To perform a sufficiently large number of works, a chainsaw can be used. The main cutting element of such a tool is represented by a chain with various blades. Modern versions are characterized by the fact that they can be serviced independently. When cutting for a long time or if basic recommendations are not followed, the cutting edge wears out quickly. That is why it is necessary to carry out the removal and sharpening of the chain, and then its installation. A similar procedure is characterized by a fairly large number of features, which we will discuss in more detail later.
How to put a chain on a chainsaw: direction
When considering how to correctly put the chain on a chainsaw, we note the moment that the modern version of the tool has a special mounting wheel. Due to it, the procedure is greatly simplified. Among its features, we note the following points:
- Considering how to properly put a chain on a chainsaw, we note that for a start you should prepare a flat surface. Due to this, the probability of damage to the tool can be eliminated. After that, the main part of the tool, the tire and the chain are laid out separately.
- The next step is to remove the protection, which is designed to protect the sprocket. In most cases, it is fixed using a conventional wing nut.
- On the tire, the tension sprocket turns to the right until it stops. It is in this position that the tool is installed.
- Next, the chain is gradually superimposed on the locking element. A fairly common question can be called on which side this element is posed. Installation starts from the top, the chain rotates so that the tire is on top. Such operations should be performed exclusively with thick gloves that can withstand the impact of the cutting edge. The cutter on the end surface should be located forward.
- Both elements are worn on an asterisk.
- The next step is to re-attach the chain sprocket cover. It is important to ensure that the pins align with the holes. Improper fixation can cause rattling or other problems.
- It is necessary to ensure that the guides fall into a special gutter.
- The condition of the chain is checked visually after it is fixed.
The next step is to directly check whether the chain has been pulled. To do this, release the chain brake and pull it along the line of movement. Inspection is carried out exclusively with special gloves.
In general, we can say that the procedure under consideration is quite simple to implement and special tools are not required for its implementation. However, not all chainsaws are as easy to service as described above.
Functions and device chainsaws
In order to understand the features of the procedure under consideration, you should also consider in detail the device of the chainsaw. Among the features, the following points can be noted:
- The main part is represented by an engine. In most cases, a single-cylinder structure is installed, since this is quite enough for cutting.
- The piston system is push-pull, and air cooling. During operation, a relatively small amount of thermal energy is released, therefore, blowing is enough to remove heat.
- As in many other designs, the oil in question is required, which ensures the smooth movement of the movable element. Oil is added directly to the fuel. Depending on the design features, oil and fuel are mixed in the range of 1:20 or 1:50.
- An important structural element can be called an air filter. Fuel is mixed with air to produce a specific mixture, which is fed into the combustion chamber. If you do not constantly clean the filter element, then there is a chance that debris will fall into the cylinder block. This will cause rapid wear or even jamming of the device.
- A special design is presented as a starter, which is driven by a rope with a handle. If you pull the rope strongly, the flywheel is set in motion.
- The main working mechanism is a tire with a clasp. It is designed to guide the chain and fix it.
- The classic chain consists of three teeth: leading, cutting, connecting. The cutting edge is fastened with rivets.
A fairly common situation can be called the case when you have to pull the handle for a long time. It is due to the fact that the carburetor incorrectly mixes fuel with air. In most cases, it is enough to configure the device in accordance with the features of operation. A chainsaw will not last long if proper maintenance is not provided.
Why does the chain fly. find out the reasons
When considering how to install a chain on a chainsaw, you should also pay attention to what causes it to fly off. There are three main reasons:
- Malfunctioning tires.
- Malfunction of the main elements.
- Weak fixation of the driven sprocket.
- Strong chain elongation.
Each reason becomes the reason why with the use of chainsaws a lot of difficulties arise.
Video: How to Put a Chain on a Chainsaw
Today, there is often a problem associated with unreliable fixation of the tire. It is characterized by the following features:
- The housing with the guide element is fixed with a bolt.
- The connection is provided by two plates, one of which is located on the body, the second on the one that is designed to guide the circuit at the time of operation.
- The drive sprocket and tire support are protected by a special casing, which eliminates the possibility of damage to the main elements.
- When the locking bolts are loosened, the considered structural element begins to move and vibrate at the time of operation. You can solve this problem by tightening the fasteners.
Other defects simply cannot be solved. In most cases, defects become the reason why you have to purchase a tire and replace it.
How to put a chain and a tire on a chainsaw: assembly
The procedure under consideration is quite simple. It is characterized by the following features:
- First, the chain brake is released.
- The tensioning screw is in close proximity to the tire.
- The next step is to pull the cutting element clockwise.
- If it is difficult to move the chain, you have to loosen the locking screw.
Modern chainsaw designs greatly simplify this work. Therefore, you can perform it yourself even in the absence of special tools.
The chain is stretched
If the chain is used incorrectly or for a long time, it can stretch a lot. This is due to the fact that the metal may deform over time. Too much wear becomes the reason why you have to purchase a new version, but it is possible to use the old for a short period. Quick stretching can only be avoided if the operating instructions are followed. To carry out the work required:
It is not difficult to put on a stretched version of the performance, but with the restoration there are quite a few problems, since the metal is characterized by increased strength. In this case, the main elements are fastened with rivets. The work is carried out as follows:
- The product is fastened in tees.
- If the work is carried out using an angle grinder, then there is a chance that the surface will be damaged, since this tool is difficult to control.
- After grinding, rivets are knocked out. Do not throw it away due to the possibility of repeated use.
- Chain manufacturers do not produce spare parts that are required for maintenance.
- You can make a rivet with your own hands, but the work is quite complicated.
- The product is divided into two parts. It is worth considering that the number of guides and the distance between them should remain unchanged.
When solving a problem with a long length, do not forget that the chain too short can no longer be pulled. In addition, it is not recommended to apply oil to the saw chain.
Poorly fixed drive sprocket
Quite widespread was the option when the leading sprocket is poorly fixed. Often, she herself detaches herself during operation. The solution to this problem is as follows:
- The engine cover and spark plug are removed, after which the air filter is removed.
- The next step is to dismantle the spark plug, which requires a special key.
- A special plug allows you to lock the piston in position.
- The clutch plate is turned with a special key until the piston changes position, which should be located on top.
After that, you can fix the sprocket in the correct position and solve the problem in question. The indicated information indicates that such work is rather problematic, often it is carried out by organizations serving chainsaws.
How to install a chainsaw cutter
After installing the chain, tighten it correctly and check the degree of tension. Among the features of this point, we note the following:
- Too much tension causes excessive load, so the product may burst.
- Lack of tension leads to chain wear and many other problems.
In general, we can say that there are practically no problems with fixing an unworn product.
You can stretch using two methods: fast and frontal. If stretch is used, then the chain is installed on the chainsaw as follows:
- Unscrew the nuts.
- The tire is held and lifted off the edge.
- There is a special bolt that is used to tension the chain.
- The tire rises to eliminate the possibility of sagging of the canvas.
To do such a job is quite simple, it requires a small set of tools.
The quick method involves lifting the wing nut handle and loosening it, the screw rotates clockwise, after which the wing nut is also tightened and the handle is released.
Chain tension is carried out in a clockwise direction when there is not much free time. The chain screw is fixed securely to eliminate the possibility of rattling at the time of operation.
It is important to timely check the degree of tension. As previously noted, with sagging or strong tension, the cutting edge can wear out quickly. The work on checking the condition of the circuit is carried out as follows:
- First, the brake system is turned off.
- In gloves, the chain on the tire is held manually.
- If it goes to the right and does not sag, then everything is fine.
- If it runs back to back, then the tension should be slightly relaxed, since there is a possibility of a break at the time of operation.
Proper operation of the chainsaw significantly extends its service life. The main recommendations are as follows:
- You need to clean the spark plug from time to time, due to which you can ensure an easy start. Over time, soot may appear on the surface, which greatly complicates the process of igniting the fuel mixture.
- Lubrication of bearings is carried out regularly. For this, a special substance or motor oil is used. If the device runs dry, then there is a possibility of significant wear. Adding lubricant solves a fairly large number of problems.
- Regular lubrication of the air filter is necessary, in some cases it is lubricated with oil. If necessary, replace the filter with a new one. Do not forget that the filter element eliminates the possibility of contaminants entering the cylinder block.
- Before direct work, attention is paid to ensure that all the locking elements are well tightened. To do this, you have to conduct a visual inspection every time before using a chainsaw.
- The driven sprocket must also be lubricated continuously. In addition, there is a possibility of its clogging. Otherwise, the item wears out quickly.
- Sharpen and chain the oil periodically. Operation with significant defects is not recommended, as this significantly increases the degree of wear.
In conclusion, we note that timely maintenance should be carried out, since otherwise even a high-quality tool will not last for a long period. In some cases, you have to take the saw to special firms that provide related services.