How to start a gasoline lawnmower: disassemble in detail How to start a lawnmower? Pull the cord! Okay, we agree. Sometimes this is not enough. Considering that some lawn mowers start.
It often happens that users of this kind of machines try to save it by filling the tank with not fuel with the usual octane number, but something incomprehensible that has been in a plastic canister for almost a dozen years.
- Always clean your lawn mower after work. Dried grass can stick firmly to it. It also smells bad when it starts to rot. Therefore, as soon as you are done mowing, clear the mower of any grass.
- Never leave the mower over the winter with gasoline in the tank. During storage, it can thicken and clog the carburetor.
- Never run your mower without proper lubrication, unless you love buying a new mower every time.
The main thing is the fuel mixture!
In this case, the remnants of plastic dissolved in a brutal environment create such terrible things in the combustion chamber that you will definitely not be able to do without completely overturning the mechanism. Petrol self-propelled lawn mowers choice. But you will certainly remember forever how to store fuel correctly.
What can you do when the fuel was just normal, there is a spark, but the petrol trimmer won’t start? It may be that you just filled the candle with gasoline. In this case, it must be unscrewed, wiped with a clean cloth and dried. reliable electronic braid trimmers. By the way, it will be completely useful to check the candle itself for performance.
How to fill a line in a lawn mower: how to change and load into a reel, how to change and how much to wind into a trimmer
When spring comes, people often spend their free time at their summer cottage. They try to rid their area of problems such as weeds and grass with the onset of warm days. It is difficult to do this manually, especially if the area is very large, so a lawn mower will help. Thanks to this technique, you can trim the grass and remove weeds.This is a suitable device for mowing unnecessary plants near the fence, at home, between rows in the garden on a flower bed, and so on. Read about how to choose the right mower for your needs here. The cutting element in this device is a fishing line (strong polyethylene thread), which is wound on a special spool element. But over time, the line wears out and it becomes necessary to replace it. The article will talk about how to fill the line in a lawn mower.
To quickly and safely change the line on the reel of the mower, you must observe safety precautions. Before removing the reel to wind the line around the mower, the technician must be disconnected from the power supply (if the mower is powered by electricity). Here I would like to mention the reliability rating of electric lawn mowers, which will help you choose a safe helper.
Another important the safety rule that must be observed is pressing the lock button. You can find out its location on the vehicle body using the instruction manual. For example, you can find the operating instructions for the manual petrol lawn mower here.
Do not forget that the cutting element needs to be adjusted. There is an adjustment button on the body of the unit. If the process does not start automatically and the thread tension has loosened, then the button is clamped and the fishing line is pulled out of the spool with force.
Replacement instructions how to insert the line
It should be noted that the reels in mowers can be different:
- For functioning with one antenna;
- For functioning with two antennae;
- The fishing line must be threaded through the through hole located inside the element.
And do not confuse this part with an extension cord for a lawn mower on a reel, because despite the similar name, these are two completely different elements.
This article will tell you about how much the ZIL 130 dump truck weighs and what this transport is capable of.
Read here //machinspec.Com/lesozagotovitelnaya/benzopila/stanok-dlya-zatochki.html how to assemble a chain sharpener for chainsaws with your own hands quickly and easily.
In the first option, winding the cutting element is very simple:
- There is a locking tab on the inside of the spool element.
- One tendril of the thread is inserted into it.
- It is necessary to thread the nylon thread in the direction opposite to the rotation of the spool element.
- You will need only 2 to 4 meters of fishing line. When the winding process is complete, put the small end of this cutting element outward and fix it in the groove, which is necessary for fixing the line so that it does not unwind during the mower operation.
- If there is no special groove, then the end should be held by hand so that the cutting element does not unwind during further assembly of the element.
- At the last stage, it is necessary to thread the outer end of the thread into a special hole located on the outer part of the element. The spool can then be inserted into the mower.
When the roller is working with both ends of the plastic filament, then the following steps must be taken to thread the line into the mower:
- Inside, on the spool, you will see how many recesses there are for winding (two or one). If there is only one groove, then both ends of the thread will be guided through this groove. If there are two of them, then the antennae are laid out separately. Each in its own notch.
- It is necessary to unwind from 2 to 4 meters of polyethylene thread and thread its two ends into the hole.
- Wind both threads in the opposite direction to the rotation of the drum.
- When all the line is wound, the ends should be fixed in the grooves or held by hand.
- Both ends are threaded into an eyelet on the outside of the roller housing.
- The drum is then assembled and inserted into the mower.
Tips and steps for changing the line to.
The spool element or roller may have a completely different design from the previous two options. The line can be threaded through the eyelet, which is through and located inside the spool. In this case, you do not need to disassemble the roller drum and manually wind the polyethylene thread.
The polyethylene thread is threaded through the hole and rotated by pressing a special button. This the button is located on the body and is intended for the operation of equipment, so that you can release the line as it wears out.
How to change the line on a lawn mower: detailed instructions
In 1971, American entrepreneur George Bollas invented a lawn mower that used a line as a cutting knife. A lot of time has passed since then, the drive has become more powerful, a modern trimmer can easily damage the bark, so the idea itself has transformed into mowing grass around obstacles without damaging the mower cutter itself. For a neat cut around obstacles, a smaller line head can be used and is easy to change when moving from large areas to delicate mowing. However, the cutting tool itself needs to be replaced periodically. We will tell you how to disassemble the head of a lawn mower (trimmer) and wind new line.
Choosing a line for the trimmer head
There are many types of heads available to suit different types of line. The latter is also available in several diameters: from 1.0 mm to 3.2 mm. over, its cross section is round (including with a special groove to reduce the noise level), square, twisted and in the shape of a star.
There are no clear preferences, this explains the wide variety of shapes and diameters on the market. The round shape is usually stronger, but has the worst cutting ability and also produces a characteristic sound when rotated. Therefore, sometimes an acoustic groove is made on it, however, the use of this fishing line makes sense only on battery trimmers, in cars with a gasoline engine and a network drive, the sound level of the drive itself practically drowns out the sound from the fishing line. The square has a good cutting ability, and despite the fact that this line is less strong than round, on average it is consumed less. Square fishing line quite easily cuts off the growth of the same willow up to 1 cm in diameter. The star has the maximum number of cutting edges, mows the best and is consumed the fastest.
The next nuance when choosing is rigidity. The fact is that during the production of nylon, a modifier (often maleic anhydride) is added to it, which improves its strength and prevents tearing. However, modifiers are not the cheapest component, they try to save on it. Therefore, a seemingly good line, which remained for the winter, unexpectedly behaves in a completely different way in spring, it stops coming out of the reel normally. There is a recommendation to soak the fishing line in water before work, but I do not see much point in this, maleic anhydride interacts with water, but if it is not enough in nylon, there will be nothing to interact with. Therefore, it makes no sense to stock up on fishing line for a long period of time, a breaking or constantly breaking line, which, moreover, does not want to leave the reel itself, can significantly complicate the work.
What gasoline to fill?
Almost all lawn mowers use unleaded AI-92 gasoline, which is called Regular at some gas stations. However, some models are designed for AI-95 (Premium) or even AI-98 (Super) gasoline.
If you fill in the type of fuel recommended by the manufacturer, then the engine will consume the resource very carefully and it will last for many years or even decades. There are cases when lawn mowers, released in the mid-eighties of the last century, still work without repair or replacement of the engine.
What kind of gasoline to put in the mower and how to choose the oil?
The engine of any gasoline lawn mower is very demanding on fuel and oil, so the use of unsuitable fuel or oil that is not suitable for the engine leads to a decrease in its resource, as well as its failure.
After all, a lawn mower engine works on the same principles as a car engine. Therefore, in order for it to work without breakdowns and with maximum power, it is necessary to use not only high-quality, but also the corresponding gasoline and oil.
For example, lawn mowers are equipped with only four-stroke engines, while lawn mowers and other hand tools are only equipped with two-stroke engines, and it is better to refuel with fuel suitable for this type of engine.
Next, let’s try to understand the question of which gasoline to pour into the lawn mower in more detail.
Why is it important to choose the right fuel?
Liquid fuel (gasoline) passes through the carburetor or injector and enters the cylinder, where it mixes with air, and then burns, releasing heat and exhaust gases, creating sufficient pressure for piston movement.
After all, this GOST, although inferior to the regulatory documents adopted in the EU, USA or Japan, but the negative impact of the corresponding fuel on the engine fits into the standards adopted by these countries.
Therefore, the main difference between Russian GOST and the regulatory documents of these countries concerns the impact of gasoline on the environment and modern environmentally friendly engines. But the vast majority of lawn mowers are equipped with engines developed in the middle of the last century, which means that their impact on the environment is comparable to the same car engines. Therefore, even the most environmentally friendly gasoline cannot change the situation for the better.
If the content of sulfur and resins is higher than required by GOST 32513-2013, then such gasoline poses a serious threat to engines, after all:
- Resin gradually settles on the walls of the channels of the fuel system, reducing their throughput and disrupting the ratio of fuel and air in the fuel-air mixture;
- Sulfur changes the combustion temperature of gasoline, due to which the parts of the combustion chamber, that is, the cylinder, piston, valves and head, operate at temperatures higher than the calculated ones, which means that their resource is consumed several times faster.
If the fuel differs in octane number, then the fuel with a lower octane number ignites earlier, which causes detonation, which destroys all parts of the combustion chamber. If the octane number is higher, then part of the fuel burns out in the muffler, which leads to burnout.