, designed to work with pipes of different diameters. When buying, you need to decide on the amount of work and pipe material. The tool is available with both manual and automatic feed. It allows adjustment to the required pipe diameter and wall thickness.
Caliber. required for working with metal-plastic pipes. With its help, before the pipes are brazed, the aluminum layer on the pipe cut is cleaned. In addition, the Gauge allows you to remove burrs and roughness of the cut, as well as, if necessary, to remove the chamfer.
If the pipe is slightly wrinkled during cutting and the cut has acquired an oval shape, the calibrator will flatten the end, making it perfectly round again. A separate calibrator is required for each specific pipe diameter.
How to cut a plastic pipe straight lengthwise?
How to disassemble plastic sewer pipes
Disconnecting plastic sewer pipes does not cause difficulties, but only if you act correctly, and the system is installed correctly and on flexible connections.
Do not try to move the entire riser up / down. it will not work, firstly (it is seriously fixed), it is fraught with breakdowns, and secondly.
Do not try to tilt the pipe to the side, thereby releasing it from the cross / socket. this will also not work, and if it does, it is fraught with.
To properly disconnect the plastic sewer pipes, you first need to drip oil on the cuffs (O-rings) at the joints. Then you should move the pipe in the compensator, calmly disassemble the system and replace everything that needs to be replaced (however, you need to act very quickly, especially when the neighbors are at home and angry).
An expansion joint is a part designed specifically for disassembly in order to replace / repair sewer elements. It provides a vertical offset of a dozen cm, which is quite enough. Ideally, a compensator must be on every plastic riser.
To remove the pipe from the cross or tee, it is necessary to turn it around the axis with an upward movement. No compensator? Life, alas, is not ideal. We’ll have to cut the pipes and change everything completely (when assembling the system, do not forget to put the expansion joint).
Wall piping diagram
The pipes are laid in the wall in such a way that there is no internal stress. In the event that the laying of sewer pipes with their own hands is carried out with plastering, then they should be completely wrapped with soft material: mineral fiber, corrugated cardboard, fiberglass.
When laying sewer pipes in the wall, followed by plastering, they need to be wrapped in soft material.
For internal sewerage in many houses (especially old buildings), cast iron materials are used. In order to combine them with polymer, the following scheme has been developed:
- The end of the cast iron pipe and the socket are connected by means of a reduction pipe with the corresponding inner diameter.
- A double gasket is installed on the spigot end and then the seal is installed without lubrication.
- The connection of the socket and the plain end of the polymer pipe is carried out using a double gasket.
When installing sewer pipes, you will need:
When laying sewers with your own hands, you should choose high quality materials. If the external sewage system is done by hand, then you need to have reliable thermal insulation from the external environment. You can easily lay a sewer system with your own hands. If everything is done correctly, the sewage system will last for many years, and it is not at all necessary to have “golden hands” for this.
Other Plastic Pipe Cutting Tools
They are rarely used when there is no pipe cutter at hand:
Cut a PVC pipe length wise into half
- angle grinder. you will need a metal cutting disc to cut pipes. The main point when working with an angle grinder is precise control of the force, you must not press too hard on the tool.
- A jigsaw is the most convenient way in the absence of special scissors. There is a high probability of getting an oblique cut, therefore, for greater accuracy during operation, the pipe must be turned several times.
What is categorically not recommended to cut pipes:
- Saw band. its blade moves too slowly and if it is not sharp enough, there is a high likelihood of damage to the inner diameter of the pipe, which leads to chips and cracks.
- Circular machine. Since plastic pipes are flexible, pushing them into the machine often causes the pipe to slip and shock, which is dangerous for the person doing the sawing.
How to cut a sewer plastic pipe
In order to lay sewer pipes, you do not need to resort to the services of specialists, but do everything yourself.
For the installation of sewage systems, plastic pipes are usually used, since they have such advantages as durability, lightness, corrosion resistance and ease of assembly.
Do-it-yourself laying of sewer pipes is carried out according to certain rules, external sewage has its own characteristics.
First of all, you need to cut them into sections of the desired length, then they need to be connected together with shaped elements. After the assembly of the pipeline is completed, it is fastened to the wall.
How to disconnect cast iron sewer pipes
First of all, you should get rid of the cement lock (sealing the socket. caulking and locking device). The work is not easy. it requires almost tenderness due to the structure of the cast iron, which crumbles from rough handling, despite its strength. A cement lock is destroyed with a screwdriver or chisel.
How to cut a sewer pipe
Plastic structures are cut with a saw, an angle grinder (knife, ax), then chamfering in half with grief. Remaining notches compromise the integrity of the seal, which subsequently causes leaks. There is a special tool for cutting. a pipe cutter.
The tool is different. you need to buy not just what, but suitable in diameter and intended for a certain material (HDPE, metal-plastic, fiberglass, etc.). Special scissors are also produced for this purpose. Ratchet devices cost twice the price of conventional devices, but make the perfect cut, which is extremely important for the sewer system.
Analytics and reviews
As a result, the Chinese rebar really fell a little, but the trend lasted exactly a week. already on August 17, went up again
Among the 18 remaining, exactly half of them had, if not an increase in profits, then at least a reduction in losses.
Counter flow of rolled steel and pipes. that is, imports to the Russian Federation in the first half of the year were 6, 8 times less than exports. In total, it amounted to 2.31 million tons and decreased by exactly one third over the year.
How to use the paper template to mark the 45º cut
Divide the resulting doubled triangle into 2 parts and, wrapping it around the pipe, fix the position using masking tape. In this case, the templates should be located so that one edge of the base coincides with the other. Now we have 2 blanks of the required diameter. Using scissors, we round off the upper corner of both, adjusting one to the other. All that remains is to put the template on the pipe and mark the place of the cut with chalk or a simple pencil.
It remains only to carefully cut the metal along the marked mowing line.
ways of cutting metal pipes
At least once, but you wondered how to cut the pipe exactly at least 45 or even 90 degrees. Either along or across. We give answers to these questions.
Quite often, when performing various construction or repair work, it becomes necessary to cut the pipe. It can be plumbing work, laying pipelines or installing heating systems, but in any case, it is necessary to know how to cut the pipe exactly. Some of the features of this task will be discussed further.
Large diameter pipe cutting
When a large diameter pipe needs to be cut, a variety of special attachments and tools can be used. This may be required if, for example, a pipeline needs to be repaired.
- angle grinder. The use of an angle grinder is justified from the point of view of the availability of the tool and the relative cheapness of work. However, in this case, you should not count on high productivity, in addition, carrying out work in this way is fraught with considerable risk.
- Roller machine. Such attachments are also often referred to as pipe cutters. In fact, such a device is the same angle grinder, but more adapted for this type of work. The machine includes a special bed, where the cut-off element is fixed, as well as a cage with installed cut-off rollers, which do the direct work. It is important to understand that each machine must be purchased for specific tasks, that is, for the size of the pipes.
- Gas cutting. This option is most often used when working with large diameters. Cutting is done using a high-intensity flame, and the waste produced is blown out by the pressure of the gas. The method can be considered the most practical and effective.
There are other options for the implementation of the task, such as the use of plasma, waterjet or laser cutting, but in private use they are practically not used.
news and events
During the same period, the for VGP pipes are also growing. This time the change was 0.2%. For almost a month now, the for electric pipes have been growing.
Exactly 70 years ago in the USSR, work began on the fission of a uranium nucleus. And this year in Russia for the first time in 20 years.
Demand has become smoother. there is no reserve for slowing down purchases in the event of a price decrease: in industry there is a low level of stocks, and in.
Five bidders participated in this purchase, and all of them were recognized as winners. Gazprom does not disclose them, but in Russia exactly the same number of major producers of large-diameter pipes is Dmitry’s Pipe Metallurgical Company.
What tools are there
Pipe cutting tools, like most existing tools, are manual and electric. In both of these niches, in turn, there is a specialized professional and applied amateur tool (find out here how to thread a pipe at home).
For example, the question of how to cut a metal-plastic pipe can be solved in two ways.
On the one hand, there is a professional pruner, but on the other, you can use a regular hacksaw.
- If we talk about pipes made of various types of plastic, then for a material with a cross section of up to 75 mm, a lot of special scissors are produced, professionals call them pruning cutters. Since the plastic material is quite dense, all secateurs are equipped with a gear mechanism that serves to increase the compression force. The price for such scissors starts from 10 and, depending on the quality, can go up to 150.
- The next pro in cutting plastic is the disc cutter. If the pruner works on the principle of conventional scissors, then the cut is made using a sharp, heavy-duty disc. He presses against the wall and rolls around it makes an incision.
The pipe cutter is indispensable for thin-walled products, since it is difficult to cut a metal-plastic pipe with a thin wall with pruning shears because it crumples.
- The question of how to cut a large-diameter pipe evenly is solved by professionals simply, for this there is a guillotine adapted for cutting round products. Its principle of operation is classic, a knife on top, below, a semicircular bed.
The device can be electrically driven and cut using hydraulics. There is also a guillotine with a manual, screw drive.
- In addition, there are a lot of specialized machines. So for a perpendicular cut, lathes are used. If the question arises of how to cut a pipe at 45 degrees or at any other angle, then band saws are usually needed here.
How to Cut PVC or ABS Pipe Straight
Important: the main difference between a professional tool and an amateur one is that the cut is performed with great precision. Plus the edge after the end of work does not require additional processing.
- But the necessary device is not always at hand, and buying it separately is expensive and does not always make sense. An ordinary hacksaw for metal is considered the leader among amateur tools. She easily copes with both metal and plastic, the main thing is to correctly mark, but more on that later.
- Every good owner always has an angle grinder. With its help, with a certain skill, you can quite accurately dissolve pipes of small and medium diameter. A big plus of the angle grinder is that it can be used to work on any material, from polyethylene, to cast iron or steel.
- At the end of our rating is a jigsaw. It is undoubtedly possible to work with it, but it is difficult to make accurate cuts, plus the edges of the pipe will need to be additionally refined.
Large Diameter Pipe Power Tool.