Without a chainsaw in the household can not do. Therefore, you need to know the rules of use and maintenance. First of all, this concerns the performance of the carburetor. The efficiency of the chainsaw depends on this part. Therefore, the carburetor of the Stihl chainsaw must be adjusted in time in compliance with the technology. If you have knowledge and little experience, you can do it yourself.
Device and principle of operation
Before starting the adjustment, it is recommended to study the device of the chainsaw carburetor in advance. Most often, it does not depend on the model, only Chinese-made chainsaws can be an exception. But you can always look at the instructions.
The carburetor is part of the engine of the chainsaw, responsible for mixing oxygen and fuel in the correct proportions and supplying the mixture directly to the engine.
It is important that the proportions are observed in this case, otherwise there is a risk of engine failure, which may result in excessive fuel consumption or a complete stop of the device.
The main parts of a carburetor gasoline saw are:
- tube. performs the function of air transfer, portioned flow is possible due to the presence of a damper;
- diffuser. this part is located directly at the inlet through which fuel is supplied, which can accelerate the flow of air;
- the atomizer is capable of injecting gasoline into the created air stream;
- the float chamber is a cavity, serves to maintain fuel at the same level, from it gasoline is fed through the nozzle to the atomizer.
The principle of operation of the carburetor chainsaw is simple. Its structure allows air to pass through the tube, while the speed can be controlled by a damper. After the tube is opened, the float is activated. This leads to the fact that air passes through the diffuser and mixes with fuel. Then this mixture moves into the cylinder. Due to the pressure difference (in the chamber with the float, it is almost equal to atmospheric, and in the tube it is rarefied), the fuel is absorbed into the tube, and the more it is, the more the engine’s revolutions will be.
Faults and repairs
The Stihl 180 chainsaw carburetor requires both initial and periodic adjustment. You can find out about its necessity by the following signs:
- Problems with the engine, for example, it does not start or stalls immediately after starting operation. Most often, the reason is the use of low-quality fuel mixture.
- Fuel consumption and increased exhaust. Exhaust gases become larger due to incomplete combustion of fuel. Most often, this problem can occur due to a glut of fuel.
Video: How to Remove a Stihl 180 Carburetor
Other breakdowns may occur, such as clogging due to damage to the air filter or the formation of scale. The reasons may be due to the fact that with prolonged downtime gasoline remains in the fuel tank. This is due to the fact that the fuel is exhausted, which spoils the device.
Regardless of the reason, you need to repair the carburetor, which often comes down to adjustment. The method of performing this procedure depends on the model of the chainsaw, however, you can adhere to general principles.
How to remove a carburetor from a chainsaw
Before adjusting, remove it from the Stihl chainsaw. To do this:
- Turn the lock to the left to remove the cover.
- Remove the filter, for which unscrew the two nuts that hold it. For ease of operation, it is recommended to use special screwdrivers with suitable nozzles.
- Remove all traction, including the carburetor lever.
- Remove the carburetor and then disconnect the fuel hose.
It is recommended to remember the location of the parts so that you can then put the carburetor in place and at the same time there are no unnecessary fasteners or distortions and cracks formed.
How to clean
In the event that the chainsaw stalls idling, it is necessary to disassemble the part and clean it. This primarily concerns the cleaning of the optional filter. This part is a mesh. To get to her, you need:
- Remove the largest cover.
- Remove the membrane located under the cover.
- Clear the mesh located in the recess. This should be done with extreme caution, since the mesh can fall out. Use a copper wire for cleaning. Additionally, rinse and blow all channels. The latter procedure is necessary if gasoline does not enter the carburetor.
How to setup
The carburetor for the Stihl 180 chainsaw is adjusted to improve performance and save fuel.
To do it yourself do:
- Clean the fuel system, including the tank, of the remnants of a mixture of gasoline and oil. Blow out the air duct and filters.
- Chainsaw carburetor adjustment is carried out using bolts N, L and S. Bolt N controls the nozzle, provides maximum speed. Bolt L performs the same function, but provides minimum speed. Screw S is responsible for the accuracy of idle speed. Perform this procedure when the engine is off.
- It is necessary to adjust the carburetor on the chainsaw by setting the corresponding rotation angles of the first two bolts. You can set basic values as follows. Turn the first two bolts slowly in a clockwise direction, after stop, return two turns back.
- Turn on the engine and adjust the ignition on the Stihl chainsaw and its carburetor completely. To do this, find the highest idle speed by turning the bolt L in different directions. After this maximum is found, the bolt needs to be returned a quarter of a turn. In the event that the chain starts to move, the engine must be stopped.
- Carry out a technical check. In particular, it is necessary to determine the maximum number of revolutions, check the acceleration and stability of the engine at idle, as well as the compliance of these parameters with the basic values in the instructions. The quality of the mixture to be tested should be the highest.
Cost of repairs and carburetor replacement
If there is no experience in repairing parts of a Stihl chainsaw, it is better to entrust it to specialists. The price depends on the complexity of the repair and the region. The average values are as follows:
- diagnosis of a gasoline saw. 300 rubles;
- carburetor replacement. 300 rubles;
- comprehensive service (the complex includes flushing, installation and adjustment). 1000 rubles;
- indiscriminate external cleaning. 300 rubles;
- adjustment. 300 rubles;
- bulkhead carburetor and engine. 2000 rubles;
- sealing the pipe. 200 rubles.
Regular carburetor adjustments can improve chainsaw efficiency and reduce fuel costs. At the same time, it is recommended to strictly observe the technology or entrust work to specialists.