How To Make Rechargeable Screwdriver From DC Motor at Home
Ice Drill out of an electric screwdriver with his hands
I don’t care about the drill ! The main thing is that we’ve caught some fish ! And the rest is nothing. When you eat freshly caught fish, it tastes better, and you’re in a better mood ! And when you catch it, it’s full of happiness !
For four years, we set the ice jigs and look for pikeperch and bass with the help of this “Shaitan” machine, screwweaver “Hilti” SF 22-A and two batteries at 3.3 Ah!Batteries are enough for 75 holes with ice thickness of 80 cm!The only thing you need to heat the batteries in your when it’s freezing, but they freeze and last for forty holes!
I envy you that you have 20cm of ice everywhere))))) We have for example ice from 60 to 100cm is and when the hole in the knees to drill, then you start thinking about all sorts of such inventions)
Yeah it’s not fishing, it’s fishing for perch.
So our fishing trip is over, there’s nothing left after you.
In Vologda many people already use. There is a separate thread on the Vologda forum of fishermen. They take Makita, too, with some unreal power and an insulator on the acum, and drill without measure. Only the screwdriver’s price is too high. And so it is convenient and not heavy. Than to carry a motor auger. The ice is already under a meter. It will be tiresome to drill under the holes by hand. Although 10-15 years ago by 50 holes “gave” under the wells and nothing. still forces for vodka remained.
There are more serious screwdrivers with higher-capacity batteries, I, for example, use Metabo.)
Many of us in Vologda already use it. There’s a separate thread on the Vologda Fishermen’s Forum. They take a Makita screwdriver with some unreal power and an insulator on the battery and drill without measure. But the screwdriver has a cosmic price. But it’s convenient and not heavy. Than to carry a motor auger. The ice is already under a meter. Under the barrels to drill with his hands bored. Although 10-15 years ago by 50 holes “gave” for the holes and nothing. still power left for vodka.
and so we go for several years) aks under the jacket and forward, in conjunction with a titanium auger just hurrah!
According to reviews, 150 is already a lot for a screwdriver, there are gear adapters, even with weak screwdrivers drill well, and a good probably and 180 easily pulls. market-toys.In this case, the drill bit is not like that, but it is for example, there are simpler and cheaper devices.
This model will pull easily, it has a torque of 120 Nm. But of course if we are talking about imported Mora and Rapala drills with semicircular blades. and it is a folding knee, it is always crooked. Tried to drill domestic (Barnaul) 160 mm, folding knee.
The side handle is not a necessary accessory, it’s better to press and guide from above
You have a screwdriver with less torque. At first it seemed to me, too, that the handle was an unnecessary detail. But when I took it off, I understood only then, it was comfortable, long one. The hand is much less tired, and it is much more convenient to control, to aim. It’s easier to lift the snow from the hole, and it’s generally more ergonomic.
We’ve been drilling for five winters with a screwdriver, no problems. Regular Tonar drill. Now we’ve got a tonar-tornado2. Here’s an ordinary one with a long insert:
Drilling with the screwdriver for the fifth winter, no problems. Regular tonar drill. Now we got a tonar-tornado2. Here’s an ordinary one with a long insert:
Of course there is no problem to drill within 2 meters from the car, the question is about the feasibility of drilling. Here you have changed a regular Tonar for Tonar “Tornado M2”, because its handle is normally folded, and the rod is telescopic, and the auger is neater made. Imagine that the MORA has the same thing, and the handle does not bend, and the blades do not blunt until they hit the sand. And when you drill you don’t have to push, but hold to keep from falling in. Weight 2.4 kg and the price is 30 more expensive than your new one.
What are the advantages of a home-made ice drill
About making an ice drill from an electric screwdriver, many fishermen want to know, who can not imagine their life without fishing and a good catch. Winter is the best time to fish. However, an obstacle on the way to the catch is a thick crust of ice, for punching which you can use an ordinary auger to dig holes in the ground for the installation of poles. Only this hand tool requires not only physical strength, but also time. Automatic device from an electric screwdriver allows you to drill a hole in seconds, which is the first and main advantage of self-made.
The second advantage of a homemade ice drill is that it can be made without any additional costs. over, it does not require any special knowledge and skills. The main costs that are needed to make a homemade is the cost of electricity consumed by the welding machine during welding work.
This is interesting! . The greater the number of turns on the screw, the correspondingly higher the price of the device. Number of turns on the device depends on the thickness of ice to be drilled.
By making an independent device, you can save a decent amount of money, as well as make the necessary length of drilling equipment. Before proceeding to the implementation of the idea, it is necessary to first pay attention to the tool, that is, a screwdriver. This low-power device must meet some requirements, which are described in the next section.
The advantage of the ice drill in winter fishing
During the winter, most bodies of water are icy. Narrow crust can be cut through, but an ice drill should be used if it is thick. If the hole is one, the device can be manual, but for successful fishing it is necessary to make at least 10 holes. The best solution to reduce labor costs is to use ice drills.
There is a wide range of 18V screwdrivers on the market that meet the price-quality ratio.
- Makita 8414 DWAE. The weight of the device does not exceed 3 kg. Torsional torque 63 Nm. Kit includes 2 batteries.
- Makita 8434 DWFE. Notable for its small size. Torsional torque is 64 Nm.
- Hitachi DS18DSFL. Quality electric screwdriver with lithium-ion battery. Battery capacity is only 1.5 Ampere.
- Bosch GSR 18 VE-2-Li. Kit includes 3 Amp lithium-ion batteries. Weight not more than 3 kg.
- Bosch GSR 18-2. Has a mass of 2 kg. Battery type is Nickel-Cadmium.
Before you buy, you should study the information about the top models and consider their specifications.
Features screw part manufacturing
Most fishermen are used to making their own different accessories. This is due to the fact that not everyone can afford to buy a quality device in the store, and even more so if it is mechanized. To make such a product you will need to prepare parts from the following list:
To connect all the individual elements will require electric welding. After all the parts are welded, they are polished with a grinder. The resulting product is painted to protect against corrosion. Given the complexity of such work, it will be necessary to contact a specialist. That’s why it’s better to buy the finished product in a store.
6-a.ru. Magic love, spells, reversals, incantations, omens, feng shui, name meaning, relationships, psychology, divination, tarot, runes, and much more
- Fortune-telling by coffee grounds is one of the oldest methods of divination, which has its origins in ancient.
- Your chosen one has become cold to you, but you never noticed this before. He’s often become va.
- Prediction by runes and magic has been around for a long time. They can answer all kinds of questions. You are in.
- Relationships are a frequent topic that women want to explore. Find answers to your.
- There are people who have lived their lives and know a lot, know how to do and know the answers to all questions of life.
- The unique reading on the coffee grounds on the present and the nearest future is popular in Russia
- Your appointments are getting rarer. The favorite always comes up with excuses to disrupt your plans and not to v.
- A system of amulets can tell you what to expect. Telling you life changes, what to.
- Each name has a meaning, is translated from other languages and means something. Already by the name of mn.
- You lived with a man, then he was like a substitute. Your fight led to a breakup. Now you’re alone in.
- The Eastern divination on the coffee grounds on the favorite is now available and online. This most ancient g.
- It happens that you’ve lived for many years, and you still don’t know about your partner’s attitude to your person. Can.
- There are situations in everyone’s life when you are looking for an answer in a dead-end situation and can’t find
- You meet a man, but still do not understand it to the end. You want to know what your wife thinks about the c.
- Life is different for different people. Some people are happy and they live without knowing what’s wrong. Other.
Coffee grounds divination is one of the oldest divination techniques that originated in the ancient East. After hundreds of years fortune-telling has not lost its popularity and to this day many people use fortune-telling by coffee
Your sweetheart finds constant excuses in front of you can look at other ladies. Maybe he misses your companionship and is looking for love on the side? We suggest that you do fortune-telling on our site.
Your favorite chosen one all the time says and promises that he will leave his wife. You’re tired of hearing his empty promises. Do you have courage in your chosen one, the spirit of determination?? Or does the wife have the upper hand in your.
You are not in a relationship with the opposite sex, but you are already interested in the name of the future chosen one? Will it be Russian or will life lead you to a foreigner? By the name you can determine the character of the person, his nature.
You are lonely and you are tired of coming to an empty apartment. No one meets you, hugs you and says the warm words you want to hear. In sad moments you have no one to comfort you? All holidays you are alone.
Girls always try to know everything in life beforehand. Fortune-telling on the soulmate is suitable for home Has your partner had many girls before you? Whether there are children from a past relationship? Has been in a marriage? Will the.
There are so many names in the world and each one has its own meaning. There are names that carry character in a person, courage, endurance, lack of fear, the desire for change. There are names that have simple notes of worldly existence, they want to hide.
Girls’ favorite divination is fortune-telling on the bridegroom. What it will be like.? Slim, handsome? Short and chubby? Will it be brought up? Hard Worker? Sincere with you in the relationship? Will you trust your partner?? Will the.
Making an ice drill from an electric screwdriver simple instructions
With the onset of winter, more and more often fishing lovers are wondering how to make an ice drill from an electric screwdriver homemade to simplify the process of catching fish.
Why use an electric screwdriver for such purposes, and not a drill or torch?? An electric screwdriver works on battery power, so it is not tied to a power source.
How to make an auxiliary device in the form of an ice drill, let’s find out in detail.
The usefulness of an ice drill for winter fishing
In winter all bodies of water are covered with a crust of ice, which is an obstacle to catching fish. If the ice is thin, it can be broken through, but it will take a lot of effort. Every experienced fisherman knows that one single hole is not enough for a good catch, so per day you need to make at least 10 holes in the ice to find your lucky spot.
The use of hand ice axes or shovels is popular, but only in places where the ice thickness does not exceed 50 cm. If the ice thickness is more than 50-60 cm, it is difficult to drill the ice by hand. Will help quickly and efficiently drill the ice such a useful tool, as an electric screwdriver, which probably in the winter period is lying idle in the garage.
For fishermen, there are ready-made hand ice axes, Such a unit is designed for manual work. To avoid having to buy a factory-made ice drill, it has a decent and no less reliable alternative.
Such an alternative is an ice axe from an electric screwdriver, which you can make completely with your own hands without additional financial costs. The principle of making a homemade ice drill is simple and uncomplicated, but to make it, you will need to choose a suitable power tool, as well as accessories for the construction of the nozzle itself.
It is worth noting that many people prefer to use a manual ice drill, which requires only a minor reconstruction to connect it with an electric tool.
What are the advantages of a homemade ice drill
About making an ice drill from an electric screwdriver, many fishermen want to know, who cannot imagine their life without fishing and a good catch. Winter is the best time to fish.
However, an obstacle on the way to the catch is a thick crust of ice, to break through which you can use an ordinary auger to dig holes in the ground for the installation of poles. Only this manual tool requires not only the expenditure of physical strength, but also time.
Automatic device from an electric screwdriver allows you to drill a hole in seconds, which is the first and main advantage of self-made.
The second advantage of self-made is the possibility of making it without additional costs. In addition, it does not require any special knowledge and skills. The main costs that are needed to make a self-made device are the cost of electricity consumed by the welder during welding work.
This is interesting! . The greater the number of turns on the auger, the correspondingly higher the price of the device. The number of turns on the device depends on the thickness of the ice to be drilled.
By taking on the manufacture of an independent device, you can save a decent amount of money, as well as make the necessary length of drilling equipment. Before proceeding to the implementation of the idea, it is necessary to first pay attention to the tool, that is, a screwdriver. This low-power device must meet some requirements, which are described in the following section.
Choosing the right electric screwdriver for the ice drill
To drill holes in ice, you need the right tool. As such an electric screwdriver is used. It has these advantages:
- Autonomy, which is realized through the use of removable batteries
- Low weight, which is very convenient, if you go fishing on foot
- Ease of use. the device does not need to start, refuel or adjust, such as a chainsaw
- Reliability. if you choose the right tool for the job, then there will be no problems with its use
- Quiet operation. if you compare with a chainsaw, the difference in the sound of the motor is significant, and, as you know, fishing needs silence
The choice of an electric screwdriver requires an appropriate approach. For an ice drill, you will need a power tool that meets the following requirements:
- Power. the higher power of the tool, the better. The amount of power depends on the voltage, and the higher the voltage, the more durable the device. For an ice drill, experts advise choosing a screwdriver that runs on batteries with a voltage of 18V or higher. If you use the device, which has a voltage of 9V or 12V, it is very likely that the electric motor of the device will break down quickly
- Torque. the higher the value, the better. The minimum value is considered to be 50 Nm, and for normal work, it is better to take screwdrivers, which have a torque value of 80-90 Nm
- Chuck rotation speed. chuck rotation speed should be small, so if you have a regulator, you should drill with an ice drill at the first speed. The first speed is 300 to 500 rpm, which is enough to make a hole with an ice drill. If the rotation speed is high, then it is necessary to make or buy an additional planetary gearbox to reduce the speed of the ice drill. The lower the speed, the higher the torque, and therefore the more efficient the tool. The use of a reduction gear allows the electric tool to be paired with a drill for drilling into the ground. An example of using an electric screwdriver for drilling into the ground, is shown in the video at the end of this material
- The presence of a handle. usually such a handle is present on drills and peorators, but expensive models of screwdrivers, which can also be used for drilling holes, have an additional handle in the package. With such a handle it is convenient to work with an ice drill, which has a weight that exceeds the weight of the tool by several times
Of course, it is better to take a tool with metal-hydride batteries, because they are more durable and reliable, but with the task of drilling ice cadmium nickel batteries can also cope, but with the varieties of batteries on the screwdrivers, we will get acquainted further.
Ice drill from an electric screwdriver on its own how to make it from improvised means
The scheme of making the considered nozzle is quite simple. For this purpose, it is necessary to take a drill for making holes in the ground for the installation of poles, and on its likeness to make a device for ice drilling. The main components of the future device:
- The cutting part is the head, which is designed to deepen the tool into the ice thickness and cut through the solid ice cover. As a cutting part, sharpened plates of hard steel are used (it is better to use alloy or tool steel)
- Auger part. has a coiled design, the main purpose of which is to lift the layer of ice, which is cut through by the cutting part, outward
- The shaft is the base on which the auger is attached, and with its help there is a connection of the nozzle with the power tool
How to make Powerful Electric Screwdriver
To avoid making the ice auger yourself, you can buy it. They are sold for drilling the ice by hand, and after purchase, all that is left to do is make a minor modification to connect the power tool to the auger. However, below we will consider the process of how you can make an ice drill yourself, and connect it to an electric screwdriver. To make a homemade ice drill, you will need to take the following materials:
- Hollow steel pipe with a diameter of 15-20 mm
- The steel plates from which the auger will be made. It should be noted right away that galvanized sheet steel is not suitable. For such purposes, you need material with a thickness of at least 1.5-2 mm. If this requirement is not taken into account, the auger will simply “shrink” when the tool is used
- Steel knives or plates that will be attached to the end of the auger part
Of the tools you will need to take a grinder to grind the sheet material, as well as a welding machine and an angle grinder. Drill can be useful to drill a hole to connect an electric screwdriver with a nozzle, as well as to fix the blades.
The initial step is to grind the sheet material. This is done in order that at the end of the work was possible to open the material with a painting substance. This will prolong the service life of the self-made drill (excluding the appearance of corrosion processes), as well as prevent its premature degradation. The manufacturing process is carried out in this sequence:
- First measure the length of the pipe you need, and then cut it off. The optimum length is 1 meter, which is sufficient for drilling a large thickness of ice
- A sheet material is welded to the pipe, which is bent into the shape of an auger. To simplify this task, the sheets should be cut into 20 cm pieces, and successively welded to the pipe base. The joints are carefully welded and then deburred with burrs or files
- The number of turns depends on the thickness of the ice to be drilled. Usually 5-6 turns are enough to make a good ice drill
- It is recommended to sharpen and weld the end of the pipe at the head, to prevent water from getting inside
- To the base of an existing screw to weld or attach cutting blades (plates) in the amount of 1-2 pieces. If there are two plates, they should be positioned at the same angle, which will ensure high performance of the device
- In the end a fastener is made on the shank to connect it to the adapter and the power tool chuck
At this point the ice drill making process is completed, and all that is left is to clean up the welding seams, and make painting of the nozzle to provide additional protection. After the paint dries, you can go to the test. As practice shows, every third inveterate fisherman makes ice augers in such way. It’s time to implement the idea yourself, because there is nothing difficult about it. If there are difficulties with the manufacture of the auger, you can ask for help from an experienced welder, who will produce an auger of any shape and size. Video on making the device in question in the material.
This is interesting! In order not to lose the home-made drill, which can jump out of the chuck and go to the bottom (literally), you should weld a large diameter washer to the shank. The diameter of this washer must be larger than the size of the hole to be drilled with the ice drill. If the nozzle comes off the chuck, the washer will hold it in place, thereby preventing it from “going to the bottom”.
How to make an ice drill with an electric screwdriver
So, now that all the elements necessary to make an ice pick with an electric screwdriver are considered, we can proceed directly to the assembly. There is nothing complicated here, when all parts are at hand:
Connecting the chuck with the auger through the adapter. That’s it. the automated ice drill from an electric screwdriver is ready.
As mentioned above, instead of a cordless electric screwdriver, you can use a wrench. It is more expensive because this tool is only available for professional use. But, it has a very strong body and is made of higher quality materials, so it will last longer.
For domestic drills, it is necessary to provide for the use of a reducing gear, which will prevent the unscrewing of the cartridge while drilling holes. It will also allow the use of less powerful screwdrivers, which will save some money.
Care instructions for the core drill
In order to enjoy the ice drill for a long time, it is necessary to take proper care of the tool.
- After using the auger, it is advisable to wipe it dry. The procedure is necessary even if there is an anti-corrosion coating.
- Store in a special casing. A thick cloth with slits for ventilation.
- In summertime grease machine oil (thin layer) the feet.
- It is forbidden to knock snow, ice from blades. This will result in a bluntness.
- Lubricate folding auger with machine oil to avoid jamming.
- Replace a loose nut immediately.
- Paint the exposed scratches to prevent corrosion.
- Apply a uniform load when drilling holes. It is important to take into account the thickness of the hatch, the rotational speed of the tool.The success of fast, high-quality drilling holes depends on the chosen model of auger and the technical characteristics of the electric screwdriver (nutrunner).
Satisfaction with the work of a self-assembled drill will depend on the correct assembly of the design with all the rules.Fishing is recreation, pleasure, and excitement.