Preparatory stage of manufacturing the adapter
The adapter has a simple design, but the manufacturing procedure cannot be called simple. Initially, you need to take into account the drawings and dimensions, which will help create a device without flaws.
You need to acquire the following materials and tools:
- Electric drill;
- With a file;
- Letter made of steel with a thickness of 5 millimeters;
- Several square pipes with a diameter of one inch;
- Set of fasteners.
Key structural elements are manufactured as follows:
- Coupling. Frame-mounted and bolted. A coupler is two welded pieces of square pipes and a piece of a water pipe. The latter is inserted into the stem with welded tees;
- Wheel fixing unit. Two pieces of pipe 10 centimeters long are welded at right angles. The horizontal section is inserted into the fixing pipe and securely fixed with a bolt. Bearings with wheels are attached to the vertical workpiece.
When all the tools are prepared, the main parts are made, the adapter can be assembled.
The modern tiller is a high-tech machine for high-quality soil cultivation. With its use, the strength and time of its owner are significantly saved. Many units are subject to modernization due to the use of additional structures and sheds. Among them is the adapter to the tiller.
Features of the adapter design
In fact, the adapter looks like a trolley, significantly increasing the functionality of the tiller and making it easier to use.
The adapter design consists of the following parts:
- Solid frame, all structural elements are attached to it;
- Support for the feet, near which the brake pedal is located;
- Manual brake lever, when lowering it, the wheels are finally fixed;
- Wheelbase of two wheels of medium size;
- Lift Lever Seats.
The hitch, which allows the adapter to be attached to the tiller, is located at the front or rear of the unit. The standard type is a single design that includes two main elements. The first is the connecting link, the second is the regulator.
Separate adapters with universal double hitch allowing additional attachment of various awnings.
Varieties of adapters for motor vehicles
Tiller adapters are divided depending on how they are attached.
The following types of devices are distinguished:
- Rear Tiller Adapter. The hitch is located in front of the device, after connection the adapter will be located at the back of the device;
- Tiller front adapter. Accordingly, the clutch occurs at the rear. The adapter is located in front of the motorcycle and will definitely have a steering wheel for control. Steering devices are of a more complex design type, and therefore their price on the market is much higher.
The following adapters are available for use:
- Shortened. Small in size, which are operated with a light type tiller. Low weight allows the adapter to be attached directly to the unit wheel;
- Elongated. Cope with heavy agricultural machinery. They are distinguished by their considerable dimensions and relatively large mass.
Depending on the availability of the body, the following designs are distinguished:
- Bodywork. The existing body allows you to transport various cargo over a long distance. They are actively used for daily tasks and harvesting;
- Bodyless. They are used only for connection with a tiller.
When choosing an adapter, you need to pay attention to the design features of the device. It must fully meet the needs of the owner.
How to make an adapter to the tiller with your own hands?
After reviewing the drawings, you can proceed to the phased assembly of the adapter. It is important to strictly follow the description of the algorithm.
If an adapter with a seat is used, the tiller turns into a mini tractor. The chair is selected at your discretion, but products with built-in shock absorbers are more suitable so that you do not have to install springs.
The frame is assembled in a specific sequence:
- A shank is welded to a piece of pipe with a diameter of about 6 centimeters. A swivel bracket will be mounted on it, fixed with a pin;
- The frame is perpendicularly welded to a cross-member with dimensions of 55 centimeters;
- A sheet of steel is welded to the frame with a corner, the thickness of which is three millimeters;
- The lateral edges of the sheet with a length of about one centimeter are folded down to protect against cuts;
- The wings are flexed and welded. The wing covers are welded onto the upper part, which are equipped with a reflector.
The main frame must be equipped with an additional retractable one, the thickness of which is 5 centimeters. They are fastened together with a bolt.
It is better to supplement the structure with a trunk, which is made according to the following scheme:
- The frame is assembled. The required central water pipe with a diameter of 1 “and some labor with a smaller diameter (½ and ¼”)
- The central tube is reinforced with additional tubes for support, the structure is welded to the trunk;
- Support pipes are connected to the block rod and gearbox.
The height of the legs depends on the location of the rack. It cannot be above the instrument panels, fuel and oil tank.
Swivel bracket Manufactured following the following scheme:
- A billet from a pipe with a diameter of 5 centimeters is welded and bent. Two steel bushings are welded to the upper part, which provide swinging of the device along and across the axis;
- One side of the bracket is fixed on the shank, and the other on the tiller itself;
- For free installation and removal of the bracket, you can weld the handle.
You need to take care of the rear-view mirror (suitable from a car or moped). The part is installed on the handle of the unit or attached to the rear of the trunk.
You need to purchase a ready-made mechanism. a brake system.
It is installed according to the following scheme:
- The rod of the blocking unit is dismantled, the thread on its surface is extended with the help of a special die;
- A durable steel stop is created;
- A hole is drilled in the Rod, the diameter of which is within 3-10 millimeters;
- Powerful return spring installed and secured.
At the last stage, it is installed with wheels. Parts from old technology are suitable: a motorcycle or a moped. It may be too long, because it is shortened with an electric hacksaw.
In addition to detailed drawings, it is worth considering the adapter proposed for the manufacture.
A homemade adapter according to the schemes described above can be used with the following brands of tillers: Hey, Agro, Neva, MTZ.
Modern tiller is a high-tech agricultural machine that allows you to process a garden with high quality, saving the time and effort of its owner. Most of the chillers can be upgraded using various additional designs. One of these designs is the adapter to the tiller. its presence makes working with the unit many times more convenient and pleasant.
Tiller adapter. design and function
At its core, the tiller adapter is a trolley that significantly increases the functionality of the agricultural unit and makes working with it much more comfortable. Most of the adapters are equipped with a seat, some of them include a lever for lifting, which greatly simplifies the work with equipment.
The design of each adapter includes foot rests, next to which the brake pedal is located. In addition to it, a handbrake lever is provided in the adapter device, lowering the driver finally fixes the wheels in a stationary position. All parts of the tiller adapter are attached to a sturdy frame. In the lower part of the frame is a wheelbase consisting of two medium-sized wheels. There is a hitch at the front or back of the adapter that allows you to attach the structure to the tiller. The standard hitch is a single two-piece design. The first plays the role of a connecting link, and the second acts as a regulator.
In the design of some adapters, there are also universal double couplings, which allow, in addition to the adapter, to install on the tiller other devices necessary for operation.
Creating a trunk for the adapter
You will need a trunk for collecting and transporting crops. Due to the fact that after mounting the trunk, the center of gravity of the tiller is transferred, this element will also become indispensable when driving on hilly terrain. The trunk is made in the following sequence:
- First Assemble the frame. for this take a few water pipes. One of them should be central, and have a diameter of 1 inch. All other pipes Must be ½ or ¼ inch in diameter;
- Slide the support pipes onto the central tube and weld it to the trunk;
- Fix the support pipes to the block rod and gearbox.
You can choose the height of the supports based on the position of the trunk. At the same time, remember that He should not lie on the tiller, but hang over him. The trunk is mounted by means of supports above the theme with tiller elements, which DO NOT require free access to themselves. In no case do NOT attach the part above the dashboards, as well as the fuel and oil tank.
Frame fabrication and seat assembly
Using an adapter with a seat allows you to convert the trailer into a mini-tractor. You can choose a chair to adapt to your taste. At the same time, we advise you to pay attention to the seat with a built-in shock absorber. this way you avoid the need to install springs. The frame is assembled in the following sequence:
- Take a piece of pipe with a diameter of 5.7 cm, and weld the shank to it. it is necessary for mounting the swing arm. The bracket itself must be fixed with a pin;
- Weld a 5 × 5 cm corner crossbar to the frame. Both parts must be perpendicular to each other;
- Weld a steel sheet, 3 mm thick, to the corner and frame;
- Bend the side edges of the sheet, about 1 cm long, down. this way you protect yourself from cuts;
- Bend and scold the wings, to the top of which weld the wing flaps. Latest Fitting Reflector.
Be sure to equip the main frame with an additional pull-out frame made of a tube, 51 mm thick. In this case, the telescopic tube is attached to the fixed main frame by means of a bolt.
Swivel bracket and rear-view mirror manufacturing
To make this adapter part, proceed in this order:
- Weld or bend a workpiece from a pipe with a diameter of 5-6 cm. Weld 2 steel bushings to its upper part. they are necessary to ensure the effect of rocking the adapter frame in the longitudinal and transverse axes;
- Slide on the bracket and fix one side of it on the shank attached to the frame, and the other side directly on the tiller.
In order to quickly install and remove the bracket, weld the handle to it.
You will need a rearview mirror when transporting a loaded cart. Install the part on the tiller handle or secure it to the rear of the trunk.
To save time on making a part, you can take a ready-made mirror from a car or moped.
Tiller adapter. preparation and production of basic elements
Despite the simplicity of the design, making the adapter is a rather complicated procedure. To make a fixture, you first need to study the drawings. The more accurate diagrams you have at your disposal, the better the work result. Manufacturing requires certain tools and materials.
Be sure to Prepare:
- Electric drill;
- A hammer;
- Welding machine;
- Steel sheet, 5 mm thick;
- Several square pipes, 1 inch in diameter;
- Electric hacksaw;
- Set of bolts and nuts.
Next, we turn to the manufacture of the main structural elements. You will need:
- Make a hitch. it is a welded mechanism, which will later be installed in the base of the adapter frame and attached to it with bolts. The coupler consists of two pieces of square pipe welded together and one piece of water pipe, NOT more than 1 “in diameter and 20 cm long each. A stem with a welded tee, not completely pressed by a bolt, has risen into the water pipe. Be sure to lubricate the stem with grease or grease. this will ensure free rotation of the tee along the horizontal axis when moving the tiller with an adapter over bumpy terrain;
- To make a knot that fixes the wheels. for this take 2 pieces of pipe, 1 “in diameter and 10 cm long, and weld them perpendicular to each other. After that, insert the horizontal section into the fixing pipe and securely fix with the bolt. The vertical section of the pipe will serve as a place for attaching the axle and bearing with the wheel.
Having prepared the equipment, materials and having made the main elements of the adapter for the tiller, you can proceed to the assembly of the equipment. Be sure to follow the instructions in the drawings, since the slightest mistake will lead to incorrect operation of the entire structure.
Types of adapters for tiller
The main parameter by which adapters to tillers are divided is the way they are connected to the agricultural unit. Depending on this, you can find on sale:
- Rear Tiller Adapter. The hitch is located at the front of this design. Therefore, after connection, the adapter is behind the tiller;
- Front tiller adapter. this device is equipped with a coupling mechanism located at the rear of the structure. Once connected, the adapter is in front of the tiller. Each front adapter is shipped with the steering wheel and is required to drive the entire mini-column. Steering adapters are more complex in design, so their cost is slightly higher than the first type.
Also, all commercially available adapters for tillers are divided among themselves according to the area of application. On the market there are:
- Shortened adapters are small-sized devices that are designed to be used in tandem with light tillers. Due to its low weight, such an adapter can be attached to one of the wheels of the tiller;
- Elongated adapters. designs of this type are used to work with heavy agricultural machines. They have a fairly large size and considerable weight.
It should be noted that adapters for tillers are divided among themselves according to the presence of a body. By this parameter, you can find the following designs on sale:
- Body adapters. their design includes a body that allows transporting garden tools and crops over fairly long distances. Such adapters will become indispensable for sowing and harvesting;
- Bodyless adapters. such devices are NOT equipped with a body, therefore their tasks are completely different. they are used exclusively for soil processing.
When choosing an adapter, be sure to take into account the design features of the devices. this will allow you to purchase equipment that meets your exact requirements.
How to make an adapter to the tiller with your own hands?
The phased assembly of equipment is performed in a specific order. Be sure to adhere to the algorithm described below, otherwise you risk making a number of irreparable mistakes.
Before starting the assembly of the adapter to the tiller, carefully study the drawings and dimensions of each of the elements used. The arrangement of parts in the structure is shown in the figure below. Collecting a homemade adapter is best in the garage, as you will definitely need access to the electrical network. The further work plan is described in detail below.
Creating a wheel locking mechanism
To manufacture the adapter brake system, you need to purchase a ready-made mechanism. The order of installation of its elements is as follows:
- Dismantle the rod of the blocking unit and extend the thread on its surface Using a special die for this;
- Make a solid steel stop;
- Drill holes with a diameter of 3 and 10 mm in the rod body;
- Install and secure the powerful return spring.
After mounting the locking mechanism, install on the adapter with the wheels. You can take them from old motor vehicles. a moped, motorcycle or garden cart. If the one you are using here is too long, then it should be shortened using an electric hacksaw. He will tell in more detail about the manufacture of the adapter for the tiller.
Having collected and securely fastened all elements of the adapter, you can test it in practice. If you acted strictly according to the instructions, then you will not have any problems with the operation of the structure.
If desired, you can equip the tiller with adapter with a mounted rake, dozer blade or a spacious trailer with a body. Thanks to the adapter, the operation of all these structures will become much more convenient and productive.
All of the above recommendations are suitable for the manufacture of adapters, which can be used with the Neva, Salyut, Agro and MTZ tillers. The towbars on the units of THESE brands practically do not differ in design, due to which the principle of connecting the adapter hitch and the towbar of each of the tillers will be almost the same.
Making an adapter for the tiller with our own hands
At the moment, there are several types of adapter, as a rule, their designs are similar, and are, attached to the rear of the tiller, a device with a comfortable seat.
The adapter is made of a square metal profile, with a length of 160 to 180 cm. Across this profile, one more is welded, 50-60 cm in size, depending on which track you need, (wheel stands are attached to it). The height of the struts to the wheel axle from the top to the adapter wheel axle can be from 25 to 40 cm, depending on the design.
Further, braces are welded to the main metal profile and wheel bushings, they also serve as stiffeners. Their length depends on the angle of inclination of the whole structure and on the second parameters. Then, the frame structure is calculated and also welded to which the attachment will be attached. Side rails of this design are bolted to the wheel struts.
After that, a control lever is welded to the main frame, which has three knees, sizes 35, 55, 20 cm.To increase the applied force, another lever is attached to the levers, but already with dimensions of 80 cm.
Adapter seat, mounted on a support welded to the central metal profile. As you can see, making an adapter to the tiller with your own hands is not so difficult.
The purpose of the adapter
Here, I think everything is clear, there is a fairly large number of works on the ground, which is easier, faster and more convenient to do Having an adapter. And working with such attachments as a rotary tiller, it is generally safer.
DIY tiller adapter drawings and dimensions
Below are the drawings and dimensions, as well as the materials needed for the manufacture of an adapter for a tiller of complex design.
What you need when making an adapter
Below is a kinetic diagram to help balance the structure and avoid additional stress. The drawing below shows a diagram of a mini tractor made from Tiller Neva.
The engine of the power unit (2), driving the front wheels (1), transmits the torque through the chain (3) to the reverse gear (4), and from it through the cardan transmission (5) to the rear axle (6), driving rotating rear drive wheels (7).
Tiller adapter design diagram
The tiller adapter is a kind of towing device made on a frame and having two wheels. Structurally, adapters are divided into several types, in terms of simple, they can be simple and more complex. The main types are considered universal, these are those that are capable of transporting goods and performing soil cultivation, and simple ones that can only perform soil cultivation.
For tillers of different power, different adapters are used, for a low power one, an adapter with a short drawbar is installed, for a powerful one with a long one. Also, universal adapters, Equipped with additional functionality, increasing the track, lifting attachments, etc.
Drawings of key adapter assemblies
Coupling mechanism. It looks like a welded structure inserted into the main frame and bolted to it. Consists of two pieces of square pipe welded onto each other and a piece of regular “water” pipe with a gauge of 1.1.5 inches.
In the pipe, not fully inserted, clamped with a bolt, a stem with a homemade tee welded on. The stem is lubricated with grease and provides a tee rotation along the axis, to provide a rolling effect when moving on uneven ground.
Wheel mounting assembly. The structure consists of two pipe sections, welded perpendicularly. The horizontal section is inserted into the fastening pipe and bolted together. On the vertical part, they are fixed (on bearings) with a wheel.
The other nodes of the adapter are NOT so important, and we will NOT consider them.
Additional Drawings of Simple Adapter
Below, a drawing of one of the most structurally simple adapters.
Welded to the frame made of a square profiled pipe 5050 mm in size and 2 mm thick:
How to make an adapter for a tiller with your own hands
Adapter for Tiller Neva
Drawings and dimensions for different tilers may vary depending on the design. So for the popular models of Neva, MTZ, OKA tillers, self-made adapters can differ significantly.
By making a homemade adapter to the tiller, using various types of hitch with it, you can not only facilitate the work, but also significantly increase productivity.
Homemade steering adapter
To make an adapter for a tiller with your own hands, you first need two wheels. That is, first of all, you need to proceed from those works that you plan to do with the adapter for the tiller: if it is hilling potatoes, then you need a high clearance, if plowing, then a powerful frame and general stability, which can be obtained just the opposite by increasing the Kolya, and if a homemade adapter is needed universal, then symbiosis and balance of THESE qualities are required. But when making an adapter for a tiller with your own hands, you start from those materials and spare parts that are available, and for the adapter these are wheels. It is much easier to make a simple adapter without a steering mechanism: weld the frame, install the wheels and an eyelet (subframe) for attachments, a seat and a hitch. It is much more difficult to make a homemade adapter with steering control and the design can be different, and the presence of steering parts is much more important than the presence of spare wheels. There are also several options for making an adapter with steering control: it can be a steering rack with steering rods, for example, from cars or trucks, or a steering bipod with one steering rod. These are options when a homemade adapter, as in the photo, clings to the back of the tiller. The disadvantages and complexity of the design of such an adapter include the possible poor controllability of the resulting device. Not always conceived options for such adapters for a tiller made by hand have good controllability. But the design where the adapter is in front of the tiller with steerable front wheels, such a mini tractor from the tiller is much predictable in terms of handling. Do-it-yourself front landing and steering adapters have excellent controllability, but a more complex design of steering wheels with a steering knuckle. So the choice is yours
Making an adapter for a tiller with your own hands
Open photo Making an adapter for a tiller with your own hands in an enlarged form. If this is a drawing or diagram of a device, you can download it to your computer by opening it in large size and using the “Save picture as” function. (Right mouse button).
Please rate this material by highlighting the appropriate number of stars.
Most often with this material
How to make an adapter for a tiller with your own hands
“The device of the steering gear adapter”
You can view all photos, drawings, pictures and diagrams from the category “Homemade adapters for the tiller” by clicking on the link. You can find even more materials with descriptions of how to make a motor-cultivator and accessories for it in the section “Attachments for a tiller” or by making a selection from all materials on the motoblok.Populjarno.com site using the following Tags:
steering, trolley, break, adapter.
Perhaps what you are looking for is in one of the most viewed sections of our site:
Comments on the material “Homemade steering adapter” are at the bottom of the page. Here you can express your opinion, ask for advice from visitors to our site, share interesting materials, talk about your positive or negative experience in assembling tillers and trailed equipment with your own hands. If you have questions or suggestions about this material. Please leave your comment below.
For those who want to share their photos on the keywords “homemade adapter, how to make, manufacture, steering, device, steering gear” or any other issue in diesel, gasoline, light, medium or heavy homemade tillers, cultivators and attachments to them. You need to Register and use the “Add photo” link. (visible after registration on the page of all photo albums of tilers and attachments).
Views: 25334 | dimensions
Here is a drawing of the adapter to the tiller in order to clearly understand its structure and general view. The standard device includes the following components and mechanisms:
- Coupling elements;
A homemade adapter to the tiller must have the necessary level of reliability so that you can safely sit in it and perform all the necessary manipulations.
The constituent elements that will be required to create a structure with your own hands, as in
So, let’s figure out how to make an adapter. We make its base from a profile pipe (1.7 m. length), to which we weld the pipe (0.5 m. length) perpendicularly. The wheel fixing stands will be connected to the latter. The distance from the wheel axle to the top of the rack is 30 cm. The wheels can be taken from the garden carriage; bearings are put on its bushings. To do this, the bushings will have to be bored so that they fit the size.
Next Fixing the braces, the length of which depends on the required angle. With the help of a quarrel, we attach them to the main pipe and to the wheel hubs. Next, we are welding the frame for an additional device. We attach the frame pipes to the wheel stands, located on the side. To do this, we use bolts of a certain size, which will allow us to withstand the expected loads.
Such a structure moves quite well on different soil. In its front part there is a do-it-yourself hitch assembly or purchase. You can also build a homemade snow plow for the adapter.
In addition to the main pipe, you need to weld a “leg” of metal to Position the seat.
The adapter looks like a cart with a seat, made on a single axle frame. It is needed to universalize the device. Thanks to him, you can make a semblance of a mini tractor from the device. As a result, the labor intensity of tasks in agriculture is greatly reduced.
It should be noted that the adapter for the Neva tiller may differ from the adapter for the MTZ tiller, since the former are of 2 types: elongated and short.
In addition to the seat, the adapter has two couplings and a frame. One hitch provides the use of various devices: plows, diggers, harrows, and others. And the second is necessary for contact between the adapter and the device.
It should be noted that steering adapters can be of two types:
- Bodyless. used only for working with soil;
- Bodywork. for freight transport and agricultural work.
Short bed adapters can only be used for lightweight tillers, long bed adapters for heavy duty.
Stages of transformation
How to make an adapter to a tiller: instructions from a farmer
Tiller is an economical tractor option for small-volume jobs. Such a device is most often used for cultivating land in a country house or on a plot of a private house. It does NOT take up much space, allows you to perform many procedures, for example, the whole complex of measures for planting and harvesting potatoes. As a result, the unit enjoys great success among the peasants.
It is pleasant and economical to create designs on your own
Indeed, by creating an adapter, as in the photo, with your own hands, you can save a little money, especially if all the components are in stock, you do not need to buy them. And as a result of the work done, you can get great pleasure from both the process and the result in the form of a convenient, practical adapter for any of the commercially available tillers. This will greatly facilitate many of the processes that have to be done manually, working the land. Consequently, efficiency will increase significantly and more time will be saved.
Drawings and dimensions
First you need to complete the drawing. The first step is to calculate the kinetic scheme. Then they carry out the basic diagram, which indicates the dimensions of all parts. All parts, assemblies and fasteners of the structure will be manufactured according to this scheme. Before starting to create an aggregate, you need to clarify all the data available on the diagram and check their compliance with the indicators of all blanks.
Assembling the adapter for the tiller
First, make the frame. It is made from pieces of metal of the required length. The metal is cut by an angle grinder and the parts are connected by welding or screws.
Then they carry out the chassis. When the cultivator motor is located at the front, the base wheels determine the track gauge. The rear ones are attached to the frame using an axis. It must be made from a pipe of the required diameter. Bushings with a bearing are attached to its ends.
Then wheels are mounted on them. When the cultivator motor is at the rear, the tread should be wider. Otherwise, the structure will NOT be able to maintain balance during operation. Then the base cultivator wheels need to be removed and fixed to the wide axle.
To make your own steering wheel, you do not need to remove the handle of the car. If you use the handle from the cultivator, you can control the entire structure using the motorcycle handlebar. But it will be difficult to back up. Therefore, it is best to mount a sturdy steering column.
Consider the manufacture of a frame for a motor cultivator trailer. If you take a solid metal frame, the control will be directed to the front of the unit. You can make a frame on hinges, while the steering column will rotate completely onto the front frame. To achieve this, mount the gear to the front frame.
The second gear is mounted on the steering column. Then a seat for the tractor driver is made. It can be taken from a car. The seat is placed on the frame by means of a quarrel. It can be regulated. This is especially necessary for the front type device. The driver’s seat is now attached.
To attach the trailer to the plow tiller, a bracket must be installed. To work with the mower, you need to make a hydraulic system. To work on the device, you need to weld the towbar from the car to the rear, where the metal frame is located. The pump can be borrowed from any unit for agricultural work.
The hitch for the cultivator is U-shaped. This requires a channel profile. The hitch is installed under the steering column. In this case, it is necessary to drill the holes, which are marked on the drawing. A bracket and a pin are mounted through them. The components are made of high quality steel. You can also make a tracked mechanism.
Thus, all the necessary parts and assemblies of the adapter for the cultivator are made. Now you need to assemble the entire structure. After that, it needs to be checked and tested in work. If all components are operating normally, then you can start operating the unit.
Varieties of adapters for tiller
There are several types of tiller adapter. The design is distinguished by the coupling method:
- Strong connection to the cultivator. The device has a separate steering wheel. Steering wheels located at the front or rear (Both options are possible).
- Movable connection. At the same time, the angle between the cultivator and the cart is constantly changing. Turning requires a lot of effort, due to the fact that the joint is movable.
Devices are also subdivided according to the presence of driving wheels into:
- Front. The hitch assembly is at the back.
- Rear. The hitch assembly is located at the front.
Trailers are divided into:
In addition to garden work, universal ones are useful for transporting crops.
Trailers are divided according to the drawbar size:
- A short;
Low-power tillers are attached to structures with a short drawbar. Trailers with a long drawbar are attached to powerful cultivators.
There are 2 types of trailers: 1-axle or 2-axle. These couplings are factory designed by the manufacturer. The factory calculated such a structure and mounted a towbar on it. A spring was installed under the seat, designed for the smooth running of the car on rocky surfaces.
The APM has special footrests and a brake that is pressed by the foot to stop the cultivator. Pneumatic tires were mounted on the adapter, which provide a smooth ride at high speed.
If all components are working well, you can start using the device. When buying a structure, you also need to choose a soft seat pad. Then the driver’s work will become more convenient. The adapter Khors IS 1 to Tiller Magnum, adapters to cultivators PNO-1, AM-3 K, BUM-3, KTS-03 are very popular among farmers.
A quality steering wheel adapter for the tiller makes it easier to operate the cultivator. Such a tiller is comparable to a mini-tractor in its functions, only it is more economical in fuel consumption. The standard APM unit from the Krasny Oktyabr manufacturer has a rudder.
The control is carried out using the steering wheel of the cultivator. But other manufacturers make steering units. The cart is designed for more convenient work on the cultivator, so the presence of a steering wheel will make the control easier.
The adapter to the tiller was created for the convenience of working in the garden. If you attach a hitch to it, then you can expand the scope of the device:
- Remove hay;
- Level the soil surface;
- Transport cargo;
- Protects the earth;
- Clear the area from snow.
An adapter is a device that is designed to be moved to a motor cultivator. With it, you can operate the machine while sitting in a chair, and at the same time Till the soil. Trailer for motor cultivators Neva is equipped with steering control. It makes it easier to use the tiller.
This trailer accelerates work in the field. With this design, you can increase the speed of the cultivator from 5 to 10 km / h. Consider the adapter device. The adapter for cultivators consists of:
- Operator’s seat;
- Two wheels;
- Coupling mechanism.
After attaching the adapter, the cultivator looks and works like a mini-tractor. A frame is needed to create an adapter for a front steer cultivator. The operator’s seat is installed on it. The frame is fixed to the chassis.
The seat is fixed to the frame. This makes it easier for the operator to control the cultivator. The wheel system will help move the unit around the site. There are 2 types of wheels: metal (used in the field) and rubber (used for road traffic).
The tiller hitch is made of steel or cast iron by welding. She attaches the cart to the cultivator. The best is the U-shaped attachment system. With this design, the device will be stable.
- The highest travel speed for a trailer with a trailer is 12 km / h.
- Maximum lifting capacity. 100 kg.
- The track diameter is 67 cm.
- Dimensions are 130x70x71 cm.
- Device weight. 22 kg.
- Warranty period of work. 5 years.
Required materials and tools
Consider what you need to create an apparatus.
Materials and tools:
- Two wheels with an axle. The radius of the wheels should be 15-18 inches. You can take wheels from a car.
- Bearings for wheel and steering systems. Metal profile corner or channel, metal pipe.
- Nuts screws, washers.
- Lubrication: grease.
- Welding machine, drill with drill, wires, discs.
- Angle Grinder.
- Screwdriver, wrench, screwdriver.
- Frame for turning the cultivator using the steering wheel.
Do-it-yourself steering wheel on the tiller
Steering Tiller Adapter makes maneuvering easier and more stable. Making a wheel for a tiller with your own hands is quite easy if you have basic quarrel skills.
You can create a structure from a steering mechanism from a car; it is better to use a steering column with a bipod from trucks, tractors. The bipod can be used to hitch the rear adapter to the cultivator. Steering bipod Indispensable if the trailer design does NOT imply steering levers. When making an adapter with a steering wheel for a tiller, you can make a ball joint that allows the wheel to turn freely in a horizontal plane.
If the equipment is used for plowing the ground or other difficult work, then it is better to make the steering and the trailer-tiller connection mechanism independent, since there will be a large load on the hitch unit.
Front (rear) adapter for a steering wheel tiller: how to do it yourself. Drawings and dimensions
Many farmers use tillers to work in their fields. The tiller adapter makes it possible to speed up its implementation. This unit is used as a trailer, which moves on wheels and is attached to a cultivator. You can add attachments to the device, mount a chair. Often gardeners themselves make such a unit.
With movable joint
With a movable hitch of a trailer with a cultivator, the angle of the vertical axis between the cart and the cultivator changes. It is easier to make such a device, but when turning, you will need to apply more strength. This type of trailer is inferior in geometric characteristics: the turning radius becomes larger.