Grass trimmer reel repair with your own hands
In this article, we will describe in detail the procedure of how to remove the grass trimmer spool. Step-by-step instructions with the attached video will help a beginner and an experienced user to remove the element of the system on their own and clean it or replace it with a new one. Before you remove the grass trimmer reel, it is imperative that it be plugged. for gasoline models, or power off. for electric trimmers. We will demonstrate one traditional dismantling scheme, but in different models of trimmers the way of attaching the spool to the tool may differ. With your own hands you can not only remove the old model of the spool, but also change it for a new one, if such a need arises. So, step by step scenario:
- Unplug the tool or turn off the engine (for chain saws).
- Carefully remove the spool cap that holds the coil spring in place.
- We press the latches symmetrically located on both sides with one hand and carefully remove the cover with the other.
- Look for the hole in the gear cup, located on the side or top, and align it with the same hole in the hub of the shaft.
- Using a hexagonal key or a metal rod we push it through the gearbox hole to prevent the possible turning of the shaft.
- Remove the mowing bobbin, on which the line for the trimmer is wound.
- In the depth will be visible slightly recessed screw. It can be unscrewed with a Phillips-head screwdriver or a slotted screwdriver.
- Hold the head body with one hand and unscrew the screw with the other, counterclockwise.
- With a slight wiggle. remove the mowing head. Even if it’s a little stuck, apply more effort delicately and with the same rocking. remove it. Often the movements are made in the hand of the clock, but there are also spools that are unscrewed in the other direction.
- Reassembly takes place in the opposite order.
It is necessary to remove the bobbin when it is damaged, when the line is wound (which is undesirable and indicates an illiterate choice of tackle), as well as when it is necessary to wind a new cord on a new reel or to replace the cutting tackle. The “KosiKosa” store will always offer you an inexpensive reel for grass trimmer.
How to remove the grass trimmer head: basic rules
To remove the trimmer head you need to adhere to the elementary rules in the work with a brushcutter and electric counterpart, and the main ones we will name:
- To unscrew the reducer, use a special hexagon or a screwdriver to gently dip it into the hole in the reducer head. The latter can become very clogged with grass and blend in with the overall color, so. delicately clean and find it;
- It is imperative that the shaft be jammed so that it does not rotate;
- Be especially careful when dismantling a broken or cracked reel. its elements can be all over the place;
- Many gasoline mower users today are looking for “grass trimmer to remove the head” on the web, and we in instructive articles and videos also do Accent on different types of threads. consider the nuances of your tool;
- It’s practiced to turn the tool upside down with the motor, laying it on a horizontal surface for ease of operation;
- Shock and abrupt efforts made when removing the mowing head. inappropriate, as the plastic delicate body can be damaged;
- Install a new coil or an old one, if it is still usable, should be on a cleaned tool.
- The new tackle must meet the parameters of the old one. Installation of another component whose characteristics do not match the power of the weed whacker may adversely affect its elements and the operation of the mechanism as a whole;
- We recommend working with a cleaned tool to prevent debris and small grass particles from entering the holes;
- Locking the reducer by sliding a screwdriver into the slot is a mandatory procedure when installing a new reel or removing an old one;
- Be aware of the prevalence of left-hand threads on the gearbox of most trimmers;
- Do not forget to remove the screwdriver from the reducer slot when you have finished reassembling the reel;
- All fixing and removal should be done delicately, remembering that the reel is made of thin plastic;
- Do not screw the new spool (or the old one in its place) too tight, as it will be impossible to remove it after working hours the next time you remove it. You also do not need to fix too easily. weigh the load placed on this assembly during work and the resistance of the cutting material;
- If you need instead of the reel on the grass trimmer to determine the knife or bobbin. analog cutting tackle, the gear unit is also carried out, twisting is carried out according to the same scheme, but the installation itself is slightly different due to the specifics of each individual tackle. Mount knives on the grass trimmer with a spool in the case when the tool functionally works with different types of gear.
If you need to buy fishing line for grass trimmer, you can do it on the expanses of our website, and how to properly mount and replace it. we will gladly tell you in our articles.
Choosing a line
It is important not to miscalculate with the choice of consumable material so that the threading of the line into the trimmer head is successful. The thicker the cord you thread, the thicker and tougher the grass it can cut. A universal line with a diameter of 2 mm is often used for the trimmer. You can find the right diameter for your mower in the following ways:
- Look for information about line thickness in the instruction manual that came with your trimmer.
- Pay attention to the bobbin itself. Sometimes it is marked with information about the possible diameters of the line.
- Another option is to try inserting a cord into the outlet. If it fits through without difficulty, then the chosen line diameter is suitable.
Grass trimmer reel Choose a cord according to the type of motor. If the line for the trimmer will be too thick, then the resistance to rotation will increase. the engine in this case will greatly overheat and will soon fail. Useful recommendations:
- For an electric device with an engine less than 500 V, a 1.3 mm cord is fine. If you could not find one, you can use a 1.6 mm trimmer line. If the power is more than 1 kW, choose a 2 mm cord diameter.
- The gasoline grass trimmer has a shaft mower. A 2 mm cord is often used for the bent version. If the shaft is straight, then install a 2.4-2.5 or 3 mm thread. The thickest line for the trimmer is installed on powerful devices. from 1.3 kW.
Pay attention to the type of cord cross-section as well. Some popular options:
- The most common round cross-section lines. They mow fresh grass well, but cope less well with shrubs, dead wood.
- Twisted (spiral) cord is not very strong, but not bad for thin young grass.
- A serrated thread with sharp edges is ideal for large weeds in a neglected area.
- You can mow the lawn more evenly with a rectangular, starred or square grass trimmer line, but they are not very durable.
- The strongest cord is a two-part cord with an inner core and a circular cross-section.
Types of fishing line for grass trimmer Note that instead of using a fishing line wire, metal strings and ropes, as well as ordinary fishing line can not. The device will be dangerous for both the user and others. So the rope or similar products will gradually begin to work, as a result, their ends will unravel, and the small pieces will fly with great speed.
How to wind the line for the trimmer on the reel of the Patriot grass trimmer?
Almost every beginner faces the problem of changing a fishing line when using a grass trimmer. Despite the fact that it is very easy to change the line for the trimmer, it is necessary to learn how to do it correctly. Replacing a fishing line with the proper skill will not take more than five minutes. it is enough to constantly exercise it. In this article we will consider how to change the line on the example of trimmers Patriot.
What line to choose for your trimmer
Before you stock up on this material for filling in the trimmer for grass, you need to decide on the choice. After all, the usual so-called round line for the trimmer is not the only type that exists. How to choose the most suitable one? First of all, you need to determine the working conditions.
Choice by type. A line for a trimmer with a round section is the most common. It fits on any reel, with very few exceptions. This type of consumable material is suitable for mowing fresh, lush grass. But this type can no longer do the job of mowing so-called dead wood. Attempts to mow shrubs with this line are pointless to mention.
In addition to the usual type, there are others with sharp edges. Usually they are made in “star” or “square” patterns. The presence of sharp edges is the main feature and the key difference between these threads.
It is thanks to this feature, the threads of these types are able to mow dry weeds. But sharp-edged threads are not without disadvantages, chief among which are fast wear and tear and durability, noticeably inferior to the round type.
In addition to the already mentioned types of fishing line, there are other interesting and common varieties. Particularly noteworthy among them are fishing lines, inside of which there is a metal wire. Threads of this type are often used in tools that run on gasoline and have an engine with more than one and a half horsepower.
Metallic core yarns are available in round and sharp edged designs. Regardless of the cross-sectional type, these filaments are best suited to tackle hard-to-mow plants. This type of threads can easily cut not only dry grass, but even small bushes.
Filaments with wire inside favorably differ from other types of consumables by their incredible durability. But unfortunately, this feature has more than a noticeable impact on the price of this type of. The cost of filaments with a core is much higher than the cost of other types of filaments.
Choice of thickness
In addition, you should pay special attention to the thickness of the consumable material. A filament with a diameter of one and a half millimeters is good for mowing young grass. The larger the diameter of the line, the drier and coarser the weeds it can handle.
There is a “but” when choosing a line by thickness. It is important not only to evaluate the material’s capabilities, but also to take into account the features of the grass trimmer. Be sure to look in the owner’s manual that came with the tool and find information about the requirements for the cutting element.
Use of unsuitable thread may lead to tool failure. Using too thick a thread will overload the motor of the device. And using too thin a thread will increase the wear on the torque mechanism many times over.
That’s why you should choose your line just as responsibly as you do when putting it in your weed trimmer. When a suitable line for the trimmer is found and purchased, you can begin to consider how to wind it on the spool.
How to wind the trimmer fishing line onto the grass trimmer reel
Threading fishing line into the tool reel is, at first glance, not a simple matter. But it is enough to study this process attentively. and further all necessary actions will be made without any difficulties.
To find out how to thread fishing line into a grass trimmer, it’s worth reading this guide. The step-by-step instructions below take into account the features of different types of trimmer reels, so they apply to any tool.
- The fishing line reel is the bottommost part of the grass trimmer. First and foremost, of course, it is necessary to remove this head from the device. To do this, you need to fix the rod (or, in other words, the shaft) on which the spool is attached. It is required to fix it so that it does not rotate. It is easiest to do this by placing between the threads of the shaft through a special hole a kind of stupor (preferably metal). When the shaft is locked, you can unscrew the bobbin.
- At this stage, it is necessary to remove the bobbin from the head, on which the line for the trimmer is attached. To do this you need to disassemble the head into elements. To do this, first locate the retainer on the bobbin case. It is located on the circumference of the product and is similar to a button. When the catch is found, press it firmly. Keeping the latch pressed, you need to turn the head cover clockwise. Then remove the cover and take out the bobbin.
- There is a tight spring between the bobbin and the head. It must be temporarily set aside so that it does not interfere with the winding process. Inspect the bobbin before you start winding the line. If there are remnants of the old line on it, they must be removed. When the bobbin is clean, you can begin preparing a new bobbin.
- From the pre-prepared skein of new fishing line it is necessary to measure and cut off six (maximum. seven) meters. The bobbin must be within easy reach.
At this point, actually begins a key stage, which is devoted to this article.
The first method of winding the line
The correct amount of line has been cut. Now it is necessary to carefully inspect the bobbin to understand what type it belongs to. This depends on how it is to wind the line for the trimmer.
There are two types of bobbins. In general, they do not differ much from each other. Regardless of the type, the bobbin is divided into two compartments. the upper and lower. The first type has a split edge which is not overlapped into a ring and has a recess.
In the second type it is solid, but near it on both sides there are small through holes. The way of winding the thread should be studied depending on which of the above types the spool belongs to.
- The previously prepared six-meter segment should be bent in half. It is best not exactly in the middle, but so that one half is about fifteen centimeters longer.
- Then insert the folded point into the recess in the separating edge. One half of the line should be at the top of the spool and the other half at the bottom.
- Now you can start winding. Wind it in the direction of the arrow on the bobbin. When winding, hold the threads so that they do not intertwine and the upper half is wound into the top of the bobbin and the lower half is wound into the bottom of the bobbin. At each half about fifteen centimeters from the end should be left free.
- There are small notches (or grooves) in the top edge of the bobbin to hold the consumables in place. The ends of the threads should be inserted into these notches so that they are secured one against the other.
- The final stage of threading the consumable material into the tool. the ends fixed on the bobbin need to be slipped into the appropriate holes in the head of the grass trimmer.
- That’s it. The winding process is complete. Now all that remains is to assemble the head into one piece. The spring is carefully placed back between the bobbin and the head. Then you need to insert the bobbin into the head and press them together.
- Pull the loose ends of the thread further out. To do this, take turns pulling the ends of the consumable so as to pull them out of the slots of the bobbin. Check that the cutter is out of the retaining grooves by pulling the threads out so that they can exit through the head slots without obstruction.
- Press the bobbin down and place the cover over it. The cover should be screwed to the head so that all the grooves on their housings align and the bobbin remains fixed between them.
- And finally, the last action. screw the head back into place at the bottom of the tool.
The process is complete. the trimmer line is wound into the spool. The grass trimmer is now ready for use.
The second method of winding
- The previously prepared section of six meters long, you need to bend exactly in the middle and cut. That makes two bars of equal length.
- At one end of each segment you need to make a small “hook”. To do this, bend a couple of centimeters from the edge and briefly fix it so that the “hook” does not unbend.
- Then take a single length. The “hook” is inserted into the through hole at the top of the bobbin.
- Now the key stage can begin. the winding. The direction in which to wind is indicated by an arrow on the bobbin. It is important to ensure that the line for the trimmer is wound strictly within the upper part of the spool. Do not wind the thread all the way to the end. about fifteen centimeters should be left free from the end.
- There are small notches (called grooves) in the upper edge of the spool to hold the consumables. The free “tail” of the line must be inserted into one of these notches.
- The upper part of the spool is tucked in. Now we need to do the same procedure with the bottom part. Take the second section of thread. “Hook” is threaded into the through hole in the bottom of the bobbin.
- After that you can start winding the line for the trimmer (within the lower compartment). And this section should also be left free about fifteen centimeters from the end. This remaining “tail” must be inserted in the notch opposite to the one in which the end of the first piece is inserted.
How to wind the line for the trimmer on the grass trimmer spool
The line for the trimmer in the trimmer head can run out at the most inopportune moment, when work is in full swing. To avoid time-consuming and time-consuming changes of fishing line, we recommend that you familiarize yourself with the process theoretically beforehand. In our article you will learn all the ins and outs, from the choice of consumables to the winding of different types of spools.
Each trimmer manufacturer recommends a line for trimmer, or cord, of a certain diameter. a spool is made for it. It can be from 1.2 to 4 mm: check the manual for the acceptable line size for your tool. For example, many trimmers maximum value is 3 mm (recommended for hard grass). a thicker cord will not work. For mowing young, soft vegetation, a thin trimmer line of 1.2 to 1.6 mm is suitable. Also pay attention to the shape of the filament: round filament is the strongest and best for hard grass, curly filament for soft grass, coiled or notched filament for thin stems. Depending on what kind of grass grows on the site. lawn or weeds, buy the appropriate consumables. The length of the reel can be from a few tens to several hundred meters, and its price depends on this. The amount of work to be done must be taken into account. If you use a grass trimmer in a household, there is no need to buy a roll of more than 100 m.
Important to know! Buy only brand-name lines for your trimmer, which are recommended by the grass trimmer manufacturer. It is made of quality materials and is strong. it will cut through grass very well and not wear out so quickly.
For one threading of the line in the bobbin, a length of 2 to 4 m is necessary. it all depends on its thickness and the manufacturer’s recommendations. If you wind more line, it will be hard to move it and you may have trouble pulling the new ends in. Unwind the desired amount and cut with a knife.
Useful tip: Place the cord in water for 30 minutes, then it will become more elastic and stronger.
To insert the trimmer line into the trimmer head, you must remove it from the tool. Depending on the design, this can be done by pushing in the clamps or unscrewing the knob. Note the direction of thread. right or left. and turn the thumbscrews accordingly. Usually the direction of rotation is indicated by an arrow on the trimmer head body. Wearing gloves for this operation is recommended to prevent slipping of your fingers and getting your hands dirty.
Disassembling the mowing head
The line for the trimmer is wound on the bobbin, which is hidden in the body of the trimmer head. To get to it, you need to disassemble the element. The housing has snap-lock fasteners, which, when pressed, make it easy to remove the lid of the housing. Sometimes disassembly is carried out by unscrewing the body.
Be careful! Remember the order in which the elements are installed, how the spring and the fixing screw are located inside the head. Carefully stack all the parts in one place so that nothing gets lost and no problems arise during assembly.
Trimmer heads differ in structure, the type of spool and the principle of pulling the line. Once you disassemble the case you will see the bobbin and determine which type it is. There are products with a border in the middle which divides the reel into upper and lower parts for each end of the line. For products without it, the line winding is continuous. To make the process more understandable we suggest to use the table.
different types of spools of fishing line
with separating bead
Without separating bead
We have described how to wind the line for the trimmer into the reel of the grass trimmer with two tendrils. This is the most common. But there are other ways to do it. For example, if the mowing head has a single strand, the line is wound without folding the trimmer line. Rotate in the direction indicated on the bobbin case and the free end of the cord is temporarily fixed in the slit on the case. For trimmers with four arms the consumables are four short bars that are inserted one after the other into the holes of the already assembled head.
Useful tip: When winding the fishing line, be careful not to pull it too tight so it doesn’t sit too tight in the spool. Make sure the line can be pulled out freely.
Assembling the trimmer head
After the line for the trimmer is wound onto the bobbin, the body must be assembled. Position the spool so that the line ends can be pulled into the output holes of the trimmer head. The slots in the bobbin where they are temporarily inserted will keep them from slipping out. If you don’t have any of these slots, hold the ends with your fingers as you place the bobbin in the bobbin case. After inserting the free ends into the exit holes, close the cover and fasten it with clips or screws. Attach the mowing head to the grass trimmer and extend the line ends to the correct length so that they do not touch the blade guard when working. Done! You can get to work!
Thus, theoretically knowing the algorithm for replacing the line in the trimmer head, you can easily and quickly cope with this task. Most importantly, take your time and carefully inspect the design of the bobbin before first replacing it. If you have any difficulties with disassembling the body, you can always refer to the instruction manual, where the fixing mechanisms are necessarily indicated. This will help avoid breakdowns due to negligence. You can buy fishing line for trimmer and other consumables for trimmer in our online store.
The main troubles of the coil
Electric trimmer and lawnmower users often encounter a problem related to the semi-automatic mowing head. Faults on the spool can be as follows:
the trimmer line does not extend automatically
If the grass trimmer spool button lightly strikes the ground and the trimmer line does not extend, then the reasons for this may be.
Variant 1. jamming occurred, t.е. cord jammed between coils. This problem usually appears if the user has wound the line for the trimmer on the spool unevenly, with crossed turns, or wound it with insufficient tension. In the last case the cord starts to get caught due to the centrifugal force when the mowing head rotates at high revolutions and as a result the line may be caught between the threads. To correct the problem you need to disassemble the spool on the trimmer and rewind the line correctly, i.e. with even coils and good tension.
Option 2. The ends are too short and stick out of the head. The trimmer line may not come out when hitting the ground, if its ends sticking out of the head are not long enough (short). In this case the centrifugal force is not enough to cause the trimmer line to extend. It is therefore necessary to stop the machine (turn off the engine or unplug the electric grass trimmer) and pull the line for the trimmer manually by pre-pressing the button.
Variant 3. trimmer line is soldered inside the mowing head. This causes the spool to stall and not spin when the button is pressed. In general, there are several reasons for this: poor-quality filament, overheating during extended use of the machine, or line striking hard objects.
- In the first case, the third-party cord can be made of low-quality and fusible materials that can not withstand mechanical and thermal. It is therefore necessary to give preference to “proprietary” lines.
- But, if you still bought a line of unknown quality for a trimmer, and it often solders during work, you can follow the example of some users, who after filling the cord in the spool, lubricate it with either silicone grease (from a can) or mineral oil. This procedure makes it much less likely that the line will solder to each other.
- Also the line for the trimmer may melt if it hits a hard object (a rock, a fence, a dry branch, etc.) while mowing.д.). As a result, it stretches a little and retracts back into the head with great speed. The friction causes the cord to heat up and the coils to stick together. The only thing you can do to fix this problem is to open the grass trimmer reel and rewind the trimmer line.
Cord spontaneously lengthens
There are situations when the user of the grass trimmer notices a very fast consumption of fishing line. At the same time, he or she has never hit the ground with a button to lengthen the line. The reason why a line for a trimmer unintentionally lengthens, being cut on a special knife on the cover of the device, may be the lack of a spring in the mowing head. Often beginner grass trimmer users, when trying to load line into the reel, forget to install the clamping spring in the head, or lose it altogether when opening the cover, and later they don’t even suspect its existence.
Also a line for a trimmer can be extended without a button, if the spring is loose. If checking the spring confirms this fact, you need to put some washers under it to strengthen its clamping properties.
How to Remove and Replace a Trimmer Filament
Trimmer owners, mainly beginners, get confused, bordering on panic, when it becomes necessary to change cutting tools or line in the trimmer reel. Very often when trying to unscrew the mowing head, users simply cause it to fail, unaware that it unscrews in the opposite direction. To avoid this, if you need to replace the tool, it is recommended that you read the following step-by-step guide.
- Before tucking the line for the trimmer into the reel, turn off the brushcutter engine or de-energize the electric grass trimmer to avoid injuries that may occur if the cutting tool accidentally starts rotating.
- Unscrew the tool head that is attached to the gearbox shaft. To do this, the shaft must be secured by aligning the holes on the washer and on the axle, and inserting a metal bar or screwdriver into them.
- Unscrew the nozzle. Be aware that the threads on the shaft are left-handed. Therefore, turn the reel of the grass trimmer to the right, i.e. clockwise.
- Disassemble the mowing head. The head cover is most often locked in place. To remove it, you will need these locks to sink into the body, pushing the edges of the cover. In the case of your trimmer has a semi-automatic mowing head that has a button on the bottom, then the disassembly of the head must be done carefully, because you can lose the spring that sometimes flies out when you remove the cover.
- Cut out the amount of fishing line needed. It is usually 5 meters long. Use cord of the diameter indicated in the instruction manual of the tool. It is not recommended to exceed the maximum diameter of the line, as this will lead to increased load on the engine and greater gasoline consumption.
- Find the center of the cord by folding it in half. You will have a hinge.
- There are special grooves (there may be holes) inside the coil. Insert the loop of fishing line in this groove.
- Wind the line for the trimmer onto the spool by turning it counterclockwise. The cord should be wound as evenly as possible, with no overlap and good tension. When you have finished winding it, leave about 20 cm of free fishing line, and fix the ends in the slots on the sides of the spool.
- Assemble the mowing head. Remember to insert the spring and washer (if present) before finally assembling the nozzle. Insert the spool into the body, and thread the ends of the cord through the holes or eyelets.
- Put on the cover and secure it with the latches.
- Screw the nozzle back onto the reducer shaft, also securing it with a screwdriver. Screw the grass trimmer reel to the left (counterclockwise). arrows).
Grass trimmer reel design
Trimmer mowing heads come in a variety of designs. both simple and complex. The picture below shows a semi-automatic trimmer head from a Husqvarna brushcutter (Husqvarna) disassembled.
This type of head is present in the set of most gasoline mowers and electric trimmers, such as STIHL (STIHL), Patriot (Patriot), Champion (Champion), Bosch (Bosch), Huter (Huter) and others. The design of the mowing head is quite simple. It includes the following parts:
- the base of the mowing head;
- button for semi-automatic filament feed;
- Bobbin (bobbin), where the line for trimmer is set;
- eyelets. through them the line for the trimmer goes out;
- trimmer head cover;
- lines for trimmer (cord).
Step-by-step instructions for winding the grass trimmer bobbin and brush cutter
To make sure you have the right line for your tool, first disassemble the trimmer head and look at the side of the spool. This information is usually provided as a hint to prevent you from making a mistake with the proper equipment.
If the spool has information on what diameter of fishing line can be filled, this information can be specified in the instructions. Having decided on the thickness or diameter of the latch, it remains to figure out how to charge it. This can be done in two ways, but not all of them are applicable. We will consider both methods in detail, and depending on what models of mowers and trimmers you use, you will determine which option is suitable.
Design of the trimmer head
On the Russian market, the most popular are considered semi-automatic trimmer heads. A typical representative of mechanisms of this type is a universal semi-automatic head, which is equipped with electric grass trimmers and lawnmowers of such famous brands as Bosch, Huter, Husqvarna, etc. Its device is shown in the figure.
- body (pos.6) with a cover (pos.1), equipped with special eyelets (pos.5) through which the cutting cord is led out;
- the bobbin (pos.3) on which the line for the trimmer is wound (pos.7);
- the clamping spring (pos. 4).
There are other, simpler heads.
Typical malfunctions and troubleshooting
It is natural that during the operation the owners of trimmers face various faults of mowing heads. Most often, however, they involve some difficulty in pulling (lengthening) the cutting filament from the spool. The most common causes for a non-feeding line are “catching” between the coils or sticking.
If the string is not fed
In this case, the fault is caused by improper winding of the cutting filament. String for trimmers can be wound with insufficient tension, that causes intertwining of threads and string entanglement. As the spool rotates, the cutting cord is tightened by the resulting centrifugal force, which in turn traps the free end of the line between the coils. To remedy this fault, you need to remove the spool, disassemble it and rewind the line in such a way that the lines are evenly spaced and pressed together firmly.
If the line is sticking
The line coils in the mowing head itself may be sticking together:
Tip! To prevent the cords from sticking together inside the mowing head, experts recommend applying a thin layer of silicone grease to the surface of the string after inserting it in the spool. In addition, it is better not to use fishing line for trimmer from unknown manufacturers.
If the user is still unable to prevent the line from sticking together, the grass trimmer reel must be removed and the existing cord must be replaced with one of higher quality.
If the consumption of the line is too high
if semi-automatic mowing heads are used, the user may experience an acceleration in cord consumption due to spontaneous cord elongation. This is usually caused by a loose spring inside the coil. You can fix the problem by putting some washers under the spring.
Gardena Electric Lawnmower Repair (Changing the Coil)
The guaranteed output of a factory grass trimmer will inevitably require a change in the mowing line. Having a very rough idea of how to insert the trimmer fishing line into the grass trimmer spool by themselves, beginners are reluctant to go into this business. But with some ability, mastering this simple science is not difficult, and similar instructions below will make such a process much easier.
First of all, to wind the line for the trimmer, you need to remove the spool (bobbin, spool) from the grass trimmer; certain actions will depend on the complexity of the configuration and the type of product itself:
READ How to Properly Put the Piston on a Grass Trimmer
Small electronic grass trimmers with the operating position of the motor and spool at the bottom, you have side buttons on both sides of the spool. When pressed at the same time, the upper part of the spool, along with the inner m to wind the fishing line, disengages, although the lower.
The video focuses on the problem of changing the mowing line in grass trimmers, it will be of interest to anyone who deals with such devices. A man in work clothes appears in front of the audience and promises to immediately and at the same time detail the method of manipulation required if you set out to change or rewind your trimmer line.
Hero is attracted to how important it is to get a quality line for the trimmer first, then it will be reliable and last for a long time. Then the man points out how to easily remove the old trimmer line, then he shows the very one he already has. Going to.
How to change, remove the BlackDecker GL716 electronic grass trimmer head when repairing, that is, changing.
The BlackDecker GL716 electric grass trimmer was brought in for repair. On his example, we will show how to remove the head, the head of the trimmer for the grass, the head, in different sources call it differently. If you set out to remove the grass trimmer head, it must be disassembled. To do this, you need to release the side latches, which are symmetrically located on both sides. We press two fingers there, with the other hand, gently shaking off, remove the top cover. Remove the bobbin to wind the mowing line. We see a slightly deepened screw. The sprocket or flat socket. Holding the body of the Mower Spool with one hand, unscrew the screw counterclockwise. Swinging from side to side, pull the Mowerhead reel body only toward you. Now you understand how to change, remove.
The self-made spool
Grass trimmer is often used far from places where you can buy spare parts for the mowing head when it breaks. In this case, instead of a broken mechanism, you can install a simple design coil, made by your own hands. To do this, you will need a sheet of plywood (textolite, metal, etc.).), eyelets, screws or screws. The process involves several steps.
- From a sheet of plywood cut out a disk with a diameter corresponding to the failed bobbin.
- In the center of the disk drill a hole that matches the diameter of the shaft of the trimmer for grass.
- On opposite sides of the disk are mounted small eyelets, which will serve for threading the line.
- Through the eyelets pass the line for the trimmer and fix it with the usual screws or screws. The reel is ready to work.
Important! Remember that it is impossible to tighten or unscrew the nut without fixing the shaft firmly.
To replace the line on a homemade bobbin will have to release the fixing screws, insert a new piece of string and re-tighten the fasteners. It is not necessary to remove the spool from the shaft of the grass trimmer in this case, but it is necessary to exclude the possibility of spontaneous start of the motor.
So, above were step by step with pictures described methods of repairing the string head. As you can see, this process is not complicated. And most breakages are directly related to sloppy stringing and poor string quality. You can visually see all the steps of the process in the video.