What is a trimmer?
So let’s take a look at the trimmer varieties. They are of two types:
- Electric powered.
- Gas tank fed.
Fishing line or knife – perform a cutting function in this device. In turn, the nylon thread can be as follows:
- Ordinary thread.
- With four or five faces.
- Intertwined (looks like a pigtail).
But a knife in a lawn mower can be:
According to the material of manufacture, knives are divided into:
Line feed from a reel is:
- Manual type.
- With automatic feeding.
Important! The ranking of the most bought electric lawn mowers is as follows:
- Iron angel.
- What is a trimmer?
- How to choose a fishing line?
- Removing the spool from the trimmer
- How to wind the line on the reel of a lawn mower?
Modern power tools help to facilitate human labor several times. So, for example, thanks to the trimmer, you do not have to mow the grass by hand, and the lawn will quickly and effortlessly become well-groomed and beautiful. For some people, a trimmer can help turn tough physical work into real fun. But what to do when the main cutting material runs out? Agree, not every person will immediately understand how to properly thread the line onto the reel of a lawn mower. For each type of coil, a corresponding nylon thread is needed and the replacement rules are completely different. Today we will consider all these issues in more detail..
How to choose a fishing line?
For each trimmer power, the developers accurately calculate the nylon thread diameter and the number of blades for the corresponding knife. Otherwise, the motor of the power tool will be severely overloaded, which will lead to its breakdown. Unknowingly, an overpayment for consumables will be provided to you. That is why the choice of line for your trimmer must be treated responsibly in order to keep costs to a minimum..
At the very beginning, you need to purchase the appropriate line. It is sold in skeins up to 120 meters long, and its diameter will be indicated in the detailed instructions for your trimmer..
Reel Mower Basics
Here’s what to look for when choosing a line and trimming it:
- Most often, a 2 mm conductor is used for cutting grass with a trimmer. For mowing soft and young grass, it is enough to take a thin line, the diameter of which is 1.5–1.8 mm. But on more powerful lawn mowers you need to reel thicker fishing line..
- Do not forget to pay attention to the structure of the vein. For example, round cord is considered the most durable and copes well even with the toughest weeds. But the vein of a curly configuration is more suitable for young or twisted grass. A thread with notches along its entire length can only work with thin stems.
- The minimum length for one threading of nylon thread into the mower spool is 2-4 meters, depending on its diameter and the manufacturer’s recommendations. For example, if you wind too much line on the bobbin, then its movement will be difficult, and in the process of mowing the grass, you will notice new ends of excess material..
- It is advisable to buy only approved companies. which are listed in the recommendations of your mowing appliance. It must be made of high quality material and have good durability – it is good to “mow” the lawn and not wear out very quickly.
In order to increase the elasticity and strength of the cord, place the purchased thread in water for 30 minutes. Thanks to such actions, it will be difficult for you to break even the thinnest core..
How to tuck line into the trimmer reel – lawn mowers?
Removing the spool from the trimmer
Now we will consider the issue of removing the hairpin from different types of trimmer:
- The bottom motor powered conveyor has two buttons on the sides. With one press of two buttons, you will need to detach one part of the gas station from the other. Simultaneously with the first half, remove the inner part, on which the core is wound.
Important! When doing the described manipulations, you need to be extremely careful so that the inner spring does not accidentally fly out and rub. This little detail is a very important “link” to help you pull the line onto the roller..
- The body of an electric and gasoline conveyor with a bent metal bar should be wrapped around with one hand, and with the other, the electronic wing should be moved counterclockwise. This small piece connects the reel to the trimmer bar. After removing the lamb, it is necessary to remove the entire coil, while holding the inner spring with your fingers.
- For an electric and ashless conveyor with a straight bar, you need to find a recess under the bobbin, insert, for example, a screwdriver into it, and slowly rotate it until the tool goes deeply and the roller is completely fixed. Next, turn the coil slowly clockwise (due to the left-hand thread) and remove it from the conveyor. Then you will need to disassemble the bobbin, assembled by snaps or twisted into a lamb. If you have a snap-on roller, then you need to push the latch on the sides to release the two parts of the part. After that, you should unscrew the lamb.
How to wind the line on the reel of a lawn mower?
Steps for a roller with one tendril:
- To begin with, we unwind from 2 to 4 meters of nylon thread. Its length depends on the size of your coil..
- We find a hole on the inside of the roller. which fixes the vein. We insert one end of the nylon thread into it and begin to carefully wind it in the opposite direction to the rotation of the bobbin on the device. Sometimes an arrow is drawn on the inside of the spool indicating the direction of winding the line..
- After part of the core is already on the coil, we leave the rest of it (5-10 cm) free to expose it outside.
- We fix the tip of the core in a special groove (groove). You will find it on the inside of the coil. If you do not have such a groove that holds the cord, then you need to hold the line with your finger..
- Now we take the outer part of the coil. we slowly pass a segment of the “hanging” core into the existing hole. The nylon thread is now wound on the bobbin.
- We put the roller on the conveyor.
Steps for a roller with two antennae:
- We look at the inside of the bobbin. determining the number of grooves for the core. The coil can have either one groove or two. Two antennae are wound along one hole at the same time. And a tendril is wound on a bobbin with two holes, which must travel along a separate groove. The roller with one groove has one through groove, along which the line slides.
- We unwind 4 meters of a new nylon thread. we pass it through a double hole so that the line segments from each part are the same.
- Now we wind the two ends of the core in a single direction, which should coincide with the direction of the pointer drawn inside the coil (arrows).
- We leave a small part of the core for stock. We fix its ends in the grooves.
- Slide the 2 ends of the cord into the groove on the outside of the roller.
- We collect all the components of the roller and attach it to the trimmer bar.
Important! If the conveyor has two grooves, then you need to fold the section of the core in half, and insert the loop obtained at the bend into the groove that is located between the two grooves. After that, both cuts of the line should be wound at the same time, each in its own “way”. All further actions should be done in the same way as the above instructions..
Actions for a roller with a core threaded through a double-sided hole located on the inside:
- We thread the ends of the new nylon thread through the hole on the outside of the roller without winding.
- We collect the reel and press the button for further release of the core as it gradually wears out. When you rotate this button, the line itself winds inside the bobbin.
Important! If you do such winding often, then you can wind the nylon thread without disassembling the drum. To do this, you just need to combine the double-sided groove of the inner part with the grooves of the inner roller body, and then thread the same fishing line through them..
As you can see, it is quite possible to wind the core on the trimmer coil yourself. The winding technique depends on the type of your lawn mower and on the design of the reel itself. Below we offer you a video that will help you better understand the whole process and perform high-quality line refueling in your device..
Precautions for Hand Winding
Since the operation is performed with the obligatory tension of the line, you need to press it against the rod by hand just above the first ring in order to adjust the tension. In this case, you should know how to wind the fishing line on the reel without cutting your fingers with it. You can put a glove on your hand. And you can skip the line between the pages of a small book, then it gets additional alignment during the winding process.
Backing spool connection
Another important point in the question of how to properly wind the line on the spool is its connection to the spool. Some fishermen do not fix the line at all, believing that it is long enough and will never fully unwind. This is the wrong approach. Having fastened the reel or the line in the spool, you can not be afraid of the breakdown of large prey or idle scrolling of the line when fishing.
Among the many different snapping methods, the following are the most common:
- Special knot resembling a clinch. It is very durable and practically unstretched..
- A self-tightening knot is a special kind of loop that has some stretch. However, as a result of the tension of the line, such a knot is tightened to the stop and holds perfectly.
The choice depends on the preference of the fisherman. Both options are quite reliable. They will provide comfort while fishing.
The importance of winding correctly
In order for fishing to be successful, you need to carefully prepare for it. Otherwise, “terrible things can happen” – the weather is wonderful, the bite is excellent, and the tackle constantly fails and prevents you from taking advantage of the favorable fishing conditions.
To prevent this from happening, you need to set up all fishing accessories in advance. One of the most important steps in preparing for fishing is the correct winding of the line on the spool of the fishing reel. Failure to comply with the basic rules threatens the would-be fisherman with entanglement and line breaks, and fishing instead of pleasure will become a test for the nervous system.
The casting distance depends on the quality of such work. Correct winding ensures the casting of the bait at a distance that best matches the technical characteristics of the reel.
In addition, high-quality winding extends the life of the line by reducing mechanical friction and reducing the risk of beard when casting, which often requires you to cut the line. Therefore, before starting work, it is necessary to consider a few tips from experienced fishermen on how to lay the line on the spool. This is a fairly simple procedure that even a beginner can handle..
Many “craftsmen” come up with their own ways of winding. For example, you should consider how to complete the task at hand with a drill. To do this, you need a nail that goes almost close to the spool hole and a 7.5 mm thick circle of rubber.
The hardware is inserted into the center of the rubber and placed in the spool. The structure is clamped in a drill chuck or screwdriver. The line is fixed in the spool with a knot.
In one hand, you need to hold a spool of thread by the central hole, in the other – a drill. Winding is performed clockwise by adjusting the revolutions of the chuck. How to wind the line on the reel of a fishing rod correctly with such a device? To do this, you only need to drive the line up and down, making sure that it lays down evenly.
Determining the amount of rewinding
In the question of how to wind the line on a reel, for beginners there is a difficulty in determining the amount of winding. It can only be established experimentally. Experienced fishermen advise to reverse the order..
If there is a second reel of the same, you first need to wind the fishing line on it, and then the reel attached to it. In this case, the basic rule should be remembered: you can correctly wind the fishing line on the spinning reel only if the level of its top layer does not exceed 3 mm from the side of the spool. After that, you should rewind the thread to the main shule, already starting with the backing, which, as it should be, will be at the bottom.
If there is no second same coil, the measurement is made on the main coil, then the line is unwound and rewound on it, already starting from the winding.
Winding profiles (taper)
For different reel models, the turns of the line on the spool are applied in different ways. In quality products, cylindrical and conical winding methods are used. The line laid in profile forms a straight line. With a cylindrical winding, this line is straight, parallel to the spool, with a tapered winding – oblique.
The straight tapered shape tapers towards the front edge of the spool, the opposite one widens. Straight taper reduces line friction. Reverse styling reduces the likelihood of spontaneous line drop.
There is also a third type of winding – chaotic. Usually used in cheap Chinese fishing rods. And if such winding can still be tolerated using ordinary fishing line, then the use of a cord in such a reel should be abandoned. Bad casts, beard, overlaps and entanglements are guaranteed. This leads to bad fishing and can also ruin the mood of every fisherman..
What is backing?
It is usually difficult to determine how much line to reel. A standard spool is believed to hold one hundred meters of 0.3mm line. However, progress has stepped far forward, and modern lines are getting thinner, without losing the margin of safety..
How many meters of fishing line to wind on the reel, each angler decides for himself, depending on the fishing conditions. Therefore, it happens more and more often that the selected line is much smaller than the spool can accommodate. The resulting free space needs to be filled with something. Some people use electrical tape or nylon thread for these purposes, but this is not the best option. The adhesive on the tape that holds the bottom turns of the line peels off quickly. And the nylon thread dries for a very long time when wet.
Therefore, more and more anglers are inclined to the American method – to reel in the lower layer of fishing line is simpler and cheaper, and tie the main, higher quality to it. This turns of an inexpensive thread is called backing, in our opinion – reeling. It connects to the main strap with a self-tightening double loop, clinch or similar knot options..
Storage rules on the spool
For the line to last longer, you need to properly care for it. When sending tackle for long-term storage, the line should be completely unwound and thoroughly dried, otherwise it will lose its elasticity. This is fraught with ruptures at the most inopportune moment. You can use a hair dryer to dry. When the line is completely dry, you need to wind it on a spool.
In general, you need to dry the thread after every fishing. Only this should not be done along the entire length, but only on an area slightly larger than the length of the long cast.
How to remove and disassemble a coil
Before starting the cord replacement process, trimmer users need to remove and disassemble the reel. Let’s see how to do it.
The trimmer mowing head consists of several parts: a cover, a spring (not on all models), a bobbin with a cord and a cover.
Attention! Before proceeding with any maintenance of the electrical unit, it must be disconnected from the mains..
In trimmers, 2 options for mounting the mowing head are most often used.
In this embodiment, the head is screwed onto the gearbox shaft. To remove it, you need to fix this shaft. To do this, in similar trimmers, for example, in the Huter and Champion, there is a hole through which you can insert either a thin screwdriver or a metal rod..
So, to remove the bobbin, follow 2 easy steps..
- Insert a screwdriver into the hole and lock the shaft.
- Grasp the head body and start turning it clockwise. Turn in this direction for the reason that the thread cut on the shaft is left.
The first way
To correctly determine how many meters of line is required for a particular reel, it is necessary to wind it on the bobbin so that the skein does not exceed the diameter of the sides. If the line sticks out over the edges of the spool, you will not be able to insert it into the casing. After you have decided on the length of the material, it must be threaded into the bobbin, so do the following.
- It is necessary to fold the fishing line in half so that one end of it is 10-15 cm longer from the other.
- Please note that the bobbin is divided into 2 parts by the central collar, from which charging begins. Find a groove on it and insert a cord bent in half into it, applying a little force..
- It is very important to determine in which direction the line is wound onto the reel. If you look closely, you can find an arrow on the bobbin or an inscription with an arrow indicating in which direction the winding should be carried out. There are times when there is no arrow on the reel. In such a situation, you can look at the arrow drawn on the mowing head and wind the cord in the opposite direction..
- Winding should be done carefully, turn by turn, with maximum thread tension.
- After the laying of the cord is completed, you will first need to fix the short end of the line by inserting it into a groove of a suitable diameter on the side of the reel.
- The second end, the one that is longer, is fastened in a groove on the opposite side of the bobbin..
- After fixing the fishing line, cut off its ends, leaving an allowance of about 10 cm.
- Next, you need to install the loaded bobbin into the mowing head. To do this, alternately inserting and pulling the thread into the outlet holes of the head, place the bobbin in the casing, then, applying the required force, pull the fishing line out of the fixing grooves and tighten it.
- Now you can put on the cover and fix it with the latches.
To remove the trimmer head, you will need to completely disassemble it..
- To remove the cover that covers the inside of the head, you must press on the latches (latches) located on both sides.
- Removing the cover reveals a spool that needs to be removed from the case. Some spools have a spring under the bobbin, which must be carefully pulled out so as not to lose it in the grass..
- When you remove the bobbin, you will see a slotted screw for a Phillips or flathead screwdriver in the center of the case. It is possible that there may be a hex bolt or an “asterisk” bit.
- Using a screwdriver, selecting the required bit (nozzle), you need to unscrew the bolt (counterclockwise).
- After removing the fasteners, grasp the body of the part and, shaking it in different directions, remove it from the gearbox shaft.
The thread does not hold
It happens that the thread unwinds if the spring in the semiautomatic head has weakened. The line is constantly extended and cut with a knife installed on the cover, which increases its consumption. To check this, remove the cover and turn on the unit. If the line “climbed”, then you will need to replace the spring.
Some spools provide a second method of securing the cord: you can charge 2 pieces of thread instead of one folded in half. The line is replaced according to the following algorithm.
- Before changing or loading a new thread into the spool, determine how many meters it will take using the method described above..
- Bend one end of the cord into a hook.
- Find the hole at the bottom of the bobbin for the line to be fixed, and insert the looped end of the thread into it..
- It is required to wind the cord according to the direction of the arrow to the required level not exceeding the spool diameter.
- Do the same for the second bobbin compartment..
- The assembly of the head is no different from the method that was given when threading the bobbin with a half-folded piece of fishing line was considered.
Reel Mowing Tall Grass?
For Shtil lawn mowers, there is a very simple and quick way to replace the line without disassembling the mowing head, which you can familiarize yourself with by watching this video.
The ends of the cord protruding from the holes in the casing can be cut to the desired length when the part is installed in the trimmer. This can be done in two ways:
- turning on the trimmer (when rotating, the ends of the fishing line will be cut off against the knife fixed for this purpose on the protective casing);
- cutting off the excess ends with scissors so that they do not touch the casing body.
The second method is used if a large diameter cord had to be supplied, and the edging knife cannot shorten it..
If the filament has been loaded into the mowing head, but the length of the protruding ends of the cord is not enough, then they must be lengthened before starting the machine – this applies to the head with manual adjustment. However, there are cases when using a semi-automatic mowing head, when, due to the insufficient length of the protruding ends of the cord, they do not lengthen automatically. In this case, it is necessary to turn off the unit (on an electrical device, it is necessary to unplug the plug from the socket), manually press the button located at the bottom of the part, and pull out a little line. After this procedure, the cord can again be extended due to centrifugal force, if you set the maximum spindle speed.
Regardless of the thickness of the line you set, you should remember: in order not to constantly interrupt work and not change the line, you should avoid areas where the working tool can touch hard surfaces (stones, curbs, thick dry branches, etc.).
Changing the line to a disc or knife
When ennobling a personal plot, park areas and other places where it is required to mow various kinds of plants, it is often necessary to change the cutting tool in the trimmer. This is due to the fact that the standard cord installed in the mowing head can only handle grass. But when a bush or young growth of trees appears in the path of an employee, the line cannot cope with such a task, and it needs to be changed to a more efficient cutting tool..
Trimmer manufacturers have foreseen such situations, and supplemented their products with a mass of attachments in the form of knives with several “petals” or in the form of discs, similar to circular saws.
If you replace the fishing line with a knife with several “petals”, then this tool can mow both tall grass and plants with thick and dry stems. And by changing the fishing line to a disk, the lawn mower user has the opportunity to cut down shrubs or small trees.
Knives and discs are installed according to the following algorithm.
- The first step is to remove, locking the shaft, the mowing head (turn clockwise) or the boot nut, if the unit has not yet been used.
- Position the saw or cutter blade so that it fits over the small protrusion (bushing).
For a better understanding of the process of changing tools, you can watch this video..
Line quantity and tension
Remember, you need to wind a new line, as the old one can break at any time and cause a lot of trouble..
While fishing, observe the behavior of the line, if it constantly waddles over the side, then perhaps it should be moved away from the edge by half a millimeter. This way you can eliminate the inconvenience.
Rewinding the line from the reel
The assistant should gradually release the line (scrolling the pencil) and keep the reel itself straight. Fixes the bobbin in different ways, as long as there is enough imagination.
When self-spinning, you need to observe that the line does not twist, for this, pay attention to the bottom of the reel. If you miss the twisting, then the tangling of the fishing line cannot be avoided. Wrap a rag on your finger or put on a glove (so as not to cut yourself) and hold the line with it at the beginning of the spool (to control the tension).
How to wind the line on a reel: tips for beginners
It is always difficult for a beginner amateur angler to comprehend all the “wisdom” and secrets of fishing. One of these “tricks” is the system of the correct winding of the fishing line on the purchased reel. But the correct location of the fishing line on the reel affects the fishing result.
Spinning reel winding
The amount of line is also indicated in the reel markings. Therefore, study the coil very carefully before purchasing..
- Wrap the fishing line cross to cross, so it is more reliable and leave 1-1.5 mm still free.
- Before the winding itself, you need to adjust the spinning washers (4-6 pieces).
- The new reel is tuned for cylindrical winding. You can also adjust for straight or reverse winding cone..
For setting the washers, instructions are attached to the new reel, some washers are on top of the axis near the spool, while others are inside. If the arrangement of the washers is upper, then this is a coil with a front functionality, if it is an internal one, then with a rear functionality, respectively, the winding adjustment is different.
This reel is designed to hold one hundred meters of line..
- First, open the line guide (special bow on the reel).
- Then, starting from small and further in ascending order, we pass the fishing line through each ring, we reach the spool and fasten the fishing line on the spool by tying a knot, or cling to a stupor.
- At first, wind a couple of turns with your hands, and then turn the handle of the reel, carefully observing the uniformity of the laying of the fishing line.
Winding on a baitcasting reel
A baitcasting reel is a separate type of an inertia reel. In it, the thickness of the fishing line must exactly match the inscription on the reel..
Correctness of winding on this reel:
- Use a knot to secure the fishing line.
- Place the reel on the spinning rod and pull the braid through the right ring.
- Tighten the brake and clutch.
- Carefully wind the line by turning the spool handle.
- Carefully adjust the desired tension using the finger cut protection.
How to properly wind the line on the trimmer spool?
Despite the fact that gardening equipment has been used for quite some time, it is still a novelty for some owners of private houses. This is why there are often questions about how to properly wind the line on an electric or gasoline trimmer..
This is essentially a simple operation, but all its stages must be performed correctly in order to achieve the desired result. Moreover, in the operating instructions, only a few manufacturers provide an answer to this painful question. Explore the article and find out how the line winds on the trimmer reel.
The order of winding the line on the trimmer spool
First of all, you should know that trimmers have different working attachments. The reel can be designed for different lengths and thicknesses of the line – this point should be taken into account when purchasing consumables.
So how do you load the line into the trimmer reel? All work is divided into several stages:
- First you need to disassemble the trimmer head.
- Unscrew the nozzle by rotating the drum to the right.
- Press with your fingers on the two latches located on different sides of the entrance, and remove the top cover of the nozzle. You can pry off the cover with a screwdriver. This should be done carefully: reels with automatic line feed have a spring that can forcefully throw the cover along with all the contents of the reel.
- Remove scraps of old fishing line.
- Now you need to find the middle of the line. To do this, unwind it to the required length (for example, 10 m), cut it off and fold it in half.
- Hook the middle of the line into the existing groove or insert it into the hole specially designed for this. And start winding. The direction is indicated by the arrow, which is usually marked on the trimmer reel body (usually against the rotation of the drum). Some models have a double-sided spool: in this case, the line should be wound in different directions: one end in one direction, the other in the other, while the loop of the line must be inserted into the dividing slot located in the middle.
- Leave loose ends of the line about 20 cm each. Later they will need to be fixed in the recesses..
- And finally, the last step will be the assembly of the drum. Reinstall the washers and spring. On the top ring of the reel there are two notches where you need to tuck the antennae of the fishing line. Thread them through the holes and place the spool in the drum, trying to tighten the line without displacing the spring.
- Place the drum cover on top and close it with your fingers. The latches will snap into place with a characteristic click.
When you turn on the trimmer, the excess line will be cut off by the trimmer blade..
As you can see, winding the line on the trimmer reel is not difficult: the main thing is to do everything right. And here are some more tips that will come in handy when choosing a fishing line, winding it and subsequent work:
- fishing line comes in different thicknesses and with different sections. The best option for winding is the “native” line for this model;
- never use fishing line or metal cables for the trimmer. Such a substitution may seem effective, but it is very dangerous. Jumping off a working trimmer, the cable can seriously injure not only the lawnmower himself, but also those around him;
- the line is cut when the trimmer is in contact with hard objects. Try not to allow this, otherwise you will have to stop each time, turn off the device and rewind the line on the reel;
- Use regular line for cutting lawn grass and pigtail line for coarse weeds. It is more durable and will not constantly cut.
More than 200 types of trimmers in one place at the lowest prices. Click and watch
Now, having removed and disassembled the coil, we proceed, in fact, to winding.
How to wind the line correctly on the trimmer spool
Many, having worked out the factory line on a recently purchased trimmer, try to wind a new one, but cannot, because they do not know how to properly wind the line on the spool (bobbin) of the trimmer. It seems that there is an instruction, but it still does not work. Let’s try in this article to deal with this issue..
So, in order to wind the line, you first need to remove the coil from the trimmer – this will be more convenient. The removal method will depend on the type of trimmer.
Removing the coil from the trimmer
On small electric bottom motor trimmers (when operating near the ground), the reel usually has two buttons on the sides. Click on them and disconnect one half of the coil body from the second, which remains on the trimmer. Together with the first half, the inner part is also taken out, on which the fishing line is directly wound. When parsing, be careful: there is a spring inside that can fly out and get lost.
On electric and gasoline trimmers with a curved bar (there is still no way to put a knife on such trimmers), you need to wrap the coil body itself with one hand, and with the other hand you need to start rotating the lamb on it counterclockwise. It is he who attaches the coil to the trimmer bar. Having unscrewed the lamb, carefully remove the entire coil, trying not to lose the spring inside..
On electric and gasoline trimmers with a straight bar and a gearbox at its end (on such trimmers, in addition to fishing line, you can also install a knife), we look for a hole under the coil, insert, for example, a screwdriver into it, quietly rotate the coil until the screwdriver crawls even deeper, and the coil will lock. Now we turn the whole coil clockwise (since the thread is left-hand) and remove it from the trimmer. Then we disassemble the coil. It can be assembled with latches or twisted with a lamb. If the coil is on snaps, then press on the sides on the base of the snaps so that they bend and release one half of the coil body from the other. We just unscrew the lamb. There may also be a third type of connection of two halves of such a coil: with it, you need to grab the lower part with one hand, and the upper part with the other, and start turning them in opposite directions. When disassembling such a coil, you also need to make sure that the spring inside is not lost..
If your coil is designed to work with only one tendril, then it’s simple. You need to unwind 2-4 m of fishing line (depending on the size of the reel), find a fixing hole for the line on the inside of the reel, insert one end of the line there and start winding the line in the direction opposite to the direction of rotation of the reel on the trimmer. On the inside of the reel, they usually indicate with an arrow in which direction to wind the line. Having reeled the fishing line, we leave a small piece of it unwound in order to expose it outside. We fix this piece in a special groove located on the inner part of the reel and designed so that the line does not unwind at the time of collecting the reel. If there is no such groove, then you will have to hold the fishing line with your finger to prevent it from unwinding during the further collection of the coil. Next, we take the outer part of the coil and thread the outer piece of fishing line into the existing hole, assemble and put the coil back on the trimmer.
If the coil is designed to work with two antennae, then do the following. On the inside of the reel, we look at how many grooves there are for winding the fishing line. There may be one or two of them. If there is only one groove, then both antennae are wound along this one groove. If there are two grooves, then each antenna is wound along its own groove. A reel with one groove should have a through hole through which the line is threaded. We unwind 2-4 m of fishing line, thread it through this hole so that it sticks out equally on each side of the fishing line. And we simultaneously wind both antennae of the fishing line in the same direction, opposite to the direction of rotation of the coil on the trimmer and coinciding with the direction indicated by the arrow on the inside of the coil. We leave a little of the fishing line unwound, fix the resulting ends in special grooves, and if they are not there, we hold them with our fingers. We pass both ends into the existing holes on the outer casing of the coil. Assembling the coil and attaching it to the trimmer.
If there are two grooves, fold a piece of fishing line 2-4 m long in half, insert the loop obtained at the place of the fold into the groove between the two grooves, and simultaneously wind both ends of the fishing line along its own groove. Further actions are similar to the previous option..
There are also reels in which the fishing line is threaded through a through hole on the inside. After that, the ends of the line, without winding, are threaded completely through the holes on the outer body of the reel, collect the reel and begin to rotate the button, which is usually pressed, in order to release the line during operation as it wears out. Rotate the button – the fishing line itself is wound inside. At the same time, it will not work to turn it in the “wrong” direction, since it can only rotate in one direction. If you get used to it, you can wind fishing line on such a reel without even disassembling it – you just need to combine the through hole of the inner drum with the holes on the outer body of the reel, and then thread the line through them.
That’s all on this issue. Happy winding!