Malfunctions and remedies
If the equipment stops working, the first step is to check the ignition coil installed on the tiller. There may be several reasons for such malfunctions:
- Wiring problems;
- Breakdown in the ignition coil;
- Malfunction of candles;
- No spark from the candles installed on the tiller (this is one of the most common causes of problems).
To check the candle, it should be Unscrewed and well examined by the side and central electrodes. If carbon deposits are found here, they can be easily disposed of with a gas burner. When inspecting THESE parts, pay attention to whether there is moisture on them. If the candle turns out to be dry, this will indicate that fuel does NOT enter the engine of the cultivator.
If this part is wet, it may indicate that the cylinder has been filled with engine oil. To get out of this situation, it is necessary to find the cause of the breakdown, and then dry the cylinder and wipe the candle well. To dry the cylinder, you will need to pull the starter rope several times.
After that, it is recommended to check the coil, taking into account the recommendations of specialists for the repair of agricultural machinery. This can be done in the same way as with a candle. It is necessary to put the tip on it, and push the lower plane towards the magneto body. If there is no spark during the rotation of the flywheel, then the problem lies precisely in the coil.
How to check the ignition coil on Tilleri?
Checking and, if necessary, repairing the ignition coil follows the same principle as for the magneto tiller.
The following factors indicate that the tiller’s ignition coil has failed:
- Weak spark or its complete absence;
- There is a smell of molten plastic in the area where the ignition coil is installed;
- The appearance of a cracking sound when trying to start the tiller.
In any of THESE cases, you will need to carefully examine the tiller’s ignition coil. To do this, it is best to completely dismantle it. To this end, first unscrew the fastening bolts and remove the upper cover of the ignition system housing. Then you need to disconnect the high-voltage wire and, carefully prying the coil, remove it from the case. After that, you need to carefully inspect the part for traces of melting. if black spots are visible on the coil, then, most likely, the current created by it did not reach the candle, as a result of which the ignition coil itself succumbed to the voltage. Especially often farmers encounter this problem, in whose tillers a non-contact ignition is installed.
The reason that the current did not reach the spark plug is poor contacts on the high-voltage conductor. In this case, repair of the ignition of the tiller is reduced to stripping the wires or completely replacing them. In tillers where an electronic ignition system is installed, in the event of a breakdown, the wire is automatically disconnected due to the presence of a special fuse. In agricultural machines with ignition systems of the second types, disconnect the wire in case of breakdowns manually.
Finding the correct injection angle
You can experimentally adjust the ignition angle on a diesel engine as follows:
- After installing the pulley, attempts are made to start the diesel. If the engine does not start, then the injection pump pulley is turned by a few teeth (2-4). Then they try to start the engine again.
- When the motor starts up after the above manipulations, evaluate its work. The presence of obvious knocking knocks means that the fuel pump pulley must be turned a tooth or two in the opposite direction. The appearance of thick gray smoke may indicate a late lead angle. In a similar situation, the pump pulley rotates one tooth in the direction of rotation.
The second available method involves the following steps:
- The high-pressure tube is dismantled from the nozzle of the first cylinder. The removed tube must be tightly fitted with a transparent plastic hose and placed in an upright position.
- After that, you can turn on the ignition and turn the pump pulley. The pulley rotates as softly, slowly and accurately as possible.
- Next, you need to monitor the fuel level in the tube and identify the upper limit.
- Noticing when the level of diesel fuel in the tube is the highest, it is necessary to make a mark on the pulley.
- Then, according to the marks, you need to set the crankshaft and camshaft of the engine.
After starting, engine performance is assessed. If an early or late fuel injection angle is determined, the adjustment operation should be repeated.
One of the main units in the tiller’s design is the ignition system. It is responsible for the formation of the spark required to instantly ignite the fuel mixture. The ignition system of a modern tiller has a fairly simple design, which allows you to set up or repair the unit yourself. However, for this, the correct procedure must be followed, otherwise there will be a high risk of breakage of system parts.
How to set the injection advance angle on a diesel engine
The need to install ignition on a diesel engine with your own hands often arises in the following cases:
- The ignition of the diesel engine needs to be corrected in parallel with the replacement of the timing belt;
- After dismantling the injection pump, it is not possible to install the fuel pump pulley according to special marks;
One of the recommendations before starting any work related to the disassembly of diesel fuel equipment is the urgent need to clearly mark and refresh all marks. To do this, it is enough to apply small strokes with paint or a high-quality marker. This will facilitate subsequent reassembly and installation of the injection pump pulley, which will automatically eliminate or minimize potential ignition failures.
You can set the ignition on a diesel in several ways:
- Strictly according to the labels (subject to availability)
- By empirical selection method;
How to set the ignition on a Diesel Tiller
One of the main differences between a diesel engine and a gasoline engine is the principle of igniting diesel fuel. Ignition of the fuel-air mixture in a diesel engine is realized by means of self-ignition of diesel fuel from contact with air in the cylinders that is pre-compressed and heated as a result of such compression.
The ignition timing on a diesel engine involves a change in the fuel injection advance angle, which is applied at a predetermined moment at the end of the compression stroke. If the angle is set differently from the optimal parameters, then the fuel injection will be untimely. The result will be inadequate combustion of the mixture in the cylinders, which causes a devastating imbalance in the engine.
It turns out that the ignition system of a diesel engine should be understood as the most important element of the power unit’s power supply system. a high-pressure fuel pump (injection pump). In most diesel engines, it is this device in combination with diesel nozzles that is responsible for the timely metered supply of diesel fuel to the engine cylinders.
Self Test Magneto for Tiller
Another important element of the tiller ignition system is the magneto. In the event of a malfunction of the node, it also lends itself to careful inspection for operability. Checking the tiller’s magneto is quite simple. To do this, it is necessary to clean the candle from the carbon deposits accumulated on its surface and make sure that it is working properly. Then a cap with a serviceable drive is put on the candle. Next, the lower part of the candle must be brought to the magneto body, and begin to rotate the flywheel located in the motor with your fingers.
If a spark in the magneto on the tiller does not occur, then the element is out of order. In this case, it will be necessary to replace the magneto of the tiller ignition system in order to prevent wear of the second mechanisms of the unit.
There are sparks on the tillery. reasons and solutions. Ignition adjustment
During operation, sooner or later, a person will have to adjust the ignition of the tiller. If this is not done in time, the equipment will work intermittently, which will affect the early wear of the second mechanisms, which are fundamental to the functionality of this unit. First, in order for the farmer to have a chance of successfully adjusting the ignition on the tiller, he must study in detail this system of agricultural machinery that runs on diesel or gasoline.
In this tutorial, you will learn how to adjust the ignition system:
If you set up this part of the unit correctly, the system will be able to create a Spark exactly where it is needed and at the most appropriate moment. Here it is worth considering that the magneto is responsible for the distribution of sparks for automotive products, which also do not forget to check. The setting must be performed, adhering to the following procedure:
- First of all, the master checks the operation of the flywheel, which is in the engine until the contacts located in the magneto are opened.
- At the next stage, it is necessary to measure the distance between the so-called “hammer” and “anvil” built into the ignition structure.
- Next, the flywheel should be returned so that the piston is compressed. When the flywheel reaches the upper limit, turn it again. As a result, the person should hear a one-time knock. It will indicate that the overrunning clutch has worked.
- At the next stage, the flywheel is turned counterclockwise so that the mark on it converges with the one on the body.
- The next step is to adjust the distance between the cam and the adjacent breaker contact. It should be borne in mind here that the minimum distance for the tiller to work properly is a quarter of a millimeter, and the maximum is 0.35 mm.
- At the last stage, it will remain to fix the built-in cam using a special screw located on top.
Setting the angle by marks
The first way to independently set the diesel ignition angle (the moment of diesel fuel injection) according to the marks involves the displacement of the fuel pump. This method is suitable for diesel internal combustion engines, in which mechanical fuel equipment is installed.
The injection advance angle is adjusted by rotating the injection pump around the axis. A method is also possible when the camshaft toothed pulley turns in relation to the hub. This method is suitable for those designs in which the pump and pulley are not rigidly attached.
- To adjust the ignition on a diesel engine with your own hands, you need to turn to the back of the internal combustion engine and get to the flywheel, if necessary, dismantle the protective casing from it.
- Next, you need to find a stopper on the flywheel, which goes down into a special slot.
- After that, the handwheel must be turned manually (using a key or a second device). Turning the flywheel means that the engine’s crankshaft is rotating. You need to twist clockwise until the upper stopper-lock is activated.
- Then we pay attention to the injection pump drive shaft. It is possible that the scale on the drive clutch, through which the rotation is transmitted, is in the upper position. In this case, the mark on the injection pump flange is aligned with the zero mark on the drive.
- After aligning the marks, the fastening bolts can be tightened. A setting scale on the drive clutch that is different from the top position means that the flywheel stop must be lifted, after which the engine crankshaft turns again by one revolution. Then the position of the scale is monitored again.
- After tightening the drive clutch bolts, the stop on the flywheel rises, the crankshaft turns 90 °, then the stop is placed in the groove.
The final step is to reinstall the flywheel guard and tighten the mounting bolts. Then the engine is started, its work is analyzed. The unit at idle speed should work smoothly and smoothly, without failures and jerks. Hard work of a diesel engine, accompanied by detonation knocks, is unacceptable.
Next, you need to check the correctness of the setting in motion, avoiding serious loads. Warm up the engine to operating temperature and evaluate the throttle response of the power plant, the response to pressing the gas pedal. It is also necessary to monitor the color of the exhaust gases, as a late fuel injection advance angle will be accompanied by a gray-black engine smoke.
Below is an overview of milling the soil with goose feet:
And here is an overview of the work of the Ural tiller with a Lifan engine:
Below is an overview of the snow blower based on the Ural Tiller:
The popularity of the Urals is due to the possibility of installing attachments from third-party manufacturers. This opportunity is achieved due to the fact that these machines are equipped with a universal type hitch.
The description of the Ural Patriot tiller should begin with the fact that this vehicle was assembled by a defense enterprise from Bashkiria called JSC TsMPO. This is one of the best examples of the conversion of military production to civilian rails.
Tiller Ural have a low price and high quality
The tiller gained its popularity due to its ease of operation and high maintainability. This car can be repaired on the go, and there are no problems with access to spare parts.
The main features of the Urals:
- Treat plots up to a hectare;
- The possibilities are NOT limited only to soil processing. it is able to remove snow and transport goods when using the proper attachments;
- The transmission of the device is equipped with four gears;
- Due to a maximum speed of up to 15 kilometers per hour, it is well suited for transporting goods in conditions of poor or absent roads;
- Has increased stability thanks to the Shiro wheelbase;
- Adjustment of the track is allowed Based on the operating conditions, which significantly increases the efficiency of the unit.
In this, we will review the Ural tiller:
Valve clearance adjustment
One of the most common reasons that the Ural Tiller does not start is the untimely supply of the ignition spark. This is due to a violation of the valve clearance due to excessive loading or wear of parts.
In order to adjust it, you must perform the following steps:
- Loosen the nut with a screwdriver, and place the blade under the valve;
- Rotate the flywheel and adjust the valve free play (it should turn easily, but in its lowest position, it fits snugly against the blade)
- Fix the position by tightening the nut.
The most popular reasons that the engine will not start, as well as ways to fix them are presented below:
- Check for fuel and oil (top up if necessary)
- The ignition spark has disappeared or the system malfunctioned (you should check it completely);
- The engine may not start due to an incorrect setting of the fuel mixture in the carburetor (it is necessary to adjust the fuel and air supply);
- The fuel or air filter could be clogged, because of this, the fuel does NOT enter the carburetor (it should be cleaned).
Tiller Ural with UMP 5V engine
A feature of the Ural tiller model with an UMZ 5V engine is the ability to process clay and other heavy soils without losing efficiency. In combination with the ability to work in almost any climatic conditions and maintainability literally on the go. this made the model one of the most popular among domestic gardeners.
The unit belongs to the uniaxial category. Its track is quite wide, but it can be easily adjusted for operational needs. You can set the required value, both based on the characteristics of the soil, and the workflow. The package includes a 1.5 liter oil tank.
The main purpose of such a motor-cultivator is to cultivate a land plot for the purpose of further planting selected crops on it. Such works as transportation of goods, haymaking, garbage and snow removal are possible only after installing attachments. At the same time, there is a shortage in the models of the latter.
General technical characteristics of the Urals UMZ-5V:
- Weight. 120 kilograms;
- Air cooling of the motor;
- 82mm cylinder;
- Gasoline engine, 5 horsepower;
- Fuel tank, 6 liters.
The rather large dimensions and massiveness of the car in the eyes of many are its main drawback. Because of this, it is quite difficult to transport it over long distances. Despite the fact that it is suitable only for processing middle areas. An important drawback is the noise, which requires the use of ear protectors.
How to operate
The service manual for Ural chillers of the UMS and UMB series differs little from the operating instructions for any other similar unit, and in many ways is even simpler than them. And first of all, the device is prepared for operation. To prepare, perform several extremely simple and universal actions:
- Conduct a general inspection of the tiller;
- Check if there is either fuel or oil;
- Set the gearbox to neutral;
- Measure what the fuel and oil levels are in the respective tanks;
- If necessary, add working fluids;
- Check the operation of the engine, turn it on.
Tillery Ural have the greatest agility in comparison with their competitors
If no problems were identified at the preparatory stage, work begins. For what:
- Switch the engine to low speed;
- Turn off the clutch mechanism;
- Include the required speed on the gearbox;
- Release the clutch release lever, which leads to an increase in speed and the start of movement.
But before starting the continuous operation of the unit, it is run-in. Thanks to this procedure, you can significantly extend the life of the Ural cultivator. Performed Not only immediately after purchasing the device, but also after any prolonged downtime.
For proper running-in, you must:
- Start the engine at idle speed. While the gearbox must be in neutral.
- The unit operates in a similar mode for the first five hours, without load.
- After their end, the device is loaded at half the power and so it works for the next 25 hours.
- Over the next 30 hours, the owner gradually increases the load on the car until it reaches its maximum.