How to remake a finished plow?
A finished plow can always be altered if necessary. For example, a simple horse version can be easily changed to a walk-behind tractor. Almost all horse plows are distinguished by an impressive weight due to the presence of a stuck blade. If a similar element is installed on a tiller without preliminary alteration, the earth simply will not be thrown away. To convert a horse plow into a walk-behind tractor, work is carried out in a certain sequence.
- A dump is being built. A detailed drawing is prepared for him in advance. Based on the diagram, a dump is cut out of a steel billet. It is advisable to prepare a cardboard template for this.
- Give steel the required shape.
- They remove the horse blade and fix a hand-made part in its place.
- They remove the handles that were on a vertically oriented wasp.
- Instead, metal fasteners are fixed. Through them, the plow is attached to motor vehicles.
If it is decided to build a blade or a plow for motor vehicles, then you cannot do without drawing up detailed and correct drawings. The reliability and durability of homemade parts largely depends on its well-designed scheme. Based on the rich experience of professionals who regularly make good plows for tillers, it is recommended to make the share in such a way that it can be removed without problems and quickly. With such a function, sharpening this part will be greatly simplified, and it will be possible to safely resort to it to start plowing the land on the site.
9XC alloy steel is the best choice for making the cutting component of the plow. The material is mainly made of discs intended for simple hand-held dust. Steel marked 45 can be used that has been hardened to the optimum hardness during the hardening process. If there is only simple steel in stock, for example, carbon steel, which cannot be heat treated, then by removing the cutting edge piece (Using an anvil) and then grind it off, you can safely use steel to work with the soil.
When drawing up a drawing of a future plow on your own, it is recommended to rely on accurate diagrams. A self-made structure will be assembled from the following components:
- A metal pipe that serves as a supporting part;
- Wheels required to move the structure over the soil;
- Working cutting part with or without blades (you can fix cutting elements of old devices)
- Attachment mechanism to the tiller itself.
Installation and adjustment
After completing work on the construction of the plow, it should be fixed to the tiller. But before that, preparatory measures are carried out:
- Moving the tiller to the place where you plan to operate it;
- Dismantling of the wheel drive. it must be replaced with special lugs (if they are not installed, then the plow will NOT work for planting the same potatoes. the equipment will be axle-box and can “bury” in the ground).
After this stage, proceed to the installation of the plow.
- The plow is attached to the coupling of agricultural machinery using nuts. Thanks to this, it will be possible to independently set its performance characteristics.
- 2 fixing pins are prepared. With their help, the couplings and the plow itself are attached to the Earrings.
Having completed the preparation, they are starting to adjust the installed plow. It is from this stage that it will depend on how efficient both the plow and the tiller itself will be. For the correct installation of the structure, you must Pay attention to:
- Plowing depth;
Setting up takes place step by step.
- On the extreme sections, the width is set. For this purpose, the edge should in no case move below or above the toe.
- The equipment is placed as steadily as possible on Special stands so that it becomes possible to set the required plowing depth. We must not forget that this parameter may vary, based on the time of year.
- It is necessary to carefully adjust the attachment of the plow to the equipment.
- Bolting is carried out in such a way that the rear half of the plow is located on a single mowing line with the soil.
- Now agricultural machinery can be removed from the stand.
How to make?
Modern models of tillers can be equipped with a reliable self-made plow. Varieties of this element: double-turn, reverse, double-body, rotary, or Zykov’s product. There are quite a few options for manufacturing a structure. There are even options in which the body is made from a gas cylinder. It is not difficult to make a high-quality plow for motor vehicles on your own if you follow certain rules.
How to make a plow for a tiller with your own hands?
The rotary type of the plow is rightfully recognized as one of the most functional and practical. This design is an excellent assistant for plowing the land on the site, because it can cover a fairly large area. The plow is also good because you don’t have to waste time with it after each approach. It will only be necessary to return the plow and move in the opposite direction. The performance of the equipment will increase significantly. The main actions are performed in the same way as in the case of the rotary mechanism, but in this case the cutting elements must be located below the runner (at least 2 cm).
It is possible to assemble with your own hands a disc plow for equipment. A similar model is assembled from parts:
- Leading beam;
Discs for the device can be taken from an old “seeder”, if there is one in the arsenal. Install these elements at an angle to increase productivity. The hiller is hung on the equipment through the coupling bracket. The T-shaped plow leash is screwed to it with bolts and a stopper. At an impressive speed, the hiller may become axle box, so you will have to work exclusively at low speeds or with paired wheels.
Manufacturing of a structure can be divided into several main stages.
- A good cylinder-shaped blade is prepared. This must be done exclusively in accordance with the drawing. The part is made of alloyed metal. It is important to follow the drawn up drawing when making the structure yourself.
- Expose a ploughshare. Insert wedges into an iron sheet (3 mm) at an angle of 45 degrees.
- Connect the ploughshare to the side of the shield. Be sure to make sure that the Ploughshare blade is located just below the shield itself (1 cm, no more).
- Attach the blade to the Plow.
- A working half with a share is welded to a metal tube, which serves as a base, using a welding machine. On the opposite side. fasteners to motor vehicles.
- When the plow is ready, in its lower half you can weld here with wheels.
The dimensions of different types of plows may vary. You can consider the parameters of the parts using the example of a rotary instance. It is taken into account that the rotary view of such a device is assembled from the following bases:
- Side vertical part of the slide;
- A horizontal plane from the bottom of the slide;
- Front moldboard.
The most productive is considered to be a plow, in which the cutting edge is fixed at the bottom of the Plowshare is 20 mm below the lower part of the slide, located horizontally. Another well-aligned part of the plow is the alignment of the cutting edge on the side of the fixed share with the cutting edge on the side of the blade. The share and blade must NOT protrude more than 10 mm beyond the vertical plane on the side of the slide.
There is one more important nuance. fastening the frontal plane of the plow blade without visible gaps and gaps, and in the same plane. If we consider these details in more detail, then they must be well polished and, like a mirror, reflect any surfaces. Under no circumstances need to be prominent fasteners. As soon as the plow returns from excavation work, it is advisable to clean it of settled soil and foreign particles. Polished elements must be watered with oil or greased with grease. Next, the mechanisms need to be rubbed with a rag. Thus, it will be possible to protect the structure from aggressive external influences, which can lead to the formation of corrosion on the plow surface.
As for the 4th correctly built structure, it includes the flat front surface of the Plow, which makes an angle of 20 degrees with the flat part of the plow structure. It will equal the angle located at the back of the exposed share. The cutting sidewalls of the ploughshare and the mouldboard will also have corners of 20 degrees with bases on the side of the furrow. over, the edge located on the side of the blade may be slightly rounded.
How to make a plow on a tiller yourself
The plow is widely used in farming and horticulture. They can easily and conveniently prepare the soil for sowing. The special design is adapted for loosening the soil and can turn entire layers.
To automate this process, the plow is made part of a tiller. This makes work faster and more productive. Loosening occurs due to the immersion of the working element in the soil. This is a metal blade that is pre-sharpened.
For the manufacture of this working part, a steel sheet with a thickness of 3-5 mm is suitable. First, a removable share is made. a circular saw blade is suitable for this. After the share is cut according to the template, its cutting part is processed on an anvil, and then sharpened.
To make a dump, you will need a metal pipe 50 cm in diameter. A template is cut out of thick cardboard, and the blade itself is made from it using a gas cutter. Then the blank of the blade should be processed on an anvil and a grinder.
Tiller plow shapes and designs
Plows vary in shape and design. They are divided into the following types:
The first option is the simplest. It is he who is recommended to choose for self-production, especially with insufficient experience in this matter.
The reversible plow for the tiller is equipped with a curved blade, which allows not only loosening, but also immediately turning the soil over. It is convenient to use on firm ground. Making such a plow yourself is not easy, you need professional skills.
The rotor design is even more complex. On one here several plowshares are placed. In the process, she turns over a whole layer of earth.
How to make a plow for a tiller
How to assemble a plow for a tiller with your own hands
Before assembling, you can make sure that the proportions of all parts are correct. Using the drawings of a homemade plow, a layout is made of cardboard and assembled. If everything is done correctly, it’s time to start assembling the prepared plow elements.
You will need a steel plate with a thickness of 2-3 mm and an area of 50X50 cm. Further actions:
- Align it well and indent the edges by 4 cm.
- The ploughshare is applied to the letter at an angle of 25 degrees and is point-welded on both sides.
- The guard of the stand is joined to the share in a vertical position. Its edge Protrudes by 5-8 mm.
- The guard is installed 1 cm above the cutting edge of the share. This is necessary for its free movement while loosening the soil.
- Further, the share is connected to the blade. No gaps should be left between them. the structure must be solid.
- Blade and blade top Must be 6-8 degrees.
If the ploughshare and the blade cannot be exactly docked, then the blade must be given the necessary bend. The easiest way to do this is with a hammer. If everything is the same, then the blade is connected by welding from the back with a share and a side shield.
Further, the shield Weld to the base and the spacer bar. Also attach the ploughshare mount to the base plate. thrust angles.
All these operations are done by spot welding. Inspect the structure and check the correct assembly. If everything is in place according to the template, you can cook thoroughly.
Detach the loose parts of the steel sheet from the general structure. After the metal has cooled, it will clean up the uneven edges of the parts and quarrels. Sandpaper the surface of the blade.
Setting up a homemade plow for a tiller
First you need to tighten the nuts on the mount, but leave them a little free for adjustment. Then fix the structure with a tiller earring. for this, two metal rods are used.
Now you need to configure the unit:
- Install the tiller on a level place on a hill or stand, at a height of about 20 cm, and balance.
- The required tilt of the plow is set with special bolts. His “heel” should be parallel to the ground.
- Installing the tiller on the ground, adjusting the height of the handles to the level of the plowman’s belt.
- The final stage is to check the correctness of the assembly in practice. Plowing of 2-3 furrows is carried out with the measurement of the depth and distance between them. it does not have to exceed 10 cm.
For better grip, metal lug wheels should be installed on the tiller instead of the usual rubber ones. So the technique will be less axlebox on loose soil.
There are three ways to build a tiller blade with a cutter and plow:
The blade area needs to be configured as a cylinder, which can be easily achieved with bending rollers. To do this, a blank is cut out of sheet steel 3-4 mm thick with the help of a quarrel or scissors, at an angle of 20 °.23 ° it is fed onto the rollers, bent and made the desired configuration with a hammer according to the sample;
2. A steel pipe is suitable for you. The sample is made of durable paper and attached to the tube. The dump line is drawn with chalk, after which it is removed by welding and sharpened with an emery stone. If necessary, the shape of the active plow body is made with a hammer according to the sample;
The most painstaking way to acquire a dump is to heat its workpiece, which is bent according to a stencil, for which a dump from any plow is suitable. Sheet steel will serve as a body. It is a priority to first make patterns out of durable paper. If you are satisfied with all the characteristics of the cardboard model, confidently start working with the metal so that the tiller plow hitch is made exactly to the dimensions.
How to make a plow for a tiller with your own hands
A plow for a tiller is a versatile tool with which many types of agricultural work are done (mowing, planting, Rooting, harvesting, planting, loosening, and many others). The solution to the question of how to make a plow for a tiller with your own hands must be approached with particular seriousness.
In case of inconsistency in angles or areas, the blade is completed with a hammer. After mounting the blade to the opener, from the rear side it is welded to both the opener and the side shield, which is welded from the base springboard together with the corners for the Plow share and the spacer bar.
The tool is carefully examined and thoroughly cooked, an auxiliary letter is finished with chisels. The coulter corners are fundamentally welded to the base. Next, the seams are cleaned and the areas of the blade and opener are sanded.
The awareness of people making a drawing of a plow for a tiller suggests that, first of all, a removable plow opener is needed to sharpen the tool before work. The durable 9XC steel is an ideal piece for preparing the cutting part, which is used on circular saw blades. Steel 45 is also suitable if hardened to HRC 50-55.
Steel that cannot be hardened, for example, Art. 5, can also be used for agricultural work on the territory. To do this, you need to sharpen a part of the frozen Ploughshare, having previously beaten it off in the workshop, as can be seen in the photo.
The opener is mounted on the auxiliary letter and attached to it from both sides, using wedges. The side guard of the tine must be installed vertically so that it goes over the edge of the opener by a few mm. The guard, in turn, is welded to the opener and the auxiliary letter. Next, the blade is applied to the opener as tightly as possible, Do not leave holes, forming one whole plane.
Tiller single-body plow
Prepare the tiller and place the plow on it before adjusting it. To test the tool, change the wheels from rubber tires to lug steel, which will significantly reduce slipping due to ground resistance when the plow is activated.
Attach the tiller plow to the spring attachment, while not tightening the reinforcement nuts fully, allowing the unit to be adjusted. Next, fix it to the tiller mounting bracket with two steel pins. The device is now ready for use. Now you can brag about how we plow with a tiller with a plow, instructions will help you do it right.
Let’s sum up
Before inventing this tool, make sure of your competence and skill, because otherwise, you risk injuring yourself and those around you. Make sure the safety of a homemade plow and make the right decision in purchasing it, because crippled organs and wasted nerves will cost much more than purchasing a ready-made plow.
Is it possible to dig potatoes with a plow
Many experienced farmers use the plow in the process of harvesting potatoes. So they greatly simplify their life, getting rid of the need to dig out hundreds, or even thousands of potato tubers. The only question arises, what plow to dig potatoes with?
Having made a reversible plow with your own hands, you will make your life easier for many years during gardening and field work. And having mastered the business of manufacturing and selling this unit, you will certainly gain a stable income. It’s time to start your own business!
How to adjust the plow correctly
Due to the fact that you make a plow with your own hands, it becomes possible to adjust the dimensions of the ploughshare and the blade to all the parameters you need. You can easily adjust the width or depth of the plow depending on what work you need to do in the field, in the garden and in the garden. Also, you can adjust the parameters of the plow, taking into account how much power your tractor (or tiller) has. This will allow you to use the Assembled unit with maximum utility, avoiding overheating or damage to traction equipment.
Plow setting steps:
- We tighten the nuts on the mount, but do not overtighten.
- We fix the plow with fastening using two metal pins.
- We carry out balancing, set the desired angle of inclination.
- We check the quality of the plow in the field, and, if necessary, adjust the initially set parameters.
Remember that meticulous and precise tuning will allow you to complete all the necessary scope of work much faster and more efficiently with less fuel!
How to make a plow for a tiller and a tractor with your own hands
First, consider a plow for a tiller or mini tractor, which you can do with your own hands according to the drawings. For a visual analysis of the device, we recommend downloading the drawings of the PN-2-20 double-body plow free of charge.
This plow is aggregated with agricultural machinery of drag class 0.2. These can be heavy tillers or mini tractors:
- KMZ-012, T-0.2 (Uralets)
- HTZ-8 (Carpathian).
Brief technical characteristics of the PN-2-20 plow:
- Capture width. 0.4 m;
- Tillage depth. up to 25 cm;
- Productivity. up to 0.05 hectares / hour;
- Weight of the structure. 67kg.
The cultivation of a large plot of land is a laborious and energy-consuming process, which cannot be done without the use of technical devices. Thanks to the plow, the soil can be properly prepared for sowing, as well as processed to get rid of weeds and dead wood after harvest.
The plow is attached to mechanized equipment, which, by means of a high draft force, sets the unit in motion. In the process of working with the plow, the top layer of the soil is pushed off by the plowshare, and then simply turns over. This allows not only to loosen the soil, but also to improve its aeration. over, tillage with a plow eliminates up to 90% of the weeds growing on the site.!
How to make this useful unit, which is necessary in every household? First you need to take care of purchasing the necessary high-quality materials. For the plow blades, you will need steel about 5 millimeters thick. The ploughshare itself should be made removable so that Zaostrov can also be taken out periodically. For the body Use hardened steel, which will NOT interfere with anti-corrosive solutions before welding.
To make a special functional plow blade, be sure to adhere to the following guidelines:
- From sheet metal, cut the cylindrical work surface of the blade.
- With the help of a listogib, the cut out parts are bent by 22-23 degrees, while the latter are strictly adjusted to the desired shape and size.
- Please note that the size of the hollow metal pipe for the blade is about 55-59 centimeters in length. The wall thickness does not have to exceed 5 millimeters.
- The dump blank itself must be preheated in order to then perform matrix bending.
Directly the body for the circle can be made of a metal sheet with a thickness of at least 3-4 millimeters. A square with sides of 50 by 50 centimeters is cut out of it, to which a ploughshare, side shields and a blade must be attached sequentially. At the same time, make sure that the required angles between the plow components are strictly observed. Gaps or inaccuracies during installation can adversely affect the durability of the unit. I scolded all the details among themselves, it is necessary to clean the seams, and it is advisable to sand the ploughshare with a blade to avoid the appearance of rust.
When you master all the intricacies of making a plow for tillers and mini tractors, you can move on to more complex tasks.
5-case reversible plow on T-150 (PLP-5-35):
This is a 3D model of a 5-body reversible trailed plow PLP-5-35 for a T-150 tractor or other tractors with a pulling class of 3 and higher. Using this 3D model of a plow for production, you do not need any drawings. The structure is disassembled into more than 100 details to the smallest detail. The project is created in 3D-format CAD STEP files. This format is supported by many CAD editors, including free FreeCAD.
Note. Working with STEP format in FreeCAD is not very convenient. The program requires a lot of computer resources to download all the details of the device. Just opening a file on an average laptop takes about 10 minutes. If possible, use a paid professional AutoCAD program.
How to make a plow with your own hands for a tiller and a tractor
Anyone can make a plow with their own hands, you just need to prepare the details and adhere to the algorithm. Having mastered the production technology, you will be able to open a profitable business! Our 3D models will help you with this, as well as detailed information on each stage of production. Everything is even easier than you think!
Making plows at home as a business
A reversible 2- or 5-furrow plow can be easily constructed with your own hands if you have all the details of the device. At the same time, financial investments will be quite affordable. Having mastered the process of manufacturing products, you should start implementing a business idea for the sale of self-made plows. This business is quite lucrative. According to experts, the profitability of such a business is about 70%. Therefore, by choosing this direction, you can provide yourself with a profitable home business.!
Rotary plow on a tiller. manufacturing features
The skid wheel rotary plow is the most sophisticated type of attachment used today for plowing. When working on it, you need to be extremely careful, since the slightest mistake will lead to poor quality of soil processing. The manufacturing procedure is as follows:
- The cutter acts as a working body, which can be made from a steel pipe and metal plates. The plates need to be welded to the pipe in such a way that when they rotate they grind the soil and throw it aside;
- Next, make a frame for the plow gearbox. It can have any shape, the main thing is that moisture and debris do not get inside the gearbox;
- The gearbox cannot be made. you need to purchase it. After that, the mechanism must be connected to the tiller’s gearbox;
- Since the rotary plow is a rather large structure, separate wheels will be required for its use. They can be taken from an old moped or motorcycle.
A finished plow for a tiller will serve well for more than one year. The main thing is to change the oil for lubricating the gearbox on time.
How to make a disc plow for a tiller?
The disc plow-hiller is a very useful device that allows you to prepare even furrows for planting potatoes and other tuberous crops. Before you start making such a plow, Examine the drawings. You can use them to control the build progress and avoid mistakes. The procedure for making a disc plow for a tiller is as follows:
- The support angle acts as a plow base. To make it, use an equilateral corner, the shelves of which in the cold state Should be reduced at an angle of 70 °;
- Weld the sock to the corner. After that, weld the heel through the stop bar;
- Fasten the cheeks to the support corner with hinges. The distance between the corner and the cheeks should be such that when the cheeks are opened, their end sides are NOT pressed against each other;
- Weld the rotary mechanism to the stop angle so that the supporting part of the mechanism is perpendicular to the angle.
Finally, adjust the plow cheeks. To do this, fix each of them with pressures and adjust so that in the end they are bent in the opposite direction from each other.
Types of plows for tilers
The plows used for plowing are divided into several types. These include:
- Monohull designs. these products are the easiest to use. They are lightweight and consist of fewer parts;
- Reversible or reversible plows. the upper part of such structures is equipped with a curved blade designed to turn the soil directly in the process of plowing. Reversible plow Most effective on heavy soil;
- Rotary plows. this type of attachment has the most complex design. On sale you can find a two-body plow, consisting of two, and a three-body plow, consisting of three Plowshares;
- Disc plows. structures of this type are used mainly for plowing wet land. The depth of soil processing with such plows is slightly less than in the spring of previous types of equipment.
Each of the listed types of plows has found application in plowing one or another type of soil. Nevertheless, the most versatile is considered to be a two-sided reversible plow. it shows high efficiency in processing any type of soil.
How to adjust the plow to the tiller?
The quality of plowing depends on how correctly you set the plow to the tiller. Adjustment of the attachment is done in 3 steps, during which you must:
- Adjust the plowing depth;
- Adjust the slope of the field board:
- Adjust blade angle.
Plowing depth is the plowing depth when plowing the soil. As a rule, this value should correspond to the height of the bayonet of the shovel. If the immersion depth is not enough, then as a result, most of the roots of the weeds will remain underground. If the immersion height is too high, it will mix the fertile soil layer with the soil below it. This will leave the planted plants without nutrients.
The plowing depth is adjusted by means of three bolts connecting the lock and plow shank. By lowering the plow or lifting it up, you can adjust the depth of its immersion in the ground.
The slope of the plow board is often referred to as the “angle of attack”. This parameter implies the level of inclination of the soil cultivation plane in relation to the ground surface. The tilt of the field board is adjusted using a screw handle. This requires:
- Place the tiller with a plow on several stands;
- Turn the handles so that the field board is on the ground;
- Twist the handle in the opposite direction until the board hangs above the ground at a height of 2-3 cm.
If the “attack level” is too high, the plow will cling to the ground, which will cause the tiller to constantly slip. If this parameter is too small, the plow will not remove the required soil layer.
After completing the previous 2 steps, you can begin to adjust the blade angle. The procedure is as follows:
- First, place the tiller with a plow on the edge of the garden and go through the first furrow. This is necessary in order to determine the depth of plowing the soil;
- While driving, try to keep a perfectly flat trajectory so that the following furrows are also level. To obtain even furrows, you can use a thread stretched between the beginning and end of the row;
- Next, position the tiller so that its wheel fits in the furrow and the plow is perpendicular to the ground. For best results, use a set square.
After completing all the above steps, you will set the tiller’s plow as correctly as possible, which will help achieve the best result when plowing the garden.
How to make a plow for a tiller with your own hands?
Before you start making a plow with your own hands, you will need to carefully study the drawings. They should tell you how to fix the structural parts together. The further procedure is as follows:
- First, make a ploughshare. To do this, take steel with a thickness of at least 5 mm, and give it the desired shape. Beat the cutting part of the steel workpiece onto the anvil, then sharpen it. This is done in the same way as in the case of sharpening a manual braid;
- Next, you need to make a homemade blade. For this, a steel pipe with a diameter of 50 cm is suitable, and a wall thickness of no more than 5 mm. Cut out the blank for the future blade with a cutter. To give the product the desired shape, beat it off on an anvil and grind it on a grinder;
- Next, you need to assemble the parts of the plow into one structure. Take a sheet of steel, the dimensions of which should be 50 × 50 cm and the thickness should be 3 mm. Make a 4-centimeter indent along the edges of the sheet and align it so that the result is a zero angle;
- Then, using wedges, attach a ploughshare to the letter and make double-sided spot welding, observing an angle of 25 °;
- Connect the ploughshare and the blade together as tightly as possible. An angle of 8 ° should form between the top of the blade and the share blade;
- Then weld the side shield, the share and the rear of the blade together. details about the manufacture of a plow will tell.
Then take accurate measurements of all angles again. Only after making sure that the connections are correct, you can finally weld the plow parts. Once the structure has completely cooled, clean out any existing welds.
Tiller Reversible Plow. Manufacturing Procedure
As in the first case, in order to make a rotary plow, you need to study the design diagram. Otherwise, even the slightest inaccuracy will lead to low efficiency of the finished attachment. To make a Zykov plow, proceed in this order:
- For making the share, use sheet steel about 5 mm thick. Cut a workpiece out of it, heat with a gas burner and bend it as shown in the figure. The ploughshare must be removable. The cutting part of the part is bounced against the anvil and sharpened on a specially designed machine;
- Next, make a blade. It can be made from a pipe with a wall thickness of 5 mm and a diameter of 50 cm. Using a template Cut out a blade blank with a gas burner, then grind the product with an angle grinder;
- After that, from sheet steel, 3 mm thick, make a plow body and Assemble the structure, Using a quarrel;
- File welds and sandpaper.
As a result of work, you get a universal plow for a tiller, with which you can work Not only dry, but also wet soil.
Plow to tiller
The plow to the tiller is one of the most useful devices that allows you to plow any soil with high quality, saving a lot of time and effort. Let’s look at the features of installing a plow, as well as how to make a structure with your own hands.
Installing the plow on the tiller
In the design of any plow, regardless of its size and shape, there is a hitch by means of which the device is attached to the tiller. The hitch can be stationary or universal. The most optimal option is considered to be an element of the second type, since it gives more opportunities for adjusting the plow.
Regardless of the type of coupling, the assembly of the structure on the tiller is always carried out in the same order. To trailer the plow to the tiller, proceed in the following sequence:
- First, install the tiller on the stands. you can use bricks or logs for this;
- Attach the plow hitch to the tiller’s hitch so that the holes on both elements coincide with each other;
- Secure the hitch to the towbar with the bolts.
Many beginners believe that the more secure the plow is attached to the tiller, the more efficient the attachment will be. However, practice shows that too rigid a connection will only worsen the quality of plowing. The fact is that during the operation of the plow, forces act on it, leaving perpendicular to the plane of the blade. This creates resistance that pushes the plow away from the tiller. To eliminate this, when installing the plow, you need to leave a horizontal backlash of about 5 degrees.
Plow to a tiller with your own hands from an equestrian. how to do it yourself?
Unlike other types of attachments, the horse plow can be made almost entirely of wood. The only metal part is a ploughshare, since a wooden element will quickly deteriorate due to regular soil processing. The plow manufacturing algorithm is as follows:
- First, take 2 wooden beams, about 10 cm thick. they will serve to make handles. It is necessary to put on rubber pads on the upper part of the handles;
- Connect the handles to each other at a right angle so that when plowing you could firmly grip them with both hands
- Connect the lower parts of the parts with self-tapping screws;
- Take another beam, 20 cm thick. It should be bent so that its upper and lower ends are parallel to each other;
- Fasten a ploughshare to the lower end;
- At the top end, install a hitch, which can also be made from small wooden blocks;
- In the middle, fasten the double part of the handles.
Despite the simplicity of the design, the horse plow shows a fairly high efficiency. True, using it for plowing wet soil is quite dangerous, since wooden elements can simply break from the weight of the earth.
Regardless of the method you choose for making a plow, each of the self-made structures can be used to work with the Mole, MTZ, Salyut tillers, as well as the Neva MB-1 and MB-2.