Do-it-yourself trolley cart
- Designing a simple cart
- The need for brakes
Designing a simple cart
The simplest trailer can carry from 450 to 500 kilograms of cargo and can hold approximately 8 full bags of potatoes. If you study the drawing, it becomes clear that the self-propelled cart will consist of such typical elements as a body, carrier, frame, wheels, and others. The frame The best thing will be scolded from cut tubes with a round or rectangular cross-section, as well as iron corners. This should be done on a flat surface and with the introduction of electric arc welding. During work, it is necessary that the seam is uniform at all joints, which are then polished by an angle grinder. The resulting structure will be able to operate in areas with irregularities and small differences in height. Body with frame is usually fixed using pins.
In addition, the installation of springs is recommended to minimize the shaking that occurs when driving over potholes. A tipper wagon will NOT function without the aid of a wheel axle, which is a 1 meter long pin that is NOT more than three centimeters in diameter. It is important to make sure, when choosing a rod, that as a result its wheels do not go beyond the boundaries of the body. It will be possible to collect the parts by quarreling due to the support corners, as well as the frame beams from the kerchief, which have longitudinal hinges. By the way, since the main load will fall on the point where the trailer is directly connected, as well as on the turning zone, they should be additionally strengthened.
The body of the dump trailer is made either of metal or wood. boards or plywood. In any case, the thickness of the material should be at least 20 millimeters, and it would be better to strengthen it with steel corners. Props will be required to connect the frame and body. In their capacity, by the way, there can be strong 50 by 50 mm bars available on the farm. The center of gravity must NOT cross the straight line of the wheel pin, and stiffeners are required at the bottom and sides.
In addition, it is important to consider for what purposes the cart will be used. If bags with cargo will be transported in it, then folding sides are NOT necessary at all. Nevertheless, for unloading, it is worth providing an opening rear wall of the body or tipping mechanisms for turning the device over. Of course, all sides are allowed to be fixed. In addition, from the inside they must be smooth.
In order for the resulting trailer to attach to an existing tiller, a special part called a console is required. In this case, the connecting mechanism must be removed into the cylindrical body of the longitudinal hinge and secured with a special thrust ring. This will make it possible to create the independence of the cart wheels from the wheels of a tiller or other agricultural machinery, and therefore simplify the process of driving a moving vehicle. The hitch is formed from any suitable metal fragment, the length of which is determined so that the transport device is convenient to operate.
Wheels are usually assembled from scrap materials. stroller tires, combined with a central part taken from other parts. Both axles are sharpened to the diameter of the bearings of the motorcycle hub taken from the sidecar. For the wheel axle, a steel circle is required, the diameter of which reaches at least three centimeters, which will then be combined with the help of a quarrel with a longitudinal hinge and corner supports.
The bottom of the cart itself is more convenient to design from a metal plate, the thickness of which varies from 2 to 3 millimeters. Edged board, which is more affordable, but less stable, will also work.
This device will simplify the processing of a summer cottage, and will also help to transport various goods, ranging from hay and crops to the remaining garbage. Its production does not require expensive and complex materials; rather, most of them will be found in a home workshop. In this case, a home-made cart will be much more economical than a purchased one, because the latter will cost from 12 thousand rubles in the case of a new design and from 8 thousand when choosing a used one. The dimensions of the designed trailer depend on what kind of load it has to work with. For example, for the transportation of 2.5 centners of cargo, the cart must have a width equal to 1150 millimeters, a length of 1500 millimeters and a height of 280 millimeters.
When it is decided what parameters the planned cart corresponds to, it is worth making drawings, and then calculating the amount of material required, including the channel. Craftsmen recommend based on those details that are already at hand, and if necessary, something together. The profile pipe of rectangular or square section can be easily replaced by the round one that is available. All detected parts must be cleaned of corrosion spots and covered with a rust converter with a priming function. In accordance with the drawings, some of them will have to be corrected by removing unnecessary elements. Then all that remains is to fit and combine.
Of the tools that can be useful during work, experts call a welding machine, a drill or a full-fledged drilling machine, an angle grinder with roughing and cutting discs, as well as a special device equipped with rivets.
The need for brakes
Undoubtedly, it is worth supplementing a homemade trailer with a braking system. Otherwise, any descent from the hill can end in tragedy. The brakes on a cart are usually released from another vehicle, such as a regular car or a tiller. The most suitable parking mechanism is considered: it can be used to fix the trailer in an immovable state for a long time, stop it while driving, or even leave it at an angle. You can use the brake by pressing the lever or pedal.
To provide a trailer with the above function, as an option, a motorcycle brake drum and pads, as well as a motorcycle wheel spokes, are required. The implementation of the direct alteration will take place with the introduction of a welding machine and pliers. Pre-used discs are freed from ropes and rods and sharpened into a specialist. Next, the drums are put on the hubs and fixed at the back. The resulting empty space between the ribs will have to be filled, wrapped the ribs themselves with ordinary metal wire.
At the next stage, the discs are arranged on the axle and fastened with bushings. In addition, it is worth welding to fix a small fragment of a metal part, for example, a corner, to prevent the disc from moving. The cables are mounted on drums and reach the place where the driver can apply the brake, usually a lever or pedal.
How to make a trolley for a tiller with your own hands, see the following.
DIY trolley for a motorized towing vehicle
A motorized towing vehicle (motorized dog) is a device for transporting goods, traveling through snow and wetlands. The towing vehicle itself has a caterpillar track, complemented by a sled. A sleigh trailer is convenient in winter, provided there is a large snow cover, however, in summer or in snowless winters, using such a trailer is problematic.
Agricultural machinery manufacturers offer a wide range of trailers, adapters and a cart, including for a motorized towing vehicle. Some owners of such equipment create a cart with their own hands. Its design is practically no different from the tiller cart.
The main difference between a motorized towing vehicle, which dictates the features of a trailer device, is a caterpillar track. These vehicles are ideal off-road, so the trailer must meet the same requirements.
Two types of trailers are recommended for a motorized dog: a loading platform and a skidder. Both options are difficult to implement, so it is better to adapt the finished cart for the tiller. The drawings and dimensions for the trolley and tiller will be almost the same, so you can use any.
The main feature of the trailer for this type of equipment is the low pressure wheels. They have a high shock-absorbing effect and are excellent for off-road use. A cart with such wheels can be used at any time of the year. Such a modification requires reinforcement of the wasp from the carriage, as well as fastening the wheels. All other parts of the cart can remain unchanged.
How to make a trolley for a tiller with your own hands: drawings and dimensions, photos,
Trolley trolley. trailed equipment for universal agricultural motor vehicles for transporting goods on personal and land plots. With the help of such a mechanism, garbage, animal feed, building materials, fertilizer, grain, inventory are transported.
The trailer and tiller adapter are varieties of DIY made by a skilled mechanic. The adapter is a longitudinal beam with its own chassis, driver’s seat and footrest. This module makes it possible to cultivate the soil in a sitting position, as well as attach 2 equipment at once. in front and behind.
The trolley is a type of adapter with a difference in the design of the chassis.
A purchased cart for a tiller is expensive. To save financial resources, craftsmen make it themselves, design construction drawings, select the necessary materials. The process of creating such a useful vehicle is NOT time-consuming or difficult. Even a beginner, at least a little versed in technology, can handle it.
A brief overview will help you understand the question of how to make a trolley cart for a tiller yourself with good performance.
Materials and tools
To work, you need the following tools:
- Angle grinder for cutting parts;
- Welding machine;
- Welding electrodes;
- Regular construction square for measuring angles.
When manufacturing a trailed structure, you will need the following materials and parts:
- Metal profile pipes of square or rectangular cross-section;
- Wheels and springs;
- Duralumin sheets 2 mm thick;
- Steel sheets;
- Channel # 5;
- Metal corners;
- Metal rod;
All parts, especially if these are remnants of old metal products, are carefully inspected for damage, cracks, cleaned of rust, cut off.
Before carrying out work on the manufacture of a trailer, it is necessary to develop a detailed action plan and adhere to it.
The work plan for the manufacture of a trailer for a tiller is as follows:
- At the preparatory stage, it is necessary to get acquainted with the device of the mechanism, analyze its functionality depending on the power of the tiller.
- Sketch the structure. A self-made trailer diagram will greatly simplify the work.
- Calculate the dimensions of the tiller cart.
- Design a drawing of the trolley, on which to render the main units, parameters and dimensions of parts.
- Plan the principle of operation of the main and additional devices, think over ways of connecting all nodes and parts, their functioning.
- Prepare a list of required materials and tools.
- Will begin the assembly and finishing process.
Depending on the ability to transport cargo, trailers are divided into 3 types:
- Simple 1-axis attachment for tillers up to 70 kg load capacity. Its design is simple and inexpensive.
- Universal cart with a carrying capacity of up to 110-120 kg. It is often used in the household.
- Tiller trolleys with a lifting capacity of over 120 kg. Such mechanisms are designed to move heavy loads, therefore, they have a more complex device, respectively, the cost of materials for the frame and cladding increases. The functionality of this technique is expanding.
Based on these parameters, choose the material for strength for the frame and finishing of the mechanism.
Tillers and motor-cultivators on trailers consist of the following basic elements:
- Hitch or drawbar;
- Driver’s seat;
- Steering gear;
To withstand heavy loads, a homemade tiller cart is reinforced with special stiffeners.
For a 1-axle trailer, a manual device is sufficient. A 2-axle tipper wagon with a heavy lifting capacity must be hydraulically operated against tipping.
With a lifting capacity of over 350 kg, the self-propelled cart is equipped with braking parts for safety. Mechanical brakes can be made by yourself. If these details are not taken into account, then during an overload during descent from a hill, the tiller’s trolley with its own hands will not be able to stop and overturn. In order for it to remain in the working position after disconnecting from the tiller, set stops.
In order to understand how to make a cart to the tiller with your own hands, you need to perform the following algorithm of operations:
- For the manufacture of a supporting welded rigid frame, take 5 pipe blanks, cut off the ends of an angle grinder.
- Press the chipboard with clamps to the letter of the chipboard and weld the joints of 3 longitudinal blanks with 2 perpendicular so that they create a lattice frame.
- Check the geometry of the structure with a regular construction square. Angles of connected ribs Must be 90 °.
- Install spacers between the tacked workpieces in the corners of the bottom and in the center, Tack welding.
- Make tacks to the longitudinal pipes of the bottom with a welding electrode 4 vertical posts in the corners.
- Check the perpendicularity of the corners, compare the dimensions of the sides of the structure with the dimensions in the drawing of the cart for the tiller.
- Finally, weld all workpieces to each other, grind the welded seams, clean them of sagging and formations.
- The body can be made of plywood or wooden planks, while the corner joints are fixed with steel corners.
- Boards are mounted on the frame and bolted.
- durable sides of the master are made of steel sheets. The sides can be hinged and fixed. Hinged sides of the body are considered more rational, because unloading cargo of large volumes is easier. The sides are also made from metal pipes of square or rectangular cross-section. They are performed, like the frame, they are grabbed, the geometry is checked for strength and to avoid braces and deviations, they are finally welded, rigidly attached to the frame. The tailgate is attached with ordinary door hinges and equipped with latch bolts.
- Take a metal rod with a diameter of 30 mm and a length of about 1050 mm to make an axle for wheels, connect it to the longitudinal hinge and corner supports. The length should be chosen so that it does NOT go beyond the wheels. Sharpen it to the required diameters of the bearings in the hubs.
- As a chassis, you can take a wheelbase from a scooter, stroller, wheelbarrow or other agricultural machinery. Heavy wheels from a car trailer with a hub are NOT recommended to be installed.
- For the manufacture of the drawbar, 2 profile pipes with a diameter of 25×50 mm and a length of about 1.85 m are taken, they are welded to the frame beam so that a triangular structure is obtained. For reinforcement in the corners, metal scarves with a thickness of 4 mm are attached by welding, a plate with a thickness of 8 mm is attached in front of the carts.
- Tipper technology includes the installation of door hinges attached to the bottom of the beam and to the bottom strut.
- The frame made of the structure is sheathed with wooden boards, plastic or metal.
- The driver’s seat on a tiller with a trolley is installed ready-made or in the form of homemade boxes from a piece of chipboard and foam rubber sheathed with dermantin. Such boxes are necessary to hide inventory and materials.
- The machine’s parking brake can be used as a brake. Fix the brake pedal, made of 6 mm thick plate, on the footrest under the seat, weld on 2 corners. Install a pedal in the front part, in the back. a plate with 2 holes for fastening brake cables, the ends of which are connected to a T-shaped plate with a rod.
In this way, you can make a trolley for a tiller with your own hands.
A wheelbarrow for a tiller do it yourself
A wheelbarrow for a tiller is an irreplaceable assistant in the household. This device allows you to transport goods (crops, garbage, building materials, etc.). You can make a trolley for a tiller with your own hands from auto parts or from SEPARATE materials. In both cases, you will need a quarrel and certain design skills. The wheelbarrow assumes the simplest design, any drawing of a trailer for tilers is suitable for its creation.
For the Neva MB-2 tiller, a hinged wheelbarrow with an H-shaped coupling is suitable. This type of connection is versatile and easy to manufacture. The hitching point of the wheelbarrow and the tiller is one of the most important units that receive a large load, therefore the materials for its creation must be strong, it is mandatory to check for defects (cracks, rust).
A wheelbarrow for a tiller consists of a frame, sides and wheels. If you add a seat and a steering column to it, you get an analogue of a mini-tractor. Any of the options for a wheelbarrow for a tiller can be made from improvised means, there are many photos on the Internet with the process of assembling devices.
Do you use trailers, adapters and tiller cars?