Step one: securing and laying
Fold the end of the line in half. Place a blank over the spool on each side of each half of the winding zone. Wrap both halves completely around the winding drum. Pull the line through the loop.
The procedure for preparing the line engagement in the area of both winding sections of the drum. The loops are placed in specially made cutouts, after which the line is wound in each zone
It is enough to pull the line tightly and put the knot in the groove made on each side of the winding drum.
Step two: winding the cutting material in sections
The next step is to wrap the line around the reel, being careful. It is necessary that each half is filled with “own” winding, evenly, without intersections. Usually, arrows can be seen on the body of the winding reel, indicating the direction of winding. This point should be borne in mind when filling the spool with fishing line.
How to replace the trimmer line?
Replacing the trimmer line with step-by-step instructions will allow even an inexperienced lawn mower owner to perform a rather difficult job.
However, before starting work on changing the line on the trimmer, it is necessary to ensure the safety of the work. In particular, measures should be taken to prevent unintentional or unintentional starting of the mower:
- exclude spontaneous start,
- remove battery (if applicable),
- place the tool on a platform convenient for work.
It is convenient to work on changing the trimmer line when the mower is lying on the table, and the master who replaces the trimmer line has the ability to approach the tool from either side.
Step two: removing the winding drum (spool) with line
The next step in the process is the removal of the winding drum with line from the inside of the head. You need to turn the head open side to see the line and spool. On the side of the head, find two grooves (eyes) through which the line is brought out.
It is necessary to free the line from the holes by turning the drum. then carefully remove the coil from the head area. The winding drum of some models is spring-mounted. This point must be taken into account when performing the extraction operation.
The procedure for removing the trimmer spool with line from the inside of the head: 1. head assembly with spool; 2. extraction carefully with a small axial rotation; 3. extracted parts
The old line is completely removed from the reel. To remove the old trimmer line, you need to remove the wood from the locking loops and pull the free end. This method removes all the old winding. The same process is repeated on the second section of the drum. The master is recommended to use gloves when performing work.
Installing a new line on the trimmer reel
Equipping the reel with new line is carried out in the reverse order. The procedure looks something like the following, regardless of the lawn mower model:
removing the trimmer head cover
At the first stage of disassembly, the trimmer head cover is removed. In the example of Black and Decker trimmer models and others, to remove the cover, it is usually enough to apply some pressure to depress the locking latch that is located on the side of the head body.
On some models of lawn mowers, it is initially provided for the dismantling of the trimmer head, for which the hex key included in the tool kit is used. The head is usually held in place by two to three screws, which are accessed through the side holes of the rear decorative cover.
The head cover, where the line spool is installed, is usually held by a latch-tongue. It is enough to squeeze the latch tab with some effort and turn the lid slightly, after which the lid can be easily removed
Your Riding Lawn Mower Tractor’s Dirty Little Secret – Video
At the moment of squeezing the locking tab, you need to slightly turn and lift the trimmer head cover to remove the winding drum.
Replacing the trimmer line: step-by-step instructions for replacing the trimmer line
Trimmers (they are also lawn mowers) are actively used by modern society for the care of lawns and other similar objects of horticultural farms. The tool is noted for its high efficiency, despite the questionable quality of cutting grass (compared to the usual peasant scythe. earth and sky). The main advantage of trimmers (lawn mowers) is high productivity with low expenditure of physical forces of the operator. However, over time, the trimmer’s cutting element (nylon scaffold) wears out or gets damaged, making the trimmer a useless tool as a result. Hence, the task becomes urgent. how to replace the trimmer head and how to replace the trimmer head line? Let’s consider this process using the example of lawn mowers manufactured by “Black and Decker” and others.
Storage space for spare coil
It is very simple to install such a fishing line into the reel. according to the internal scheme inside the reel. We insert the center of the line with a metal mount in the upper part of the reel, and draw the ends of the line along the grooves and bring it out.
In addition to the standard lawn line, my trimmer also has a thick line for cutting rough weeds. It has the shape of a pigtail, i.e. three lines are tightly intertwined. This line has its own spool.
It is stored at the top of the trimmer body.
Trimming the line into the trimmer.
I want to devote today’s article to the sore subject of summer residents and gardeners of the entire post-Soviet space “How to fill the line in the trimmer.” Not many trimmer manufacturers answer this question in their instruction manuals. Therefore, it is also difficult for simple gardeners to figure out how to do it correctly.
I want to start with a brief description of the technical characteristics of the trimmers.
So, trimmers are electric and gasoline. The cutting element for trimmers can be a line and a knife. The line is ordinary, four. pentahedral and intertwined (in the form of a pigtail). Knives come in 2, 3 and 4 bladed knives. Knives also come in plastic and metal.
The line feed system from the trimmer is manual, semi-automatic and automatic.
The development engineers who create new models of trimmers accurately calculate the diameter (thickness) of the line and the number of knife blades, according to the power of the trimmers. Otherwise, the engine is overloaded, resulting in damage to the engine. And these are additional and significant costs.
Trimmers on the market today:
With one nozzle. only a line.
With two nozzles. a fishing line and a three-four-blade knife.
With one nozzle. only three to four blades.
Our Kulibins have long ago learned to improve any mechanisms. So, for example, some gardeners make successful, in their opinion, replacement of fishing line with a metal cable, or fishing line. But at the same time, they do not think about the safety of their own and their loved ones, because, like a cable with the power of a working trimmer, it can easily break out and not only injure the mower and others, but leave him crippled for life. Using a fishing line can and gives a better effect, I have never personally tried it than a trimmer line, but such work has a number of inconveniences: when it comes into contact with hard objects, it loosens or can simply be pulled out of the reel without limit.
So, what is called closer to the topic. Here is an example of how to thread the line into the trimmer (Trimmer Bosch Art 30). Everything is very simple. Started.
After you have chosen the line for refueling, you need to cut off the required amount of line, because all the line in a skein will not be wound into a reel.
Cut off and start reeling.
Remove the coil and the protective cover from the coil.
They took it off. We fix one end of the line in the gap and carefully and evenly wind the line.
The amount of line should be such that the protective cover of the reel closes and the line on the reel unwinds a little by itself.
We put the other end of the line into the hole on the protective casing.
Next, we take the coil and the protective cover of the coil. We squirt the end of the line from the reel into the metal hole on the reel’s protective cover. Tighten the line a little.
We put it all on the trimmer. Turn the coil clockwise until it clicks.
They fixed it. Now we connect the trimmer to the network. We put the trimmer in the starting position for work. We turn on the trimmer. Excess line length will be cut on the trimming blade.
Coil in trimmer
That’s all we start to work.
Heavy-duty line in a reel
Such a reel is attached to the trimmer in the same way as a reel with an ordinary line.
How to fill a line in a lawn mower: how to change and load into a reel, how to change and how much to wind into a trimmer
When spring comes, people often spend their free time at their summer cottage. They try to rid their area of problems such as weeds and grass with the onset of warm days. It is difficult to do this manually, especially if the area is very large, so a lawn mower will help. Thanks to this technique, you can trim the grass and remove weeds. it is a suitable device for mowing unnecessary plants near the fence, at home, between rows in the garden on a flower bed, and so on. Read about how to choose the right mower for your needs here. The cutting element in this device is a fishing line (strong polyethylene thread), which is wound on a special element. a spool. But over time, the line wears out and it becomes necessary to replace it. The article will talk about how to fill the line in a lawn mower.
Line arrangement in the mower
The device of the element on which the nylon thread is wound is very simple. This element is called a coil. It has two “tracks”. the upper and the lower. Between these tracks there is a special partition with a recess. A fishing line is wound on these tracks. It must first be pulled through the recess.
In order to be able to pull out the coil without obstacles, it is necessary to unscrew the special button, which is located on the mower body.
Features of replacing fishing line on video.
Which line to choose to refuel the lawn mower
The thickness of the polyethylene thread depends on the model of equipment and varies from 1.2 to 4 mm. She may be:
- with a round cross-section. this is the most durable material for mowing grassy plants;
- with a curly section. used for mowing soft plants;
- twisted. used for thin grass;
- professional type, not suitable for all models of equipment.
To change the line on a lawn mower, you need to purchase a cutting thread that will be ideal for the type of mower.
You can soak the thread in a bowl of water for a few minutes to increase elasticity and strength.
To quickly and safely change the line on the reel of the mower, it is necessary to observe safety precautions. Before removing the reel to wind the line around the mower, the technician must be disconnected from the power supply (if the mower is powered by electricity). Here I would like to mention the reliability rating of electric lawn mowers, which will help you choose a safe helper.
Another important safety rule that must be observed is pressing the lock button. You can find out its location on the vehicle body using the operating manual. For example, you can find the operating instructions for the manual petrol lawn mower here.
Do not forget that the cutting element needs to be adjusted. There is an adjustment button on the body of the unit. If the process does not start automatically and the thread tension has been released, then the button is clamped, and the fishing line is pulled out of the spool with force.
Remember that changing your mower‘s line is an important and responsible process. It is necessary to carry out everything in stages, and only special polyethylene fishing line should be inserted into the spool. An iron cable, some high quality wire, or even a reinforced fishing line will not work here.
Watch the video instruction.
Replacement instructions. how to insert the line
It should be noted that the reels in mowers can be different:
- for functioning with one antenna;
- for functioning with two antennae;
- the line must be threaded through the through hole, which is located inside the element.
And do not confuse this part with an extension cord for a lawn mower on a reel, because despite the similar name, these are two completely different elements.
How to get Perfect Lawn Stripes with a Push Mower!
The mini chainsaw is designed for light work and people who prefer to hold the device with one hand.
This article will tell you about how much the ZIL 130 dump truck weighs and what this transport is capable of.
Read here //machinspec.com/lesozagotovitelnaya/benzopila/stanok-dlya-zatochki.html how to assemble a machine for sharpening chainsaw chains with your own hands quickly and easily.
In the first option, winding the cutting element is very simple:
- There is a locking tab on the inside of the spool element.
- One tendril of thread is inserted into it.
- It is necessary to thread the nylon thread in the direction opposite to the rotation of the spool element.
- You will need only 2 to 4 meters of fishing line. When the winding process is complete, put the small end of this cutting element outward and fix it in the groove, which is necessary for fixing the line so that it does not unwind during the operation of the mower.
- If there is no special groove, then the end should be held by hand so that the cutting element does not unwind during further assembly of the element.
- At the last stage, it is necessary to thread the outer end of the thread into a special hole located on the outer part of the element. The spool can then be inserted into the mower.
When the roller is working with both ends of the plastic filament, then the following steps must be taken to thread the line into the mower:
- Inside, on the spool, you will see how many slots there are for winding (two or one). If there is only one groove, then both ends of the thread will be guided through this groove. If there are two of them, then the antennae are laid out separately. each in its own notch.
- It is necessary to unwind from 2 to 4 meters of polyethylene thread and thread its two ends into the hole.
- Wind both threads in the opposite direction to the rotation of the drum.
- When all the line is wound, the ends should be fixed in the grooves or held by hand.
- Both ends are threaded into the eyelet from the outside of the roller housing.
- The drum is then collected and inserted into the mower.
Tips and steps for changing the line on video.
To insert line into a lawnmower that has two grooves on the spool, you must use the previous threading method for this polyethylene thread. In this case, each of the ends of the line will be wound along its own groove. All other actions are similar to the previous process.
The spool element or roller can have a completely different design from the previous two options. The line can be threaded through the eyelet, which is through and located inside the reel. In this case, you do not need to disassemble the roller drum and manually wind the polyethylene thread.
The polyethylene thread is threaded through the hole and rotated by pressing a special button. This button is located on the body and is intended for the operation of the technique, so that it is possible to release the line as it wears out.
Do not worry that the polyethylene thread will wind in the wrong direction, since in this design it can only spin in one direction.
If you have a summer cottage or a large plot of land near your individual house or cottage, then for the convenience of cleaning grass and weeds, you must use a lawn mower. In case you are thinking of choosing an electric lawn mower or a gasoline one, then click here and you will find comparative characteristics of different models.
Over time, the line on the mower wears out and needs to be replaced. you can do this yourself. The choice of this polyethylene thread is necessary depending on the model of the mower. It is also worth keeping an eye on the rest of the unit’s details, here, for example, you will find information about Craftsman lawn mower knives, which also wear out and can lead to irreversible consequences.
The device of the reel into which the fishing line is inserted is very simple. But it differs depending on whether the coil is operating with one or two tendrils of thread. It is important to observe safety precautions when changing the line in the reel.
How to tuck line into the trimmer: a few simple tips
Thanks to modern power tools, a person is given a lot of opportunities to reduce manual labor. These innovations include the trimmer, which greatly facilitates the process of mowing and lawn care. This device reduces the time for gardening work, turning difficult physical work into entertainment. The trimmer uses a fishing line as a cutting tool. It stretches strongly and thus mows grass of almost any height. It is quite easy to operate a power tool, but the problem arises when the cutting material runs out. Not everyone will immediately figure out how to tuck the line into the trimmer. Although this is a simple operation, it is not always clear to a person who is faced with this task for the first time how to properly wind it on a reel. over, the instructions do not contain information on how to choose and replace the trimmer line.
How to quickly and correctly tuck the line into the trimmer?
Once you figure out how to change the cutting material, further use and maintenance of the trimmer will be greatly simplified. To wind the trimmer line, several operations should be performed, namely:
- Unscrew the nozzle by rotating the drum to the right. You will have a head with the remnants of an old thread in your hands. Open it with a screwdriver, or wring out the latch and turn the cover in the direction of the arrow. This operation should be carried out carefully, since there is a spring inside, which, straightening, can throw out all the internal parts of the drum. To change the line in the trimmer, you need to take out the spool and remove the rest of the material.
- Take 5 meters of new thread and fold it in half. There is a hole in the middle of the spool where you need to insert the material. There is also an arrow indicating the direction to reel in the trimmer line. It is important to consider some points. If there are two holes in the spool, then half of the trimmer line should be tucked in one direction and the other in the opposite direction. When finishing inserting the material, it is better to leave 15-20 cm free.
- Assemble the drum, reinstall the spring and washers. Then, while holding the spool, thread the ends of the line into the holes on the sides of the nozzle. Then put the head in place, pulling on the cutting material.
If the line breaks frequently, this may be due to the following reasons:
- stones, small branches and other solid obstacles come across in the grass;
- the user mows the grass close to the fence, and if it is mesh, then it breaks off the “antennae” even faster;
- poor quality of the cord (it is recommended to purchase a high-quality one);
- the outlet holes in the mowing head are worn out, due to which the line is erased on the sharp edges of the bushings and breaks off (a complete replacement of the part is required).
To remove the trimmer head, you will need to completely disassemble it.
- To remove the cover that covers the inside of the head, you must press on the latches (latches) located on both sides.
- Removing the cover reveals a spool that needs to be removed from the case. Some spools have a spring under the bobbin, which must be carefully pulled out so as not to lose it in the grass.
- When you remove the bobbin, you will see a slotted screw for a Phillips or flathead screwdriver in the center of the case. It is possible that there may be a hex bolt or an “asterisk” bit.
- Using a screwdriver, selecting the required bit (nozzle), you need to unscrew the bolt (counterclockwise).
- After removing the fasteners, grasp the body of the part and, shaking it in different directions, remove it from the gearbox shaft.
The cord does not feed, the reel does not spin
An automatic or semi-automatic head should feed the line without stopping the unit. But if it does not come out, then the reasons may be as follows:
- the fishing line is incorrectly wound in the reel, due to which the latter does not spin;
- the cord is wound unevenly, and the thread can get stuck between the turns (the thread should be wound neatly, turn to turn, without distortions);
- too short ends of the thread come out of the holes, as a result of which there is not enough centrifugal force to extract them, and the line is not fed (it is recommended to always adjust the length of the cord before starting the unit, pulling it slightly);
- the line is stuck together (will be discussed later).
The line is flying out
The reason that the cord unwinds after starting the unit can also be a weakening of the spring inside the head. In addition, there are times when the mowing head flies apart when the machine is turned on, and the spring installed in it is lost. Inexperienced users do not notice the absence of a spring and assemble this unit without it. Therefore, the cord does not hold, and under the influence of centrifugal force flies out.
The thread does not hold
It happens that the thread unwinds if the spring in the semiautomatic head has weakened. The line is constantly extended and cut with a knife installed on the cover, which increases its consumption. To check this, remove the cover and turn on the unit. If the line “climbed”, then you will need to replace the spring.
Changing the line to a disc or knife
When ennobling a personal plot, park areas and other places where it is required to mow various kinds of plants, it is often necessary to change the cutting tool in the trimmer. This is due to the fact that the standard cord installed in the mowing head can only handle grass. But when a bush or young growth of trees appears in the path of an employee, the line cannot cope with such a task, and it needs to be changed to a more efficient cutting tool.
Trimmer manufacturers have foreseen such situations, and supplemented their products with a mass of attachments in the form of knives with several “petals” or in the form of discs, similar to circular saws.
If you replace the fishing line with a knife with several “petals”, then this tool can mow both tall grass and plants with thick and dry stems. And by changing the fishing line to a disk, the lawn mower user has the opportunity to cut shrubs or small trees.
Knives and discs are installed according to the following algorithm.
- The first step is to remove, by locking the shaft, the mowing head (turn clockwise) or the boot nut, if the unit has not yet been used.
- Position the saw or cutter blade so that it fits over the small protrusion (bushing).
For a better understanding of the process of changing tools, you can watch this video.
What can be used instead of fishing line
Many trimmer users are wondering: what can replace the default cord used in this kind of machines? Begin unsafe experiments by installing metal or copper wires, metal ropes or strings, and regular fishing line in the mowing head.
If you install a metal cable instead of a fishing line, the trimmer turns into a dangerous device not only for the user, but also for others. This fact is explained by the fact that during the operation of the unit, the steel cable will gradually be triggered, its ends will unravel, and small pieces of wire will scatter in different directions at high speed.
A similar thing happens when using steel or copper wire, with the only difference that the pieces that have come off will be larger and can cause significant injury.
And if you accidentally hook your or someone else’s leg while working with a steel cable (wire), then a strong and deep tissue incision, and in some cases amputation of toes, is guaranteed. It is not in vain that the manufacturer uses nylon for these purposes, since it is quite light and durable, and when it comes off it does not fly far and cannot cause injury.
Of course, you can use fishing line in the trimmer instead of the standard one, but this will add extra trouble to you, since it wears out quickly, breaks, mows slowly and is not suitable for cutting tough grass. In addition, during work, a lot of time is wasted to replace a broken tool more than once.
In practice, the installation of a regular line is justified if the user is going to mow the grass near the fence, especially if he is from the netting. In this case, in order to protect the standard, and sometimes expensive, cord from wear and tear, it is changed to fishing line, which is not a pity. Usually, in order to change the line to line, it must be selected with the greatest thickness. 2-3 mm.
Line winding algorithm
Depending on which trimmer model is used, the type, thickness and length of the line are selected. The diameter of the cord can be from 1.2 to 4 mm. It is not difficult to guess that the thicker you fill the cord, the harder and thicker grass it is able to cut.
In most cases, a universal line with a diameter of 2 mm is used.
There are 3 ways to find out which line diameter you can use on your mower.
- View information on the thickness of the cord in the instructions for the device.
- Look at the bobbin itself. It can contain information about the possible diameters of the line.
- Insert the line into the exit hole. If it easily passes into it, then a cord of this diameter can be used.
The line is wound on a reel in the mowing head. Therefore, you first need to open it (this was discussed above). There are 2 ways to wind the cord.
All About Replacing the Line on the Trimmer Head
How to change the line on a lawn mower: detailed instructions
In 1971, American entrepreneur George Bollas invented a lawn mower that used a line as a cutting knife. Much time has passed since then, the drive has become more powerful, a modern trimmer can easily damage the bark, so the idea itself has transformed into mowing grass around obstacles without damaging the mower cutter itself. For a neat cut around obstacles, a smaller line head can be used and is easy to change when moving from large areas to delicate mowing. However, the cutting tool itself needs to be replaced periodically. We will tell you how to disassemble the head of a lawn mower (trimmer) and wind a new line.
Choosing a line for the trimmer head
There are many types of heads available to suit different types of line. The latter is also available in several diameters: from 1.0 mm to 3.2 mm. over, its cross-section is round (including with a special groove to reduce the noise level), square, twisted and in the shape of a star.
There are no clear preferences, this explains the wide variety of shapes and diameters on the market. The round shape is usually stronger, but has the worst cutting ability and also produces a characteristic sound when rotated. Therefore, sometimes an acoustic groove is made on it, however, the use of this fishing line makes sense only on battery trimmers, in cars with a gasoline engine and a network drive, the sound level of the drive itself practically drowns out the sound from the fishing line. The square has a good cutting ability, and despite the fact that such a line is less strong than a round line, on average it is consumed less. Square fishing line quite easily cuts off the growth of the same willow up to 1 cm in diameter. The star has the maximum number of cutting edges, mows the best and is consumed the fastest.
The next nuance when choosing is rigidity. The fact is that in the production of nylon, a modifier (often maleic anhydride) is added to it, which improves its strength and prevents tearing. However, modifiers are not the cheapest component, they are trying to save on it. Therefore, a seemingly good line, which remained for the winter, unexpectedly behaves in a completely different way in the spring. it breaks, stops coming out of the reel normally. There is a recommendation to soak the fishing line in water before work, but I do not see much point in this, maleic anhydride interacts with water, but if it is not enough in nylon, then there will be nothing to interact with. Therefore, it makes no sense to stock up on fishing line for a long period of time, breaking or constantly breaking fishing line, which, moreover, does not want to leave the reel itself, can significantly complicate the work.
Which line to choose
Before you stock up on this material for refueling in the trimmer, you need to decide on the choice. After all, the usual so-called round fishing line is far from the only existing species. How to choose the most suitable one? First you need to determine the working conditions.
Selection by type. Round line is the most common. It will fit any coil with rare exceptions. This type of consumable is suitable for cutting fresh, juicy grass. But with the mowing of the so-called dead wood, such a species may no longer cope. It is pointless to mention attempts to mow bushes with this thread.
In addition to the usual type, there are others with sharp edges. Usually they are made with an asterisk or a square. The presence of sharp edges is the main feature and key difference of these threads.
It is due to this feature that threads of these types are able to mow dry weeds. But sharp-cut threads are not without drawbacks, the main of which can be called rapid wear and strength, which is noticeably inferior to the round type.
In addition to the already mentioned types of woods, there are also interesting and common varieties. Especially among them can be noted fishing lines, inside which a metal wire is stretched. This type of thread is often used in gasoline powered tools with an engine over 1.5 horsepower.
Metal-cored threads come in both round sections and sharp edges. Regardless of the type of section, such threads are the best suited for overcoming difficult-to-cut plants. Threads of this type can easily mow not only dry grass, but even small bushes.
The wires with a wire inside compare favorably with other types of consumables for their incredible wear resistance. Unfortunately, this feature has a more than noticeable impact on the price of this type. The cost of yarns with a core is much higher than the cost of other types of yarns.
How to change the line on a mower
The warranty production of the factory trimmer refueling will inevitably require line replacement. Having a very rough idea of how to thread the line into the trimmer reel on their own, beginners are reluctant to take up this business. However, with some skills, mastering this simple science does not present any difficulties, and the similar instruction presented below will make this process as easy as possible.
The string does not hold
If the spring weakens in a semi-automatic reel, the line does not hold and unwinds during operation. The cord is pulled out, cut off with a knife, as a result, the owner of the technique notices that the thread runs out quickly.
Advice! To check the tool, you need to remove the protective cover and start the engine. if the line extends, this means that the spring must be replaced with a new one.
First of all, to wind the fishing line, you need to remove the spool (bobbin, spool) from the trimmer. specific actions will depend on the complexity of the configuration and the type of the product itself:
- small electric trimmers with a working position of the engine and spools at the bottom, as a rule, have side buttons on both sides of the bobbin. When pressed at the same time, the upper part of the spool together with the inner content for winding the line is detached, while the lower part remains on the trimmer. It is advisable to disassemble the bobbin on a flat, smooth place so that the spring included in the structure does not jump out and is not lost;
- electric and gasoline trimmers with a curved bar without the possibility of installing a knife, as a rule, have spools with a special wing: in such designs, hold the spool in a stationary position with one hand, and rotate the locking reel on the bar with the wing nut counterclockwise with the other. After disconnecting the nut, the entire bobbin is removed.
- electric and gasoline trimmers with the ability to install a knife on a straight bar (for example, Stihl trimmers) have a hole under the reel. To keep the rod stationary, a screwdriver or other suitable object is inserted into this hole and, with slow rotation, such a mutual position is achieved when the screwdriver enters the hole and the bobbin is fixed. After that, the coil body is scrolled clockwise (with a left-hand thread) and removed from the trimmer.
For the second and third cases, the coils, depending on the design, are disassembled in different ways. In bobbins with a lamb, a lamb is unscrewed, in coils with latches, the latches are pressed and one part of the coil is released from the other. If the halves of the bobbin are connected by thread, then it is enough to turn them by hand in opposite directions until they are completely unscrewed.
In addition, you should pay special attention to the thickness of the consumable. For mowing young grass, a thread with a diameter of one and a half millimeters is suitable. The larger the diameter of the thread, the more dry and coarse weeds it is capable of overpowering.
When choosing a fishing line by thickness, there is one “but”. It is important not only to assess the capabilities of the material, but also to take into account the features of the trimmer. Be sure to check the user manual that came with your tool for information on cutting element requirements.
Using the wrong thread can damage the tool. Using a thread that is too thick will overload the machine’s motor. And the use of a thread that is too thin will significantly increase the wear of the twisting mechanism.
That is why it is necessary to approach the choice of consumables no less responsibly than to refuel it in the trimmer. When a suitable fishing line is found and purchased, you can begin to consider ways of winding it on a reel.
High line consumption
Typically, the line ends very quickly if the semi-automatic reel is constantly banged on the ground or pressed against the surface with force. In this case, the head is unlocked, the cord is lengthened, and the knife cuts it off. The second option for fast line consumption. the trimmer with the automatic reel is not used correctly. If the mower regularly lowers the engine speed, the string is constantly lengthened and cut, and as a result, it is quickly consumed.
Breaking a string
Regular line breaks are caused by:
- the presence of solid objects in the mowed grass: branches, stones, etc., contact with which breaks the string;
- by mowing the grass close to the fence, and if it is mesh, then the line breaks even faster;
- low-quality cord. it is necessary to replace it with a new reliable consumable;
- wear of the outlet holes in the mowing head, as a result of which the line breaks from friction against the sharp edges of the bushings. the part must be replaced with a new one.